Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1483 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8948Likes

post #44461 of 44845 Old 09-16-2019, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Anyone locally looking for a great deal on a pair of C2's, not affiliated with this seller, but they look to be in near perfect condition!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...mtid=824&kw=lg
Here you go @trvtec
trvtec likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44462 of 44845 Old 09-16-2019, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
Here you go @trvtec
Oh I've seen them. They're only about two hours away, even. But I just don't have the cash for that right now. And in this little room, I honestly don't think I'm going to see a huge improvement over what I have, for the things that matter most to me. I kinda want a speaker that can rock out like no one's looking, but also settle in and give me a convincing performance when that's what I want. The 260s do that for sure.

At this point, I'm going to stick with these for the next few years. Try to finish up the bigger room outside my current small one, and at that point, look into something a bit bigger and more capable. More than anything, I'm recognizing that I'm just very happy with what i have so while my instinct has always been to move up? I've seen just a time too many where that "difference" i got was not an improvement, overall. And I have little to complain about these days
yonson likes this.
post #44463 of 44845 Old 09-17-2019, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Hello, anyone knows difference of tweeter C1 and Contour 20, seems that C1 has extra magnet on tweeter? I guess more micro details or increased refinement?

How does the new Evoke sound? Did anyone heard or compared new series to old ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44464 of 44845 Old 09-17-2019, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by wersuss View Post
Hello, anyone knows difference of tweeter C1 and Contour 20, seems that C1 has extra magnet on tweeter? I guess more micro details or increased refinement?
It is not an extra magnet, it is a piece of ferrite for magnetic shielding. The purpose of this was to avoid affecting nearby CRT tv’s, which isn’t much of an issue anymore. In terms of performance, they are identical (however actual perceived treble performance is affected by more than the driver itself).
KenM10759 and wersuss like this.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
post #44465 of 44845 Old 09-18-2019, 04:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Otto...
Can we expect any further firmware updates for your active speakers (Xeo 30 in my case)?
post #44466 of 44845 Old 09-18-2019, 08:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1700 Post(s)
Liked: 877
I noticed that the guy on the Naim forum who was supposed to be getting Confidence 20’s “in two weeks” posted that he is still waiting, about a month later....Funny, even on the Dynaudio website, where they are describing all the features of the 20’s,(lots of mumbo jumbo by the way) call them 2018’s Confidence 20’s. Are we not almost in 2020?

Here is the blurb from the Dynaudio website, note the 2018 date.

Inside the all-new Confidence
The 2018 Confidence range features a raft of new technologies. They’ve all been conceived, engineered and perfected in Dynaudio Labs, the giant, state-of-the-art R&D facility at our HQ in Skanderborg, Denmark.
Garman likes this.

Confidence centre, XD 600's,Excite 12’s,Chord,Naim,Cary Audio.

Last edited by no quarter; 09-18-2019 at 08:16 PM.
post #44467 of 44845 Old 09-19-2019, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1912 Post(s)
Liked: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I noticed that the guy on the Naim forum who was supposed to be getting Confidence 20’s “in two weeks” posted that he is still waiting, about a month later....Funny, even on the Dynaudio website, where they are describing all the features of the 20’s,(lots of mumbo jumbo by the way) call them 2018’s Confidence 20’s. Are we not almost in 2020?

The 2018 Confidence range features a raft of new technologies. They’ve all been conceived, engineered and perfected in Dynaudio Labs, the giant, state-of-the-art R&D facility at our HQ in Skanderborg, Denmark.
Spot on, and a dual thumbs up on your comments regarding this! Sorry one of the worst Dynaudio product launches in years! .... 2018 doh!

Warning Off Topic Rant but an Important One:

Don't even get me started about China again with drug and food products, because if any of you guys have been taking Zantac (for heart burn) or Valsartan (ARB for Blood Pressure) your going to want to Google it.... It Royally pisses me off and I knew this was going to happen years ago, once you start moving Food Products and Drug products overseas we are all screwed and this is only the start.... If your taking any generic drug your going to want to ask that you get something that is at least made in the US/Canada/Israel and some of the countries in the UK that have similar standards as we do, India and China are sub-standard and are horrible at quality control in this area! I get need to have some electronics and other goods made in Asia to help keep cost down, but when your basically have a lackluster way of regulating these criminals that make this stuff is beyond me.
yonson likes this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 09-19-2019 at 09:18 PM.
post #44468 of 44845 Old 09-19-2019, 09:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ya Garman, not sure I would want to be taking medication made over there with all that tension between the two country’s. Speakers should be fine though.

post #44469 of 44845 Old 09-19-2019, 11:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ya Garman, not sure I would want to be taking medication made over there with all that tension between the two country’s. Speakers should be fine though.
Well the funny thing is no one is telling the public that they have switched their generic medication to a even cheaper med that is manufactured in India and or China. Lawsuits have already started with Zantac... Dumb ass manufactures trying to save a few cents that adds up to millions/billions at the expense to the rest.... Sad indeed.

