Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1474 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8731Likes

post #44191 of 44309 Old 08-12-2019, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Unnecessary Posts refers to the way people come across in their posts when referring back to people. I don’t care if you like or don’t like what I like, I dont care about disagreements or on/off topic conversations and I enjoy a good debate; just don’t be rude to one another.
I totally agree, and it's a very rare occasion that I am rude to anyone. Last time I was it was the guy that was being rude to all you guys and I let him have it and got banded for it.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44192 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1390 Post(s)
Liked: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Looking at the specs

Confidence 20’️s - 87 DB’️s and 6 ohm

Contour 20’️s- 86 DB’️s and 4 Ohm

Excite 12’️s- 86 DB’️s and 4 Ohm

So looking at these numbers, the Confidence 20’️s appear to be easier to drive than the Contour 20’️s and Excite 12’️s, Which have the exact same specs. Do the Contour 20 owners feel like your speakers are difficult to drive? My excite 12’️s can easily be driven by my TT2 DAC, so am I insane to think I could drive Confidence 20’️s sufficiently with it?[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]
I don’t think the Contour 20s are hard to drive, I agree with Drew they sound better turned up a little and thats always been Dynaudio, but you do not have to crank them. They can still sound very good at lower volumes.

Regarding the Exotica.... I heard the E3 tower and I felt the highs and mids were great but the powered servo woofers sounded disconnected and overwhelmed the full sound of the music. Perhaps it was the demonstrators or the room, but as I sat there I thought these would be good speakers at $7-8k and when I found out they were $13k, I felt the value proposition dropped immensely. Compared to Kef Ref 3 or Dyn C2s no way. Even the original Focus 400 XD I liked more.

The bookshelf might be excellent as I said the highs and mids when isolated sounded great. But at $5300 there’s a lot of competition.
no quarter likes this.

Dynaudio Contour 20, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
post #44193 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 05:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
After a night listening to the new Evoke line at Next Level HiFi, I have a few thoughts. Dynaudio has definitely changed their voicing with this line and in a good way. It reminds me of the older C1 Signature voicing. Best value in my opinion is the Evoke 30. Nice and compact, but big sounding. I’️m really liking this line. I think Dynaudio is ready to retake the loudspeaker market again. Very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow even my VSCO teen daughters won’t listen to Old Town Road..... what was going on there!?!?

Dynaudio Contour 20, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44194 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1696 Post(s)
Liked: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeotec View Post
Guys, thank you for all the details about the Stand 6 vs 20. It was very helpful.
I would also have a look at Partington and Atacama stands (eg the HMS 2.1)...
Cheap and good
post #44195 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow1 View Post
As I sit here, listening to Jackson Browne’s “Solo Acoustic - Vol 1”, I am mesmerized by the Dynaudio Contour 60 and a pair of Sub 6’s. Phenomenal sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm equally mesmerised... by your kit...
post #44196 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

j3brow1: Beautiful system and setup! I am just curious are you using AudioQuest Niagara 5000 or 7000 AC units? I understand on protecting your system, but those cost more than the Amps themselves... If your in a high metropolitan area I could see using higher end surge and noise protection but why not put it on your AC line and circuit breaker to your home? I see more and more companies charging huge prices for A/C surge protection and my Engineer friends over at ETC kind of laugh as the markup on that stuff is off the charts.. Hell I am still using a PS Audio unit I got years ago and the parts almost look identical as the ones in the Niagara units. at 4K for the 5000 and 8K for the 7000 seems way over the top for those units. The good news is you can usually find the 5000 units for under 3K or less, and you can get the Niagara 1200 units which use the same circuits for about $995, just not as nice of a box.. lol

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.

Last edited by Garman; 08-13-2019 at 02:47 PM.
post #44197 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1624 Post(s)
Liked: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
j3brow1: Beautiful system and setup! I am just curious are you using AudioQuest Niagara 5000 or 7000 AC units? I understand on protecting your system, but those cost more than the Amps themselves... If your in a high metropolitan area I could see using higher end surge and noise protection but why not put it on your AC line and circuit breaker to your home? I see more and more companies charging huge prices for A/C surge protection and my Engineer friends over at ETC kind of laugh as the markup on that stuff is off the charts.. Hell I am still using a PS Audio unit I got years ago and the parts almost look identical as the ones in the Niagara units. at 4K for the 5000 and 8K for the 7000 seems way over the top for those units. The good news is you can usually find the 5000 units for under 3K or less, and you can get the Niagara 1200 units which use the same circuits for about $995, just not as nice of a box.. lol
As a Naim user, we are told that line conditioners, and surge protectors rob your system of Dynamics and emotion...so do NOT use them.Best is to plug directly into the wall outlet, unplug during storms.
Garman likes this.

