Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1454 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8838Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #43591 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
How can you judge the sound of Hi-Fi system by listening to youtube video?
With my ears...I-pad>Chord mojo>Sennheiser Momentum’s.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.

Last edited by no quarter; 06-20-2019 at 05:56 AM.
no quarter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43592 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,377
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
With my ears...I-pad>Chord mojo>Sennheiser Momentum’s.
and then everything on Youtiube sounds just like I-pad>Chord mojo>Sennheiser Momentum

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Naim Audio NDX2/XPS-DR/NAC-282/SuperCap-DR/NAP-250DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum REL R-328 x 2
RaceTripper is offline  
post #43593 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
and then everything on Youtiube sounds just like I-pad>Chord mojo>Sennheiser Momentum
Actually no it does not, there are very distinct differences in different videos. I have heard a Blu2/Dave in person many times at my dealers home. The combo has a very natural distinct, analog like sound, and I DO hear it on that video. I have watched plenty of videos that sound bad, harsh,shrill, usually makes me turn it off right away. Obviously you need to hear the gear in person, but I really believe I hear the difference when something sounds good or bad through my headphone setup.

Scarlett Johansen is hot when I see her on my TV, not in person, but I KNOW she is hot .
Soulburner likes this.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
no quarter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43594 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,377
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Actually no it does not, there are very distinct differences in different videos. I have heard a Blu2/Dave in person many times at my dealers home. The combo has a very natural distinct, analog like sound, and I DO hear it on that video. I have watched plenty of videos that sound bad, harsh,shrill, usually makes me turn it off right away. Obviously you need to hear the gear in person, but I really believe I hear the difference when something sounds good or bad through my headphone setup.

Scarlett Johansen is hot when I see her on my TV, not in person, but I KNOW she is hot .
I'm a skeptic about gleaning anything very useful/reliable about any system from a Youtube video. There is plenty in the chain that can distort/alter/change the audio for worse or better. If something sounds "bad, harsh,shrill" it might have nothing to do with the system and everything to do with recording and delivery of the audio. But if you find value in it that's great. I personally don't bother with it.
CruelInventions likes this.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Naim Audio NDX2/XPS-DR/NAC-282/SuperCap-DR/NAP-250DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum REL R-328 x 2
RaceTripper is offline  
post #43595 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,060
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Actually no it does not, there are very distinct differences in different videos. I have heard a Blu2/Dave in person many times at my dealers home. The combo has a very natural distinct, analog like sound, and I DO hear it on that video. I have watched plenty of videos that sound bad, harsh,shrill, usually makes me turn it off right away. Obviously you need to hear the gear in person, but I really believe I hear the difference when something sounds good or bad through my headphone setup.

Scarlett Johansen is hot when I see her on my TV, not in person, but I KNOW she is hot .
Whose Scarlett Johansen? Lol

.....Johansson
callas01 is offline  
post #43596 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Delija: You really can't, unless you have some type of superb recording equipment!

Speaking of Speakers, I would put this on my short list, as they have been getting rave reviews!

https://kudosaudio.com/wp-content/up...?c31cb2&c31cb2

On another note:

DYI project, Dynaudio Car speakers left over from an old car, into a used BMW (inherited a mint condition X3) with new Navi unit is my summer project with kid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oTVOFaD_K50

Last pic is for no quarter! LOL Scarlet Johansson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01717_bfIuKyxuYhg_1200x900.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	2582498   Click image for larger version

Name:	00707_hgccuSQRgsp_1200x900.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	2582500   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	2582502   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640-1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	2582504   Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BMTM3OTUwMDYwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUyNzc3Nw@@._V1_.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	723.0 KB
ID:	2582510  

no quarter likes this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 06-20-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #43597 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Whose Scarlett Johansen? Lol

.....Johansson
You know who I mean ...Guys, The Forum was dead for a few days, i did not intend to cause such an uproar.My main point was, where the hell are the videos like this of the Confidence line?

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
no quarter is offline  
post #43598 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
You know who I mean ...Guys, The Forum was dead for a few days, i did not intend to cause such an uproar.My main point was, where the hell are the videos like this of the Confidence line?
Well at the rate of what the forum was doing we could re-naim it! The NAIM Forum! LOL


<<<<<<< French version, with some Coffee and Chocolates!



