Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1462 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8837Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #43831 of 44562 Old 07-12-2019, 11:33 PM
Senior Member
 
andrex99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
1.) More of a combination of Evidence and Confidence with new drivers/crossovers etc.. Woofer and newer Estotar 3 tweeter..



2.) Unfortunately, yes which have delayed the production because of some QC issues



3.) Great speaker, more on the line of the older C2 with more bass, but I still think the highs and crossover sound better in the C2 hard to say unless you are demoing both speakers in the same room. Regardless the new Contour line is great.







andrex99: In regards to your post, are you talking about comparing the Confidence C1 to the newer Confidence line currently? Like Confidence 20's?


Yes confidence C1(mk1) vs the new confidence.
Garman likes this.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
andrex99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43832 of 44562 Old 07-13-2019, 07:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Is the evidence temptation better than the Confidence 60 ?
R Smood is offline  
post #43833 of 44562 Old 07-13-2019, 07:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Also would you do confidence C2 or Contour 60.. assuming you could get either for the same price?

Check out our audio discord Sonic Visions (https://discord.gg/PAMBexj), www.sonicvisions.org, a group focused on discussing all things high end audio.
R Smood is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43834 of 44562 Old 07-13-2019, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
R Smood: You will have to listen to them, the Contour 60 and Confidence C2 are going to be different. The Confidence C2 give lots of good layers and details which I like, the Contour 60 bass will be better, but it also uses a mid-range driver, and I tend to lean more toward the way the C2 was designed for my tastes. I heard the Contour 60's on 3 separate occasions and for me the bass was too overwhelming. Had similar situation years ago, when I upgraded older Contour models before I went to the Confidence line. The Contour 2.8 didn't have enough bass, and the Contour 3.0 and 3.3 had too much, so I jumped to the C1 then C4 (too much bass for my room at the time) and then I found "My" sweet spot with the C2's.

Frequency response of the Confidence C2 is 28hz - 25hz and the new Contour 60 is 28hz - 23hz Crossover is 2nd order where with the Confidence C2 is 1st order, so what you like will be subjective to your own ears, anyone of the models you mentioned you could easily live with and be quite happy.

R Smood: Toss up on your last question (in my opinion), need to find a place that has both if you can, otherwise choose one and enjoy!



Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 07-13-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Garman is offline  
post #43835 of 44562 Old 07-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
andrex99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Smood View Post
Is the evidence temptation better than the Confidence 60 ?

According to Otto:

AND more than 10 dB higher headroom at low frequencies. And the Esotar3 is really a "cost no object" tweeter, that is designed to take over from TWO Esotar2's in the previous floorstanders. We could of course have kept the cost down by putting an Esotar2 in the Confidence 20, but we chose to (logically) stick with the same tweeter across the line. What I am trying to say is, the new Confidence line is not only replacing the Confidence, but also the Evidence. Confidence 20 is not only replacing C1, it's the Evidence monitor that we never had. I guess if we had named the whole range Evidence instead of Confidence, the comments would have been different... The Confidence 60 is easily the best speaker we have ever created. PLEASE have a listen if you ever get the chance.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
andrex99 is offline  
post #43836 of 44562 Old 07-13-2019, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
andrex99: Frankly they just pushed the Contour into the line of what the Confidence line was to a certain extent and blended the Confidence line and Evidence... Maybe they should have renamed one of lines as it gets a tad confusing... Once they replace the Confidence 60 you might see the same statement applied... lol Too bad you can't hear the C1's and Confidence 20 in the same place using the same music, I think their is only one guy on the internet that had the Confidence C4 and Confidence 60 in the same room and he was gushing how much better the new 60 was, but it looked like a paid advertisement!
andrex99 likes this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is offline  
post #43837 of 44562 Old 07-13-2019, 01:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 30
With all the Evidence vs Confidence talk, there is a very important fact that is going unmentioned. The only thing that separated the Evidence and Confidence ranges was that the Evidence speakers had closely matched drivers. They used the exact same drivers as the Confidence range. This information has been stated by Dynaudio. That is the reason there was no Evidence monitor, because there would be no driver matching in a speaker that used one mid bass and one tweeter. The C1 was essentially an Evidence monitor. The Evidence speakers were nothing more than bigger Confidence speakers with closely matched drivers.
Make Em' Dance is offline  
post #43838 of 44562 Old 07-13-2019, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
With all the Evidence vs Confidence talk, there is a very important fact that is going unmentioned. The only thing that separated the Evidence and Confidence ranges was that the Evidence speakers had closely matched drivers. They used the exact same drivers as the Confidence range. This information has been stated by Dynaudio. That is the reason there was no Evidence monitor, because there would be no driver matching in a speaker that used one mid bass and one tweeter. The C1 was essentially an Evidence monitor. The Evidence speakers were nothing more than bigger Confidence speakers with closely matched drivers.
I agree for the most part, but what would you call the Special 25?