3.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,Cary 500.1 monoblock
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #44198 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

no quarter: I completely agree with Naim on that end, if you're going to do it, do it on the AC coming into the house at least for surge protection. I primarily use it on my HT only..

post #44199 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2033 Post(s)
Liked: 2177
Those Niagara's are the real deal. Garth Powell knows what he is doing. He designed the Furman Reference I use.
j3brow1 likes this.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL T/9i | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #44200 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 342
George and Rhett setting up some Evokes...

Garman, andrex99 and no quarter like this.
post #44201 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post

Thanks for the compliment. It’s been a labor of love to get to this point, like it is for all of us.

Well, the Niagara’s are special. It’s so much more than surge protection. Personally, the surge protection is an afterthought, it’s nice it’s there, but it isn’t the reason I own them.

It’s all about the SQ improvement.

Im of the mindset that everything starts with the power/current delivery. Just my opinion but my systems got better and better once I paid attention to my power.

Started out 15 years ago with really bad AudioPower (IIRC) conditioner, then PS Audio Power Plant Premiers (better but nothing special), then a pair of PS Audio P10 Power plants (very good), Shunyata Denali 6000T (outstanding), and now the Niagara’s (outstanding).

In the picture, you are seeing one of each, 7000 on bottom and 5000 on top. I could not power my entire system with only one or the other .... 6 amplifiers, 2 DACs, music server, 2 channel preamp, AV processor, Cd/Sacd transport, video player etc.

All the 2 channel gear runs through the 7000 which has additional circuitry (isolation transformers) to further filter the high freq noise. The power banks are identical between the 7000 and 5000, 4 outlets on each unit. The remaining banks are isolated from one another, especially so with the 7000. The digital gear can’t pollute the analog gear etc.

Country or city, no power out the wall can beat what Garth Powell’s units can do.

Current delivery in spades, in fact instantaneous current peaks, much higher than wall output alone. No current restriction or choking dynamics when it comes to Audioquest or Shunyata. It’s really good stuff with solid science behind the products.

I have 400 amp service to my home, with short run to the utility company transformer in my backyard by chance, 125 amp sub-panel dedicated to my media room, with 8 dedicated 20 amp circuits, same phase, w/ 10 gauge wire (currently using 4 of the dedicated lines; rest are to future proof power needs), Audioquest outlets, and Audioquest Hurricane and Shunyata power cords. In other words, I’ve tried to maximize my power delivery. The Niagara’s are the final piece of the puzzle.

In my twisted mind, it all matters.

OctaDyn_Dude likes this.

Last edited by j3brow1; 08-13-2019 at 09:24 PM.
post #44202 of 44309 Old 08-13-2019, 10:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

j3brow1: Just call me a believer of everything with the exception of power conditioners/cords/interconnects and cables. Used enough of it and tried enough of it, it just didn't make a difference in any system I have ever owned. I only use it like a condom for protection in my HT system. lol Regardless, a sweet rig!
MUDCAT45 likes this.

post #44203 of 44309 Old 08-14-2019, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow1 View Post
Thanks for the compliment. It’s been a labor of love to get to this point, like it is for all of us.

Well, the Niagara’s are special. It’s so much more than surge protection. Personally, the surge protection is an afterthought, it’s nice it’s there, but it isn’t the reason I own them.

It’s all about the SQ improvement.

Im of the mindset that everything starts with the power/current delivery. Just my opinion but my systems got better and better once I paid attention to my power.

Started out 15 years ago with really bad AudioPower (IIRC) conditioner, then PS Audio Power Plant Premiers (better but nothing special), then a pair of PS Audio P10 Power plants (very good), Shunyata Denali 6000T (outstanding), and now the Niagara’s (outstanding).

