Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1450 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8585Likes

post #43471 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Holy crap! How does that happen?

Well, glad it ends well. Looking forward to come F260 vs. C20 impressions!
Well... I have asked how and why so many times, and I don’t know! I’m guessing the naim spiked into DC.... blown relay or capacitor I really don’t know.

It ended better then I was expecting. WAYYY BETTER!

So far build quality is far better, there’s wood grain you can feel on the speakers, the Focus was flat and smooth, almost like vinyl in comparison. They weigh almost the same, that was surprising. Sound wise... it’s early in and I’m missing the same attack and bass weight, however spacial cues and detail is better. Finding their placement and setup is harder, definitely not a drop and forget. No toe-in is better then a tiny bit of it.
KenM10759 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43472 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Callas, those look really nice. I’ve been eyeing those on Audiogon in that finish or now another dealer is offering the same offer in walnut.

Glad, the house worked out. I moved a short while back to another place in N. CA. and every month making that larger payment I can get sick to my stomach. It’s just insane here in CA. I sold my speakers and was going to downsize but that just didn’t work. Can’t afford to play in the space I used to now with a greater mortgage and taxes.

I’m really in the up to $4k space now for mains. Too nervous to pull a trigger coming from a bit higher end. It’s really coming down to those Contours or I really really like the 40s.

I’ve also had thoughts about Martin Logan. I get an itch to try but not sure. There is a guy up the road selling a mint one year pair of Classic 9s. He will sell them as new for $2500. They are near $7k new. I have to let him know soon.

Tired of tire kicking and need to pull the trigger on something.

Congrats on the house man. Living in CA can make you pull the tums out financially.

Beautiful speakers you have.
post #43473 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 323
I think dyn was probably right and the naim was passing DC to the speakers. Just conjecture however.

Glad it turned out well though and congrats on the new house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43474 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Well Gents, I know I haven’t really talked too much lately about what’s happened with me over the past 2 months but I figure it’s time to share. 2 major events have taken place, one is completely unrelated to Dynaudio and the other is completely relevant to this forum.

First - my wife and I were one of the people that had to walk away from our house during the recession and so we have now bought a home again. ....

On the other hand, a few months back we went to Disneyland to hangout, we have annual passes so we go 1-2 times a month. This particular day when we came back to the home there was a particular smell, ....
Wow...glad you have been able to come back from losing your house. That's amazing.

So how did that happen to your gear. Was it a fault in the Naim?

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Naim Audio NDX2/XPSDR/NAC282/HCDR/NAP250DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum REL R-328 x 2
post #43475 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Liked: 860
Quote:
Well... I have asked how and why so many times, and I don’t know! I’m guessing the naim spiked into DC.... blown relay or capacitor I really don’t know.

It ended better then I was expecting. WAYYY BETTER!

So far build quality is far better, there’s wood grain you can feel on the speakers, the Focus was flat and smooth, almost like vinyl in comparison. They weigh almost the same, that was surprising. Sound wise... it’s early in and I’m missing the same attack and bass weight, however spacial cues and detail is better. Finding their placement and setup is harder, definitely not a drop and forget. No toe-in is better then a tiny bit of it.
Technically that's Naim fault, but Dynaudio/Tyler handled it correctly, as trying to prove that it was Naims fault would have been a daunting task. Never heard of a new piece of equipment causing that kind of problem, rare occasion I hope. Congrats on new home and new speakers, I love the Contour 20's and and the new stands as well, great sounding and looking speaker! I got unlucky and lucky at the same time back in 2008 when the recession hit, got laid off but the company had to buy me out as another company came in and bought us, so walked away with 100K and found another job quickly, so instead of investing that money in a very volatile market we invested it in a Lake House and so far it has paid off. First son graduating this weekend, and middle son is becoming a Skiing and Track start, now on the USSA developmental team, and just got a PR in Track of 4:38 for the mile, shave about another 10-20 sec off that time and maybe a track scholarship! lol one can only hope, hence me being more reasonable on what speakers to get, got the best of both worlds, great Confidence Platinum C2's and new Contour 20, both finishes I love. Very sorry to hear about your 260's but glad you were able to replace them with something you like! In my case mine sound better toed in, but of course Dynaudio says you need to experiment with your room acoustics etc.. Sorry to hear about your issue, did they take the Contour 260 back? If not maybe they can be re-built..

