Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1362 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8840Likes

post #40831 of 44565 Old 08-29-2018, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Yes,unfortunately,trying to hold off as long as I can though.Another angle I am looking at is all the used NDS’s that will be going for peanuts since the release of the new streamers.I also feed my Dyn XD 600s from my 272’s digital out,and I bet the NDS would be a huge improvement there.I keep putting off trying my Cary Audio Cinema 12 as a pre,Fed the digital input from the 272.Might give it a try this (long) weekend...the Cary is a world class pre,and might just better the 272.If it is better,I might be able to swap the 272/250 for an NDS,if my dealer can find a used one.That would give me ...Core>NDS/XPSDR>Cary Cinema 12>Anthem MCA 50>Sopra 1’s,as one system.The other would be Core>NDS/XPSDR>XD 600s.Just tossing some ideas around,like you,trying to get OFF the upgrade train.
Then...if I wanted to better the Anthem amp,I would take a hard look at Shiit Vidar monoblocks,there is a member here (Yonson) using these amps to drive his C4’s,and loves them.
I've got one on the Evidence center too...
no quarter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40832 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 04:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 424
It's rare to see Dynaudio corporate advertising a sale on a specific speaker. In this case it is 30% off the X18 at "select dealers" bringing the USD price down to about $1250/pair. Must mean it is not a huge seller and/or maybe the Excite series is getting another re-vamp?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnGWjW-g...en-by=dynaudio

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Schiit Modi2 Multibit (Black) | NAIM SuperNait 2
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA>DIN | Tellurium Q Black 3M

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70w)

Last edited by GTaudiophile; 08-30-2018 at 04:47 AM.
post #40833 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Yes,unfortunately,trying to hold off as long as I can though.Another angle I am looking at is all the used NDS’s that will be going for peanuts since the release of the new streamers.I also feed my Dyn XD 600s from my 272’s digital out,and I bet the NDS would be a huge improvement there.I keep putting off trying my Cary Audio Cinema 12 as a pre,Fed the digital input from the 272.Might give it a try this (long) weekend...the Cary is a world class pre,and might just better the 272.If it is better,I might be able to swap the 272/250 for an NDS,if my dealer can find a used one.That would give me ...Core>NDS/XPSDR>Cary Cinema 12>Anthem MCA 50>Sopra 1’s,as one system.The other would be Core>NDS/XPSDR>XD 600s.Just tossing some ideas around,like you,trying to get OFF the upgrade train.
Then...if I wanted to better the Anthem amp,I would take a hard look at Shiit Vidar monoblocks,there is a member here (Yonson) using these amps to drive his C4’s,and loves them.
Yes there is definetly more to life than Naim. For fun I'm building a budget system starting with a modded Lenco L75 in a new plinth(which I already own) which will go into a Valve phono stage into a Valve pre (with tone controls) into as big a budget powerful amp as I can find into maybe some Celestion Dittons or even some vintage Dynaudios.

This is to try and recreate something of the sound I remember growing up something less fidelity and a bit more warm and coloured to try and cover up some of the terrible reggae source material I own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40834 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natara View Post
Yes there is definetly more to life than Naim. For fun I'm building a budget system starting with a modded Lenco L75 in a new plinth(which I already own) which will go into a Valve phono stage into a Valve pre (with tone controls) into as big a budget powerful amp as I can find into maybe some Celestion Dittons or even some vintage Dynaudios.

This is to try and recreate something of the sound I remember growing up something less fidelity and a bit more warm and coloured to try and cover up some of the terrible reggae source material I own.
Maybe it is just being on the “Naim Forum” that always makes you think there is something better out there,than you already have.I also think of my teenage years,and how it was just about the music,and not always fiddling with expensive gear.A friends system comes to mind,he had a turntable (can’t remember the brand) with a Yamaha receiver/amp,I think it was 150 Watts/channel,which was a LOT back then.The speakers were pioneer HPM 150s...and I just can’t forget how awesome it sounded,or at least I thought it did.

http://www.vintage-speaker-review.co...er-review.html

Life was much simpler back then.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #40835 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sort of a rough review for the special 40s. https://www.stereophile.com/content/...ty-loudspeaker
G-Rex likes this.
post #40836 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2244
Atkinson prefers brighter speakers like the B&W Diamonds, probably because his ears are rolled off due to age...haha.
Garman likes this.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #40837 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Contour 20 is on the Stereophile Class A (Restricted Extreme LF) list.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/...n-loudspeakers
Matro5 likes this.

