Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1383 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10231Likes

post #41461 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I think that Make Em' Dance expressed a legit concern about the new business strategy at Dynaudio. And I also like that Otto answered that post. I can't speak for the whole world but among Russian audiophiles Dynaudio, just like some other highly reputable audiophile brands, has always been highly regarded for many things, not the least for not making cheap speakers. Such a thing destines a manufacturer to limited sales, because the demand for higher end equipment is fairly finite. I personally have never associated the Chinese with limited sales targeted at small communities. They are all about large sales. They can't increase the demand for higher-end stuff, nobody can. But they can (and I think they will) expand into the lower end audio market, with new, cheaper products, bearing Dynaudio logo. Will that take away from the attention to the higher-end products? Who knows... But the concern like I said is legit and no matter what Otto says, people will have their doubts.
Garman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41462 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2409 Post(s)
Liked: 2746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
I care, many people do, and people should care, just keep on feeding communism. lol I have been in China twice, and the good old government keeps people at poverty levels to keep wages low, then they just charge us more for a product that cost less to produce. It sure didn't take long after the company was bought, and saying it would still make things in-house too, now we are out-sourcing. Plus I don't think you should produce a product and make people wait this long to buy it.... I liked when Dynaudio made statements, built by hand by Master Danish Craftsman and when they even made their own environmentally safe glue, true artwork at hand.. Not sure if outsourcing is always a good thing, I guess that depends on who you talk too..

http://fortune.com/2017/01/10/china-...llution-pm2-5/ Frankly if I was going back to school, I would learn Chinese and graduate in Environmental Science.

https://www.whathifi.com/promoted/ma...esnt-outsource

RaceTripper: Just curious on your C2 how much higher do they sit off the floor with the new feet you have. With no feet and no spikes my C2 are right at my listening (ear) level, hence I am tempted to get the Herbie Gliders as they don't raise the speaker as much, but I like definitely love the looks of yours!
I was referring to Frenchie above...lol
post #41463 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 2116 Post(s)
Liked: 1035
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Who is Frenchie? LOL My major gripe is China is dumping Billions into the South China Sea in Military cost, and this will create huge issues down the road, my brother-in-law works for the defense department and he is super concerned that companies aren't even batting an eye and jumping all in because of low cost workers and us funding a communistic governments military, gets kind of scary when you think about it, but then again most Americans etc.. don't even know.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...bb52776ccad766

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 11-05-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41464 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
RaceTripper: Just curious on your C2 how much higher do they sit off the floor with the new feet you have. With no feet and no spikes my C2 are right at my listening (ear) level, hence I am tempted to get the Herbie Gliders as they don't raise the speaker as much, but I like definitely love the looks of yours!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
I will measure them later today and let you know.
@Garman
The Gaia II raises the bottom of the C2 base 1.75" off the ground. My listening position puts me ear level just about even with the lower tweeter.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
post #41465 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Pavlov View Post
I think that Make Em' Dance expressed a legit concern about the new business strategy at Dynaudio. And I also like that Otto answered that post. I can't speak for the whole world but among Russian audiophiles Dynaudio, just like some other highly reputable audiophile brands, has always been highly regarded for many things, not the least for not making cheap speakers. Such a thing destines a manufacturer to limited sales, because the demand for higher end equipment is fairly finite. I personally have never associated the Chinese with limited sales targeted at small communities. They are all about large sales. They can't increase the demand for higher-end stuff, nobody can. But they can (and I think they will) expand into the lower end audio market, with new, cheaper products, bearing Dynaudio logo. Will that take away from the attention to the higher-end products? Who knows... But the concern like I said is legit and no matter what Otto says, people will have their doubts.
I think your spot on, with your post, it has already begun with the Music systems, they are now using Dynaudio Drivers, my unit say made in China, and if you look at your WiFi it comes up GoerTek.. I understand moving certain items over to China to be mass produced at a lower cost, but doing it to high end speakers to me, just defeats the purpose of buying some thing that is special and takes away from the art of producing some thing special, like these speakers have been. Hell Magnepan is made in the US, and I love their sound as well, I am sure some of their parts come from China, but Made in White Bear Lake, MN just has a nice ring to it. The new owner said this several times, he planned on keeping production in Denmark and it was stated over and over, but when you have 37,000 new employees in China its pretty easy to scrap, plus with environmental laws much more relaxed in China verses Denmark, it's much easier getting away from using environmentally safe products and disposing of them, hopefully since pollution is such an issue in China, that they will at least follow the strict engineering standards and use similar materials, but that sounds like it might not be the case, who knows.