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
post #43476 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
Callas, those look really nice. I’ve been eyeing those on Audiogon in that finish or now another dealer is offering the same offer in walnut.

Glad, the house worked out. I moved a short while back to another place in N. CA. and every month making that larger payment I can get sick to my stomach. It’s just insane here in CA. I sold my speakers and was going to downsize but that just didn’t work. Can’t afford to play in the space I used to now with a greater mortgage and taxes.

I’m really in the up to $4k space now for mains. Too nervous to pull a trigger coming from a bit higher end. It’s really coming down to those Contours or I really really like the 40s.

I’ve also had thoughts about Martin Logan. I get an itch to try but not sure. There is a guy up the road selling a mint one year pair of Classic 9s. He will sell them as new for $2500. They are near $7k new. I have to let him know soon.

Tired of tire kicking and need to pull the trigger on something.

Congrats on the house man. Living in CA can make you pull the tums out financially.

Beautiful speakers you have.
Yea CA living is overrated. To damn expensive. To many taxes. Too many people.

FWIW - this is our old house the new one is actually undergoing a remodel, I’ll post some before and after pics once we get the first of the projects completed.

So far the Contours are very nice we will see what happens over the next couple weeks. They’re big and heavy and I’m guessing ultimately they’ll play better then the S40s would.
yonson likes this.
post #43477 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
Wow...glad you have been able to come back from losing your house. That's amazing.

So how did that happen to your gear. Was it a fault in the Naim?
Thanks Dean!

I don’t know how it happened still a question no ones answered. Even Tyler asked Audio Plus but they never answered him that I know of. As he told me, “I’ve sold hundreds of these New Uniti products I want to make sure I’m not going to have a massive problem.”
post #43478 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Dean!

I don’t know how it happened still a question no ones answered. Even Tyler asked Audio Plus but they never answered him that I know of. As he told me, “I’ve sold hundreds of these New Uniti products I want to make sure I’m not going to have a massive problem.”
Yeah, weird problem. I don't think I've ever heard of a similar issue with the new Uniti line on the Naim forums.

My Naim gear has been pretty much bullet proof over the years. The one exception is my old ND5-XS has some weird fault where it thinks it has an external PSU connected when I power on (I don't, so it's complaining that I also have thee mains connected). Re-cycling the power usually clears it. It's at Audio Plus for repair. Meanwhile I bought a NDX2 and will sell the ND5-XS when it comes back.

post #43479 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
Yeah, weird problem. I don't think I've ever heard of a similar issue with the new Uniti line on the Naim forums.

My Naim gear has been pretty much bullet proof over the years. The one exception is my old ND5-XS has some weird fault where it thinks it has an external PSU connected when I power on (I don't, so it's complaining that I also have thee mains connected). Re-cycling the power usually clears it. It's at Audio Plus for repair. Meanwhile I bought a NDX2 and will sell the ND5-XS when it comes back.
Well I’m hoping it never happens to me or anyone else again because the experience (while it worked out decently enough) is a PITA.

The NDX2 is getting great reviews. Congrats
RaceTripper likes this.
post #43480 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2005 Post(s)
Liked: 2157
Quote:
Well I’m hoping it never happens to me or anyone else again because the experience (while it worked out decently enough) is a PITA.

The NDX2 is getting great reviews. Congrats
That's crazy dude. Luckily nothing caught on fire and you got a little upgrade...haha.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL T/9i | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #43481 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Well Gents, I know I haven’t really talked too much lately about what’s happened with me over the past 2 months but I figure it’s time to share. 2 major events have taken place, one is completely unrelated to Dynaudio and the other is completely relevant to this forum.