https://www.dynaudio.com/discontinue...al-twenty-five

Well we are lead to believe that the Evidence woofers in the Evidence line are different according to Dynaudio. Although the above Special 25 speaker states it uses the woofers out of the Evidence Masters, hard to tell as most speaker manufactures that make their own speakers and parts tend to shuffle stuff around and some times you can't tell what is used where!


From Confidence C2 Line: https://www.dynaudio.com/discontinue...ce/c2-platinum

"It isn’t just a driver arrangement, though: every part of the signal chain is optimised for the technology. Each tweeter complements each woofer in frequency response and phase relationship. Each crossover component is precisely selected for the job. And on the floorstanding speakers in the Confidence Platinum range, WE MAKE SURE EACH SET OF DRIVERS AND CROSSOVER PARTS IS PRECISELY MATCHED TO THE OTHER – SO THEY WORK IN TANDEM."

Now maybe they didn't start doing this till the Platinum series with the Confidence line because I see no mention of it in the original confidence line or signature line. Good points regardless!

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 07-13-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #43839 of 44562 Old 07-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
The S25 uses a larger woofer in a bigger cabinet, which in itself gives it an advantage compared directly to S40. That said however, other than size, the S40 woofer is definitely in the same league. And it's quite different from the Focus 160 woofer. The S40 woofer is an improvement compared to the one used in Evidence Temptation (which is very similar to the C1 woofer), whereas the S25 woofer is very similar to the one used in Evidence Master. So basically, both are Evidence class. It must be said though that on Evidence the drivers are pair matched, so it's debatable whether they can be said to be 100% Evidence class - which is again why we do not officially state that it is. But same league, yes.

Also notable is that for midrange performance, the smaller size of the S40 is actually an advantage.
@Garman

I was not trying to make a point. I was stating facts that have came straight from Otto a few times on this forum. I'm not sure why none of the regulars want to digest this information (not a shot at you...this info seems to get ignored for some reason). Above is a quote that addresses it, and some comparisons about the Special 25 that you brought up. As you can see above, the Evidence and Confidence drivers are of the same level, except for the pair matching. The Special 40 driver is even better. That's right from the horses mouth.

I know Otto has literally said that the C1 was essentially an Evidence monitor, but without the impossible ability to pair match due to there being only one mid and tweeter. I just don't have the time to sift through every post he has ever made to find it. That's why an Evidence monitor doesn't exist.