"Yes, Dynaudio’s Confidence 20 is among the upper echelon of standmount speakers price-wise. However, consider the collective elements in its construction and design, the superb drivers, the highly-developed baffle/cabinet construction and the excellent specifications and you’ll no doubt realise that, when looking for a top-shelf, upmarket standmount speaker, you’d be committing a crime against your love of music if you were to neglect auditioning this most extraordinary, nay, glorious loudspeaker creation." Right from their own website <<<<<<< The only crime committed is creating a speaker and not releasing it correctly! Frankly I lost interest, but I am sure some butt wipe is going to say it's better without doing any direct comparison whatsoever, as this is done in this industry at laughable levels.
willng001 likes this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is offline  
post #43599 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Wrong language...and NO music playing, that I can dissect with my golden ears through my headphones.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
no quarter is offline  
post #43600 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,377
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Well at the rate of what the forum was doing we could re-naim it! The NAIM Forum! LOL

...
I bought a Naim HiLine DIN IC last night. I plan to compare with the Nordiost Heimdall and then consider which one I keep.

I blame the wine for that purchase. LOL

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Naim Audio NDX2/XPS-DR/NAC-282/SuperCap-DR/NAP-250DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum REL R-328 x 2
RaceTripper is offline  
post #43601 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 07:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I have four Heimdall 2 cables, two digital and two analog for my 600’s...but right now I am using the analog cables out of my NDS to my Cary Cinema 12. Really happy with mine, but I did not do any extensive comparisons with other cables. I also have a Heimdall 2 speaker cable on my Confidence Center. They definitely are not cheap, but Nordost makes crazy expensive ones that I would never consider buying. (Odin).
Just wondering. You own a good variation of speakers, so what do you find yourself listening to and enjoying the most? Do you plan to move some on at some point? I mean....there is only so much time in the day for music, right?
Make Em' Dance is offline  
post #43602 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 07:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post

DYI project, Dynaudio Car speakers left over from an old car, into a used BMW (inherited a mint condition X3) with new Navi unit is my summer project with kid!
You are definitely going to have to do some extensive fab to get that three way Esotec set in. I'd sell that set off and buy a USED set of Esotar 650's, Esotar 110's, and install a processor. Easier install and much more control to tune the system. Keep us updated. I'm a car audio guy still as well. SQ these days of course.
Make Em' Dance is offline  
post #43603 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 07:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 30
@no quarter - There is a small demo at the end of this video. No Chord gear though.

Make Em' Dance is offline  
post #43604 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Make Em' Dance: I posted a similar unboxing video and someone else did a while back ago. I call that a teaser, which you know have taken a very long time to reach the US shores. &#x1f633; I am with you on the install, my friend who use to do car installs said the same thing today. No worries I have a few other options.

https://youtu.be/nBROP9wBMgE

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 06-20-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #43605 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 08:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
Just wondering. You own a good variation of speakers, so what do you find yourself listening to and enjoying the most? Do you plan to move some on at some point? I mean....there is only so much time in the day for music, right?
Funny you should ask, I made a call last Friday to the dealer I got my NDS from (near Toronto) to ask if he would be interested in trading any of my speakers in on a Chord Hugo TT2, since he has them in his store. He said to leave it with him for a bit, so he can do some research...I was planning on calling him back tomorrow or Monday. Right now, I basically listen to my XD’s one day, Sopra’s the next and continue flipping back and forth.Both are set up in the same room. I also mentioned my Confidence Center, he had no interest in that, he is a high end 2 channel B&M store basically.
He took my 272/250 on trade for my NDS, so he does that sort of thing...my local dealer will take trades, but is semi retired,so does not like to keep much inventory on hand. I can go either way really, just need to simplify my audio footprint, it looks like a dealer showroom in my living room right now.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
no quarter is offline  
post #43606 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 08:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
@no quarter - There is a small demo at the end of this video. No Chord gear though.