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
post #40838 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 717
The audible cabinet and port resonances of the S40 can be clearly seen in the NRC anechoic measurements as well. Not sure how the Dynaudio design team let those easily fixed flaws slip though.

It's especially strange since the cheaper Excites and Emits perform much better in this area. In fact, the Excite cabinets are some of the most inert cabinets I've ever seen measured by Stereophile. The Emits show none of this faulty behavior either. Very curious.

Speakers: M040 | X18 | UB5
Sub: VTF-2 mk5
Amps: HK 3490 | TSR-7810
post #40839 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJORAE View Post
Sort of a rough review for the special 40s. https://www.stereophile.com/content/...ty-loudspeaker
I personally love the S40's. They remind me so much of a slightly miniature version of the C1 Sig's I had for years. I'm really hoping the new Confidence are versions of the S40's on steroids. If so I think they will have another winner on their hands. But that is my personal opinion. To me as far as the S25/Sapphire/Consequence UE they are more punchy but in your face with the mids and the highs are too much with 'Hot' and normal (in the highs) recordings. That said the highs can sound superb with laid back recordings.
Garman likes this.
post #40840 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0nestar8 View Post
The audible cabinet and port resonances of the S40 can be clearly seen in the NRC anechoic measurements as well. Not sure how the Dynaudio design team let those easily fixed flaws slip though.

It's especially strange since the cheaper Excites and Emits perform much better in this area. In fact, the Excite cabinets are some of the most inert cabinets I've ever seen measured by Stereophile. The Emits show none of this faulty behavior either. Very curious.
It's a speaker that retails for 3K. I believe the money that was spent on R&D went to the drivers and not the cabinets. You can look at all the measurements in the world but nothing compares how they sound in your room to your ears. I'll bet more folks would want the S40's due to its SQ. Lets hear the new Confidence when they come out.
post #40841 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
It's a speaker that retails for 3K. I believe the money that was spent on R&D went to the drivers and not the cabinets. You can look at all the measurements in the world but nothing compares how they sound in your room to your ears. I'll bet more folks would want the S40's due to its SQ. Lets hear the new Confidence when they come out.
I agree except the cabinet and port resonances apparently DO affect the SQ in this case. And for $3k, why mar excellent drivers with substandard cabs and a botched port tuning? Most $200 speakers don't have those kind of issues so there really isn't a good excuse for this in my book. I've demoed the Contours and own the Excites so I know Dynaudio is capable of better. That's why this glitch with the S40's is so curious to me.

However, you are correct that if they sound good to you that's all that ultimately matters in the end. It's just weird knowing Dynaudio's technical excellence and emphasis on measurements in their own anechoic chamber that this wasn't remedied somehow when it's clearly possible for them to do so at minimal expense.
CruelInventions likes this.
post #40842 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Guys...I'm afraid, this won't happen. As I think I've said...and some here can attest to...it's been a helluva run!

But...I have decided, reluctantly; to burn my audiophile membership card (or at least suspend it, indefinitely)

It all started here...about 10+ years ago; and the Dyn thread...been bery, bery good to me. But I have other areas of my life, that need more focus now; and being an audiophile, is a luxury...I can no longer afford (more figuratively, than literally).

I'm selling all, but the most "basic" of kit (and yes...for now; M10s will be my transducer of record, lol); and after a few wrap-up posts, will stop posting on any and all forums.

It's been a pleasure!

For those, who might like to stay in touch...or, inquire about outgoing gear...lol; drop me a PM
Stay in touch with the thread. It may be a Dyn thread but Dyn's don't have much of a sound without amps - cables and sources.
post #40843 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I agree except the cabinet and port resonances apparently DO affect the SQ in this case. And for $3k, why mar excellent drivers with substandard cabs and a botched port tuning? Most $200 speakers don't have those kind of issues so there really isn't a good excuse for this in my book. I've demoed the Contours and own the Excites so I know Dynaudio is capable of better. That's why this issue with the S40's is so curious to me.