Last edited by Make Em' Dance; 07-13-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Make Em' Dance is offline  
post #43840 of 44562 Old 07-13-2019, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Make Em' Dance: Anytime you're pointing out facts you usually are trying to make a point and I was trying to agree with you, with the exception of the Confidence Platinum line. There is a ton of conflicting information or just not enough information on Dynaudio site to determine what specific drivers are being used in what speakers at times. You stated it was confusing and so have I, several times over the last few months. This is one of the main reason I am not buying the Confidence 20's, and another, just way too many delays. The only thing I pointed out, was the difference you stated about the Evidence and Confidence line and pair matching, but if you look at their own website it says "WE MAKE SURE EACH SET OF DRIVERS AND CROSSOVER PARTS IS PRECISELY MATCHED TO THE OTHER – SO THEY WORK IN TANDEM." <<<<<<< Right from Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum page.... I get the explanation of the C1 and Special 25 now, and you definitely clarified it with the info above, and I thank you for that.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 07-13-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #43841 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 02:07 AM
Senior Member
 
andrex99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Too bad you can't hear the C1's and Confidence 20 in the same place using the same music, I think their is only one guy on the internet that had the Confidence C4 and Confidence 60 in the same room and he was gushing how much better the new 60 was, but it looked like a paid advertisement!

In fact we took the same music from the demo home to listen on the C1’s, since those tracks sounded so good.

Well it was a bit dissapointing: it sure wasn’t just the nice demo tracks which made the audition.
And the C1’s @home have a very serious source and amps.
So for the dealer wont make a problem to take own speakers, amps or source and compare a-b.
But it would be a bit useless i believe, since the old one’s will never sound close like the new ones and vice versa. The speakers in this case makes too much of a difference.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
andrex99 is offline  
post #43842 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Back in Asia for now
Posts: 3,646
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1711 Post(s)
Liked: 896
I've finally set up my S40s in my new place
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyn S40 living room.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	2590566  

Last edited by petetherock; 07-14-2019 at 04:21 AM.
petetherock is offline  
post #43843 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,060
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked: 949
Awesome Pete, love the Red Birch look!!

Dynaudio Contour 20, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
callas01 is offline  
post #43844 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 892
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
I've finally set up my S40s in my new place
What's the smiling thing with the bowtie?
yonson is offline  
post #43845 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Back in Asia for now
Posts: 3,646
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1711 Post(s)
Liked: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
What's the smiling thing with the bowtie?
It's part of the "Macaron" family of cabinets... I first saw it in a Korean drama... and the missus made me hunt down the series... they make all kinds of stuff with that face, from small items like tissue cases, all the way to large display cabinets
petetherock is offline  
post #43846 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Senior Member
 
DReborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
I've finally set up my S40s in my new place


Congrats! Can’t wait to set mine up


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DReborn is offline  
post #43847 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrex99 View Post
In fact we took the same music from the demo home to listen on the C1’s, since those tracks sounded so good.

Well it was a bit dissapointing: it sure wasn’t just the nice demo tracks which made the audition.
And the C1’s @home have a very serious source and amps.
So for the dealer wont make a problem to take own speakers, amps or source and compare a-b.
But it would be a bit useless i believe, since the old one’s will never sound close like the new ones and vice versa. The speakers in this case makes too much of a difference.
andrex99:

Post some pics man, we want to see this stuff!

1.) Hopefully like good dealers do at Axpona (George/Tyler) does, is they take meticulous attention to detail on how the room is setup/treated etc.. Mark on the floor the best spot for the speakers listening position and then swap out speakers to compare, going from one room to another and or going from one place to another just doesn't cut it for me. Same goes with Axpona, some dealers/people know how to setup a room correctly and some don't. I would probably quantify/qualify most of us on here could most likely setup a room based off of past experiences etc.. The room is the most important part of any system, then speakers, equipment/source etc.. The A-B I would do in your own home and set it up that way, also was the C1 the Original/Signature and Platinum had revisions done to them, with the Platinum being the closest to the new Confidence. I have no doubt that the new Confidence line will be good, just not willing to spend double+ for cabinets being made for less in China and being on a 2 year waiting list in North America! I was lucky enough this time around to have the expertise of my friend/engineer at ETC and Borderdog on building the right room and have taken some good suggestions from other members on treatments etc, which has helped. To me it's not what is better in the case of Dynaudio, they make good to excellent speakers not sure if I would call one better than another, different yes, and if that difference is what you like then buy it!


petetherock: Did you move? What happen to your HT room with that cool ceiling and all that gear? The Special 40's look great...

