Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1461 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8585Likes

post #43801 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 02:19 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
Has anyone bought any of new Confidence models?

As far as I can see - they are still not on sale...

Maybe @Otto J can say - what's the problem?

They are already for sale here in europe a couple of weeks.
Think they do a controlled, step by step roll-out. Seems normal and not a problem.
US my guess is this autumn it cann’t be long but of course your Dyn dealer or Otto can tell you exact.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43802 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasyue View Post
Contour 60 or Confidence C2 Platinum?

I am going to choose a pair of speakers between Contour 60 and C2 Platinum, their price are very close. Contour 60 has a 15cm Midrange and 2X23cm woofers, while C2 Platinum lack of Midrange unit and the woofers are smaller, 2X17cm, but C2 Platinum has 2 Tweeters and it's taller. During my first quick audition, I felt C2 has a little bit more clarity or tranparency, or maybe more details but its bass is not strong(dealer called cleaner bass) , C60 is thicker, warmer and sometimes even with wider soundstage and I think it is more balanced.

Above is just based on my short audition, and I am not an experienced Hi-Fier, though I have owned a pair of Audicence 52 for 10 years

I would like to hear what you guys think about these two models. (New confidence series will be too expensive for me and they are hard to find for an audition now. )

BTW, the room is about 25m2.
In my personal opinion the discontinued confidence has a more refined sound with more layers of resolution than the contours. Sure the contour 60 will dig deeper and play a little louder but when pushed hard the c60's get very 'shouty' in the midrange - at least to me. Now regarding the discontinued confidence don't overlook the MKII/Signature versions. I would pass on the original versions because they had to be played loud to sound their best.

I would personally go back for more auditions of both speakers and listen carefully for anything that irritates you at any listening level. I would also ask to set them up like you would in your home especially the distance you sit from them. Back when I had c1's I was 90% sure I wanted the c2's after hearing them several times. I was lucky because my local dealer let me have a 10 day in home demo of c2's. For the first couple of days I was sure I was going to get them. But around the 7th day I started switching back and forth with the c1's. In the end I kept the c1's because the soundstage was much taller with the c2'sand instead of feeling I was sitting as the same level of the band the c2's sounded like the stage they were on was 6ft higher.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
Borderdog likes this.
post #43803 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Contour 60 or Confidence C2 Platinum?

I am going to choose a pair of speakers between Contour 60 and C2 Platinum, their price are very close. Contour 60 has a 15cm Midrange and 2X23cm woofers, while C2 Platinum lack of Midrange unit and the woofers are smaller, 2X17cm, but C2 Platinum has 2 Tweeters and it's taller. During my first quick audition, I felt C2 has a little bit more clarity or tranparency, or maybe more details but its bass is not strong(dealer called cleaner bass) , C60 is thicker, warmer and sometimes even with wider soundstage and I think it is more balanced.

Above is just based on my short audition, and I am not an experienced Hi-Fier, though I have owned a pair of Audicence 52 for 10 years

I would like to hear what you guys think about these two models. (New confidence series will be too expensive for me and they are hard to find for an audition now. )

BTW, the room is about 25m2.

How far away from the speakers will you sit? And how far away from the wall will you place them? In my experience with the C2s, the listening position should be 3m or more away, and the speakers should be at least a meter out from the wall, ideally 1.5m. I believe the same will be true of the Contour 60, but don't have first hand experience with them. If room constraints dictate a closer listening position or placing speakers closer to the wall, then I think you would be better off with one of the stand mounted models.

