Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1421 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10184Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #42601 of 47373 Old 03-07-2019, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,555
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
FS on the Evoke tweeter is below 700 Hz, yes.
I respect how you take all the beatings in stride. Thank you for participating in the forum. It's appreciated.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
RaceTripper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42602 of 47373 Old 03-07-2019, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 5,052
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2404 Post(s)
Liked: 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
Why are you taking such a defensive stance?
Pot calling the kettle black.
drewTT is offline  
post #42603 of 47373 Old 03-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
I’ve stated this before, but in general we are moving towards being more open to adapting to the needs of each individual design, as opposed to sticking to a mantra that may result in painting yourself into a corner. While this may make the choices less obvious when reading specs, we believe that the result is better performance for each product. People have their opinions, but we are happy with the results. The reception of Evoke in Europe has been overwhelming, I realize that it will be some weeks still before it hits the US.

Don’t trust specs, trust your ears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Pot calling the kettle black.
What am I defending? I was simply calling out the obvious. This wasn't my conversation to defend. The other gentleman had some valid questions and all Otto ever seems to answer with is "we aren't painting ourselves into a corner", instead of taking the time to get the answers and then report back here. Otherwise, his presence is nothing more than a marketing ploy on this forum.

If you would move your nose into some fresh air , if you catch my drift, and then read up a bit on crossover design, you might realize the questions posed were valid and reasonable. Take your continuous instigative one liners elsewhere. You don't seem to offer much more than that here.....day after day.

Last edited by Make Em' Dance; 03-07-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Make Em' Dance is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42604 of 47373 Old 03-07-2019, 09:06 PM
Senior Member
 
wgerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
I respect how you take all the beatings in stride. Thank you for participating in the forum. It's appreciated.

Agreed.
wgerman is offline  
post #42605 of 47373 Old 03-07-2019, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Reminds me of this great Zeppelin song,with the only other person to sing on one of their albums...Sandy Denny.


The battle of evermore!

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito

Last edited by no quarter; 03-07-2019 at 09:28 PM.
no quarter is offline  
post #42606 of 47373 Old 03-08-2019, 03:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
I’ve stated this before, but in general we are moving towards being more open to adapting to the needs of each individual design, as opposed to sticking to a mantra that may result in painting yourself into a corner. While this may make the choices less obvious when reading specs, we believe that the result is better performance for each product. People have their opinions, but we are happy with the results. The reception of Evoke in Europe has been overwhelming, I realize that it will be some weeks still before it hits the US.

Don’t trust specs, trust your ears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Pot calling the kettle black.
What am I defending? I was simply calling out the obvious. This wasn't my conversation to defend. The other gentleman had some valid questions and all Otto ever seems to answer with is "we aren't painting ourselves into a corner", instead of taking the time to get the answers and then report back here. Otherwise, his presence is nothing more than a marketing ploy on this forum.

If you would move your nose into some fresh air , if you catch my drift, and then read up a bit on crossover design, you might realize the questions posed were valid and reasonable. Take your continuous instigative one liners elsewhere. You don't seem to offer much more than that here.....day after day.
I could be wrong but I think Drew may have been insinuating you come across as a d!ck in your post. Ask the questions but show some tact when doing so. No need to be disrespectful just because you’re on the internet. It’s nice to have a Dyn rep participate in the thread.
drewTT, Dynero, yonson and 1 others like this.
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
post #42607 of 47373 Old 03-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Member
 
MarvinLungwitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
I could be wrong but I think Drew may have been insinuating you come across as a d!ck in your post. Ask the questions but show some tact when doing so.



Or at least stop; abusing the semicolon. :-D
MarvinLungwitz is offline  
post #42608 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Since nobody is talking speakers....how about music? Do yourself a big favour,and take an hour of your time to watch this incredible performance by Mark Knopfler.I was not a huge fan of his in the “Money for nothing” era,but he is really talented,and I love his new music.Crank those Dyn’s,and enjoy this!


