Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1026 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8548Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #30751 of 43882 Old 07-16-2016, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
hbjdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Yes, there is a Dynaudio dealer 35 km. away, that's the place I've been to a few times lately (Tapeconnection).

I will only trust Danish hifi stores from now on, and then only those which I know are 100% ok (Tapeconnection, KT Radio and a few others).
I'd rather pay more and then have peace of mind, just as you say, BigAl.

Peace of mind is actually worth a lot to me, and of course not least after this experience.

It sounds good that you think X18 are nearly as good as Focus 160 - I saw X18 last time I was at Tapeconnection, didn't have time to listen to it though.
That would be a good option for me.
No more adventures buying Focus 160's etc. from foreign places.
Another option I'm considering is to just keep using my Excite X14 as fronts and then get some Emit 10's and use those as surround speakers.
Having X14 as surround speakers I have found is rather overkill.
That speaker is way too good to be used just for surround speakers, and way too expensive too IMO.
hbjdk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #30752 of 43882 Old 07-16-2016, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,446
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 397
I see; I searched for "Xeo" and "Xeo 2" but didn't find them until I just searched just for "Dynaudio". Gar, might be worthwhile to include "Xeo" on its own so it comes up in more searches.
amatuerholic is offline  
post #30753 of 43882 Old 07-16-2016, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,238
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
Yes, there is a Dynaudio dealer 35 km. away, that's the place I've been to a few times lately (Tapeconnection).

I will only trust Danish hifi stores from now on, and then only those which I know are 100% ok (Tapeconnection, KT Radio and a few others).
I'd rather pay more and then have peace of mind, just as you say, BigAl.

Peace of mind is actually worth a lot to me, and of course not least after this experience.

It sounds good that you think X18 are nearly as good as Focus 160 - I saw X18 last time I was at Tapeconnection, didn't have time to listen to it though.
That would be a good option for me.
No more adventures buying Focus 160's etc. from foreign places.
Another option I'm considering is to just keep using my Excite X14 as fronts and then get some Emit 10's and use those as surround speakers.
Having X14 as surround speakers I have found is rather overkill.
That speaker is way too good to be used just for surround speakers, and way too expensive too IMO.


It's another possibility to get Emit 10 as surrounds but then if you want to match the color in front you might get stuck with buying the excite center, I do not recall the color of your x-14. Also are you using a sub when you listen to music? I feel the x-18 would give you a great compromise, they don't play full range but the extra extension they have and extra air displacement they have vs the x-14 maybe just the absolute best compromise for your room.


Just my 2 cents.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
BigAl87 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #30754 of 43882 Old 07-16-2016, 05:45 PM
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
Yes, there is a Dynaudio dealer 35 km. away, that's the place I've been to a few times lately (Tapeconnection).

I will only trust Danish hifi stores from now on, and then only those which I know are 100% ok (Tapeconnection, KT Radio and a few others).
I'd rather pay more and then have peace of mind, just as you say, BigAl.

Peace of mind is actually worth a lot to me, and of course not least after this experience.

It sounds good that you think X18 are nearly as good as Focus 160 - I saw X18 last time I was at Tapeconnection, didn't have time to listen to it though.
That would be a good option for me.
No more adventures buying Focus 160's etc. from foreign places.
Another option I'm considering is to just keep using my Excite X14 as fronts and then get some Emit 10's and use those as surround speakers.
Having X14 as surround speakers I have found is rather overkill.
That speaker is way too good to be used just for surround speakers, and way too expensive too IMO.


It's another possibility to get Emit 10 as surrounds but then if you want to match the color in front you might get stuck with buying the excite center, I do not recall the color of your x-14. Also are you using a sub when you listen to music? I feel the x-18 would give you a great compromise, they don't play full range but the extra extension they have and extra air displacement they have vs the x-14 maybe just the absolute best compromise for your room.


Just my 2 cents.
Depending on room size a sub can be too much. The room my XEO 3 are in a sub would be overwhelming. The XEO 3 are great in that room.
BigAl87 likes this.
Spurrier Sucks is offline  
post #30755 of 43882 Old 07-16-2016, 05:47 PM
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
I was curious if you got the 160s yet?
No. Store promised twice to send them, I waited twice, they didn't send. Then the other day I phoned them and got an answering machine with something I think is German which I don't understand (I had German back in high school but that was many years ago).