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 07-14-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Garman is offline  
post #43848 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,377
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
andrex99: Frankly they just pushed the Contour into the line of what the Confidence line was to a certain extent and blended the Confidence line and Evidence... Maybe they should have renamed one of lines as it gets a tad confusing... Once they replace the Confidence 60 you might see the same statement applied... lol Too bad you can't hear the C1's and Confidence 20 in the same place using the same music, I think their is only one guy on the internet that had the Confidence C4 and Confidence 60 in the same room and he was gushing how much better the new 60 was, but it looked like a paid advertisement!
My dealer has their demo C1 Platinum and the new Confidence 20 in the same room. I haven't listened, but I'll ask what they think next time I'm there.

I think my wife wants me to stay away for a bit, since I just wrote them a check for another $3k+ purchase this weekend.
Garman likes this.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Naim Audio NDX2/XPS-DR/NAC-282/SuperCap-DR/NAP-250DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum REL R-328 x 2
RaceTripper is offline  
post #43849 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrex99 View Post
In fact we took the same music from the demo home to listen on the C1’s, since those tracks sounded so good.

Well it was a bit dissapointing: it sure wasn’t just the nice demo tracks which made the audition.
And the C1’s @home have a very serious source and amps.
So for the dealer wont make a problem to take own speakers, amps or source and compare a-b.
But it would be a bit useless i believe, since the old one’s will never sound close like the new ones and vice versa. The speakers in this case makes too much of a difference.
That's an absolutely foolish statement to make. Unless you are auditioning in the same room, with the same source and amplifier, you don't know how close or apart the speakers really are. Amplifiers and sources make HUGE differences on the same speakers.
Make Em' Dance is offline  
post #43850 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 02:58 PM
Senior Member
 
andrex99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
That's an absolutely foolish statement to make. Unless you are auditioning in the same room, with the same source and amplifier, you don't know how close or apart the speakers really are. Amplifiers and sources make HUGE differences on the same speakers.


Not really. Those demo’s we visited, in different places, had all very different amps and sources.
But of course on a certain level.

It all didnt change much for sound signature for the new Dyns.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
andrex99 is offline  
post #43851 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 03:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrex99 View Post
Not really. Those demo’s we visited, in different places, had all very different amps and sources.
But of course on a certain level.

It all didnt change much for sound signature for the new Dyns.
Yeah....really. You are being foolish and your foolish statements are making you look like nothing more than a cheerleader. I could make any speaker sound different with a source and/or amplifier change EVEN IN THE SAME ROOM.
Make Em' Dance is offline  
post #43852 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Senior Member
 
andrex99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
Yeah....really. You are being foolish and your foolish statements are making you look like nothing more than a cheerleader. I could make any speaker sound different with a source and/or amplifier change EVEN IN THE SAME ROOM.

Good luck with that i would say.

No need to start shouting for me.
I know what a good source or amp can do.
Just saying that you wont change a C1 in a CF20. But if you can, you will get my applause. Let us know when that happens ok?

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter

Last edited by andrex99; 07-14-2019 at 03:11 PM.
andrex99 is offline  
post #43853 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
andrex99: Only looking for a fair comparison, anytime you're comparing speakers it should be done with at least both speakers in the same room using the same equipment, not side by side. I currently have several two pairs of Dynaudio side by side, but when doing more accurate testing comparing speakers I have them taped off on the ideal listening position then I swap them out. I highly recommend this at home if you got the room before you make and decisions, I did this with my S40's and Contour 20's before I sold my S40's, both great speakers but the Contour won me over for my current monitor of choice. I have no doubt the Confidence line will be a stellar one, but for me I can't see selling my C2 Platinums off and money having marginal improvements, based on their changes. The Confidence 20's should have been just under the 10K mark, especially with cabinets being made in China, it would be nice for a chance to pass along some of that cost savings to the customer, which rarely happens! You need to Feed us with some good video's and pictures! LOL

