Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1403 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9609Likes

post #42061 of 46178 Old 01-02-2019, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
Did you use it with SVS?

It's very obvious why it's very limited with output - in order to play 22 Hz with its size and amp, there must be a lot of digital EQ and compression. You can't beat physics.

It's very simple - this subwoofer is not meant for usage like this.
For small near-field monitor system - it's quite fine. It's made for that.
Maybe that's the reason you like it better on the shelf.
I was using the internal high pass filter of the SVS @ 80Hz just as I'm doing with the 9S.

Whatever the output of the 9S, sub-bass frequencies are sounding perfect in both quantity and quality in my system for the first time in several decades.

I've been monitoring the issue of vibration with the sub on the shelf. It's not an audio rack; it's a very heavy, solid table and, to this point, there are no vibrations, audible or not, being transmitted to the gear on the shelf below. No vibration sounds emanate from the decorative objects adjacent to the sub either. Nevertheless, I may still mount the sub on Sorbothane feet at some point.

PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player>>PS Audio DirectStream DAC >>Dynaudio 9S subwoofer>>Merrill Audio Thor Mono Blocks>>Dynaudio Confidence C1 II's (w/ Brickwall Series Mode Line Conditioner)

Last edited by Andy Linkner; 01-02-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42062 of 46178 Old 01-02-2019, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked: 2471
Ooh; 2019 starting off right!

Checked in, with my NAD dealer...on what I assumed, was his 1st day back from the Holiday break.

Just wanted an update, on the C658; figuring I still had a week or so, before there'd be any new news.

Should be coming, sooner than originally expected. As early as tomorrow!!
KenM10759 and yonson like this.

1 - All The Music In The World > PS Audio Stellar Gain DAC > Dynaudio X14As
2 - All The Music In The World > Musical Fidelity M2si IA > Dynaudio EMIT M10s
post #42063 of 46178 Old 01-02-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 317
I've been very pleased with my pair of REL R-328 for music. They are fast, low and loud...at least well enough for my room. I suppose if I relocated to the larger living room I might want to graduate to a pair of REL S/3, but for now I love the response I get, especially for jazz with acoustic bass and big orchestral works.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Naim Audio NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum REL R-328 x 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42064 of 46178 Old 01-02-2019, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1986 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Ooh; 2019 starting off right!

Checked in, with my NAD dealer...on what I assumed, was his 1st day back from the Holiday break.

Just wanted an update, on the C658; figuring I still had a week or so, before there'd be any new news.

Should be coming, sooner than originally expected. As early as tomorrow!!
Congrats on NAD unit, and thanks again for the deal on the Arcam Dac, I am putting it to good use!

As far as Subs go, it's like pissing into the wind and trying not too get wet, when it comes discussing subs, it's like calling your baby ugly if you like one over the other! I went with dual 8" subs as I didn't need anything larger and the way my room works out, they go plenty low for me during a movie, still need to tweak them but very happy so far. Plus, I don't need a sub with music in this room, the C2's do perfectly well on their own.

SVS Subs are very good and so are many others, if it suits the right application for you and you get the results you want, that's all that matters!
RaceTripper, MUDCAT45 and Delija like this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 01-02-2019 at 08:37 PM.
post #42065 of 46178 Old 01-02-2019, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1813 Post(s)
Liked: 917
Raising Venus. Malia and Boris Blank
George might of heard this

Confidence centre, XD 600's,Excite 12’s,Chord,Naim,Cary Audio.
post #42066 of 46178 Old 01-02-2019, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Dynaudio manufactures a wide variety of speakers,for many different applications.JL audio are a subwoofer only manufacturer,along with sub crossovers.No I do not think they can compete,not really a fair fight.
JL Audio is NOT a subwoofer only manufacturer. They are a car audio brand before anything else who made their name in home audio with their superb subwoofers. They make numerous amplifiers, component sets, coaxials, and subwoofers. They are a leader in the car audio world as far as good sounding class D amplification. This is one of the reasons their home audio subwoofer designs sound good. They have their own class D designs, and their own subwoofer designs. It's all them from start to finish.