https://dcbf.dk/news/298-dynaudio-ju...ese-colleagues "Interesting where it says "Geared for the Future" last couple of paragraphs..... Ironic thing is, China is dumping Trillions into the South China Sea Military base, and we are all funding it... See above Link.

My guess, is most of the speakers coming out of Dynaudio for the next few years will be mostly hybrids cabinets made in China and Drivers still made in Denmark, I get the whole global BS, but in the long run it usually has far reaching repercussions that know one accounts for, till it's too late. So will the Speakers still say Made in Denmark or assembled in China? lol jk Only Otto knows that answer.

RaceTripper: Thank you!
MUDCAT45 likes this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.

Last edited by Garman; 11-05-2018 at 02:47 PM.
post #41466 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1942 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
If you are talking about me,because of my French speakers,fair enough,I will not talk about them after this.Just so you know,I was born in England,lived there until I was nine.I am a Dynaudio owner and lover,but let’s not kid ourselves,there are other brands out there.The main reason I switched from special 40’s to the French brand,is that they work much better at low volume.I live in an apartment building,so can not crank them up to come alive,like most Dyn speakers really need.That Fact would be a major concern of mine,if I were to buy a pair of Confidence 20’s...how are they at lower volume.
Garman and yonson like this.

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito, 65 inch LG C9
post #41467 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

no quarter: doh! Long week, just lost my dad, a few days ago, I wasn't putting the pieces of the puzzle together.. If your in an apartment and low volume is what you're looking for I can see why your using them. I love the initial concept of the company like Dynaudio had, heck I can't tell you how many pairs I sold just giving the customer the story behind the history of the company on how they even perfected their own environmentally safe glue they used, and how their master woodworkers were like Artist, and that Dynaudio not only looked like works of art, but they sounded like them as well. I get the whole China concept, I guess you just have to except it and move on, but I don't have to like it. I bought one of Dyns Music 3 systems, knowing it was made in China, with Dyn drivers, it still sounds superb but, like I stated not a fan of more and more companies doing this, in the name of Globalization, which leads to destabilization eventually because other countries can't compete against cheap slave labor.. Still interested in the Confidence 20's, but it will most likely be the last Dyns I buy.. I have zero issues with people talking about other brands on here, in fact anyone ever hear of this other Danish Company?

https://www.audiovector.com/media/wy...ovector_V4.pdf

post #41468 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sorry to hear about your dad Garman,my condolences.
Garman likes this.

post #41469 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
+1, sorry for your loss Garmin. Our condolences.
We lost my wife's dad earlier this year, and then we lost his dog in September. Bad year.
Garman likes this.

post #41470 of 47443 Old 11-05-2018, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 754
Quote:
Sorry for your loss Garman.
Garman likes this.
post #41471 of 47443 Old 11-06-2018, 01:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 313
@no quarter
Low volume listening was my major remark on C2 and C4, especially C2 mk1. They lose both some details and bottom end authority. Also, the soundstage "shrinks" a little and loses depth. It's not extreme, of course, but it could be better - knowing how good they play at medium and high volume. Subwoofers do help with bottom end, of course.

I don't have any of those issues with C60's - they sound just right at any volume level.

Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V

Last edited by Delija; 11-06-2018 at 01:50 AM.
post #41472 of 47443 Old 11-06-2018, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
@no quarter
Low volume listening was my major remark on C2 and C4, especially C2 mk1. They lose both some details and bottom end authority. Also, the soundstage "shrinks" a little and loses depth. It's not extreme, of course, but it could be better - knowing how good they play at medium and high volume. Subwoofers do help with bottom end, of course.

I don't have any of those issues with C60's - they sound just right at any volume level.
My C2s sound fine at moderate and lower volume. I should try them with the subs turned off and see how they do.

post #41473 of 47443 Old 11-06-2018, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Red face

Quote:
My C2s sound fine at moderate and lower volume. I should try them with the subs turned off and see how they do.
Bass response can depend a lot on the room, I had no issues whatsoever running my C2's without a sub, I had a Servo-15 (in old house) which produced very deep low bass, but rarely used it. New room same, bass is amazing at low volume with no sub, I have two smaller subs, that will be used for HT use and maybe some music. Thanks for the condolences much appreciated, my dad wanted me to do his basement but we never got around to it, because he got sick, he was so happy that I was doing another one and always wanted to see it. He told me to use it to relax and enjoy life, and I must say I love music and movies and that's why I love this hobby. Thankfully today my HT installers for my projector are here installing screen and new Sony 295 projector... Perfect timing with the holidays, and a bar right behind me!

Last edited by Garman; 11-06-2018 at 08:50 AM.
post #41474 of 47443 Old 11-06-2018, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
no quarter: doh! Long week, just lost my dad, a few days ago, I wasn't putting the pieces of the puzzle together.. If your in an apartment and low volume is what you're looking for I can see why your using them. I love the initial concept of the company like Dynaudio had, heck I can't tell you how many pairs I sold just giving the customer the story behind the history of the company on how they even perfected their own environmentally safe glue they used, and how their master woodworkers were like Artist, and that Dynaudio not only looked like works of art, but they sounded like them as well. I get the whole China concept, I guess you just have to except it and move on, but I don't have to like it. I bought one of Dyns Music 3 systems, knowing it was made in China, with Dyn drivers, it still sounds superb but, like I stated not a fan of more and more companies doing this, in the name of Globalization, which leads to destabilization eventually because other countries can't compete against cheap slave labor.. Still interested in the Confidence 20's, but it will most likely be the last Dyns I buy.. I have zero issues with people talking about other brands on here, in fact anyone ever hear of this other Danish Company?

https://www.audiovector.com/media/wy...ovector_V4.pdf
My condolences for your loss, Garman.
Garman likes this.

Dynaudio Focus 260 | Focus 210C | Naim SN3| Naim ND5XS2 | Oppo- 93 BDP | Ansuz X Series Speaker Cables | Audioquest RCA Cables | Ansuz Mainz D8 Diamond
post #41475 of 47443 Old 11-06-2018, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Racetripper,he is a photo of my GAIA 111s under my XD 600s,since you were recently discussing them.
Also a few pics of my head to head month long demo of the Sopras versus special 40s.I was very thorough with my testing,and they were the better choice for me,my room,my ears,my listening situation (low volume).Some folks here seem to not believe me,or tell me that their Dyns work great at low volume,or possibly look down on me for switching brands,but i did the head to head not them,and it is my money,not theirs.Anyway,this is not directed at any particular person,just a general statement.I may switch brands again in the future,who knows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1093.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	2478652   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1106.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	2478654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1103.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	2478656  
Garman, RaceTripper and wersuss like this.