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43804 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrex99 View Post
Could not find that topic yet, but here dynaudio had a demonstration with C50’s on Naim gear, fabulous.
But to me they seem to be easy on gear, so far all different setups i heard worked well. Yesterday demo’d Cf 20’s on a NAD on the photo above.
Im sure they are also readily available in UK, our neighbour.
Hi Andrex99
The thread I was referring to is a little hard to find... under topic...252-250-552-250-or-252-300...post 5 of 6

Was listening at a dealer’s to Dynaudio Confidence 20s with @CamP huw powered by a 250DR (I think) with a NDX2+XPSDR as source. The pre was a 282 + HiCap DR. All on a single Fraim Lite Rack. The speakers were just out of the box. I think with 200hrs minimum of playing they will sound sweet. Quite impressed, and they were in a large room in front of a block work wall. A very different system to mine. Not so good on Ry Cooder’s Mamba Sinuendo but classical very nice. Not sure to what extent the Melco N1 influenced the sound just being used for its streamer port and stuck below the 282.
andrex99 likes this.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #43805 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
How far away from the speakers will you sit? And how far away from the wall will you place them? In my experience with the C2s, the listening position should be 3m or more away, and the speakers should be at least a meter out from the wall, ideally 1.5m. I believe the same will be true of the Contour 60, but don't have first hand experience with them. If room constraints dictate a closer listening position or placing speakers closer to the wall, then I think you would be better off with one of the stand mounted models.
The room's wall-to-wall distance is about 4 meters. So it is a little bit tight but might be OK. I am using a pair of Audience 52 (one of Dynaudio's bookshelf speakers), I would like to try floor stand speakers to get deep and soft bass with better midrange and feel you are immersed in the music (music is full in the room, but doesn't need to be too loud).
andrex99 likes this.
post #43806 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
In my personal opinion the discontinued confidence has a more refined sound with more layers of resolution than the contours. Sure the contour 60 will dig deeper and play a little louder but when pushed hard the c60's get very 'shouty' in the midrange - at least to me. Now regarding the discontinued confidence don't overlook the MKII/Signature versions. I would pass on the original versions because they had to be played loud to sound their best.

I would personally go back for more auditions of both speakers and listen carefully for anything that irritates you at any listening level. I would also ask to set them up like you would in your home especially the distance you sit from them. Back when I had c1's I was 90% sure I wanted the c2's after hearing them several times. I was lucky because my local dealer let me have a 10 day in home demo of c2's. For the first couple of days I was sure I was going to get them. But around the 7th day I started switching back and forth with the c1's. In the end I kept the c1's because the soundstage was much taller with the c2'sand instead of feeling I was sitting as the same level of the band the c2's sounded like the stage they were on was 6ft higher.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Contour 60 and C2. I can still get brand new Confidence Platinum, but for MKII/Signature, you can only get used ones.

I will certainly go back to have more auditions and I will pay attention to what you mentioned above: Contour 60's shouty midrange at higher volume and C2's higher soundstage.
post #43807 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 819
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience with Contour 60 and C2. I can still get brand new Confidence Platinum, but for MKII/Signature, you can only get used ones.

I will certainly go back to have more auditions and I will pay attention to what you mentioned above: Contour 60's shouty midrange at higher volume and C2's higher soundstage.
When I referred to the higher sound stage that was comparing the c1 to the c2. Most all floorstanders will have a higher soundstage compared to a monitor. It is something you can get used to. Eventually I did.
Garman likes this.
post #43808 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
The room's wall-to-wall distance is about 4 meters. So it is a little bit tight but might be OK. I am using a pair of Audience 52 (one of Dynaudio's bookshelf speakers), I would like to try floor stand speakers to get deep and soft bass with better midrange and feel you are immersed in the music (music is full in the room, but doesn't need to be too loud).

From Audience 52 to C2 or C60, that are real big steps you take. Check out also a C1, or new C20.
Both already on a complete different level.
They go down much deeper with ease, and they create a massive soundstage for a monitor.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
post #43809 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
I think one of the stand mounted models or small floorstanders will work better for your room size. Used C1, new Confidence 20, Contour 20 or 30, Special 40, or Focus 30 XD if you want to go active for a more minimalist system.

