Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1307 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8840Likes

post #39181 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Any word from Dynaudio when this new Confidence will launch in the US?
Including shipping, it will be very late in the year before it reaches your shore. I don't have the final dates yet.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39182 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Not sure if you are being sarcastic here Callas,but I paid roughly half of what the new Confidence 20s are for my Sopra 1s,and I would bet my life that they are more than half as good.They are completely manufactured in France,and with my new Superlumina cables pretty much broken in,they are absolutely stunning to my almost 53 year old ears.The other day I did a head to head with my XDs,and sorry to say,but the Sopras are miles ahead.This does not mean I dislike the XDs,I just find the Sopras more realistic sounding,like live music at a bar/concert venue.Hopefully The new C1’s have upped their game,but I can’t see changing speakers any time soon...for that price anyway.
Hello no quarter:

What's the advantage of using the Superlumina cables?
post #39183 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2243
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky27 View Post
Hello no quarter:

A lighter wallet....hahahahha

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39184 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
Including shipping, it will be very late in the year before it reaches your shore. I don't have the final dates yet.

So all drivers will continue to be built in Denmark. Just the cabinets will be farmed out and final assembly of the lower end lines in China?

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #39185 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
Yes to both 🙂
The curved cabinets need more complex machinery.
This is a very simplified version, which is fair since we won't share details about our strategic operational decisions... We would not be able to make these cabinets in Denmark, at this scale, anywhere close to this price, and within any reasonable timeframe. It's not like you just buy a CNC machine and cabinets drop out...

I realize that we have removed one of our selling points. I would though like to point out that we are not giving away that selling point to many (if any) of our competitors, as they have made this move long ago. Not all are telling you about it though. In reality it simply puts us on par with competition on this particular feature. We believe we still have an overall stronger product, even without this point.
OctaDyn_Dude and yonson like this.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
post #39186 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Thank you Otto for your honesty, its refreshing. I was wondering how you guys were selling the Emit at its price.

Again, smart move merging the Confidence and Evidence lines together.

And if I may add, smart move selling Dynaudio lower lines (Emit and Excite) through online Crutchfield.com. No wander Dynaudio needs more production capacity.

Last edited by wgerman; 05-16-2018 at 01:44 PM.
post #39187 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Sadface

I wish y'all could have found a way to keep at least the confidence line cabinetry made in Denmark. I think y'all might have underestimated the selling utility of that fact. I'm sure your marketing research is more reliable than my old fashioned sentiment, however.
post #39188 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky27 View Post
Hello no quarter:

Bottom line is they sound way better than the stock ones,but I am not about to open up that can of worms again.Use your own ears,if you can’t hear a difference,don’t buy them...I could,so I did.
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #39189 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
So all drivers will continue to be built in Denmark. Just the cabinets will be farmed out and final assembly of the lower end lines in China?
I am not at liberty to discuss the future, so I really can't officially confirm or deny regarding "will be". But, I can say that we have no plans to shift production of our higher-end drivers and final assembly out of Denmark. For the lower end products, we have already moved to complete production in China for some products, for example for the CI and Music ranges. But, we don't consider this "outsourced" from a company point of view, as they are still manufactured by Goertek/Dynaudio, just not in Denmark.

I think this is as far as I can go with operational information, without giving away non-public information. Please bare with me if I don't answer all follow-up questions that might arise.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
post #39190 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1892 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Final specifications will be published later in the year, but note that the Confidence 30 is significantly smaller in height than a C2.
Thanks for the info! Hearing is believing, so I guess I will just have too hear a pair for myself. There were a few minor refinements to the Confidence line over the years, it was a great line, that it seems like you guys are improving on, regardless not in any hurry to rush out and buy another set just yet, I barely got any miles on these.... and right now they are all wrapped up.. Room will have to come first! lol So your saying not as tall, but one would seem to be wider and more curved design. Looks like the front baffle went wider as well.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
post #39191 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
If by chance you do keep the Rogue's get rid of the KT120's. I hated the KT120's in my Octave V110 with C1's. Original TS 6550 solid black plates was the best with the solid grey plates were a pretty close second but very expensive. For the money Ei KT90's were very good. Same with the good SED KT88's. Never tried the KT150's but I've read they are real good too for the money. I think you'll find 20-30W in power won't really matter. Also if you do keep them slightly underbias the tubes - they will last a lot longer even if you push them fairly hard. The beauty of tubes is if you want to change up the sound - swap tubes. Even the little tubes makes a difference and a lot less expensive than changing amps.