However, I do agree with the point you were trying to make. JL Audio excels at subwoofer technology in car and home audio application. Dynaudio has always had a half ***ed attempt at making subwoofers. In my experience, Dynaudio makes subwoofers that aren't meant to play at high SPL (similar to their now old speaker designs). JL makes subs that sound good and play to extremes levels. Dynaudio has the Esotar 1200 car audio subwoofer, but I'm not sure they ever used it in a good home audio application. I'm not sure why.

Maybe, some more complaining about Dynaudio's subwoofers will get them to really put in an effort, just like they've done recently with their full range speakers to improve bass response and SPL level capabilities. I have not heard their new subwoofer releases, but no one seems to be raving about them either.

Last edited by Make Em' Dance; 01-02-2019 at 09:58 PM.
post #42067 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
Dynaudio has the Esotar 1200 car audio subwoofer, but I'm not sure they ever used it in a good home audio application. I'm not sure why.
It's basically a design variant of the driver used in the Sub 600 and Consequence.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
post #42068 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 12:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
As far as Subs go, it's like pissing into the wind and trying not too get wet, when it comes discussing subs, it's like calling your baby ugly if you like one over the other!

Subwoofers are probably more than any other part of the Hi-Fi/HT equipment sensitive to room, placement and settings and proper integration with main speakers is crucial.
Without optimal placement and room correction EQ subs could hardly sound ok.
Finding optimal settings without measurements is impossible.

And yes, there are some subwoofers which are more sensitive to placement and settings and others which are less, and almost by definition, smaller and less potent (sealed) subs are easier for setup.

E.g. above mentioned SB13-Ultra can be "boomy" only if not set right. I'm not saying it's "musical" as much as JL Audio Fathom, but it could hardly be called "boomy".

It would be great if we all had proper FR measurments of systems we are discussing about.
That's the only way to get some (pretty rough) "picture" about some system without hearing it.
Garman and CruelInventions like this.

Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
post #42069 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1144 Post(s)
Liked: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Raising Venus. Malia and Boris Blank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDoShcJ1TD8
George might of heard this
No Tony I haven't heard that until now. Sounds very good and something I would love to hear on a good system - not my crappy computer speakers. Until just recently my next purchase was going to be a streamer with the capability of subscription music. But after hearing some new speakers I'm not sure.
post #42070 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 108
I don't want to beat the subject of sub preferences into the ground (though I think we already have) but I think a huge element that's been mostly absent in this conversation is what music we mostly listen to.

Obviously those who listen overwhelmingly to Rap and electronic dance genres are going to want a different sub than those who listen to folk, bluegrass and other acoustic genres.

PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player>>PS Audio DirectStream DAC >>Dynaudio 9S subwoofer>>Merrill Audio Thor Mono Blocks>>Dynaudio Confidence C1 II's (w/ Brickwall Series Mode Line Conditioner)
post #42071 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
No Tony I haven't heard that until now. Sounds very good and something I would love to hear on a good system - not my crappy computer speakers. Until just recently my next purchase was going to be a streamer with the capability of subscription music. But after hearing some new speakers I'm not sure.
Oh,I thought you would of heard it George,Lars has a link to it on Facebook...playing the New Borrenson standmounts.I found it on Audioshark,the Borrenson speaker thread,post #153 .

post #42072 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tony I don't have a facebook acct. But you are right because I did see that link. Unfortunately I rarely use my computer speakers to listen to what's playing because I can't hear what the speakers sound like. I have most all the Lars/Mike demo discs including the 2018 demo. I wonder if it will be on a 2019 disc. Those new speakers are really something else especially as they are breaking in.
post #42073 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I recently listened to one 03 and one 3.1 since the sensitivity specs were close. 89db for the 03 and 90db for the 3.1. In the sweet spot I could barely hear the 3.1. So much for specs. I'll bet the 03's were twice as loud if not more.
post #42074 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post

Subwoofers are probably more than any other part of the Hi-Fi/HT equipment sensitive to room, placement and settings and proper integration with main speakers is crucial.
Without optimal placement and room correction EQ subs could hardly sound ok.
Finding optimal settings without measurements is impossible.