In the picture, you are seeing one of each, 7000 on bottom and 5000 on top. I could not power my entire system with only one or the other .... 6 amplifiers, 2 DACs, music server, 2 channel preamp, AV processor, Cd/Sacd transport, video player etc.

All the 2 channel gear runs through the 7000 which has additional circuitry (isolation transformers) to further filter the high freq noise. The power banks are identical between the 7000 and 5000, 4 outlets on each unit. The remaining banks are isolated from one another, especially so with the 7000. The digital gear can’t pollute the analog gear etc.

Country or city, no power out the wall can beat what Garth Powell’s units can do.

Current delivery in spades, in fact instantaneous current peaks, much higher than wall output alone. No current restriction or choking dynamics when it comes to Audioquest or Shunyata. It’s really good stuff with solid science behind the products.

I have 400 amp service to my home, with short run to the utility company transformer in my backyard by chance, 125 amp sub-panel dedicated to my media room, with 8 dedicated 20 amp circuits, same phase, w/ 10 gauge wire (currently using 4 of the dedicated lines; rest are to future proof power needs), Audioquest outlets, and Audioquest Hurricane and Shunyata power cords. In other words, I’ve tried to maximize my power delivery. The Niagara’s are the final piece of the puzzle.

In my twisted mind, it all matters.

I'm with you 110% regarding clean power. Even you you think you have no electrical noise you're wrong - rural or city. Cell towers - microwave links and wifi are some of the airborne rf that gets picked up by all wires. Then you add what switching regulator power supplies and even appliances feed back is pretty amazing. You don't realize what it does until you start to remove it. Personally I don't think you'll ever remove all of it. I use Ansuz and every time I've upgraded it only gets better. By better I mean a lower noise floor which brings out more music.

Yes it all matters
post #44204 of 44309 Old 08-14-2019, 03:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

C'mon man, I think the entire forum knows by now you don't believe in cables and power. No need to post the same thing over and over every time someone here mentions those things making an improvement in their system.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL T/9i | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #44205 of 44309 Old 08-14-2019, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
C'mon man, I think the entire forum knows by now you don't believe in cables and power. No need to post the same thing over and over every time someone here mentions those things making an improvement in their system.
drewTT: LOL, not problem I erased it for you! If some one starts preaching about how great they are they can expect a rebuttal, especially in here. Yes I asked about them and I respected j3brow1 response, then George chimed in and then I did... So I will remember this when I read 3 pages of Naim stuff being discussed that's been posted over and over.

Last edited by Garman; 08-14-2019 at 04:52 PM.
post #44206 of 44309 Old 08-14-2019, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yonson
Is that photo from Next level Audio? (Tyler’s store) Did you get a chance to compare all the Evoke speakers? I think Jnelson said the 30’s are the sweet spot in the lineup. He bought the 20’s I believe for his bedroom, it looks like the 20’s have a bigger driver than the 30’s, so does it dig as deep as the 30’s I wonder. Were the Borrenson hooked up, if so, how do they compare to your C4’s?

2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Chord Hugo TT2/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50, excite 12’s,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #44207 of 44309 Old 08-14-2019, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Yonson

Is that photo from Next level Audio? (Tyler’s store) Did you get a chance to compare all the Evoke speakers? I think Jnelson said the 30’s are the sweet spot in the lineup. He bought the 20’s I believe for his bedroom, it looks like the 20’s have a bigger driver than the 30’s, so does it dig as deep as the 30’s I wonder. Were the Borrenson hooked up, if so, how do they compare to your C4’s?

I bought the Evoke 10s which are bigger then the Emit 10s. The 20s are bigger then the Special 40 which was too big for my bedroom. Still impressed with Dyns voicing on these.

Garman and no quarter like this.

Sony XBR-65A1E, XBR-55A1E, Marantz AV8805, AV7704
Naim SN2, Hi-Cap DR, ND5XS2, Naim Unity Core, Emotiva XPA-9, A-5175
Dynaudio Contour 30, Focus 210C, IC17, S4-W80, Emit 10, 2X JTR S1, SVS SB-2000
Panasonic UBD-820, Bluesound Node 2i, Ansuz Mainz C2 Power Distribution,X Power and speaker cables
post #44208 of 44309 Old 08-14-2019, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Yonson
Yeah, that was off the Next Level FB page. I haven't been down there yet. The only Evokes I've heard so far are the 20's.
no quarter likes this.