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is offline  
post #43854 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 07:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
R Smood: You will have to listen to them, the Contour 60 and Confidence C2 are going to be different. The Confidence C2 give lots of good layers and details which I like, the Contour 60 bass will be better, but it also uses a mid-range driver, and I tend to lean more toward the way the C2 was designed for my tastes. I heard the Contour 60's on 3 separate occasions and for me the bass was too overwhelming. Had similar situation years ago, when I upgraded older Contour models before I went to the Confidence line. The Contour 2.8 didn't have enough bass, and the Contour 3.0 and 3.3 had too much, so I jumped to the C1 then C4 (too much bass for my room at the time) and then I found "My" sweet spot with the C2's.

Frequency response of the Confidence C2 is 28hz - 25hz and the new Contour 60 is 28hz - 23hz Crossover is 2nd order where with the Confidence C2 is 1st order, so what you like will be subjective to your own ears, anyone of the models you mentioned you could easily live with and be quite happy.

R Smood: Toss up on your last question (in my opinion), need to find a place that has both if you can, otherwise choose one and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5mdu-PGZ7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-4q3MTRjSI
Thanks definitely helpful. Gotta arrange to hear these speakers.

Hey whats up with the big price jump from confidence 50 to 60?

Also anyone else feel Dynaudio isn't marketing their new lines aggressively enough? You hear about paradigm and magico everywhere but think of dynaudio and its just crickets.

Check out our audio discord Sonic Visions (https://discord.gg/PAMBexj), www.sonicvisions.org, a group focused on discussing all things high end audio.
R Smood is offline  
post #43855 of 44562 Old 07-14-2019, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
R Smood: The C4/C2 Platinums is what you want to look for, prices on those should be pretty good with the new Confidence line finally hitting the US market. As far as Marketing, I think Dynaudio has stepped up their game, now "Audio Advisors" & World Wide Stereo carrying the Dynaudio brands now, in the past they would never allow mass market internet guys touch them. Plus they have stepped up their game in the smaller speaker arena with the "Music" system and digital speakers etc.. So I think they have taken a Giant leap forward in that regards to that, but with doing so there can be pitfalls as well. Not sure if I want to see Dynaudio making mass market cheap speakers, like Polk Audio etc.. They have always been a higher end brand to me, with great QC and excellent sound reproduction, just hope the new Chinese owners can keep this thing going in the right direction.. The good news is the new Contour series and older Confidence line will last you years to come in music enjoyment, so enjoy them which ever pair you decide on. I started out with Polk & Paradigm many years ago when AVS was formed and I wouldn't even give them a second listen these days, the Preforma series is ok, but even when you compare them to Dynaudio less expensive line, I still think they come out way ahead. Now Maggico that is a different story, they spend craploads on advertising so they have to charge huge prices on their speaker just to stay in business.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is offline  
post #43856 of 44562 Old 07-15-2019, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
andrex99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
andrex99: Only looking for a fair comparison, anytime you're comparing speakers it should be done with at least both speakers in the same room using the same equipment, not side by side. I currently have several two pairs of Dynaudio side by side, but when doing more accurate testing comparing speakers I have them taped off on the ideal listening position then I swap them out. I highly recommend this at home if you got the room before you make and decisions, I did this with my S40's and Contour 20's before I sold my S40's, both great speakers but the Contour won me over for my current monitor of choice. I have no doubt the Confidence line will be a stellar one, but for me I can't see selling my C2 Platinums off and money having marginal improvements, based on their changes. The Confidence 20's should have been just under the 10K mark, especially with cabinets being made in China, it would be nice for a chance to pass along some of that cost savings to the customer, which rarely happens! You need to Feed us with some good video's and pictures! LOL