,
Garman, andrex99, Lp85253 and 3 others like this.

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
no quarter is offline  
post #42609 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,555
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Since nobody is talking speakers....how about music? ...
OK. Speaking of music...

In 2017 Deutsche Grammophon (DG Classics) reissued the 1960 recordings of Bach's Suites for Solo Cello, performed by Pierre Fournier on the Archiv label (DG's sister label for early music). This was a complete AAA remaster from the original tapes at Emil Berliner Studios in Germany, and – I believe – pressed at Pallas.

I screwed up and didn't buy it, and – as a 3-LP numbered, limited edition – it went out of print. Last week I stumbled serendipitously upon a new, sealed copy on Amazon, sold by Amazon Global UK for $90 (i.e. the original price). I quickly ordered it and it arrived yesterday. The shipping box arrived from England bashed up. My heart sank when I saw it, expecting the records to be damaged. Luckily, there was only a minuscule dent on one corner of the record box, and all record surfaces are perfect, and after an ultrasonic cleaning very quiet to boot.

OMG, this mastering sound fantastic. It's amazing what they can get out of 60 year old tapes. Not to mention, the performance is sublime. I have four other recordings of the Cello Suites (including Starker on Mercury) and I think this recording of the Fournier might well become a favorite.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
RaceTripper is offline  
post #42610 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
OK. Speaking of music...

In 2017 Deutsche Grammophon (DG Classics) reissued the 1960 recordings of Bach's Suites for Solo Cello, performed by Pierre Fournier on the Archiv label (DG's sister label for early music). This was a complete AAA remaster from the original tapes at Emil Berliner Studios in Germany, and – I believe – pressed at Pallas.

I screwed up and didn't buy it, and – as a 3-LP numbered, limited edition – it went out of print. Last week I stumbled serendipitously upon a new, sealed copy on Amazon, sold by Amazon Global UK for $90 (i.e. the original price). I quickly ordered it and it arrived yesterday. The shipping box arrived from England bashed up. My heart sank when I saw it, expecting the records to be damaged. Luckily, there was only a minuscule dent on one corner of the record box, and all record surfaces are perfect, and after an ultrasonic cleaning very quiet to boot.

OMG, this mastering sound fantastic. It's amazing what they can get out of 60 year old tapes. Not to mention, the performance is sublime. I have four other recordings of the Cello Suites (including Starker on Mercury) and I think this recording of the Fournier might well become a favorite.
I have been meaning to ask you for some recommendations,of excellent classical music Racetripper,since you are well versed on this Genre.I listen to a lot more Jazz and Classical now than I ever have before.My problem is,since I am relatively new to both Genres,I don’t really know what is good,what is bad.Any help would be appreciated,I keep reading on the Chord headfi forums,how the late 50’s,and 60’s Jazz/Classical are some of the best recordings ever made...but don’t have a clue which ones?I mainly just listen on internet radio right now,but would love to own my own music from this era...

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
no quarter is offline  
post #42611 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Regarding Mark Knopfler...apparently he is coming to Toronto,to play this show,in an intimate venue,but the tickets are over 250 US dollars.By the time you factor in travel,hotel,etc....you are looking at over 600 bucks to see the show.Incredible what it costs to see a live show these days.

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
no quarter is offline  
post #42612 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Regarding Mark Knopfler...apparently he is coming to Toronto,to play this show,in an intimate venue,but the tickets are over 250 US dollars.By the time you factor in travel,hotel,etc....you are looking at over 600 bucks to see the show.Incredible what it costs to see a live show these days.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/redface.gif[/IMG]
No doubt. I’ve bought tix to 2 shows so far this year. Traveling to go see Dead and Co. With hotel and food it will set me back $500 easy. Tedeschi Trucks Band will be local but will still push $200 by time I add in eat and drinks.
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
post #42613 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
No doubt. I’ve bought tix to 2 shows so far this year. Traveling to go see Dead and Co. With hotel and food it will set me back $500 easy. Tedeschi Trucks Band will be local but will still push $200 by time I add in eat and drinks.
Love Tedeschi /Trucks band...their performance on the Eric Clapton crossroads blue ray is EPIC....especially “Midnight in Harlem”...that guitar solo,one of the best ever,almost brings me to tears,it’s that good.🤧
Garman and KenM10759 like this.