First - my wife and I were one of the people that had to walk away from our house during the recession and so we have now bought a home again. Saving money while raising 3 kids can be tough, especially house purchase money - in California. Haha. Anyways we were able to buy a home in the Orange Crest area which has the best schools and is the higher end area of Riverside. I’m talking homes less then a block away go for 3/4 mil and a couple blocks down 1-1.5mil. It’s crazy as people use to live in Riverside because it was affordable and you’d work in LA or O.C. Now people are buying in places like Beaumont or Banning and Hemet to find affordable homes. In any case, we were fortunate to find a $400k fixer upper (haha yea you read that) and are investing almost $30k in home improvements. Which is awesome as we will raise our home value to $450k in just 45 days of owning the home. Many of the homes in my neighborhood appraise around $475-500k, so in a few years we will complete upgrades on the kitchen, 2nd full bath upstairs and redo the downstairs flooring and we should be well into that range. For now we concentrated on the upstairs master bath (remodel), all upstairs flooring, new water heater & dishwasher, patio sliding door, new garage door, vinyl fence for the back & side yards, and repainting the exterior of the home. We also purchased new furniture for both living and family rooms and a bedroom set for the wife and I and a bed for my oldest. We are doing the interior painting in the upcoming weeks ourselves with the help of our parents. Once it’s all complete I’ll share some before and after pics.

On the other hand, a few months back we went to Disneyland to hangout, we have annual passes so we go 1-2 times a month. This particular day when we came back to the home there was a particular smell, I went to the kitchen thinking something was left on, wife ran upstairs to check her hair straightener, but neither were on. So as we were preparing to make dinner I went to turn on the Naim Uniti Star for some background music to discover it was not turning on. After 10 mins of playing with it, I texted Tyler of Next Level A&V and was like what the f-! So I rerouted the speakers to my Marantz AVR after dinner and proceeded to just hang with the wife and watch something. But discovered that the speakers sounded very faint. I pulled the grill off the left front, and saw the woofers were melted and the smell.... that’s where the smell came from! Took off the right grill and it seemed ok. Texted Tyler again. He was in shock, he’d never seen that in his time as an audiophile or dealer. So he told me, I’ll get you RMAs and we will send the items back to each manufacturer/distributor. Now my Naim was under warranty, the Dyns... may have just expired or coming up on expiring. Well within 48 hrs of Naim looking at my unit they shipped me a brand new one. Dynaudio needed to contact Denmark for parts, costs and availability; the short of this is that they were were willing to repair them, or allow me to upgrade to something else. Details will remain with myself and Tyler but I can only say that everyone involved especially Tyler and Dynaudio were amazing. Dynaudio even said to me once that well “something upstream caused this”. To me that could have meant, this isn’t our problem. However Mick and Tyler came up with a few solutions, 260s repaired, or upgrade to a Contour product. I took the “equity” towards a pair of Ivory Oak Contour 20s.

Dynaudio (Mick) @dynlunatic and Next Level (Tyler) @tmuller I thank you both for very much for helping me get through this situation and making whatever sacrifices needed to help me out. When people talk about customer service they need to talk about what Dynaudio and Next Level have done. Excellent, excellent service and I’m glad I’ve chosen to partner with such great people and companies.
Outstanding Steve! Congrats! On house and speakers. Dynaudio and Next Level have both been great to work with on my end too. Hell Mick had my XEO 3 repaired I bought secondhand and not under warranty. Tyler goes without saying how easy he makes it to work with him.

Last edited by Spurrier Sucks; 05-31-2019 at 10:54 AM.
post #43482 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to emflorence
Big help needed... low frequency drivers not working - Focus 600xd

Last week my speakers decided to not reproduce the low frequency spectrum. I thought inittialy it should be a problem with my NAIM NDX, although this week i could test it with another gear and it seems that the problem is withing the speakers.

Both channels do not reproduce any sound at all from the low frequency drivers. It seems that i have at home a very very expensive handheld speaker...

Do any of you guys can offer me some advice? I tried reinstalling firmware, resetting, etc... and nothing help.

I guess I will have to send it for maintenance... or can you offerm me some advice? For maintenance I will have to send it to Sao Paulo, 500km away from my city. If there is any diagnosis that can be done to help solve the problem, I would be gratefull to knowing it.

Regards,
Eduardo.