And yes, there are some subwoofers which are more sensitive to placement and settings and others which are less, and almost by definition, smaller and less potent (sealed) subs are easier for setup.

E.g. above mentioned SB13-Ultra can be "boomy" only if not set right. I'm not saying it's "musical" as much as JL Audio Fathom, but it could hardly be called "boomy".

It would be great if we all had proper FR measurments of systems we are discussing about.
That's the only way to get some (pretty rough) "picture" about some system without hearing it.
Spot on post, as most (companies and or Manufactures) all use their own version of specific software that is built into their software.. Example Audyssey, YPAO etc.. and many more popping up, most people think set it and forget it, even though you use these room calibration software that's in most HT Receivers these days, the settings can still be way off. I found Yamaha YPAO tends to be more accurate than Audyssey based on my experience with them, but even by using the software the subs always seem to be set way to soft and the need too manually adjust them always comes into play. Not sure if Dynaudio has their own version as lately I see a ton of more manufactures getting into this role. Any sub can sound boomy if not setup correctly, hell a lot of dealers don't even come close to doing this right.

Speaking of Dynaudio World Wide Stereo has crazy prices still on many of the Dynaudio speakers. $900 for a pair of Xeo 2
Delija likes this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.

Last edited by Garman; 01-03-2019 at 07:11 AM.
post #42075 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Which Hegel to Contour 20?

Hi all. Just registered, but have been lurking around already for some time on this forum. I'm currently in the process of going from a 10-year old 5.1 system to a more decent 2.0 system and have been listening to various alternatives and will mostly likely get a pair of C20 during the weekend. I've listened to them on a few occasions and thought they sounded good with the Hegel H360 integrated amp (which I also like for aesthetic reasons).

My question is, is it worth going for the H360 (2 x 420 w/pc into 4 ohms) or would it be sufficient with the newer and smaller H190 (2 x 250w/pc into 4 ohms)?

The gear will be placed in our living room and I'm aiming at keeping a rather small footprint, i.e. I'm not planning to add any separate DAC, pre-amp, vinyl player or anything like that. Music will be streamed and will also use them for watching movies. We might move to a bigger place in the future and if I would then look at some bigger floor standers I would like to not having to upgrade the amp too. I mostly play music at moderate levels, but from time to time I like to turn it up a bit.

Both the H190 and H360 are currently priced the same (due to good discounts on the H360 which is soon to be replaced). I like the new display on the H190 as well that it has an inbuilt headphone output and I've seen people saying that the H190 has a better sound compared to H360 (not sure in what aspect and/or if I would notice anything), but on the other hand having more power could be nice. I haven't yet listened to H190, but I can hopefully do that during the weekend.

In my shoes, which one would you choose out of H360 vs H190?
post #42076 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwickel View Post
Hi all. Just registered, but have been lurking around already for some time on this forum. I'm currently in the process of going from a 10-year old 5.1 system to a more decent 2.0 system and have been listening to various alternatives and will mostly likely get a pair of C20 during the weekend. I've listened to them on a few occasions and thought they sounded good with the Hegel H360 integrated amp (which I also like for aesthetic reasons).

My question is, is it worth going for the H360 (2 x 420 w/pc into 4 ohms) or would it be sufficient with the newer and smaller H190 (2 x 250w/pc into 4 ohms)?

The gear will be placed in our living room and I'm aiming at keeping a rather small footprint, i.e. I'm not planning to add any separate DAC, pre-amp, vinyl player or anything like that. Music will be streamed and will also use them for watching movies. We might move to a bigger place in the future and if I would then look at some bigger floor standers I would like to not having to upgrade the amp too. I mostly play music at moderate levels, but from time to time I like to turn it up a bit.