https://youtu.be/dcwGcuvbjOA
Oh great,finally a video of them playing music...sound a little bright through my headphones though, might be the Hegel.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
no quarter is offline  
post #43607 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,377
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
You are definitely going to have to do some extensive fab to get that three way Esotec set in. I'd sell that set off and buy a USED set of Esotar 650's, Esotar 110's, and install a processor. Easier install and much more control to tune the system. Keep us updated. I'm a car audio guy still as well. SQ these days of course.
It's too bad that I just sold the pair of Esotar2 110 I had used in my S3.4s yesterday. I would rather they have gone to a fellow forum member.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Naim Audio NDX2/XPS-DR/NAC-282/SuperCap-DR/NAP-250DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum REL R-328 x 2
RaceTripper is offline  
post #43608 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 08:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Funny you should ask, I made a call last Friday to the dealer I got my NDS from (near Toronto) to ask if he would be interested in trading any of my speakers in on a Chord Hugo TT2, since he has them in his store. He said to leave it with him for a bit, so he can do some research...I was planning on calling him back tomorrow or Monday. Right now, I basically listen to my XD’s one day, Sopra’s the next and continue flipping back and forth.Both are set up in the same room. I also mentioned my Confidence Center, he had no interest in that, he is a high end 2 channel B&M store basically.
He took my 272/250 on trade for my NDS, so he does that sort of thing...my local dealer will take trades, but is semi retired,so does not like to keep much inventory on hand. I can go either way really, just need to simplify my audio footprint, it looks like a dealer showroom in my living room right now.

So are you thinking that whatever he is willing to accept is what you will let go? You don't prefer to keep one over the other? Forgive me for being nosey. I'm just interested in what you prefer as it seems like you've had those XD's for quite some time and should have a handle on whether or not they could be the main and only speaker for you.

I've never heard the XD's, but have heard the XEO's (5 and 6) numerous times. The XEO's always sounded good, but not great. Digital sounding (clean but edgy), and not relaxed and refined to me.
Make Em' Dance is offline  
post #43609 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
So are you thinking that whatever he is willing to accept is what you will let go? You don't prefer to keep one over the other? Forgive me for being nosey. I'm just interested in what you prefer as it seems like you've had those XD's for quite some time and should have a handle on whether or not they could be the main and only speaker for you.

I've never heard the XD's, but have heard the XEO's (5 and 6) numerous times. The XEO's always sounded good, but not great. Digital sounding (clean but edgy), and not relaxed and refined to me.
Yes kind of what you said, depends on what I can get the better deal with really. The Sopra’s would be my choice to keep, for a few reasons...the XD’s are not as refined sounding like you say, the Sopra’s work better at low volume (which I need in an apartment) ,I want to try driving the Sopra’s directly off the TT2, I prefer their look. The XD’s play loud, loud enough to get me evicted from here, but I can never use that if I stay here.The price of real-estate has sky rocketed so much here, that it is much more economical for me to stay in this apartment, I am 54 in August, hate cutting grass and doing yard work (always have), so I want the best sounding system I can get with the option of using headphones too, in all these scenarios, the Sopra’s just make more sense.But, I will not give either one away, realistically, I know what I paid for each set of speakers, don’ t expect to get anywhere near that now, but I also have no problem just hanging on to both sets, if no deal can be made. The guy was fair when I dealt with him last time, so I will know more soon enough.
willng001 likes this.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
no quarter is offline  
post #43610 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,377
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Yes kind of what you said, depends on what I can get the better deal with really. The Sopra’s would be my choice to keep, for a few reasons...the XD’s are not as refined sounding like you say, the Sopra’s work better at low volume (which I need in an apartment) ,I want to try driving the Sopra’s directly off the TT2, I prefer their look. The XD’s play loud, loud enough to get me evicted from here, but I can never use that if I stay here.The price of real-estate has sky rocketed so much here, that it is much more economical for me to stay in this apartment, I am 54 in August, hate cutting grass and doing yard work (always have), so I want the best sounding system I can get with the option of using headphones too, in all these scenarios, the Sopra’s just make more sense.But, I will not give either one away, realistically, I know what I paid for each set of speakers, don’ t expect to get anywhere near that now, but I also have no problem just hanging on to both sets, if no deal can be made. The guy was fair when I dealt with him last time, so I will know more soon enough.
I'm 61 in August. I just love my house (2 story, 4 bedroom brick, ca. 1928...all plaster on lathe inside...walls solid AF). I also hate mowing the lawn. Pay some kid $30 twice a month to do it. Wife enjoys trimming the ivy.