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
no quarter is offline  
post #42614 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,555
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I have been meaning to ask you for some recommendations,of excellent classical music Racetripper,since you are well versed on this Genre.I listen to a lot more Jazz and Classical now than I ever have before.My problem is,since I am relatively new to both Genres,I don’t really know what is good,what is bad.Any help would be appreciated,I keep reading on the Chord headfi forums,how the late 50’s,and 60’s Jazz/Classical are some of the best recordings ever made...but don’t have a clue which ones?I mainly just listen on internet radio right now,but would love to own my own music from this era...
That's a rather tall order to recommend jazz or classical when the only parameter is that it's jazz or classical.

I like a lot of jazz/classical from many different periods. As for jazz, I think you should listen to jazz radio and see what you like. If you can tell me something you heard and liked, I might be able to point you in similar directions. Ditto for classical. Also for classical if you hear a particular work you like I might be able to recommend a favorite performance.

While it's true that there are many great performances of jazz and classical from the 50/60s, there have also been great recordings since too. My classical collections spans some 700+ years of music (Gregorian chant to modern) and my jazz collection nearly 100 years (Louis Armstrong Hot Fives/Sevens of the mid 20s to contemporary). There is a lot of great stuff out there.
OctaDyn_Dude and Panson like this.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
RaceTripper is offline  
post #42615 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
That's a rather tall order to recommend jazz or classical when the only parameter is that it's jazz or classical.

I like a lot of jazz/classical from many different periods. As for jazz, I think you should listen to jazz radio and see what you like. If you can tell me something you heard and liked, I might be able to point you in similar directions. Ditto for classical. Also for classical if you hear a particular work you like I might be able to recommend a favorite performance.

While it's true that there are many great performances of jazz and classical from the 50/60s, there have also been great recordings since too. My classical collections spans some 700+ years of music (Gregorian chant to modern) and my jazz collection nearly 100 years (Louis Armstrong Hot Fives/Sevens of the mid 20s to contemporary). There is a lot of great stuff out there.
I do listen to a lot of Linn Jazz,but I guess I have to start taking note of the songs/artist I like.i already have the common/mainstream recordings...kind of blue,Ella and Louis,Jazz at the Pawnshop,love Trio Jeepy.I know that THIS Genre (Jazz) is the one that always stands out to me,as the most lifelike sound I have ever heard,when done right.

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
no quarter is offline  
post #42616 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,555
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Regarding Mark Knopfler...apparently he is coming to Toronto,to play this show,in an intimate venue,but the tickets are over 250 US dollars.By the time you factor in travel,hotel,etc....you are looking at over 600 bucks to see the show.Incredible what it costs to see a live show these days.
I pay less than $100 for any music I hear live. Chick Corea was $75, and I sat literally two tables away from his piano. Hot Tuna Acoustic for $60, sitting fifth row center. I'm going to Ralph Towner (a living legend of acoustic guitar) next week. I paid $45 for each ticket. I have tickets for the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra in May (Berlioz' Symphonie Fantastique). That was $65 each for great seats.

No one is that good that I would pay $250 to see. If I pay $100 for a ticket it's to sit in a nice box at the symphony.
Lp85253 and Panson like this.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
RaceTripper is offline  
post #42617 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
I pay less than $100 for any music I hear live. Chick Corea was $75, and I sat literally two tables away from his piano. Hot Tuna Acoustic for $60, sitting fifth row center. I'm going to Ralph Towner (a living legend of acoustic guitar) next week. I paid $45 for each ticket. I have tickets for the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra in May (Berlioz' Symphonie Fantastique). That was $65 each for great seats.