On a more pleasant note I am finally using my HT/Music room more often, the Dyns and the Belles gear is a great match, but I just heard a First Watt Amp, that I loved! The SIT-3, not a ton of power but boy does it sound wonderfully musical!

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
post #44470 of 44845 Old 09-20-2019, 12:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well the funny thing is no one is telling the public that they have switched their generic medication to a even cheaper med that is manufactured in India and or China. Lawsuits have already started with Zantac... Dumb ass manufactures trying to save a few cents that adds up to millions/billions at the expense to the rest.... Sad indeed.

On a more pleasant note I am finally using my HT/Music room more often, the Dyns and the Belles gear is a great match, but I just heard a First Watt Amp, that I loved! The SIT-3, not a ton of power but boy does it sound wonderfully musical!
That amp sounds really nice from what I just read, but it appears there are only 250 available, do you have one at home. That might be something that would work well for me, in my apartment. Hey Garman, you seem to of listened to a lot of different gear, have you ever heard Nagra? The dealer who I got my NDS and TT 2 carries a lot of their gear, and has a Nagra MPA RCSI integrated that caught my eye, but I don’t know a lot about them, other than they cost a lot.

post #44471 of 44845 Old 09-20-2019, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

no quarter:

Nagra make some nice stuff as well, the First Watt SIT-3 has gotten a ton of rave reviews, not very powerful but musically off the charts. A 4K Amp, I hope the market gets flooded with more, I would love to pick one up used to try it out. My Belles Monoblocs and the Belles Area Int. Amp are off the charts good for the money, the Aria Int. Amp has been one of the better Int. Amps I have owned. It's a wolf in sheep clothing, very similar sounding to the SIT-3 it sounds a lot larger/musically and bigger than it looks.

post #44472 of 44845 Old 09-20-2019, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
no quarter:

Nagra make some nice stuff as well, the First Watt SIT-3 has gotten a ton of rave reviews, not very powerful but musically off the charts. A 4K Amp, I hope the market gets flooded with more, I would love to pick one up used to try it out. My Belles Monoblocs and the Belles Area Int. Amp are off the charts good for the money, the Aria Int. Amp has been one of the better Int. Amps I have owned. It's a wolf in sheep clothing, very similar sounding to the SIT-3 it sounds a lot larger/musically and bigger than it looks.
This is the only video I could find of the Nagra integrated I was referring to (I think) from the short video, it sounds awesome. Paired with some Confidence 20’s, might be something special.

post #44473 of 44845 Old 09-21-2019, 12:26 AM
Advanced Member

I got tired of looking at my F340's sitting in the corner of my bedroom so I decided to put them in my sunroom and see how they sound and do a few experiments I've been wanting to do, but don't really want to tear down my main system because it's pretty much tits IMHO...

I'm currently using the JC-1's to power my C4's since were at that time of the year when you don't need to use heat and maybe occasionally A/C, so I figured I'd start with one of the Schiit Vidar running them and then I might hook up the other one and run them as mono blocks...

For a source I broke out my oppo 105d from storage and I have the analog outs running into a Schiit Sys (set wide open) before it goes to the Vidar, I also have the coax out running into a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC which then goes into a Schiit Magni 3 for headphone use and volume control when using Modi as a DAC going to Vidar via Sys.

I've been wanting to compare the Modi MB to the DAC in the 105d which this will allow me to do fairly easily.

I also plan on swapping the F340's and my F260's since I've never used them as mains before and I've always been curious how they compare...

Finally a pic for reference...

http://yonsonracing.com/OT/f340_schiit.jpg

Last edited by yonson; 09-21-2019 at 12:31 AM. Reason: hmmm guess img tags no longer work...
post #44474 of 44845 Old 09-21-2019, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
I got tired of looking at my F340's sitting in the corner of my bedroom so I decided to put them in my sunroom and see how they sound and do a few experiments I've been wanting to do, but don't really want to tear down my main system because it's pretty much tits IMHO...