My system:
Mains: Dynaudio Focus 600XD, Central: Dynaudio Focus 220c, Surround: Dynaudio Audience 42
Pre-processor: Power Amplifier: Krell S1500/5
Fonts: Simaudio Moon MiND 180, AppleTV 2, Squeezebox Touch
post #43483 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
. I pulled the grill off the left front, and saw the woofers were melted and the smell.... that’s where the smell came from! Took off the right grill and it seemed ok. Texted Tyler again. He was in shock, he’d never seen that in his time as an audiophile or dealer. So he told me, I’ll get you RMAs and we will send the items back to each manufacturer/distributor. Now my Naim was under warranty, the Dyns... may have just expired or coming up on expiring. Well within 48 hrs of Naim looking at my unit they shipped me a brand new one. Dynaudio needed to contact Denmark for parts, costs and availability; the short of this is that they were were willing to repair them, or allow me to upgrade to something else. Details will remain with myself and Tyler but I can only say that everyone involved especially Tyler and Dynaudio were amazing. Dynaudio even said to me once that well “something upstream caused this”. To me that could have meant, this isn’t our problem. However Mick and Tyler came up with a few solutions, 260s repaired, or upgrade to a Contour product. I took the “equity” towards a pair of Ivory Oak Contour 20s.

Dynaudio (Mick) @dynlunatic and Next Level (Tyler) @tmuller I thank you both for very much for helping me get through this situation and making whatever sacrifices needed to help me out. When people talk about customer service they need to talk about what Dynaudio and Next Level have done. Excellent, excellent service and I’m glad I’ve chosen to partner with such great people and companies.

WTH happened there? I am shocked too coud this have been something with the electrical?

Anyhow glad all worked out great for you in the end Steve and enjoy that new pair of Contour 20 in the new house, they are wonderful speakers for sure. How many hours on them so far?

Edit: Oh and Change that Avatar Can't wait to see the remodel on the new house.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''

Last edited by BigAl87; 05-31-2019 at 12:44 PM.
post #43484 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
WTH happened there? I am shocked too coud this have been something with the electrical?

Anyhow glad all worked out great for you in the end Steve and enjoy that new pair of Contour 20 in the new house, they are wonderful speakers for sure. How many hours on them so far?

Edit: Oh and Change that Avatar Can't wait to see the remodel on the new house.
I contacted the electric company and they of course had “no voltage fluctuations that day”.

At the time of the picture they had 20 mins, right now they have like 3 hrs unless my kids have been watching tv all day (summer break started today). Hopefully the kids break them in before we move in 3 weeks!
post #43485 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1582 Post(s)
Liked: 830
Eduardo
I would try running them wireless if you can,just to eliminate the possibility that it is cable related.I have no clue what is going on otherwise. Power everything down, check connections...

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #43486 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by emflorence View Post
Last week my speakers decided to not reproduce the low frequency spectrum. I thought inittialy it should be a problem with my NAIM NDX, although this week i could test it with another gear and it seems that the problem is withing the speakers.

Both channels do not reproduce any sound at all from the low frequency drivers. It seems that i have at home a very very expensive handheld speaker...

Do any of you guys can offer me some advice? I tried reinstalling firmware, resetting, etc... and nothing help.

I guess I will have to send it for maintenance... or can you offerm me some advice? For maintenance I will have to send it to Sao Paulo, 500km away from my city. If there is any diagnosis that can be done to help solve the problem, I would be gratefull to knowing it.

Regards,
Eduardo.
Did this happen with both speakers at the same time? If I remember there are 3 or 4 separate amps in each speaker. I'm guessing 1 or 2 amps are out but why on both speakers has me confused. Have you unplugged the speakers overnight? With the speakers off have you tried pushing the bass drivers in by hand to feel if something isn't right like a rubbing/scraping sound or if they are hard to push in.
post #43487 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Yea CA living is overrated. To damn expensive. To many taxes. Too many people.

FWIW - this is our old house the new one is actually undergoing a remodel, I’ll post some before and after pics once we get the first of the projects completed.