No one is that good that I would pay $250 to see. If I pay $100 for a ticket it's to sit in a nice box at the symphony.
Ya,that is why I will NOT be going to see the Mark Knopfler show.Oh yeah,Sonny Rollins Saxaphone Colossus is one of my go to albums.

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
no quarter is offline  
post #42618 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,555
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Ya,that is why I will NOT be going to see the Mark Knopfler show.Oh yeah,Sonny Rollins Saxaphone Colossus is one of my go to albums.
Sonny is a giant. I have seen him in concert and he does not disappoint. I had tickets to see him a few years ago, but he got sick with a respiratory problem. He has since retired from performing.

Tenor Madness from the same period is another one to get. I love all his stuff from the 50s and 60s, especially the stuff on Blue Note, Riverside, Prestige, Contemporary. All great stuff. The two Contemporarty titles, Way Out West and The Contemporary Leaders are great. Plenty of stuff out there though.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
RaceTripper is offline  
post #42619 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
Sonny is a giant. I have seen him in concert and he does not disappoint. I had tickets to see him a few years ago, but he got sick with a respiratory problem. He has since retired from performing.

Tenor Madness from the same period is another one to get. I love all his stuff from the 50s and 60s, especially the stuff on Blue Note, Riverside, Prestige, Contemporary. All great stuff. The two Contemporarty titles, Way Out West and The Contemporary Leaders are great. Plenty of stuff out there though.
Thanks,I will check those ones out.👍🏿

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
no quarter is offline  
post #42620 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,555
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Thanks,I will check those ones out.👍🏿
This is the kinda of stuff I like TIDAL for. I plan to switch over to Qobuz, now that it's available in the US. They are supposed to have a better selection of jazz and classical.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
RaceTripper is offline  
post #42621 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Wow!,I am at work,listening on my headphones,but from the first five seconds on “Way out west”,the sound is stunning.I will definitely be looking into downloading that album...to play on my NDS.


Have a listen folks.

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
no quarter is offline  
post #42622 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,555
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Wow!,I am at work,listening on my headphones,but from the first five seconds on “Way out west”,the sound is stunning.I will definitely be looking into downloading that album...to play on my NDS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5rCZcTfr2s

Have a listen folks.
Anything recorded/mastered by Roy DuNann at Contemporary will have amazing sound. His work is legendary.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
RaceTripper is offline  
post #42623 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Wow!,I am at work,listening on my headphones,but from the first five seconds on “Way out west”,the sound is stunning.I will definitely be looking into downloading that album...to play on my NDS.


Have a listen folks.
What headphones you use?
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
post #42624 of 47373 Old 03-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
andrex99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Dynaudio Owner's Thread


This was played on Dynaudio demo, pretty nice to check it out. Norwegian Musician and songwriter.
Anette Askvik, Liberty
OctaDyn_Dude and no quarter like this.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter

Last edited by andrex99; 03-09-2019 at 02:54 PM.
andrex99 is online now  
post #42625 of 47373 Old 03-10-2019, 12:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Back in Asia for now
Posts: 3,741
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1774 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimeloyo View Post
For those s40 owners. Which amp and dac are you using? Which one would you recomend?


Recently, I bought a s40 pair. I'm runnig them with a Marantz pm6006 at moderate volume. The set sounds good for me in my 16m2 room. But I read everywhere these monitors need more muscle. So sometimes I wonder if I'm missing something...If I could get more detail, dynamic or soundstage with another amp....