Now I found this:
http://www.audio-markt.de/_markt/fee...4&faction=show

Looks like I may be ****ed.

I'm surprised if that's so, as the homepage looked/looks genuine to me:
http://www.fischerhifi.ch/

Also there's a Swiss page where many people apparently have reviewed the shop:
https://www.toppreise.ch/shop_630.html

If I got ****ed, it's a lesson learned the hard way for me. I'll survive. Of course I hate to lose so much money, but really, all I can think of right now is being thankful I didn't go out and order some C1's from somewhere out there. Then I would have had put myself at risk of potentially losing 4 x as much money.

The bonus I've been talking about I'm going to receive is actually an inheritance btw.
I just thought to myself that calling it a bonus in here would be kinda less personal info :-)
Fact is it's a substantial amount of money, which is why I can literally afford to pretty much just shrug if it turns out I lost the money I paid for the (perhaps fictive) Focus 160 to this Swiss company.

Thing is, I've several times bought used hifi gear from people here in Denmark at a distance without being able to check out the items in personal first - never had any problems.
That ends right here.
No chance I'll make this mistake again.

***

Anyway, when is it "safe" to buy from someone when you can't inspect the item personally?

As an example, here's someone selling some white Focus 160 on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152135997756?rmvSB=true

Guy has solid feedback, doesn't he?
And there's some kind of buyer protection in place on Ebay, I think? (and via Paypal too if paying by that method which seller writes he accepts?)

I can see now I did the stupidest thing with this Swiss store: Order from a seller with zero feedback, and pay by making a direct bank transfer.
Oh well....
That's sucks! Stay on it and hopefully it works out in your favor.
Spurrier Sucks is offline  
post #30756 of 43882 Old 07-16-2016, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 857
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 331
An added bonus since switching from the XPA-5 to the Parasound amps is that there is no longer an annoying pop between tracks anymore! I'm sure my Dyn's are happy about that as well...
yonson is offline  
post #30757 of 43882 Old 07-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
hbjdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
It's another possibility to get Emit 10 as surrounds but then if you want to match the color in front you might get stuck with buying the excite center, I do not recall the color of your x-14. Also are you using a sub when you listen to music? I feel the x-18 would give you a great compromise, they don't play full range but the extra extension they have and extra air displacement they have vs the x-14 maybe just the absolute best compromise for your room.


Just my 2 cents.
Yes, I use a B&W ASW610XP sub both for music and HT, so extra extension from front speakers is not necessary. However I remember back in 2011 when I heard X12 vs. X16 that after hearing the latter, X12 sounded rather smallish. It's probably the same with X14 vs. X18, which means that X18 will be able to fill the room more with sound. And if X18 means I have access to better centers than the one from the Excite product line, that's a big plus.
hbjdk is offline  
post #30758 of 43882 Old 07-16-2016, 10:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Back in Asia for now
Posts: 3,584
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1669 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
A guy living 50 km. from me is selling his Focus 260 and Sub 600 for 2958 Euros total ($3292). Has receipts and everything - wants to upgrade to Focus 380. Can you believe that? Also a store here in Denmark has some demo Focus 260 for $2992. Nice offers everywhere it seems!
Well it's a pity that I live just a little too far away... like in a different continent!
petetherock is online now  
post #30759 of 43882 Old 07-17-2016, 12:58 AM
Senior Member
 
hbjdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Depending on room size a sub can be too much. The room my XEO 3 are in a sub would be overwhelming. The XEO 3 are great in that room.
It probably depends on the sub. The B&W which I have has a very tight and controlled bass so it works well in my room.
hbjdk is offline  
post #30760 of 43882 Old 07-17-2016, 01:01 AM
Senior Member
 
hbjdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
That's sucks! Stay on it and hopefully it works out in your favor.
Thanks I haven't given up hope yet. For example the guy from the store has reacted to my mails just like a store would even after I made the bank transfer. If it really was a scam, there would be no incentive for him to answer my mails once the bank transfer came through. But I don't know - we'll see.