That said the downside of tubes is when pushed real real hard you'll notice as the loudness increases the bass stays constant. Also they put out a LOT of heat. Great in the winter months.

send me a pm if you have any questions about different tube sound quality.
Thank you! I think the amp i have now has class A , at least first watts. The sound is strong just from beginning of volume also It get's very warm. It should be turned on to warm up for optimal, if it is in standby, it's still very warm.
post #39192 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
So your saying not as tall, but one would seem to be wider and more curved design. Looks like the front baffle went wider as well.
I think you are over-estimating the sizes. Confidence 30 is about 15 cm lower than C2 (about 135 cm), and the baffle is narrower. I believe the cabinet is wider at it's wides spot, but the curved design makes it look sleeker overall. Confidence 50 is same width but taller, and compared to a C4 is much sleeker. Confidence 60 is the widest due to the 24 cm woofers, but only a couple of cm more than a C4.
yonson likes this.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
post #39193 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrugated View Post
Hi guys,

This is a question more for the other Focus XD owners out there. I'm looking to upgrade my media streamer that currently feeds my 600 XD's. I'm currently using a Sony UHP-H1 and / or the Samsung media box that operates my QLED TV. These do work fine, but the Sony definitely has better audio quality when streaming / playing my music files, but I'm sure my system can do with even better. I use FLAC files all the way up to 24/192, through the digital connections on the Dynaudio Connect box. My question is, what streamers are you guys using? I'm considering the following through some local sources: Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BDP-2 (used and much cheaper), Naim NDX, Marantz NA-11S1 and finally a Cambridge Azur 851N. What are your thoughts / recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
I do not have a connect box,so can’t really comment on the sound quality through it.I have always hard wired my XD 600s,since day one using Nordost Heimdall 11 Cables.What I can offer you for advice is,better streamers do matter...when I first got my XDs,I used the digital out from a Naim Unitiqute 2.Later I upgraded to my current streamer,Naim N272,and the difference was very obvious from the minute I hit play.I am biased towards Naim,love their gear,but I would recommend the NDX for sure,it Basically is the same as my N272,without the preamp.NDX 2 would be real sweet too.
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/fir...555-streamers/
Corrugated likes this.

2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.

Last edited by no quarter; 05-16-2018 at 03:08 PM.
post #39194 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Guys,
As someone that works for the company and received word of this Monday morning, I must say that initially I was a little worried however after a conversation with Wilfried on Monday I now see why this has taken place and where the company is headed. First thing you must know and quite possibly the most important thing is that Dynaudio products will never move from Denmark. The CEO of GoerTek announced this personally and has said this was one of the most attractive aspects of Dynaudio, how a rather small company could have such advanced manufacturing in house. He is committed to the Dynaudio Legacy both personally and financially. Wilfried stated that this was a company(GoerTek) that shares his vision of Dynaudio for the future and will help us move up the timeframe and future projects and remain committed to quality and performance that we are known for. Wilfried retains 15% ownership and remains in the "man", all of our other management and production will remain the same so if you were to ask me I would say it is all positive. I am open to questions or concerns.

Mick Tillman
Dynaudio North America
Not to be combative, but just playing around on google and found this statement (from 2014), which I find pertinent. We have all seen companies like Polk audio, marantz, altec, possibly klipsch, and many many more go from "quality focused" to "quantity focused". I hope this is not the beginning of the end.
Garman and Zantafio like this.
post #39195 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
Not to be combative, .............. go from "quality focused" to "quantity focused". I hope this is not the beginning of the end.
You are not combative at all, you are perfectly right... it's the pure truth.... once made in china simply its made in china regardless by whom .... if they say otherwise... again simply they lie to themselves ...
Unfortunately it is the beginning of the end.

Last edited by nadyn; 05-16-2018 at 03:32 PM.
post #39196 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadyn View Post
You are not combative at all, you are perfectly right... it's the pure truth.... once made in china simply its made in china regardless by whom .... if they say otherwise... again simply they lie to themselves ...
Unfortunately it is the beginning of the end.
I wouldn't bet on it. Chinese made doesn't mean all is bad if made to specific standards. Apple sure makes a lot of money with their Chinese made products. Quality is pretty damn good too. My cabinets are made in China and the walnut burl is a work of art. And they are Danish. They even have 3mm of clearcoat.
no quarter likes this.
post #39197 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

What do you hear? Yanny or Laurel?
https://twitter.com/CloeCouture/stat...18489831473152
Try it with a couple/three people in the room
post #39198 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Bottom line is they sound way better than the stock ones,but I am not about to open up that can of worms again.Use your own ears,if you can’t hear a difference,don’t buy them...I could,so I did.
I see. Ok thank you.
post #39199 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Saw this on the Naim forum...Laurel every time.

post #39200 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

As far as the cabinets go...I guess it is kind of racial profiling,if you group the entire country together,and ASSume that out of the billions of people there,nobody is capable of making quality cabinets.
Otto has been up front about it,so there is NO deception there.
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.

post #39201 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Saw this on the Naim forum...Laurel every time.
My son only hears Laurel and I hear Yanny. I have a theory but would like to hear more responses first.