However, you are correct that if they sound good to you that's all that ultimately matters in the end. It's just weird knowing Dynaudio's technical excellence and emphasis on measurements in their own anechoic chamber that this wasn't remedied somehow when it's clearly possible for them to do so at minimal expense.
My gut feeling is Dyn came out with the S40 as it was just to test the waters of the new drivers and if they had good reviews let's improve the drivers and the cabinets. Hopefully that will be the new Confidence. Again just a gut feeling
l0nestar8 likes this.
post #40844 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJORAE View Post
I wonder if he had used Dynaudio stands the issue wouldn't have been as noticeable...
Garman and OctaDyn_Dude like this.
post #40845 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Posts being deleted for some reason?

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #40846 of 44565 Old 08-30-2018, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

My first Dynaudio speakers were the Excite X32 and for the money I paid £550 for a used pair they were really, really good The guy I bought my Contour s3.4's from wanted them in part ex or I would have kept them for a second system. I believe the 34's and the 38's were also very, very good I know they shine on the end of lots of different brands but Naim Audio and Dynaudio are a really great match.
post #40847 of 44565 Old 08-31-2018, 01:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:

I would say it's too big and too obvious flaw to be unintentional. Dynaudio knows very well how to make cabinets.
Even like this, they are probably giving too much for 3k.

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
post #40848 of 44565 Old 08-31-2018, 03:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:
Looks like it. Mods here are a different breed for sure.
no quarter and yonson like this.
post #40849 of 44565 Old 08-31-2018, 05:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked: 2235
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Looks like it. Mods here are a different breed for sure.
Post(s) are deleted when they break the rules the owner's have established for the site. In this case, the member was selling outside the classifieds. AVS provides FREE classifieds (they previously charged for them), so we can keep the tech forum free of for sale, want ads, promoting auctions etc etc...because we don't want the tech forum to turn into craigslist. The member received a notice of the violation and those posts that quoted the offer for sale were also deleted.

Please remember the mods are volunteers. If we spend an hour or two each day answering PM's, responding to report posts etc etc...those are hours out of our free time with our families, doing errands or simply watching movies.

If you have additional questions about moderation or the forum's rules, please contact Mike Lang, the AVS Admin.
CruelInventions and fullshred like this.

Last edited by rboster; 08-31-2018 at 07:46 AM.
post #40850 of 44565 Old 08-31-2018, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1892 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Dynaudio and Atmos? Anyone using them in this configuration at all? I am more of a two channel audio like the rest of you and I will have a separate system that does those duties, my Receiver I just found out will do 5.1.2 and I will have dual subs, not sure if I need to go 5.1.4 or higher seems a bit overkill for not many movies too chose from... So I have the option of going 7.1 or 5.1.2 and from what I have read it's best to go with the 5.1.2.. Got the Speakers now need to wire and figure out configuration, the good thing is if I have an extra set of speakers I might just run them in the bar area for a second zone.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
post #40851 of 44565 Old 08-31-2018, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Dynaudio and Atmos? Anyone using them in this configuration at all? I am more of a two channel audio like the rest of you and I will have a separate system that does those duties, my Receiver I just found out will do 5.1.2 and I will have dual subs, not sure if I need to go 5.1.4 or higher seems a bit overkill for not many movies too chose from... So I have the option of going 7.1 or 5.1.2 and from what I have read it's best to go with the 5.1.2.. Got the Speakers now need to wire and figure out configuration, the good thing is if I have an extra set of speakers I might just run them in the bar area for a second zone.
I have a dedicated HT that I use 50/50 for music and movies. It’s a 7.1.2 configuration with C2 Signatures for mains, C1 mkII for center and surrounds, Contour S1.4s for rear surrounds, and Contour SRs for Atmos. I have another pair of SRs to go to 7.1.4 but it’ll take a bit of work to get them installed and I’m lazy. The center is behind an acoustically transparent screen with the mains just on the outside of it. I was leery about Atmos at first but after hearing some demos I decided to go for it and I’m glad I did. One thing to note is that side (and rear) surrounds should be at ear height for Atmos as opposed to higher-up on the wall for 5.1 / 7.1.
post #40852 of 44565 Old 08-31-2018, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
To me the fun is in the music. Il listening to more types of music now than ever. I get how the obsessing on the gear and sticker shock of some gear can take away the fun but if the focus stays on the music then it's a great hobby. It's about the music not about the gear. Hell im guilty of that myself but I also enjoy that part of it. Maybe a break from the nonsense is what you need CD. Getting back to the basics and putting the music first will get you back where you need to be then you can take steps later to improve your experience home. This time you'll have the knowledge and experience to not get caught up in the what if game of upgrading.
Maybe.
jnelson2000 likes this.