So far the Contours are very nice we will see what happens over the next couple weeks. They’re big and heavy and I’m guessing ultimately they’ll play better then the S40s would.
That's why I got out of CA the first chance I got back in 2015, I had been trying to buy a house since 2012 and every time I had enough saved up for a down payment the prices had jumped another 50 - 100k (LA area) and I had to save more... I was offered a position back East making a little more $$$ and now my mortgage is less than my rent was and I was able to finally buy some Dyn's
post #43488 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
I contacted the electric company and they of course had “no voltage fluctuations that day”.

At the time of the picture they had 20 mins, right now they have like 3 hrs unless my kids have been watching tv all day (summer break started today). Hopefully the kids break them in before we move in 3 weeks!

Well thankfully all went well, always nice to have great service and happy you get to own the new Contours. All the best hope all goes well during the move.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
post #43489 of 44000 Old 05-31-2019, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1582 Post(s)
Liked: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Did this happen with both speakers at the same time? If I remember there are 3 or 4 separate amps in each speaker. I'm guessing 1 or 2 amps are out but why on both speakers has me confused. Have you unplugged the speakers overnight? With the speakers off have you tried pushing the bass drivers in by hand to feel if something isn't right like a rubbing/scraping sound or if they are hard to push in.
Yes George, it does seem odd that both speakers are not outputting bass. They should be still under warranty anyway. I worked in Brazil (São Paulo) for three months in 2009, and one thing I did notice, the Hydro lines are really shoddy looking, hanging everywhere it seems.
Possibly some kind of power surge might of hit them, but I would contact my dealer right away.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #43490 of 44000 Old 06-01-2019, 03:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by emflorence View Post

Regards,
Eduardo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Yes George, it does seem odd that both speakers are not outputting bass. They should be still under warranty anyway. I worked in Brazil (São Paulo) for three months in 2009, and one thing I did notice, the Hydro lines are really shoddy looking, hanging everywhere it seems.
Possibly some kind of power surge might of hit them, but I would contact my dealer right away.
Edwardo were you playing music at the time when the speakers lost its bass output? Did anything else like electronic like a clock have a problem?

If it was due to a sag or surge in the power you may want to invest in a re-generator that regulates power. Back when I had the Octave V70se I noticed a fan that would sometimes slow down then speed up. So I used a volt meter and found my input voltage fluctuated from 113V to 129V. So I invested in a power re-generator. I got a PurePower 1500. Its output was a steady 120V. I'm not recommending that brand because of all the bad reviews I read on the A'gon forums. That said I had no problems with mine in the 3 years I had it. I tested mine and found it kept my music playing for about 45 min before the batteries drained to a point where the unit shut down. In the end the power companies transformer that supplied my house went out and had to be replaced. After that my input voltage was a steady 124V.
post #43491 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Liked: 860
Glad one graduate is done! We did 2 parties one at a place that does events, it went well. But then we had another with about 50 closer friends and family over and had it in my new basement, I was smart and removed my Contour 20s and put them in my locked office! However as the night went out people started putting drinks and other crap on my Confidence C2s and equipment, and my Blood Pressure was starting to boil over! I said to my one cousin, kind of like sitting on the hood of your Jaguar, you just don't do dumb s h i t at other peoples expense! Glad to report, so far other than a few marked up walls, speakers came out unscathed! LOL

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
post #43492 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Glad one graduate is done! We did 2 parties one at a place that does events, it went well. But then we had another with about 50 closer friends and family over and had it in my new basement, I was smart and removed my Contour 20s and put them in my locked office! However as the night went out people started putting drinks and other crap on my Confidence C2s and equipment, and my Blood Pressure was starting to boil over! I said to my one cousin, kind of like sitting on the hood of your Jaguar, you just don't do dumb s h i t at other peoples expense! Glad to report, so far other than a few marked up walls, speakers came out unscathed! LOL
Congrats!! That’s awesome!

With the white speakers I have now I would have flipped out.