I'm currently using the JC-1's to power my C4's since were at that time of the year when you don't need to use heat and maybe occasionally A/C, so I figured I'd start with one of the Schiit Vidar running them and then I might hook up the other one and run them as mono blocks...

For a source I broke out my oppo 105d from storage and I have the analog outs running into a Schiit Sys (set wide open) before it goes to the Vidar, I also have the coax out running into a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC which then goes into a Schiit Magni 3 for headphone use and volume control when using Modi as a DAC going to Vidar via Sys.

I've been wanting to compare the Modi MB to the DAC in the 105d which this will allow me to do fairly easily.

I also plan on swapping the F340's and my F260's since I've never used them as mains before and I've always been curious how they compare...

Finally a pic for reference...

http://yonsonracing.com/OT/f340_schiit.jpg
Please post results or PM your results as I am very eager and curious to know your opinion.

On a side note, what you think of the Vidar run in stereo mode powering Dynaudio speakers? Specifically 6ohm Dynaudio’s if you happen to have experience with?

Do it all or don't do it at all.
post #44475 of 44845 Old 09-21-2019, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Yes, please post or PM results. Curious how the Vidars power the 260a/340s.
post #44476 of 44845 Old 09-21-2019, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodog View Post
Please post results or PM your results as I am very eager and curious to know your opinion.

On a side note, what you think of the Vidar run in stereo mode powering Dynaudio speakers? Specifically 6ohm Dynaudio’s if you happen to have experience with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Yes, please post or PM results. Curious how the Vidars power the 260a/340s.

So far I'm fairly impressed at how well the single Vidar works with them, which shouldn't be surprising since it puts out 200 watts per channel into 4 ohm loads (and I really love them as monoblocks on the C4's)... It definitely has enough oomph to drive them to insane volumes.

I don't have any experience with the 6 ohm Dyn's however Vidar would be ~150 per channel on them, so it should be fine.

What I really didn't expect was how much the C4's have spoiled me, which I guess is why they replaced the 340's in the first place... They have SO much more presence even in a much larger room.
post #44477 of 44845 Old 09-22-2019, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 424
I do wonder how two Vidars mono compare to say a NAIM 250DR? How do you compare the 260s vs. 340s in this case when hooked up to a single Vidar?
post #44478 of 44845 Old 09-22-2019, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

I haven't done that comparison yet, still running in the new schiit gear and getting a baseline on the 340's.
I've been away most of the weekend, hopefully I can get to it next weekend which shouldn't be as busy as this weekend was.
post #44479 of 44845 Old 09-25-2019, 10:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Today I made a call to the dealer I got my TT2 and NDS from, told him that I am interested in trading the NDS back in on some other gear, he is willing to work with me and said he will get back to me in a couple of days on what he can do. The last few days I have been using my Naim Core directly into my TT2 (BNC), taking the NDS completely out of the mix. It seems to of lost a little magic, but not by much at all really. So I am trying to trade in the NDS/XPSDR on various different items I outlined for him. Up front the main item I want is the Chord Mscaler, I also am looking for something different and preferably British, speaker wise. As much as I would love a new pair of Confidence 20’s, if they ever appear in public, they simply cost too much for me right now. He carries Kudos, but has nothing new in the store, what I really have my eye on is a pair of Harbeth compact 7ES-3’s in cherry that he has available. To put it in perspective, the price he is asking is less than a quarter the cost of C20’s. Being British myself, I have always lusted after all British gear generally. A couple of other things he has in the store is that Nagra integrated I mentioned a while back, and LFE gear, integrated and separates. The plan is to head there and do some listening, see what works for me in my situation (apartment). I recall CD Lehner had a pair of Harbeths at one point, but can’t remember which ones, but he did really like them, it was around the time he had C1’s and special 25’s.
Anyway, nobody is talking Dyn, so I figure I would bore everyone with my BS...
wersuss likes this.

post #44480 of 44845 Old 09-26-2019, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:

Back in February, it was time for a change from my C1s. At the time, I was anticipating the Confidence 20s dropping (actually I had been holding out on a speaker upgrade for years anticipating a successor to the C1) and felt conflicted when a great deal on a pair of Focal Diablo Utopias surfaced. In the end, I went for it and haven't looked back.
wersuss likes this.