All The Music In The World > NAD C388
post #40853 of 44565 Old 08-31-2018, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
The thing that bugs me is that I got threatened with a ban for posting a link to craigslist, audiogon, or whatever, and I see other people doing it all the time without any issue. The selective/partial enforcement is annoying. And yeah, I get that the mods are part time, but still, just letting things fly sometimes and not others really creates an atmosphere that reeks of favoritism, intentional or not.
Wow I almost put up a link to S25's on the Gon today. I didn't know that was against the rules. One thing that struck me a little funny was the listing mentioned they were cherry colored. I didn't think the S25's even came in cherry and there were no pictures either. Anyhow the ad is already gone.
post #40854 of 44565 Old 08-31-2018, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Hi Garman, my main system is 5.1.4, which I use in 2.0 mode for music and 5.1.4 for films. The sub is JLA but the rest are Dyns (the C4-S80 architectural series for in-ceiling). I'd recommend going with an Atmos height channel over side or back surrounds. Agree, there isn't a huge amount of material, but it's increasing all the time. Currently on my backlog are Blade Runner 2049, Fury, Ready Player One, The Matrix, Thor Ragnarok and a few others. The last season of Sherlock was in Atmos, and quite a few Netflix originals have it. Gravity in Atmos is amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvinfig View Post
I have a dedicated HT that I use 50/50 for music and movies. It’s a 7.1.2 configuration with C2 Signatures for mains, C1 mkII for center and surrounds, Contour S1.4s for rear surrounds, and Contour SRs for Atmos. I have another pair of SRs to go to 7.1.4 but it’ll take a bit of work to get them installed and I’m lazy. The center is behind an acoustically transparent screen with the mains just on the outside of it. I was leery about Atmos at first but after hearing some demos I decided to go for it and I’m glad I did. One thing to note is that side (and rear) surrounds should be at ear height for Atmos as opposed to higher-up on the wall for 5.1 / 7.1.
Impressive system cvinfig! How are your Atmos speakers mounted? I never thought of using Contour SR's for height channels...probably would have worked better for my setup, pipes in the ceiling meant I couldn't put my in-ceiling speakers exactly where I wanted them

Main Room: Dynaudio Confidence C1 Platinum + Stand6; Confidence Centre Platinum + Centre Base 2; Contour S1.4 + Stand4; Dynaudio S4-C80 x 4 (ceiling); 10 gauge speaker cable; JL Audio Fathom F112; Pioneer LX-88 AVR; Epson Home Cinema 8350.
Second Room: Dynaudio Xeo 2 + Xeo desk stands
Civic Type R: Dynaudio MD102; Dynaudio MW152
post #40855 of 44565 Old 09-01-2018, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 45
It's here!