post #41476 of 47443 Old 11-06-2018, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

no quarter: Place looks great and so do the speakers, now worries on my end talking about other brands.. Here are a few pics of current setup, some tweaking on the sound end for HT, but that's about it.. Going to fire up a movie tonight that my Dad would have liked and have a good glass of Bourbon! I would like to thank Border Dog for the help on the design of the room and recommendations on treatments etc.. Next up decent rug, drop down "Hunter Douglas Blinds" and a drop down on the main door to help seal out more sound and some bass traps down the road. Love the fact I can just kick back by bar and watch a game etc.. and not have to turn on the big screen, or put both on for larger events etc..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3750.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	786.5 KB
ID:	2478802   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3751.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	834.9 KB
ID:	2478804   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3752.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	721.5 KB
ID:	2478808   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3753.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	882.3 KB
ID:	2478812   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3754.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	548.2 KB
ID:	2478816  

Last edited by Garman; 11-06-2018 at 02:38 PM.
post #41477 of 47443 Old 11-06-2018, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
Note that we grew around 40% last year overall, that would simply not be possible with the capacity we have in Skanderborg. But the mix between in-house and sub-suppliers have changed, so we have increased production of drivers and final assembly in Denmark, while re-arranging cabinet manufacturing.
This is a reason, but not sufficient reason for us to understand why additional production capacity was created overseas, not in Denmark. You choose to abandon the 'made in Denmark' trait which is fine as far as I am concerned, I only care about how it sounds. But I think it's a mistake to underestimate country of manufacture as a purchasing criteria for customers. Any failings found in your future products will certainly blamed on that ;-)
post #41478 of 47443 Old 11-06-2018, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks really good Garman...I don’t know man,I think the C2’s are perfect size for that room.Looks to me like you are on the ground floor of the house,not the basement?

post #41479 of 47443 Old 11-06-2018, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Looks really good Garman...I don’t know man,I think the C2’s are perfect size for that room.Looks to me like you are on the ground floor of the house,not the basement?
no quarter: It's a walkout basement, pretty common in the Midwest... The good news is the wall where the screen is is due West so the Ambient light isn't that big of an issue, nothing that some good blinds can't take care of. I was just running the same movie in bar area and on the big screen, need to tweak the sound when family is going tomorrow and give the subs a run for their money. I think you are right, the C2 are coming along pretty well so far... I was going to use the Special 40's in my office, but I might swap them out from time to time in the main room and give them a go.

post #41480 of 47443 Old 11-07-2018, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Hello, ordered new integrated amplifier for my C1 Mk2 : Audia Flight FLS10

2000VA toroidal transformer , 288.000µF capacitors , (200/380/700 (8/4/2 ohm) W per channel. First 20 watts in clsss A.

http://www.audia.it/admin/files/HFN_...eprint-LOW.pdf
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fls10_silver_davanti_angolato.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2479148   Click image for larger version

Name:	5e5570_54eeecf9315847fa83a2063642b6de66_mv2_d_3888_2592_s_4_2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	2479150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Audia-Flight-FLS10 inside.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	2479156   Click image for larger version

Name:	201709_audiaflight4.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	2479158  
post #41481 of 47443 Old 11-07-2018, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Now that I've had my C2s for a month, they've been running in for 300+ hours, as I've been leaving them playing during the day when I'm at work, and during the night a low volume.

I would say they have broken in very nicely and are sounding pretty consistent, but what I've noticed in the past week or so is that the imaging – especially on orchestral music – has really improved. Does that make sense that the imaging and soundstage would improve? It's a bit more three-dimensional and focused. I've also been doing some tweaks positioning here and there but nothing I never noticed right away to that extreme. I can't say I have experienced that before, although the last two pairs of speakers I had were seconds (except for adding the Esotar2 to the Contours S3.4 I had before).

Now that the speakers and all my Naim/Herron upgrades, new tubes, etc have all had a few months to break in I have to say my system is sounding utterly fantastic. A complete game changer from before all of it. Next week I am ordering a double stack of Naim Fraim shelving so that should bring some more improvement in terms of isolation and reduced microphonics.
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.

Last edited by RaceTripper; 11-08-2018 at 07:12 AM.
post #41482 of 47443 Old 11-08-2018, 02:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked: 837
Quote:
Now that I've had my C2s for a month, they are coming on about 300+ hours, since I've been leaving them playing during the day when I'm at work, and during the night a low volume.