My listening room is about 4.5 x 5.25m with speakers on the short wall about 1.5m from the wall and 2.5m from the listening position. I did try my C2s in this room and the results were unsatisfactory: they strongly excited two low order bass modes that caused room boom, and I felt like I needed to move the listening position further away than 2.5m because of the soundstage height and the presentation was a little bit "in your face". They were somewhat physically imposing as well and they visually dominated the room. I've tried smaller floorstanders too, but I get best results using stand mounted speakers and subs. When I lived in Sydney, the living room of my apartment was similar in size and I got best results with stand mounted speakers there too.

I've only seen the C60, not listened to them, so I can't say for certain they won't work, but I wouldn't risk it unless you can manage to get an in-home audition.
Garman likes this.

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active
post #43810 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Liked: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
Why would the amp be able to power just through the Contour line, and "maybe" the Confidence line? Amplifiers don't know what level of prestige speaker they are driving. Unless the new Confidence is horribly inefficient, then I'm sure the SN3 will power them just fine as well.

Now, whether or not the SN3 is good enough to bring the best out of the new Confidence is another subject.
In regards to enough power, I am sure Naim can handle it. Naim to me has always sounded nice with Dynaudio, but in my opinion you can find other brands that give you more for the money. Owed several Naim products over the years, but found some others brands much better to my liking.

As far as inefficient not too shabby..
Confidence 20 is 87db 6ohm which is odd for a Dyn speaker the others are 4ohm
Confidence 30 is 88db
Confidence 50 and 60 are 87db

Delija: In regards to the Confidence models in the US, I heard from several people that their was QC issues with the line, since moving them to China, mostly with the cabinets, not up to Dynaudio standards. Maybe Otto can clarify...

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 07-11-2019 at 05:20 PM.
post #43811 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2005 Post(s)
Liked: 2155
None of those new Confidence finishes are really talking to me. I guess smoke looks pretty good but it'd be hard giving up the bad ass grey oak. For me, looks are important almost as much as sound quality.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL T/9i | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #43812 of 43998 Old 07-11-2019, 09:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
When I referred to the higher sound stage that was comparing the c1 to the c2. Most all floorstanders will have a higher soundstage compared to a monitor. It is something you can get used to. Eventually I did.
That's very interesting. It's been quite a while since I had a stand mount monitor (Counter S1.4 over 5 years ago).

My wife and I have been talking about moving our listening room down to the larger listening room, which is 13 x 22 x 8.5. It has two large openings to the right side (into dining and front hall areas), but we wonder how the C2 Platinum will sound there. We have decided to move the system down there and try it before we pull the trigger on a dedicated electric subpanel and ground upgrade. The second floor listening room could then become the AV room (I want to keep AV and music completely separated as I always have).
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Naim Audio NDX2/XPSDR/NAC282/HCDR/NAP250DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum REL R-328 x 2

Last edited by RaceTripper; 07-11-2019 at 11:24 PM.
post #43813 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 04:26 AM

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Dynaudio DM 2/7 freaquency responce at 1m. Very linear sound and perfectly matched pair. I'm impressed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Response_left-right.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	2589976  
post #43814 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 04:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
do you mean the demo room or where they will be going?
Both are quite big speakers for 25m2.
Be aware that @Store they seem usually smaller than @home .
Also, they require space around for best performance.

Also 2, a C2 platinum must be around 8k? For 9k you bring home a pair of new Cf 20, which are in fact as big as a small floorstander.
But you enter a new level of transparancy and detail.
More transparancy and details (compared with the Contour series) is good for "audiophile" recordings, but it's not so good for the most of "real" music.

I find that C60's have perfect balance - quite enough transparancy and details and pretty forgiving for music with not so good production.
andrex99 likes this.