Earlier this year I upgraded my fronts (a bit unexpectedly) from Contour S1.4 to Confidence C1 Platinum. I was so taken with these speakers that I decided to replace my Contour S-CX centre with a Confidence. There was literally zero stock in Australia, and I was told they'd have to get one made in Skanderborg. I figure once the Confidence 20/30/50/60 come out, the old line will be deleted except for spares, so I decided to get in while I still could! I was offered an Evidence Center at a huge discount but decided against it. Pulled the trigger on June 18, and my new baby arrived yesterday (August 31). Nearly 11 weeks! But well worth it Break in has commenced. I'm using this break-in playlist from Cambridge Audio:

https://open.spotify.com/go?uri=spot...SLyH9cw9WSXw91

Some really well engineered tracks on there along with perennial favourites like this bass monster. Really looking forward to watching some Atmos titles later in the week!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	confidence_center_platinum.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	2449524  

Main Room: Dynaudio Confidence C1 Platinum + Stand6; Confidence Centre Platinum + Centre Base 2; Contour S1.4 + Stand4; Dynaudio S4-C80 x 4 (ceiling); 10 gauge speaker cable; JL Audio Fathom F112; Pioneer LX-88 AVR; Epson Home Cinema 8350.
Second Room: Dynaudio Xeo 2 + Xeo desk stands
Civic Type R: Dynaudio MD102; Dynaudio MW152
post #40856 of 44565 Old 09-01-2018, 06:39 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Mentioned: 350 Post(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
We're still getting complaints that certain members are disrupting & derailing this thread with off topic remarks.

Moving forward it will be easier to remove those members from the thread vs. individual posts.

As always, please remain on topic discussing these speakers and take all other discussion elsewhere.

Thank You

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
post #40857 of 44565 Old 09-01-2018, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks to my Pre/Pro I can use my system for both 2 channel (90% of the time) as well at HT which is a 7.2 setup. Originally I had thought I wanted to add height channels but the more I watch movies with the 7.2 setup the more I'm happy with what I currently have... Once I decide to build a new house I'll definitely have a dedicated theater room which will most likely be an 11.4.6 setup using the custom install Dyns.
Garman likes this.
post #40858 of 44565 Old 09-01-2018, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Wow I almost put up a link to S25's on the Gon today. I didn't know that was against the rules. One thing that struck me a little funny was the listing mentioned they were cherry colored. I didn't think the S25's even came in cherry and there were no pictures either. Anyhow the ad is already gone.
George,
Let me give you a little background on the Special 25s.
They were the 25th anniversary edition. Originally, they just built 2,000 pairs. All in the Maser Birch finish. (I think Rob and I are the only people on this thread that have the absolute originals).

Now, what happened is that Dyn was going to discontinue them after the initial anniversary introduction. There was such an outcry that they continued building them for another 3-4 more years and they offered more woods and finishes. They ended up building another 6,000 pairs. So, there is a total of over 8,000 pairs of Special 25s out there.

How often do you ever see them come up for sale? Not often; people have a tendency to hang on to their S25s. That alone should tell you what a successful speaker it was.

You bring up constantly that you think the S25s and the Sapphires lean towards being brighter or more forward.
Maybe to your ears. To me, the Raidhos are too laid back.

The thing is, we all hear differently.

You know I was a custom home builder for 40+ years. Because of all those years surrounded with all different types of loud machinery; of course I've got some hearing damage.
You know when we're younger we are invincible. I didn't wear any hearing protection...stupid, stupid on my part. But you know, luckily my hearing is still pretty good. There are certain frequencies that need a bit of boost and that's why I lean towards speakers like the S25s or the Sapphires.

(I still have a problem with my wife's voice..sometimes I just can't hear or understand her...LOL) (I think 38 years of marriage does that).

Now, I've always used solid state amps. And of course, I lean towards Belles. The thing I love about Belles is the neutrality and the dynamics; Belles amps have No coloration. I've always used tubed preamps. The beauty of a tubed preamp is I can adjust the brightness or laid-backness of a speaker by just rolling tubes. Tubes have a much greater impact than any cable. Also, tube rolling is a lot more fun than trying a bunch of different cables.

I don't talk much about the different speakers I've had, but I've actually had a bunch over the years. C1s, C2s , etc., etc.
Garman, OctaDyn_Dude and yonson like this.
post #40859 of 44565 Old 09-01-2018, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Aaron for once I totally agree with you.
post #40860 of 44565 Old 09-01-2018, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2244
This is just gorgeous. https://www.technics.com/us/products...-sl-1000R.html

I had a pair of 1200s and a Pioneer mixer back in the day, lol...good times...

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page