Normally i go with you and compare in exact situation.
But to point out, you also do not need to drive a V6 turbo engine, and than go back to a 4-in-line to realise there is a difference.
There are no just marginal improvements i think.
But best is to check them out once they arrive. Now i just feel announcing earth is round

And for the Cinese parts. When you work in some kind of electronics brand, no mather what country what continent, you find chinese parts inside everywhere.
It’s romantic picure to see those those cabinets all been handmade in Denmark.
The pricerange would go up and we see them only for the lucky few.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter

Last edited by andrex99; 07-15-2019 at 01:07 AM.
andrex99 is offline  
post #43857 of 44562 Old 07-15-2019, 12:17 AM
Member
 
Kevinhifi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question Amplifier for Dynaudio Excite X14

Hello I am undecided between these amps which I should choose to have a good synergy with the Excite X14 Dynaudio?

Thanks

Naim Nait 5si - Rega Elex-r - Musical Fidelity M3si
Kevinhifi is offline  
post #43858 of 44562 Old 07-15-2019, 04:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Back in Asia for now
Posts: 3,646
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1711 Post(s)
Liked: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post


petetherock: Did you move? What happen to your HT room with that cool ceiling and all that gear? The Special 40's look great...
You mean this cool ceiling
https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...7bSPzy1Xe09s44

That's my HT den... this one is in the guest area, for my family to listen to music, and to listen to stereo music...
(oh that's a classic SR 12s1 sitting under the Marantz NA 11 s1... ) A real powerhouse and musical AVR..
Garman likes this.
petetherock is offline  
post #43859 of 44562 Old 07-15-2019, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,341
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrex99 View Post
Normally i go with you and compare in exact situation.
But to point out, you also do not need to drive a V6 turbo engine, and than go back to a 4-in-line to realise there is a difference.
There are no just marginal improvements i think.
But best is to check them out once they arrive. Now i just feel announcing earth is round

And for the Cinese parts. When you work in some kind of electronics brand, no mather what country what continent, you find chinese parts inside everywhere.
It’s romantic picure to see those those cabinets all been handmade in Denmark.
The pricerange would go up and we see them only for the lucky few.
Andrex99: Not a very good comparison, but I get your point. The Earth is round the last time I was flying it looked that way! LOL The Chinese parts is a who cares for some, they make good stuff, I am just not a fan of fueling a communist government with cheaper non regulated workforce, but that is a whole different discussion. Dynaudio for many years stood behind their products and touted how they where all made in Denmark that time has since pasted (Unfortunately). I done chasing the need to get better speaker and or dream system, and need to just enjoy what I have, as an Enthusiast all of us do this at one point or another, but I am hanging up my hat and just going to enjoy what I have. Only thing I will work on now is a better way to access my music without having to pay for a subscription...... Currently using a Sony HAP system, and trying out Quboz, nice sounding but not a great interface so far.

Kevin:

Naim Nait 5si - Rega Elex-r - Musical Fidelity M3si <<<<<<<<<<<< Out of that group the Rega Elex-r or the Naim 5si, but are you looking new or used? There is a Musical Fidelity M6si a much better MF piece on Audiomart for sale and or a A5, I had both of those and they have a lot more good juice and bang for the buck if your looking in the used market, if not used the first two would be your better choice.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 07-15-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Garman is offline  
post #43860 of 44562 Old 07-15-2019, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 605
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Confidence models are 12-50kish. That is well into the luxury territory. Also, Denmark is known for furniture. I get global realities, but I think they could have figured a way to keep the top lines in Denmark. Sorta like if Rolex decided to make Daytonas in china. Their prerogative but its not like it is absurd or xenophobic to be critical of that decision. Semiconductors are nearly the opposite products in philosophy, extraordinarily cheap due to huge scale. Most are optimized to fractions of a penny.
aschen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off