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
post #43815 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1360 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimon.Zorg View Post
Dynaudio DM 2/7 freaquency responce at 1m. Very linear sound and perfectly matched pair. I'm impressed [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Awesome so you chose the DMs, other then measurements how are you liking them? I likewise really enjoy my DM2/6. I use them in a second setup.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
post #43816 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Awesome so you chose the DMs, other then measurements how are you liking them? I likewise really enjoy my DM2/6. I use them in a second setup.
Yep . I need some time to make my judjment. But first impresson is very good. Right tonal balance, nice sounstage. I can gather from perfectly matched pair, well designed crossover and quality of speakers in total that Dynaudio is serious company . I like it.
post #43817 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 879
Quote:
Than you’re in CF20 budget also.
So be carefull with those towers, i have around same room, and a bit bigger because the kitchenroom is attached.
Cannot imagine putting a C2 in there.
That's a wonderfully warm and lovely home.. I see a nice garden too?
I can imagine listen to music, with a cuppa and a nice book coiled up on the sofa...
andrex99 and Dimon.Zorg like this.
post #43818 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 07:27 AM

Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
More transparancy and details (compared with the Contour series) is good for "audiophile" recordings, but it's not so good for the most of "real" music.

I find that C60's have perfect balance - quite enough transparancy and details and pretty forgiving for music with not so good production.

That makes it look like Confidence is an analytical speaker, thats not the case.
Think they have a good balance between effortless reveiling, openess and still very easy listenable. Just a nice musical flow.
Hard to write down, you know when you hear.

Last edited by andrex99; 07-12-2019 at 01:18 PM.
post #43819 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 323
I find the C4s to be quite laid back by high end speaker standards. They never seem to get harsh even at absurd volumes and less than stellar content. I think some competitors can have a bit more air and clarity with perfect recordings but as soon as you put on your favorite real world music there can be some hardness at volume. Will be curious if newest confidence are similar.
post #43820 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
I find the C4s to be quite laid back by high end speaker standards. They never seem to get harsh even at absurd volumes and less than stellar content. I think some competitors can have a bit more air and clarity with perfect recordings but as soon as you put on your favorite real world music there can be some hardness at volume. Will be curious if newest confidence are similar.
I have had both the C4 and now the C2's and they have never seemed harsh on any recordings, I tend to gravitate towards good recordings and even with Qobuz I tend to do this as well. I typically seek out good recordings, for me the room/speakers and source material are highly important and spend much less time looking for tweaks in the realm of madness when it comes to cables/interconnects/power distributors etc.. I have rarely ever heard a Dynaudio speaker sound harsh, usually it tends to be the source material... I have been using the NAD M10 Int/Amp/Dac/Streamer unit to break in my Contour 20 and I am pleasantly surprised on how good it sounds with both the C2's and Contour 20s. I would love "SEE" and "HEAR" a pair of the Confidence 20's in the same room with the Contour 20's to see if they are worth that much extra coin, to me they better be a world of difference better if I am going to fork out that much money for a monitor, hear is hoping the new Confidence are at least similar if not better than the older models.
andrex99 and KenM10759 like this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
post #43821 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 01:47 PM

Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
I would love "SEE" and "HEAR" a pair of the Confidence 20's in the same room with the Contour 20's to see if they are worth that much extra coin, to me they better be a world of difference better if I am going to fork out that much money for a monitor, hear is hoping the new Confidence are at least similar if not better than the older models.

New Confidence are imo not just an upgrade with a bit more of this of that.
They made a completely different speaker with does not really make sense to compare to the older ones.
When listening to good old C1, coming back from a new Confidence listen, it seems that 50% of all music details and livelyness is almost floated away somehere in the filters or drivers.
And they have to push much harder to get that music away from the loudspeaker.
But still great speakers, love them, just they made it much better.

Last edited by andrex99; 07-12-2019 at 11:27 PM.
post #43822 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Few questions about confidence:

1) Is it meant to replace the old temptation line?

2) Are the cabinets made in china?

3) Any impressions on the confidence 60?

Thanks

Check out our audio discord Sonic Visions (https://discord.gg/PAMBexj), www.sonicvisions.org, a group focused on discussing all things high end audio.
post #43823 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
That's very interesting. It's been quite a while since I had a stand mount monitor (Counter S1.4 over 5 years ago).