Both the H190 and H360 are currently priced the same (due to good discounts on the H360 which is soon to be replaced). I like the new display on the H190 as well that it has an inbuilt headphone output and I've seen people saying that the H190 has a better sound compared to H360 (not sure in what aspect and/or if I would notice anything), but on the other hand having more power could be nice. I haven't yet listened to H190, but I can hopefully do that during the weekend.

2x250w seems to me enough headroom. And add newer design and headphone out and you’re ready to go.
Did you also try the ( maybe more efficient) S40?, or enter highend with some soon discontinued C1,s?

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
post #42077 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I have owned many of the Hegel units and they mate well with Dynaudio. The 360 is a beast and has a ton of raw power and has a nice Dac in it to boot and will do High Rez files as well (as both units do).. Both use their patented SoundEngine2 Technology which helps reduce distortion. The H190 basically replaces the H160 which was one of their best sellers but with the new SoundEngine2 in the H190 as Hegel states it gives better woofer control and a better damping factor around 4000, bigger soundstage and more details and clearer sound etc.. Now looking at the specs one would think the H360 would be the cats meow, but the best thing would to have both units side by side and make the determination on what sounds better to "Your" ears on your speakers! not always easy to do.

post #42078 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrex99 View Post
2x250w seems to me enough headroom. And add newer design and headphone out and you’re ready to go.
Did you also try the ( maybe more efficient) S40?, or enter highend with some soon discontinued C1,s?
I haven't been able to audition the S40, however I like the look of C20 a bit more and my current listening position is around 3.5 meters / 11.5 feet from my speakers so I feel the C20 would fit nicely (room is about 4.8 x 4.8m / 16 x 16 ft).

I have actually been glancing at the C1 Platinum as well, but haven't been able to listen to them either unfortunately. Feels though like I've been reading all tests of them that can be found online. I somehow like the look of the C1 too and could get a used pair of C1 Pt for around 1000 EUR more than a new pair of C20 Listening on lower volumes should be quite pleasant with the C1 MKII version it seems, but the C20 would be able to handle higher SPL. Still I feel that the current C1 could feel a bit outdated soon. Tough decisions! Maybe if the price of the used C1 Pt was a bit less, hmm..
post #42079 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I have owned many of the Hegel units and they mate well with Dynaudio. The 360 is a beast and has a ton of raw power and has a nice Dac in it to boot and will do High Rez files as well (as both units do).. Both use their patented SoundEngine2 Technology which helps reduce distortion. The H190 basically replaces the H160 which was one of their best sellers but with the new SoundEngine2 in the H190 as Hegel states it gives better woofer control and a better damping factor around 4000, bigger soundstage and more details and clearer sound etc.. Now looking at the specs one would think the H360 would be the cats meow, but the best thing would to have both units side by side and make the determination on what sounds better to "Your" ears on your speakers! not always easy to do.
In reality I guess I would be pleased with either of them, but I always find it difficult choosing between two similar ones where both have some advantages. Hopefully I will be able to listen to both side by side in a day or two.
post #42080 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
I haven't been able to audition the S40, however I like the look of C20 a bit more and my current listening position is around 3.5 meters / 11.5 feet from my speakers so I feel the C20 would fit nicely (room is about 4.8 x 4.8m / 16 x 16 ft).

I have actually been glancing at the C1 Platinum as well, but haven't been able to listen to them either unfortunately. Feels though like I've been reading all tests of them that can be found online. I somehow like the look of the C1 too and could get a used pair of C1 Pt for around 1000 EUR more than a new pair of C20 Listening on lower volumes should be quite pleasant with the C1 MKII version it seems, but the C20 would be able to handle higher SPL. Still I feel that the current C1 could feel a bit outdated soon. Tough decisions! Maybe if the price of the used C1 Pt was a bit less, hmm..

Dynaudio C1 Platinum are being offered around here now for 5k euro (new) or 5k demo in mocha finish.
Dealers give a nice discount because new model is on its way.