Last edited by yonson; 08-14-2019 at 07:58 PM.
post #44209 of 44309 Old 08-15-2019, 02:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynlunatic View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by dynfan

It all depends on the size of the creases IMHO. When you are buying used gear off of EBAY and at a deep discount you cannot expect perfection, and if you have concerns when there are pictures posted the question should be raised BEFORE purchase. These days it seems as if people expect the world and that the seller has all the responsibility, sure the seller has some, but the BUYER is the one that should be asking all of his or her questions BEFORE making a purchase.

I would be weary of him trying them out and asking for a discount, you don't know what kind of electronics he is using and how loudly he is going to play them. This is why when I sell on EBAY there are no returns under any circumstances, these days you cannot count on people being honest sad to say. Everyone seems to be out to get something for nothing....

Good luck with the resolution and FWIW just about every Dynaudio tweet I have owned or inspected closely have some sort of imperfection even if it is the tiniest of creases and has never been pushed in or dented.

I went back and found your listing, I only see one picture that shows one speaker with the grill off and the tweeter is clearly dented but not completely pushed in, is the other one the same?

You indicated no returns and honestly if I was bidding I would have asked because if you have eyes you can see the dent, granted it would have been good to disclose the dents in the item listing.

Guys,
Let me help with this scenario before anybody receives any mis-information. Dynaudio tweeters are made to very exacting tolerances regardless of which model they are placed in. The Doping compound, which is proprietary, is also applied with very exacting tolerances which means that NO Dynaudio tweeter leaves the factory with any imperfection, this is just one of 86 quality checks each speaker receives prior to being approved. With that in mind the soft dome tweeter has always been much more resilant than all other materials used and in most cases any dent or dimple can easily be sucked out with human mouth power and no other device. If any dimples are left in the material 99% of the time there will be NO audible issue and the usually the only time there is an issue is if someone uses tape or some other sticky device to pull the dent out subsequently removing some of the Doping compound. In the case of these 42 walls there should be absolutely no audible issue and in fact in some cases many of the dimples or creases can iron out over repeated use. I would most definitely list these dimples or dents in your ad but if the buyer needs any comforting regarding the performance just let me know and he/she is more than welcome to call me.
Someone asked me this recently, so I guess I'll share what Otto and company taught me during my factory visit
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2018/...o-tweeter.html
post #44210 of 44309 Old 08-15-2019, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yonson
I have to admit for the price points of the Evokes they are really good. To me they sound a little more laid back compared to the Contours which is what I generally prefer. I agree with Jeff that the 30's are the sweet spot. The 10's are really good but to me the 20's sounded a bit off. The 50's were good too but when pushed hard I thought the sound was unbalanced from top to bottom. Now that said these speakers are new out of the box except for the 20's which Tyler wasn't exactly sure how many hours were on them.
Garman and no quarter like this.
post #44211 of 44309 Old 08-15-2019, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

George: Just curious any idea when Tyler would be getting the new Confidence line? I see most places in the Asia Pacific are now getting them, based off what I was told and see on Facebook.

post #44212 of 44309 Old 08-16-2019, 05:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Last time I asked Tyler he said he isn't getting a straight answer. He was hoping to have them by now.
post #44213 of 44309 Old 08-16-2019, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Quote:
Yonson
Is that photo from Next level Audio? (Tyler’️s store) Did you get a chance to compare all the Evoke speakers? I think Jnelson said the 30’️s are the sweet spot in the lineup. He bought the 20’️s I believe for his bedroom, it looks like the 20’️s have a bigger driver than the 30’️s, so does it dig as deep as the 30’️s I wonder. Were the Borrenson hooked up, if so, how do they compare to your C4’️s?
I have to admit for the price points of the Evokes they are really good. To me they sound a little more laid back compared to the Contours which is what I generally prefer. I agree with Jeff that the 30's are the sweet spot. The 10's are really good but to me the 20's sounded a bit off. The 50's were good too but when pushed hard I thought the sound was unbalanced from top to bottom. Now that said these speakers are new out of the box except for the 20's which Tyler wasn't exactly sure how many hours were on them.
The Evoke 20’s sounded off in what kind of way? Could you elaborate in depth of what you heard that sounded disappointing?