2-channel: Ayre C-5xeMP; KX-5 Twenty, VX-5 Twenty, L-5xe (all black); Focal Diablo Utopia III; Cardas Golden Reference Balanced and Neutral Reference; VH Audio Flavor 1, 2, and 4; Solidsteel Hyper Spike HS-3; RealTraps MiniTraps -- Living room: Arcam FMJ CD23, FMJ AV8; Bryston 4BSST; Dynaudio C1 (rosewood); Denon DVD-3800BDCI; SVS PB10 ISD; Nordost Blue Heaven, Harmonic Technology Truth Link; Kimber Kable PBJ; BDI Avion 8927
post #44481 of 44845 Old 09-26-2019, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willng001 View Post
Back in February, it was time for a change from my C1s. At the time, I was anticipating the Confidence 20s dropping (actually I had been holding out on a speaker upgrade for years anticipating a successor to the C1) and felt conflicted when a great deal on a pair of Focal Diablo Utopias surfaced. In the end, I went for it and haven't looked back.
Glad to hear you are still enjoying the Diablo’s Will, as you know I have already owned Focal’s too. The dealer I am going to still has my S1’s actually. I just keep hearing how sweet sounding Harbeth speakers are, so am real curious to hear them. I am keeping my Dyn XD600’s, so if I want to blast Tool or Zeppelin, I am still covered. The same dealer has a nice variety of used speakers on hand, including PMC, which I have never heard either. Hopefully I can settle on something that will keep my upgraditus at bay.

post #44482 of 44845 Old 09-26-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear you are still enjoying the Diablo’s Will, as you know I have already owned Focal’s too. The dealer I am going to still has my S1’s actually. I just keep hearing how sweet sounding Harbeth speakers are, so am real curious to hear them. I am keeping my Dyn XD600’s, so if I want to blast Tool or Zeppelin, I am still covered. The same dealer has a nice variety of used speakers on hand, including PMC, which I have never heard either. Hopefully I can settle on something that will keep my upgraditus at bay.

You can always take back your S1s

Yes, I'm still enjoying my Diablos a lot. I still have my C1s in the living room system, and maybe going to upgrade the electronics for that system. But, very satisfied with my main rig.

Does your dealer have TAD? Not British, but I've heard/read good things about them.

2-channel: Ayre C-5xeMP; KX-5 Twenty, VX-5 Twenty, L-5xe (all black); Focal Diablo Utopia III; Cardas Golden Reference Balanced and Neutral Reference; VH Audio Flavor 1, 2, and 4; Solidsteel Hyper Spike HS-3; RealTraps MiniTraps -- Living room: Arcam FMJ CD23, FMJ AV8; Bryston 4BSST; Dynaudio C1 (rosewood); Denon DVD-3800BDCI; SVS PB10 ISD; Nordost Blue Heaven, Harmonic Technology Truth Link; Kimber Kable PBJ; BDI Avion 8927
post #44483 of 44845 Old 09-26-2019, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You can always take back your S1s

Yes, I'm still enjoying my Diablos a lot. I still have my C1s in the living room system, and maybe going to upgrade the electronics for that system. But, very satisfied with my main rig.

Does your dealer have TAD? Not British, but I've heard/read good things about them.
No TAD at that dealer that I am aware of. Kharma,Proac,PMC,Revel,Spendor,JBL,Kef ,Totem,Yamaha are brands he lists as carrying.The Focal’s, Kudos and Harbeths are trade ins I believe. The name of the place is Audio Eden if you want to check their website, not sure it is allowed to post links on here.
He even has a set of JBL’s listed at 110 k
willng001 likes this.

Last edited by no quarter; 09-26-2019 at 04:03 PM.
post #44484 of 44845 Old 09-28-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
No TAD at that dealer that I am aware of. Kharma,Proac,PMC,Revel,Spendor,JBL,Kef ,Totem,Yamaha are brands he lists as carrying.The Focal’s, Kudos and Harbeths are trade ins I believe. The name of the place is Audio Eden if you want to check their website, not sure it is allowed to post links on here.

I'm going to keep it respectful to the Dynaudians (should that be a word?), but good luck in your speaker search, Tony. FWIW, Harbeths look too old-fashioned for my visual tastes.

A person who is a fan of Dynaudio = Dynaudian
A crowd of people who are fans of Dynaudio = Dynaudience

I'm done.
andrex99 and no quarter like this.

post #44485 of 44845 Old 09-28-2019, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
It is not an extra magnet, it is a piece of ferrite for magnetic shielding. The purpose of this was to avoid affecting nearby CRT tv’s, which isn’t much of an issue anymore. In terms of performance, they are identical (however actual perceived treble performance is affected by more than the driver itself).