The C20 retails 4,5keuro.

The C1 may feel outdated, but they will be part of the game for still a long time i think.

And if you come from 5.1 and still like to watch movies through your hifi setup: the C1 have great texture in mids and dynamics. You wont miss you’re other 4 speakers too much.
Think most important to take your time for a right decision.
zwickel likes this.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter

Last edited by andrex99; 01-03-2019 at 01:40 PM.
post #42081 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
JL Audio is NOT a subwoofer only manufacturer. They are a car audio brand before anything else who made their name in home audio with their superb subwoofers. They make numerous amplifiers, component sets, coaxials, and subwoofers. They are a leader in the car audio world as far as good sounding class D amplification. This is one of the reasons their home audio subwoofer designs sound good. They have their own class D designs, and their own subwoofer designs. It's all them from start to finish.

However, I do agree with the point you were trying to make. JL Audio excels at subwoofer technology in car and home audio application. Dynaudio has always had a half ***ed attempt at making subwoofers. In my experience, Dynaudio makes subwoofers that aren't meant to play at high SPL (similar to their now old speaker designs). JL makes subs that sound good and play to extremes levels. Dynaudio has the Esotar 1200 car audio subwoofer, but I'm not sure they ever used it in a good home audio application. I'm not sure why.

Maybe, some more complaining about Dynaudio's subwoofers will get them to really put in an effort, just like they've done recently with their full range speakers to improve bass response and SPL level capabilities. I have not heard their new subwoofer releases, but no one seems to be raving about them either.
Ok,let me reword it...they are a subwoofer specialist,and I am well aware of their car Audio gear,I had JL subs in two of my F 350’s.

post #42082 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2303 Post(s)
Liked: 2546
Quote:

H360 for sure. I push my C20s with an amp rated 450/channel to 4 ohms. C20s love some juice and really open up.
zwickel likes this.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream | Furman IT-Reference 15i | roon
Panasonic DP-UB9000 | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | iFi AC iPurifier
post #42083 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Speaking of Dynaudio World Wide Stereo has crazy prices still on many of the Dynaudio speakers. $900 for a pair of Xeo 2

I was looking for a pair of wireless speakers and was considering the KEF LSX since I own other KEF speakers but decided to give the Xeo 2 a try based on reviews and because of sale. WWS had an extra $100 off when I ordered. I'll report back when I get them - due to arrive tomorrow.

KEF R900, R600C, Q500, Q100; Oppo BDP-95; Marantz SR8012; Sony UDP-X800; Technics SL-5; NAD Phono Preamp; Apple TV 4th Gen (Also....Parasound Halo A23; NAD T777v2)
post #42084 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3600 Post(s)
Liked: 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1991 View Post
I was looking for a pair of wireless speakers and was considering the KEF LSX since I own other KEF speakers but decided to give the Xeo 2 a try based on reviews and because of sale. WWS had an extra $100 off when I ordered. I'll report back when I get them - due to arrive tomorrow.
Order both and keep the best one?

I've heard the LSX. Great connectivity and the sound....wow.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, E.A.T. C-Major TT w/Ortofon Quintet Blue cart.
post #42085 of 46178 Old 01-03-2019, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:

IMO, all Hegel amps excel in staging, and have great clarity and sense of space. They really are great amps.

Hegel does very small incremental upgrades, so the previous model designs are almost identical to their new amps. Normally, the new amplifiers get small upgrades to the internal DAC's, and the "SoundEngine" daughter boards; which are a very small part of their design, but are a large part of their marketing. I'd try to listen to some version of each design before buying, so you can get an idea of the sound of that PCB design.

Almost identical internal design - H160 and H190

Almost identical internal design - H300 and H360 (the H200 is also very close, but without a built in DAC)

Unless you need a crazy amount of power and slightly better DAC in the H360, I'd choose an H160 or H190. Even those two amps deliver 250 watts per channel at 4 ohms.
Garman and zwickel like this.