Do it all or don't do it at all.
post #44214 of 44309 Old 08-16-2019, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodog View Post
The Evoke 20’s sounded off in what kind of way? Could you elaborate in depth of what you heard that sounded disappointing?
They didn't sound balanced to me. The bass notes just sounded like a little too much and a tad muddy in relation to the mids and highs. Again there were some hours on them (Tyler thought maybe 5 to 20) and it may part of the break in. I didn't get that from 10's 30's and 50's. Also that was my initial impression and only listened to them for a few min.
post #44215 of 44309 Old 08-16-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Quote:
Yonson
Is that photo from Next level Audio? (Tyler’️s store) Did you get a chance to compare all the Evoke speakers? I think Jnelson said the 30’️s are the sweet spot in the lineup. He bought the 20’️s I believe for his bedroom, it looks like the 20’️s have a bigger driver than the 30’️s, so does it dig as deep as the 30’️s I wonder. Were the Borrenson hooked up, if so, how do they compare to your C4’️s?
Keep in mind, at 68 yrs old George can hear a fly fart 1/4 mile away!
MUDCAT45, no quarter and yonson like this.

post #44216 of 44309 Old 08-16-2019, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Keep in mind, at 68 yrs old George can hear a fly fart 1/4 mile away!
Steve I'm only 65. If the wind is blowing right I can smell it too . You're starting to sound like your Rhettarded friend who lives in ChiRaq.
yonson likes this.
post #44217 of 44309 Old 08-16-2019, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^lol

post #44218 of 44309 Old 08-16-2019, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsax View Post
Thanks based on what i've read that seems to jive.. I have Goldenear Triton 2+s for my main two channel so I know I like the folded tweeter sound. But I also like also really like the Dynaudio sound as well. I have listend to the Excite 12s and the 38s in the last few years. The Excites 32s or the MLs will be replacing a Polk Audio monitor 60 set up i use for TV and movies

Well I ended up getting the Excite 32s.. Seller dropped the price to 850 for the Gloss Black pair, I couldn't say no that. I found an Excite 22 on Ebay that I ordered today.,

Right now i'm powering them with a Marantz 1506, which can handle 4 ohm loads, but I think I want to go head and upgrade the receiver as I'm not limited to slim feature as I was previously. looking at Denon X 3500; Marantz 5013 and Onkyo RZ830 all from Accessories4less. I know a separate amp would be better but WAF is going to dictate just a beefier receiver.. what do you all think?
post #44219 of 44309 Old 08-16-2019, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsax View Post
Well I ended up getting the Excite 32s.. Seller dropped the price to 850 for the Gloss Black pair, I couldn't say no that. I found an Excite 22 on Ebay that I ordered today.,

Right now i'm powering them with a Marantz 1506, which can handle 4 ohm loads, but I think I want to go head and upgrade the receiver as I'm not limited to slim feature as I was previously. looking at Denon X 3500; Marantz 5013 and Onkyo RZ830 all from Accessories4less. I know a separate amp would be better but WAF is going to dictate just a beefier receiver.. what do you all think?
Receivers were meant for Best Buy speakers IMO, the excites deserve at minimum a nice integrated amp to feed them properly. I am sure all the Marantz owners will condemn me for saying this, hey I own a Marantz blueray player, and a Denon receiver (not being used). Those speakers will carry you all the way up to 10-20 k electronics, and not be embarrassed. I run excite 12’s with about 30k (retail) gear in front of them...for now.

post #44220 of 44309 Old 08-16-2019, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I’ve allways wanted a pair dyns for awhile now. I did pick up finally a pair. A pair of excite 14’s which i’m actually powering with a Marantz Sr8002 in a seperate room. I find that the marantz does very well with the Dyns. Sounds fantastic imho.. dont know how the x14’s compare to the 12’s. Real
High end electronics im sure would make them better but i wouldnt sell the Marantz recievers short..

Sony XBR65A1E,(Pioneer 500m relocated), AppleTv 4K,Marantz sr7012, System Audio Loudspeakers( sa1750 mains), ML Grotto.
Eastern Electric Minimax cd, Oppo UDP-203, Toshiba HD, Pro Ject 1expression Carbon TT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page