Speaking of white... the Ivory Oak is visually stunning to see in person!! You don’t just see wood grains, you can feel the wood grains. I caught my oldest daughter and wife running their hands over then top of them and I hear “don’t tell your dad how much we like them tho.” And my middle child she said when are you gonna change this one (210C)? It looks cheap.” LOL.
post #43493 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 677
The first Dynaudio speakers I ever heard were my dealer's Ivory Oak Contour 20's. They were gorgeous indeed and built like a tank. Soundwise, they were a little too soft for my tastes but absolutely smooth and fatigue-free. I know it sounds crazy, but I actually preferred the cheaper Excites (no S40's or Emits available at the time.)

I would have been very happy with them.

Speakers: M040 | M16 | LS50 | Reva-2| BM5 mk3 | X18 | X14
Sub: VTF-2 mk5
Amps: HK 3490 | TSR-7810

Last edited by l0nestar8; 06-03-2019 at 11:06 AM.
post #43494 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
My C2s are piano black. I would never allow anything to go on them.

post #43495 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2005 Post(s)
Liked: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0nestar8 View Post
The first Dynaudio speakers I ever heard were my dealer's Ivory Oak Contour 20's. They were gorgeous indeed and built like a tank. Soundwise, they were a little too soft for my tastes but absolutely smooth and fatigue-free. I know it sounds crazy, but I actually preferred the cheaper Excites (no S40's or Emits available at the time.)

I would have been very happy with them.
Contour 20 are very neutral. Maybe too neutral for some. I think they are brilliant and sound incredible with high end front end gear. You really don't know what they are capable of with just mediocre gear.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL T/9i | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #43496 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Contour 20 are very neutral. Maybe too neutral for some. I think they are brilliant and sound incredible with high end front end gear. You really don't know what they are capable of with just mediocre gear.
I've always felt like my Contour S3.4 and Confidence C2 platinum have a very neutral presentation. Ditto for my Naim gear driving them.

post #43497 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
I’m gonna wait until I feel the C20s are broken in completely and once they’re in the new room and I’m use to both the room and speakers before I give a full “review” of them.

In the meantime, for those that own C20s, what’s your speaker positioning like? Distance from back walls, side walls, seated position distance and height? Room size? Toe-in or none?

Thanks
post #43498 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
I’m gonna wait until I feel the C20s are broken in completely and once they’re in the new room and I’m use to both the room and speakers before I give a full “review” of them.

In the meantime, for those that own C20s, what’s your speaker positioning like? Distance from back walls, side walls, seated position distance and height? Room size? Toe-in or none?

Thanks

Mine were roughly 11.5ft apart, 13ft to MLP, toe in roughly 24” behind my seated position. I was 38” from front of speaker to wall. Side was less on one side due to room and open to other side. Sounded phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.

Sony XBR-65A1E, XBR-55A1E, Marantz AV8805, AV7704
Naim SN2, Hi-Cap DR, ND5XS2, Naim Unity Core, Emotiva XPA-9, A-5175
Dynaudio Contour 30, Focus 210C, IC17, S4-W80, Emit 10, 2X JTR S1, SVS SB-2000
Panasonic UBD-820, Bluesound Node 2i, Ansuz Mainz C2 Power Distribution,X Power and speaker cables

Last edited by jnelson2000; 06-03-2019 at 12:14 PM.
post #43499 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
Mine were roughly 11.5ft apart, 13ft to MLP, toe in roughly 24” behind my seated position. I was 38” from front of speaker to wall. Side was less on one side due to room and open to other side. Sounded phenomenal.

Awesome thanks!!

Question, I see a sub in the photo there, did you integrate the sub for 2-ch? As stand alone speakers how did you feel the bass response was?
post #43500 of 44000 Old 06-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Awesome thanks!!

Question, I see a sub in the photo there, did you integrate the sub for 2-ch? As stand alone speakers how did you feel the bass response was?

Never felt the need to add a sub for 2 channel in my room. It got plenty low.

Sony XBR-65A1E, XBR-55A1E, Marantz AV8805, AV7704
Naim SN2, Hi-Cap DR, ND5XS2, Naim Unity Core, Emotiva XPA-9, A-5175
Dynaudio Contour 30, Focus 210C, IC17, S4-W80, Emit 10, 2X JTR S1, SVS SB-2000
Panasonic UBD-820, Bluesound Node 2i, Ansuz Mainz C2 Power Distribution,X Power and speaker cables
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page