I would say they have broken in very nicely and are sounding pretty consistent, but what I've noticed in the past week or so is that the imaging – especially on orchestral music – has really improved. Does that make sense that the imaging and soundstage would improve? It's a bit more three-dimensional and focused. I've also been doing some tweaks positioning here and there but nothing I never noticed right away to that extreme. I can't say I have experienced that before, although the last two pairs of speakers I had were seconds (except for adding the Esotar2 to the Contours S3.4 I had before).

Now that the speakers and all my Naim/Herron upgrades, new tubes, etc have all had a few months to break in I have to say my system is sounding utterly fantastic. A complete game changer from before all of it. Next week I am ordering a double stack of Naim Fraim shelving so that should bring some more improvement in terms of isolation and reduced microphonics.
Sure does. I have found over the years there is more to a new piece than just tonality changes. Be it speakers - amps - sources - isolation - power distribution or cables.
RaceTripper likes this.
post #41483 of 47443 Old 11-08-2018, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Sure does. I have found over the years there is more to a new piece than just tonality changes. Be it speakers - amps - sources - isolation - power distribution or cables.
George: You got it spot on, how you listed the order of importance! LOL Listening to Dynaudio S4-C65 above my bar, and I am shocked on how well these preform... Running a separate Amp to them via my receiver and so far extremely impressed.... Hat's off to Dynaudio to making these sound like a great Monitor coming out of my ceiling using a pair for Atmos and pair of S4-W65 in-walls. Jaw dropping good... Using Lar's demo disc....

https://www.dynaudio.com/custom-install/studio-series

post #41484 of 47443 Old 11-08-2018, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I want to replace my Dali Opticon 1 stereo speakers with the Dynaudio Emit M10 speakers. But would they be a good match with my Dali center speaker?

I got the Opticons because it was a good second hand deal, but I was still in the final orientation phase of selecting speakers. I leaned towards Q Acoustics until finally discovering Dynaudio!

For some reason, this brand is not well known and also little discussed online, compared to other brands like Dali.

My problem: my TV cabinet (also Danish, like Dali and Dynaudio) now has the Dali Zensor Vokal center speaker and it is the biggest center that would fit. The Dynaudio center speaker in this range is the Emit M15 C which is 4 centimeters too wide so not an option for me.

---> I am wondering if the Dynaudio M10 pair well with the Dali Zensor Vokal center speaker?

Does anyone have experience paring Dynaudio and Dali in general?
post #41485 of 47443 Old 11-08-2018, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilexa0 View Post
I want to replace my Dali Opticon 1 stereo speakers with the Dynaudio Emit M10 speakers. But would they be a good match with my Dali center speaker?

I got the Opticons because it was a good second hand deal, but I was still in the final orientation phase of selecting speakers. I leaned towards Q Acoustics until finally discovering Dynaudio!

For some reason, this brand is not well known and also little discussed online, compared to other brands like Dali.

My problem: my TV cabinet (also Danish, like Dali and Dynaudio) now has the Dali Zensor Vokal center speaker and it is the biggest center that would fit. The Dynaudio center speaker in this range is the Emit M15 C which is 4 centimeters too wide so not an option for me.

---> I am wondering if the Dynaudio M10 pair well with the Dali Zensor Vokal center speaker?

I had Zensor 1's and X14's (and X18's) but not the Emits. The Zensors had some serious bumps in the mids and highs. Dyns will be more even and accurate with a little extra spice at the top and a little laid-back in the mids.

You might actually like the more forward Vokal for...well...vocals and dialogue. Won't hurt to try. One thing to consider is that the Excite line has a bigger matching center with 5 inch woofers as opposed to the 4 inch Emit center.
Garman likes this.
post #41486 of 47443 Old 11-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0nestar8 View Post
One thing to consider is that the Excite line has a bigger matching center with 5 inch woofers as opposed to the 4 inch Emit center.
14 cm = 5.5"
post #41487 of 47443 Old 11-08-2018, 02:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
14 cm = 5.5"
But what's the radiating surface area and corresponding diameter?