Hi, i have tried many bookshelf speakers from Dynaudio i like them all for specific reasons, any comment why C1 mk2 sounds more natural and balanced than Contour 20?
Unless you crank C20 up, C1 Mk2/Platinum has fuller sound at normal speaking volumes, is it crossovers made this way?
post #44486 of 44845 Old 09-28-2019, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2160 Post(s)
Liked: 2295
Quote:
Bro, just sell a kidney and go for them fancy pants Borressens...

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i
Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | iFi AC iPurifier | roon
post #44487 of 44845 Old 09-28-2019, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm going to keep it respectful to the Dynaudians (should that be a word?), but good luck in your speaker search, Tony. FWIW, Harbeths look too old-fashioned for my visual tastes.

A person who is a fan of Dynaudio = Dynaudian
A crowd of people who are fans of Dynaudio = Dynaudience

I'm done.
Thanks Will,I am not even sure I will end up getting new speakers really. I want to hear them first of course, I may end up with new electronics only (Mscaler) and who knows what else. The speakers I want to demo are the Harbeth compact 7 ES 3’s,Proac Tablette 10 signature’s and Kudos super 10’s. If none of them float my boat, I may sit tight with the excite 12’s for now, and keep saving and looking. Drew, the Borrenson Z01’s would be close in price to C20’s and Kudos 505’s...but I would really need to work some serious overtime to think about those. The nice thing about going to this particular dealer, he has all the same gear I have here basically, so the only difference will be the room.

post #44488 of 44845 Old 09-29-2019, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

no quarter: CD might be able to give you a better perspective on the Harbeth models etc.. I never been a fan, the boxes look like riveted pieces of plywood screwed together and for the money I think there are much better options these days! But let your own ears be that judge, I am a monitor fan and I think I am set for now, loving the Contour 20's the more and more I listen too them, no need for the Confidence 20's as they are much more expensive with modest gains in my book from what I been reading, now if and when I am able to hear them, I might change my tune. Borrenson are cool looking, but to me it's a rebadged Raidho in different clothing, but I do like the looks of them, but when listening to the Sansonic and Raidho I did like their sound but still thought Dyn's sounded more neutral and natural sounding. Personal taste just like anything these days, find something and enjoy them, I am done searching, I have much more pressing matters to deal with. LOL

post #44489 of 44845 Old 09-30-2019, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Hi, i have tried many bookshelf speakers from Dynaudio i like them all for specific reasons, any comment why C1 mk2 sounds more natural and balanced than Contour 20?
Unless you crank C20 up, C1 Mk2/Platinum has fuller sound at normal speaking volumes, is it crossovers made this way?

Wersuss, is that your own experience between C20 and C1? If yes, could you tell a bit more detail between those 2?
I was slightly considering C20 to replace my S40’s, if i do, but it seems you prefer C1mk2, so those might start top my list again.
wersuss likes this.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
post #44490 of 44845 Old 09-30-2019, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I never had the Contour 20 and C1 MK2 next to each other as I didn't own them at the same time, but I am listening to the Confidence C2 Platinum and George and I got into many friendly debates on it, as the MKII version and Platinum versions tend to play better at lower volumes than any other Dynaudio I have owned in the past. (Yes George I agree with you!) This can also be dependent on Amp being used with cross over type etc... My C2's Platinum never sounded better than now, but I am using a Belles Int. Amp with a Node2 hooked up through the new Dac I have and I had 2 installers over today putting in a drop down curtain for my sliding Glass Door, and their jaws dropped when I fired up my system. I haven't used the new Dac with my main system yet but this Dac (Glass FX Tube Dac DSD) sure made things sound better coming out of the Node2, quite a shock to me.. I am going to swap out speakers later today.. But I do remember the MKII and Platinum versions tend to play better at lower volumes. But I bet your MKII are well broken in and the C20 might not be near their level of break in yet.. Confidence C1 MKII has a Crossover Topology - 2nd order and Contour 20 is 1st Order Frequency response is different as well as cabinet, so you just might just prefer the sound more over the other, newer doesn't always mean better to "your ears" I am finding that out these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5939.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	2621776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5940.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	2621778  
andrex99 and wersuss like this.

Last edited by Garman; 09-30-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page