Last edited by hbjdk; 07-17-2016 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Fixing typo
hbjdk is offline  
post #30761 of 43882 Old 07-17-2016, 01:02 AM
Senior Member
 
hbjdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
Well it's a pity that I live just a little too far away... like in a different continent!
Hehe!
hbjdk is offline  
post #30762 of 43882 Old 07-17-2016, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,231
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1808 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
I see; I searched for "Xeo" and "Xeo 2" but didn't find them until I just searched just for "Dynaudio". Gar, might be worthwhile to include "Xeo" on its own so it comes up in more searches.
Thanks for the heads up, I think they are already sold! They are by far the best powered speakers I have heard, but I am still old school.. I don't like the concept of sending a speaker in if some thing goes wrong with the power supply etc... You have 3 X more of a chance of some thing happening to them, not a fan of that. Going back to a pair of KEF and Int. Amp I have laying around for my office.. I was going to use these upstairs where they sounded fantastic but wife nixed that idea, and I am just happy to have a basement I can call mine! LOL

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is online now  
post #30763 of 43882 Old 07-17-2016, 09:56 PM
Newbie
 
junkkis85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Finland
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Any news about when is the new Contour series going for sale? There's very little info about the whole series.

Yamaha CD-N500 - Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0 - Yamaha A-S501 - Dali Rubicon 6

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Philips Fidelio X2
junkkis85 is offline  
post #30764 of 43882 Old 07-17-2016, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,231
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1808 Post(s)
Liked: 855
http://www.dynaudio.com/dynaudio-aca...peaker-series/


Most likely in the US by October!

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is online now  
post #30765 of 43882 Old 07-17-2016, 11:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,238
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Yeah that.'s pretty much what I have been told, this is why it's in my sig and I believe we've all read it somewhere , anyone else here has already put a deposit? I know the Dyn rep here has already confirm the color with my dealer for my order.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
BigAl87 is offline  
post #30766 of 43882 Old 07-18-2016, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,231
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1808 Post(s)
Liked: 855
BigAl: What color did you finally go for? I am leaning towards Walnut as the only other color I like in the line up is Gloss Rosewood, they will not have Bubinga because the way the cabinet is curved will cause issues with them using this wood. I did get a nice letter from dealer via Dynaudio that pretty sums up the link I listed. Expect to see more marketing over the next couple of months directed to the consumer of course! Plan on doing some extensive listening why the C20 and XT-1 and a few others I have in mind.
amatuerholic and no quarter like this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is online now  
post #30767 of 43882 Old 07-18-2016, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,446
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Plan on doing some extensive listening why the C20 and XT-1 and a few others I have in mind.
I'd be interested in hearing these vs some used XT-2s.
Bluvette likes this.

amatuerholic is offline  
post #30768 of 43882 Old 07-18-2016, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,238
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
BigAl: What color did you finally go for? I am leaning towards Walnut as the only other color I like in the line up is Gloss Rosewood, they will not have Bubinga because the way the cabinet is curved will cause issues with them using this wood. I did get a nice letter from dealer via Dynaudio that pretty sums up the link I listed. Expect to see more marketing over the next couple of months directed to the consumer of course! Plan on doing some extensive listening why the C20 and XT-1 and a few others I have in mind.


Ironic part is we are both going for the color we both see in our respective avatar so I am going for black baffle on high gloss black piano finish which is 10% premium vs standard finish such as walnut.
tr4a likes this.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
BigAl87 is offline  
post #30769 of 43882 Old 07-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
hbjdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 60
If a thick blanket is to improve my room acoustics, would it need to be at least as wide as to contain the whole area from left to right speaker?

For example let's say that area is 160 cm.

Would a smaller blanket than 160 cm. wide still work fine?

What about shape, i.e. rectangular vs. round?
hbjdk is offline  
post #30770 of 43882 Old 07-19-2016, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,238
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
If a thick blanket is to improve my room acoustics, would it need to be at least as wide as to contain the whole area from left to right speaker?

For example let's say that area is 160 cm.

Would a smaller blanket than 160 cm. wide still work fine?