I'm just building up my system while I'm still working full time and drawing a nice monthly bonus for having billable FTEs work with me at a client site. In a few years I'll retire, but hope to be down to only purchases for my vinyl collection and a very occasional phono cartridge rebuild/replacement.

I still want to acquire a Naim SuperCap and XPS-DR, but we'll see. Maybe gift myself a pair of Confidence 30 right before I retire.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Naim Audio NDX2/XPS-DR/NAC-282/SuperCap-DR/NAP-250DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum REL R-328 x 2
RaceTripper is offline  
post #43611 of 44563 Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
I'm 61 in August. I just love my house (2 story, 4 bedroom brick, ca. 1928...all plaster on lathe inside...walls solid AF). I also hate mowing the lawn. Pay some kid $30 twice a month to do it. Wife enjoys trimming the ivy.

I'm just building up my system while I'm still working full time and drawing a nice monthly bonus for having billable FTEs work with me at a client site. In a few years I'll retire, but hope to be down to only purchases for my vinyl collection and a very occasional phono cartridge rebuild/replacement.

I still want to acquire a Naim SuperCap and XPS-DR, but we'll see. Maybe gift myself a pair of Confidence 30 right before I retire.
52 here, one in College and 2 still in Middle/High School, I will just enjoy what I have, paid off all my bills, just have 2 house payments and that's it.. After second kid goes off to college, we will most likely sell the Lake House and downsize this place and find a nice Ranch Style Condo and I will sell off, most of my gear by then and just keep these Contour 20's with decent smallish type of Int/Amp etc.. Love the Confidence C2 Platinums, but eventually they will have to go, I would of course give a hell of a deal to a forum member, but they would have to come and pick them up! Just storing some decent money away, but the hell with that need to travel and see places..
KenM10759 and yonson like this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is offline  
post #43612 of 44563 Old 06-21-2019, 03:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KenM10759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central MA USA
Posts: 5,706
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
52 here, one in College and 2 still in Middle/High School, I will just enjoy what I have, paid off all my bills, just have 2 house payments and that's it.. After second kid goes off to college, we will most likely sell the Lake House and downsize this place and find a nice Ranch Style Condo and I will sell off, most of my gear by then and just keep these Contour 20's with decent smallish type of Int/Amp etc.. Love the Confidence C2 Platinums, but eventually they will have to go, I would of course give a hell of a deal to a forum member, but they would have to come and pick them up! Just storing some decent money away, but the hell with that need to travel and see places..
I like your situation, and your priorities. You seem to be well-grounded and know what's truly important in life. Gather experiences, not stuff.

Wish I'd done it a little differently, but no regrets.

The only thing I wouldn't do is a condo. Yet. My house is very-low maintenance so I don't spend but a tiny bit of time on that. My sister and her husband have a beautiful condo on a lake and the one thing they can't do is have a subwoofer or play music at anything above a very modest volume. That sucks, but they don't love music the way I do.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
KenM10759 is online now  
post #43613 of 44563 Old 06-21-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
I like your situation, and your priorities. You seem to be well-grounded and know what's truly important in life. Gather experiences, not stuff.

Wish I'd done it a little differently, but no regrets.

The only thing I wouldn't do is a condo. Yet. My house is very-low maintenance so I don't spend but a tiny bit of time on that. My sister and her husband have a beautiful condo on a lake and the one thing they can't do is have a subwoofer or play music at anything above a very modest volume. That sucks, but they don't love music the way I do.
Ken: I am with you on the condo thing, we have stand alone condo units around here... Oddest thing ever, as almost two years ago before we moved we looked at houses and was ready to buy one, much smaller and glad we didn't as our relator told us it was a stand alone condo. I didn't like the idea because we got no club house and or pool and had to pay $4500 a year. Ended up in a bigger house, with a great basement, so I will enjoy this for 10 years then worry about things later. But I am thinning the heard with gear, and love the Belles Separates but will eventually go back to a Int. Amp. I just sold a pair of KEF speaker I wasn't using and put my LS50 up in my main living room. The only way I would get the Confidence 20s, if I could get rid of my C2's and Contour 20's but I would need to at least year the Contour and Confidence 20's side by side... Otherwise I will enjoy both for many years and sell the C2's off before we move. I am with you on low maintenance, best purchase so far for this place was a "Whole House Dehumidifier" attached to my furnace, this house is now 35-40% all year round.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is offline  
post #43614 of 44563 Old 06-21-2019, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 4,630
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2093 Post(s)
Liked: 2242
Man this place is like a retirement home...
Delija likes this.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
drewTT is offline  
post #43615 of 44563 Old 06-21-2019, 12:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Red MC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Oh great,finally a video of them playing music...sound a little bright through my headphones though, might be the Hegel.