Pedantry aside, the width of the basket is meaningless, but you already know that. Anyway, I shall amend my statement thus: The Excite line has a matching center that is larger than the Emit matching center.

I usually just call any 4.X" woofer a 4 incher, 5.X" woofer a 5 incher, and 6.X" woofer a 6 incher, but I will try to be more specific in the future!

Last edited by l0nestar8; 11-08-2018 at 02:55 PM.
post #41488 of 47443 Old 11-08-2018, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilexa0 View Post

I had both the Ikon Dali's and Zensor 3 and 7's decent speakers but like everyone else stated much more forward than the Dyns. I would try the Emit's with the Dali Zensor Vokal and see if they can't workout or maybe try to find an older Audience Speaker Center and or LR120 that also would work out with the Emits.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNAUDIO-AU...33ut:rk:3:pf:1 <<<<<< too long...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynaudio-Au...w2DR:rk:3:pf:1 Audience 42C shorter and would work, matching the 3 front speakers across the front is more beneficial so sticking with the same brand would be better in the long run and produce more desired results.

161 x 441 x 281 Is the measurements of the Vokal, so most of the Dyns are 500mm in width even the older DM series are 500mm

I use to have five of (above) LR120's with a big sub and it was one of my first Dynaudio systems, and they preformed pretty well on both music and HT, and it was a decent Center channel and it might fit as I think it is slight smaller as far as height goes, not sure about length though. The Dali Zensor always got decent reviews from WhatHiFi https://www.dali-speakers.com/loudsp.../zensor-vokal/ I liked their sound, but Dyns just sound more refined and overall better to "My" ears.

Last edited by Garman; 11-08-2018 at 05:53 PM.
post #41489 of 47443 Old 11-08-2018, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Yeah, there is definitely a big improvement to the C2s in the last few days. Some of you know how much I like the big orchestral pieces (which is why I wanted the C2s). I've just listened to three works on vinyl that I played when the C2s were new: Holst's "The Planets" (Haitink/LSO), Debusy's "La Mer" and "Trois Nocturnes" (Haitink/Concertgebouw) and Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" (Dorati/Minneapolis).

These pieces are really densely textured with a lot of different timbres from delicate orchestral dialogs among the woodwinds, brass, percussion, etc to full bore orchestra with big brass and loud percussion sections. The way the speakers are imaging now feels like when I'm in a box at Powell Hall listening to the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra (and I've heard The Planets under Leonard Slatkin there). I can pick out woodwind, brass and percussion instruments even when the full string section is bearing down fortissimo. It really sounds fantastic, and exciting. The soundstage is also more three-dimensional than before.

Between the Naim upgrades, adding a second sub and the C2s upgrading the Contours I sometimes have a hard time believing I'm listening to the same record I've had all these years. I'm getting a whole new experience from them.

The Confidence Platinum absolutely rule. Best single investment I've ever made in my system. I guess for soemthing that costs more than my car (but less than my house) the system better be this good.
Garman and OctaDyn_Dude like this.

post #41490 of 47443 Old 11-08-2018, 11:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Every time I go to my dealers house I get to hear the Chord Dave/Blu 11 combo as a source,Fed from a Simaudio streamer,or CD’s played on the Blu 2.If you have never heard this combo,here is a video with that combo playing into Marten,and B&w speakers...I can’t find any with Dyn speakers,but you get the picture as to how special this combo is.I am almost 100% sure I will be getting a Hugo TT 2 and M scaler next year at some time.There is such an ease,and naturalness to the presentation,listening to ANY music,is sublime.

andrex99 likes this.

Last edited by no quarter; 11-08-2018 at 11:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page