Guess it only proves everyone's hearing is different and unique.
post #39202 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:
I wouldn't bet on it. Chinese made doesn't mean all is bad if made to specific standards. Apple sure makes a lot of money with their Chinese made products. Quality is pretty damn good too. My cabinets are made in China and the walnut burl is a work of art. And they are Danish. They even have 3mm of clearcoat.
Exactly. Those guys are making islands so surely they can make some cabinets.
post #39203 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My son only hears Laurel and I hear Yanny. I have a theory but would like to hear more responses first.

Guess it only proves everyone's hearing is different and unique.
George
I am at work right now,and there are four of us here,we just had our lunch break so I played it...two guys hear yanney and two hear Laurel...WTF!

post #39204 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
I think you are over-estimating the sizes. Confidence 30 is about 15 cm lower than C2 (about 135 cm), and the baffle is narrower. I believe the cabinet is wider at it's wides spot, but the curved design makes it look sleeker overall. Confidence 50 is same width but taller, and compared to a C4 is much sleeker. Confidence 60 is the widest due to the 24 cm woofers, but only a couple of cm more than a C4.
What's the height difference in the Confidence 60 and the C4?
post #39205 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

WTF...how do you even hear Yanny in that? Laurel all day...

post #39206 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Lauel on every device I have...
post #39207 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looking over the highlights from the Munich show on Audioshark,this caught my eye...somebody who was there,and actually HEARD the Dynaudio New Evidence,or Confidence 60.Here is a quote from him...

Re: Munich High End 2018
Highlights for me.....

Audionet Stern / Heisenberg into Dynaudio Evidence - control, precision, lifelike, but still with great musicality and timbre. Spinetingling on both occasions we visited.
Ok,so now I am confused,found this video,and it appears that the original evidence were at the show,right at the end.If you scroll to around 5 minutes in,you will see the new Dyns.

Last edited by no quarter; 05-16-2018 at 09:50 PM.
post #39208 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 09:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Sorry I have not had the time to reply, I haven't yet read all posts since my last answer, but I see some discussions on manufacturing origin, that I would like to adress. Quick answer, yes we have outsourced cabinet manufacturing. Long answer:

Our goal is to deliver the best possible product to our customers. For a long time, delivering the best quality meant making it in Denmark. As little as we would like to admit it, this is no longer the case for every part of the loudspeaker. To achieve the best quality, especially at the scale that we need to be able to meet demand (which is actually our main struggle right now), we have to continually monitor our options for manufacturing. We have been and still are proud of the manufacturing that we are doing in Skanderborg, Denmark - but, we don't want to make things in Denmark simply for the sake of doing it, we want to do it because it adds value. And when it comes to cabinets, we have to realize that for now, there are options on the market that allows us to deliver even better quality in certain (not all) areas. If we were not able to face this reality, we would not be doing our job properly. It does mean that we will put less of an emphasis on "Made in Denmark" in our marketing in the future - we believe in openness and honesty, and we don't want to give a false impression. In line with this, let me point out that final assembly of our CI products, as well as Xeo 2 and it's successor Xeo 10 and the Emit line, either has or will soon be moved to Goertek's manufacturing facilities in China. As we need to increase capacity, it would simply be crazy not to leverage the manufacturing expertise that resides in the Goertek group that we are now part of.

Please note that this is not a result of scaling down the amount of manufacturing done in Denmark - it is rearranged a bit, but we are making more speakers than ever in Denmark - the outsourced manufacturing is added to the significant investments that has been done in our Skanderborg facility, not replacing it. The motivation driver here is not to close down Skanderborg, it is to deliver a better Dynaudio experience, to more people. To increase quality, not decrease it. And by the way, these decisions were made by the management team in Skanderborg, not in China. This includes the responsible Product Manager - me.

As I have mentioned before, the criticism that resides on this and other internet forums, is in quite stark contrast to the reactions on the show floor, where we have received high praise for the perceived quality and finish of the new Confidence. A level of quality and finish that we would not have realized, if we were not able to make these kinds of tough decisions.

I am not going into any heated debates regarding people's opinions and feelings about this change in strategy - the above are the facts.
Great answer! Intelligent, emotion free and factual while incredibly diplomatic
post #39209 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Both Evidence, Consequence and Contour 20 were being kindly used by other exhibitors (Audionet, Bittner and WBT respectively), to demonstrate their products. New Confidence were not available to them, as the only playing pair in existence (except R&D prototypes) was the pair on display in our booth.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
post #39210 of 44564 Old 05-16-2018, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
Not to be combative, but just playing around on google and found this statement (from 2014), which I find pertinent.
None of the people quoted are known to me as untrustworthy, quite the contrary. This was their belief at the time, so of course this is what was stated. Since then, we have made some realizations: To move forward, you can't simply just keep doing what you're doing because it worked in the past. Wilfried is still involved in strategic decisions, by the way.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page