Last edited by Make Em' Dance; 07-04-2019 at 07:36 PM.
post #42086 of 46178 Old 01-04-2019, 09:01 PM

Liked: 10
Just bought Bluesound Node 2i for my Dynaudio Xeo 30. They are connected via Toslink meaning Node 2i doing only streaming duties (no DAC and "only" 24/96 MQAs). Comparing this setup (playing Tidal) with previous PC -> Dynaudio Connect (via USB) -> Xeo 30...just wow!
It's such a big difference in SQ across the board! Stage, details, even 3D sound.....very impressed!
I haven't tried the analog way.

I’d suggest anyone buying Xeo/Focus XD and Dynaudio transmitter to pass on Connect/Hub transmitter. Save a few more bucks and get the Node 2i. It does everything better and has all the connections, options, apps, BT, AptX HD,... BluOS app for it is second to none!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4997C62A-2E6B-4506-A326-7761EAA6636C_1546664864061.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	2505922   Click image for larger version

Name:	6DC7ECBD-5CE9-4CB7-8FB5-D54B6401E53A_1546664874941.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	2505924   Click image for larger version

Name:	8B31C009-70E7-4EA8-B2B2-75D849468811_1546664885325.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	2505926  
KenM10759 likes this.

Last edited by pusko; 01-04-2019 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Adding photos
post #42087 of 46178 Old 01-05-2019, 04:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3600 Post(s)
Liked: 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusko View Post
Just bought Bluesound Node 2i for my Dynaudio Xeo 30. They are connected via Toslink meaning Node 2i doing only streaming duties (no DAC and "only" 24/96 MQAs). Comparing this setup (playing Tidal) with previous PC -> Dynaudio Connect (via USB) -> Xeo 30...just wow!
It's such a big difference in SQ across the board! Stage, details, even 3D sound.....very impressed!

I’d suggest anyone buying Xeo/Focus XD and Dynaudio transmitter to pass on Connect/Hub transmitter. Save a few more bucks and get the Node 2i. It does everything better and has all the connections, options, apps, BT, AptX HD,... BluOS app for it is second to none!
Do try the analog output and report back, please.

What I love about the Bluesound gear as much as the sound quality is the BluOS interface. Very easy to use and deceptively capable of so many ways to work with a playlist made up of tracks from multiple sources. You can start with one song and just keep adding as you switch sources, save it, change it up and save it with a new name. Many sources available, more coming all the time, though slowly. Fortunately, free updates to both firmware and apps.

I wonder now how @CDLehner is doing with the NAD C658. Did it come in?
KongHongPhooey likes this.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, E.A.T. C-Major TT w/Ortofon Quintet Blue cart.

Last edited by KenM10759; 01-05-2019 at 04:25 AM.
post #42088 of 46178 Old 01-05-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusko View Post

What I love about the Bluesound gear as much as the sound quality is the BluOS interface. Very easy to use and deceptively capable of so many ways to work with a playlist made up of tracks from multiple sources. You can start with one song and just keep adding as you switch sources, save it, change it up and save it with a new name. Many sources available, more coming all the time, though slowly. Fortunately, free updates to both firmware and apps.

Will try RCA with and without Node’s DAC and report back.
post #42089 of 46178 Old 01-05-2019, 04:50 AM

Great quality recordings...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	86E16654-2C84-40C7-8D4E-0E3028FCE768_1546692615757.png
Views:	66
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	2506000   Click image for larger version

Name:	3AC108C7-ADCF-426B-BF6C-104D0A1CEDB7_1546692625768.png
Views:	55
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	2506002  
post #42090 of 46178 Old 01-05-2019, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked: 2471
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post

Shipping Monday; I should have it Tuesday or Wednesday
KenM10759 likes this.

1 - All The Music In The World > PS Audio Stellar Gain DAC > Dynaudio X14As
2 - All The Music In The World > Musical Fidelity M2si IA > Dynaudio EMIT M10s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page