Preferibly I'm looking for an integrated amp+dac. My options are:
Hegel Rost
NAD C368 or C388(Do I need 150w?)
Moon 240i Neo

Also my local dealer is offering me the Primare i15 or i25 (class D) as a good match
I use mine with a Marantz PM 11 S3, sounds great. When I hooked them up to a Cambridge Audi Edge A, it went up another level... really sweet stuff..
petetherock is offline  
post #42626 of 47373 Old 03-10-2019, 04:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KenM10759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central MA USA
Posts: 6,045
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3656 Post(s)
Liked: 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Love Tedeschi /Trucks band...their performance on the Eric Clapton crossroads blue ray is EPIC....especially “Midnight in Harlem”...that guitar solo,one of the best ever,almost brings me to tears,it’s that good.🤧
That's a particularly good performance of the song, and it's a well-written one.

For me, the most moving performance they had done was from the 2007 Crossroads DVD, the song "Anyday." I can't seem to find that song recorded on any of their studio albums which appear on Tidal HiFi, and that may be a case of they weren't yet recording as The Tedeschi-Trucks Band. Just prior to the time of that show it was Susan Tedeschi as a solo artist, and The Derek Trucks Band.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, E.A.T. C-Major TT w/Ortofon Quintet Blue cart.
KenM10759 is offline  
post #42627 of 47373 Old 03-10-2019, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,258
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1497 Post(s)
Liked: 1047
@no quarter - one of my favorite jazz artists is Thelonious Monk. I also really like Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Benny Goodman all great musicians. Don’t forget Buddy Rich - he is one of the most influential drummers of all time (as a very amateur drummer myself this guy rocks), his speed, power and technique is simply amazing, drum solos are awesome.
no quarter and yonson like this.
callas01 is online now  
post #42628 of 47373 Old 03-10-2019, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,258
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1497 Post(s)
Liked: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Regarding Mark Knopfler...apparently he is coming to Toronto,to play this show,in an intimate venue,but the tickets are over 250 US dollars.By the time you factor in travel,hotel,etc....you are looking at over 600 bucks to see the show.Incredible what it costs to see a live show these days.
Probably not up many people’s alley here but wife and I are seeing Death Cab for Cutie this summer $68 each ticket at the Hollywood Bowl, pretty nice seats too! Hotel and food, idk maybe $150.... how much do you mofos drink?? LOL (John)

My wife’s taking my daughters to see Ariana Grande in May that was pretty expensive, and the damn concerts on a Monday! I’m taking my son to Disneyland for the day instead.

What bothers me the most about these 2 concerts is that - one writes all their drums, guitar/bass, lyrics, helps produce and engineer their own music and you can get in for fairly cheap. While the other.... has mostly had her music written for her (I know the most recent album she’s actually put way more effort into) but the damn tickets are so much more expensive! Oh well it was a Christmas gift so I hope the girls enjoy it!
callas01 is online now  
post #42629 of 47373 Old 03-10-2019, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Regarding Mark Knopfler...apparently he is coming to Toronto,to play this show,in an intimate venue,but the tickets are over 250 US dollars.By the time you factor in travel,hotel,etc....you are looking at over 600 bucks to see the show.Incredible what it costs to see a live show these days.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/redface.gif[/IMG]
Probably not up many people’s alley here but wife and I are seeing Death Cab for Cutie this summer $68 each ticket at the Hollywood Bowl, pretty nice seats too! Hotel and food, idk maybe $150.... how much do you mofos drink?? LOL (John)
Probably too much
Tickets to the Dead are pushing $125 I had to buy 2. Hotel $200 gas $30 dinner and drinks $100+. It will be fun🤘
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
post #42630 of 47373 Old 03-10-2019, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 1,098
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Living around the Motor City I rarely go to live events anymore since most of the ones I would attend are usually downtown, and I refuse to go there when I can't "dress appropriately"...

Now that I have the C4's though I really enjoy listening to live concerts at home more than going to them anyway, way cheaper and if I need to go to the bathroom or want to grab a drink/food etc... I can hit the good ole pause button and not miss a beat
OctaDyn_Dude and Lp85253 like this.
yonson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off