My wife and I have been talking about moving our listening room down to the larger listening room, which is 13 x 22 x 8.5. It has two large openings to the right side (into dining and front hall areas), but we wonder how the C2 Platinum will sound there. We have decided to move the system down there and try it before we pull the trigger on a dedicated electric subpanel and ground upgrade. The second floor listening room could then become the AV room (I want to keep AV and music completely separated as I always have).
Hey RT, I saw on the Naim forum that you are demoing an XPSDR with your NDX2...is it a keeper?

2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #43824 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:

George,
I'm surprised. This is the best advice you've given in a long time. It was well thought out and on the mark.
post #43825 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Hey RT, I saw on the Naim forum that you are demoing an XPSDR with your NDX2...is it a keeper?
Yes, I'm keeping it. It's a very good deal from my dealer. I didn't even know he had one, but a customer recently traded a N272 and the XPSDR (which is just 8 monts. for a Boulder preamp (he was already using a Boulder pwr amp).

My wife and I hooked it up last night and immediately noticed a huge improvement. I would say the gains are at least equal to the upgrade going from 1st gen ND5-XS to the new NDX2. My wife made me promise no more boxes but she caved instantly on this.

I am really glad I didn't settle for the ND5-XS2, which I had considered at first. The XPS really makes the NDX2 shine brilliantly.

Last edited by RaceTripper; 07-12-2019 at 03:13 PM.
post #43826 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, I'm keeping it. It's a very good deal from my dealer. I didn't even know he had one, but a customer recently traded a N272 and the XPSDR (which is just 8 monts. for a Boulder preamp (he was already using a Boulder pwr amp).

My wife and I hooked it up last night and immediately noticed a huge improvement. I would say the gains are at least equal to the upgrade going from 1st gen ND5-XS to the new NDX2. My wife made me promise no more boxes but she caved instantly on this.

I am really glad I didn't settle for the ND5-XS2, which I had considered at first. The XPS really makes the NDX2 shine brilliantly.
That’s good to hear, I thought my XPSDR made quite a substantial upgrade to my previous 272 over the inbuilt power supply. I still use mine with my NDS, but since the NDS has no on-board power supply, I can’t tell how much it is doing now but I still want a 555DR at some point...I think. I really am curious about how good the new SN3 will be also, time will tell.

post #43827 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That’s good to hear, I thought my XPSDR made quite a substantial upgrade to my previous 272 over the inbuilt power supply. I still use mine with my NDS, but since the NDS has no on-board power supply, I can’t tell how much it is doing now but I still want a 555DR at some point...I think. I really am curious about how good the new SN3 will be also, time will tell.
At this point about the only thing I really still want to do is upgrade my Hicap DR to a Supercap DR, but those are relatively hard to find...and I already promised my wife no more boxes.

post #43828 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
At this point about the only thing I really still want to do is upgrade my Hicap DR to a Supercap DR, but those are relatively hard to find...and I already promised my wife no more boxes.
It is not another box...just a bigger box!

post #43829 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It is not another box...just a bigger box!
If my HiCap DR disappears from the Fraim and is replaced by a Supercap DR, my wife will notice instantly. She spends a lot of time listening to music with me and notices things like that.

post #43830 of 43998 Old 07-12-2019, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Smood View Post
Few questions about confidence:

1) Is it meant to replace the old temptation line?

2) Are the cabinets made in china?

3) Any impressions on the confidence 60?

Thanks
1.) More of a combination of Evidence and Confidence with new drivers/crossovers etc.. Woofer and newer Estotar 3 tweeter..

2.) Unfortunately, yes which have delayed the production because of some QC issues

3.) Great speaker, more on the line of the older C2 with more bass, but I still think the highs and crossover sound better in the C2 hard to say unless you are demoing both speakers in the same room. Regardless the new Contour line is great.

andrex99: In regards to your post, are you talking about comparing the Confidence C1 to the newer Confidence line currently? Like Confidence 20's?

Last edited by Garman; 07-12-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page