I think it's the room. You can hear hard slap echo the whole time the guy is talking.

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active
Red MC is offline  
post #43616 of 44563 Old 06-21-2019, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.SoftDome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,553
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
I think it's the room. You can hear hard slap echo the whole time the guy is talking.
Maybe they just suck and we don't know it yet.
Mr.SoftDome is offline  
post #43617 of 44563 Old 06-21-2019, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
OctaDyn_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 2,657
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Man this place is like a retirement home...
Just remember Drew someday you'll catch up to us
OctaDyn_Dude is offline  
post #43618 of 44563 Old 06-21-2019, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Red MC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
Maybe they just suck and we don't know it yet.

It's Dynaudio we're talking about here, so I doubt they will suck. I worry more that they will turn out to be underwhelming for the money. If so, I may reconsider the Contour 20. Or I might wait it out until a C1 Mk II shows up on Agon in a finish I like, which could be a long wait. Or I might try some non-Dynaudio speakers I've been curious about for a while, particularly the Trenner & Friedl Art, and Joseph Audio Pulsar. Revel's new M126Be might be worth a listen too.

Last, I might go back to Magico S1, which I *loved* at the dealer, but played too deep and excited booming bass modes in my room. I've been tempted to give them another shot, but I'd have to replace all my electronics to accomodate a digital crossover between the S1s and my subwoofers, because they won't work in my room without high pass filtering.

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active
Red MC is offline  
post #43619 of 44563 Old 06-21-2019, 01:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I live in denmark and use mission speakers, i wanted something differenet (less full bodied and with a bit more sparkle i the midrange and highs) or dynaudios again.

I sold my dynadio emit m 10's last year, i regret it but at the that time it was to late, the one who wanted to buy my emit m10 was on his way to collect them.

I looked at Dynaudio DM 2/6, 2/7, emit M10,m20 excite x12 and 14 and 16 .......

There wasn't really any in denmark where i live for a low price, 350 euros or less (9 years ago a pair of DM 2/6 cost 600 euros according to whathifi)

Now im using Wharfedale Diamond 225 which surprised me, since i already knew how they sound with and older amp, now with new amp they sounds better.


Was surprised of how few used dynadio focus,DM,emit and excite i could fine that i could afford, only 2-3 and they where all low sensitive speaker like x14 (83db) and all of them where to close to my limited (400 euros).

Why are there so few used dynadio focus,DM,emit and excite bookshelf speakers?

Last edited by Michael Larsen; 06-21-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Michael Larsen is offline  
post #43620 of 44563 Old 06-21-2019, 01:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
It's Dynaudio we're talking about here, so I doubt they will suck. I worry more that they will turn out to be underwhelming for the money. If so, I may reconsider the Contour 20. Or I might wait it out until a C1 Mk II shows up on Agon in a finish I like, which could be a long wait. Or I might try some non-Dynaudio speakers I've been curious about for a while, particularly the Trenner & Friedl Art, and Joseph Audio Pulsar. Revel's new M126Be might be worth a listen too.

Last, I might go back to Magico S1, which I *loved* at the dealer, but played too deep and excited booming bass modes in my room. I've been tempted to give them another shot, but I'd have to replace all my electronics to accomodate a digital crossover between the S1s and my subwoofers, because they won't work in my room without high pass filtering.
How about Dynaudio Evoke 20 or Special forty?

Are contour 20 better than the Special Forty?
Michael Larsen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off