What about shape, i.e. rectangular vs. round?
What counts is mostly the first point of reflection of the sound, of course the bigger surface will tame down the sound even more, there are way to find out what your first point of reflection is on the floor. Idea is the same as if it would be calculatyed bouncing off a wall.

http://www.acoustic.ua/forms/calculator4.en.html


Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''

Last edited by BigAl87; 07-19-2016 at 02:14 PM.
BigAl87 is offline  
post #30771 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,959
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
If a thick blanket is to improve my room acoustics, would it need to be at least as wide as to contain the whole area from left to right speaker?

For example let's say that area is 160 cm.

Would a smaller blanket than 160 cm. wide still work fine?

What about shape, i.e. rectangular vs. round?
Here's a couple photos of my room and let me explain:
With this blue area rug the density was much greater then the rugs you will see below. The way the room changed was as drastic or more so even then adding the acoustic panels. The highs and lows tamed (esp. the highs) and more music was present. A lot of the high frequency energy mellowed and the bass became tighter.




The shag rug here took up more space but didn't have the density to absorb anything, it was basically just a larger version of the rug below.


In these photos you see the acoustic panels and the small area rug I started with. The acoustic panels were there to reduce the echo I was experiencing and it helped esp in the stairwell. However the room was still very lively.

I'd love to treat the ceiling but that's a "No Go" however that would probably be the last thing that would really help. So I'm going to have to live with things this way for now. But the panels helped the echo and room reverb and the rug toned the room significantly, just make sure it's dense.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
callas01 is online now  
post #30772 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
hbjdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Thanks guys - interesting link, BigAl & ditto photos, callas.
Edit: And interesting to hear the big rug helped so much soundwise.

The rug I'm looking at is this one:
http://www.ikea.com/dk/da/catalog/products/30283781/

Edit: Carpet data are these:
Produktmål
Længde: 240 cm length
Bredde: 170 cm width
Ydre: 4.08 m²
Bruttovægt: 4200 g/m² net weight
Luvtæthed: 3260 g/m² hm not sure of translation, carpet density you can say
Maks. luvhøjde: 70 mm max. carpet height

It's the thickest/densest one I have found so far.
Would it work well acoustically, do you think?

BTW. seller says Focus 160 was shipped from Germany finally!
Also I found out that the store is an official distributor of various gear.
Their name is mentioned on other companies' homepages of who distributes their Hifi gear.
I am hopeful I shall get the speakers I paid for after all.
But it's a store with a not very good coordination.
Guy who went to Germany with EU bound parcels didn't leave track and trace numbers in the store before going on vacation. He's back Thursday next week, but by then the speakers will probably have arrived if they were indeed sent.
We'll see.
BigAl87 likes this.

Last edited by hbjdk; 07-20-2016 at 03:32 PM.
hbjdk is offline  
post #30773 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 03:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my impressions, and ask for some advice...

Impressions: went in to listen to Emit M10,... WOW! My Klipsch are no match. The ease of listening and the detail and uncluttered sound is awesome! And still somehow they're more engaging than the Klipsch's. I am very impressed with these speakers.

Advice: The DALI Zensor 1's have recently come to my attention, and I'm curious if anyone has compared these to the Emit/ DM/ Excites speakers and how do they compare. Are they more/less forward sounding than the Dyn's, and how are their soft dome tweeters in comparison? I cannot audition the DALI's, no dealers near me, so relying on advise here. Thanks guys!
Maxca27 is offline  
post #30774 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
hbjdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxca27 View Post
Hey guys,
I cannot audition the DALI's, no dealers near me, so relying on advise here. Thanks guys!
IMO one has to take great care not to rely on neither reviews or people's opinion on Internet forums. Perception of sound differs from one person to the next and so does one's taste. Really, only one thing matters: Your own ears!

Try listen to as many speakers relevant to you as possible and then buy the ones you like the most. Keep in mind that speakers can sound very different with different amps, dacs etc. so bring your own amp etc. if at all possible, or ask for a home demo of interesting speakers.
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.
hbjdk is offline  
post #30775 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Back in Asia for now
Posts: 3,584
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1669 Post(s)
Liked: 868
IMHO, the Emit are really good value. I haven't heard the Klipsch, but I would be happy with the Emits..
BigAl87 likes this.
petetherock is online now  
post #30776 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,238
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxca27 View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my impressions, and ask for some advice...

Impressions: went in to listen to Emit M10,... WOW! My Klipsch are no match. The ease of listening and the detail and uncluttered sound is awesome! And still somehow they're more engaging than the Klipsch's. I am very impressed with these speakers.

Advice: The DALI Zensor 1's have recently come to my attention, and I'm curious if anyone has compared these to the Emit/ DM/ Excites speakers and how do they compare. Are they more/less forward sounding than the Dyn's, and how are their soft dome tweeters in comparison? I cannot audition the DALI's, no dealers near me, so relying on advise here. Thanks guys!

Agreed with hbjdk. All I can say is Danish speaker manufacturer know how to build great speakers, wheter it's Dali, Dynaudio or Raidho/Scasonic, they use different aproaches but all achieve great sound. I have not heard the Zensor but I have heard severalother Dalis and they sound wonderful but I cannot comment on one vs the other as they were not in the same room nor the same gear so A-B comparison was never possible for me with that regard.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
BigAl87 is offline  
post #30777 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Back in Asia for now
Posts: 3,584
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1669 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
IMO one has to take great care not to rely on neither reviews or people's opinion on Internet forums. Perception of sound differs from one person to the next and so does one's taste. Really, only one thing matters: Your own ears!

Try listen to as many speakers relevant to you as possible and then buy the ones you like the most. Keep in mind that speakers can sound very different with different amps, dacs etc. so bring your own amp etc. if at all possible, or ask for a home demo of interesting speakers.
Heh
Actually when I bought the C1Ps, I only auditioned the Confidence MK II, Sigs and the Plats. I knew what I wanted
petetherock is online now  
post #30778 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,176
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1570 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Agreed with hbjdk. All I can say is Danish speaker manufacturer know how to build great speakers, wheter it's Dali, Dynaudio or Raidho/Scasonic, they use different aproaches but all achieve great sound. I have not heard the Zensor but I have heard severalother Dalis and they sound wonderful but I cannot comment on one vs the other as they were not in the same room nor the same gear so A-B comparison was never possible for me with that regard.
I think Callas may of done a direct comparison of Dali's to Dyn...or was it GT,not sure.I do know that Klipsch will drive me out of room pretty quickly.

5.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50,, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50,power lines,Focal Sopra 1,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
no quarter is online now  
post #30779 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,238
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I think Callas may of done a direct comparison of Dali's to Dyn...or was it GT,not sure.I do know that Klipsch will drive me out of room pretty quickly.
I think you are right NQ, Callas more than likely did it, I mean I have heard X32 and Concept 6 in the same day at the same dealer but in a different room and much different gear, the Concept were driven by a 1k Camcridge audio while the X-32 were driver by 3.5K Simaudio 340i at the time, I was not looking at getting the Concept 6 but I wanted to give them a listen since Callas had heard the Concept 8 a few weeks prior to that hand he liked them. I heard the Ikon5 at another dealer, and the Epicon at SSI Montreal show.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
BigAl87 is offline  
post #30780 of 43882 Old 07-20-2016, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,176
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1570 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
I think you are right NQ, Callas more than likely did it, I mean I have heard X32 and Concept 6 in the same day at the same dealer but in a different room and much different gear, the Concept were driven by a 1k Camcridge audio while the X-32 were driver by 3.5K Simaudio 340i at the time, I was not looking at getting the Concept 6 but I wanted to give them a listen since Callas had heard the Concept 8 a few weeks prior to that hand he liked them. I heard the Ikon5 at another dealer, and the Epicon at SSI Montreal show.
Yes BigAl you really can not make a TRUE comparison,unless it is the same room and same electronics.As I have mentioned here many times,when I fed my excite 12's with the N272,250dr,xp5xs I was quite shocked at how awesome they sounded...so the associated gear,and room acoustics and even speaker placement WILL have a huge impact on any demo,but you already know this,comments are more for the guy who demo'd the Emit's,coming from Klipsch.

5.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50,, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50,power lines,Focal Sopra 1,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
no quarter is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off