Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1496 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10171Likes

post #44851 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
.......To me, this hobby is awfully boring if all you do is listen to the same old gear, day in and day out.
You can also look at it from another angle. Finding the right combinations to form the sound that you are looking for is a hard task. Once you find it, you tend to stick with it for a while unless something else bests what you have. At the end of the day, this "hobby" is about listening to and enjoying music. With a full system you personally enjoy, it doesn't get boring. You look forward to getting your fix on the daily, and then move on to enjoying other parts of life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44852 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1928 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Anyone using high-quality wall outlets? I realize it's a polarizing topic, especially with the prevalent "audio scientists" crowd but I am considering one of these to try out. https://www.musicdirect.com/equipmen...on-wall-outlet Can't hurt is my take on it. Can always send it back.
Yes I have been using these for years, I used to have carbon fibre covers too, but can not use them in this apartment, since mine are single outlet, and my plate covers are dual. Can I tell a difference, who knows, but I sleep well at night knowing my bases are all covered.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...QGJlSIlzwUrzU8

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
post #44853 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Sorry y'all. The room itself is around 500-600 sq-ft. The area where I'll be listening (right triangle from couch to TV, etc) is closer to 50 sq-ft.

Didn't mean to get into the whole China debate lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44854 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 2106 Post(s)
Liked: 1026
GT: I still think for the size room the Special 40's would be ideal.

Way off topic subject: I saw a Tesla in my rearview mirror but not for long, I blinked and the thing was around me in a matter of less than seconds. Craziest thing, I have a turbo charged SUV which is quick but the acceleration of the Tesla I saw was remarkable. I kept up to the guy and said how cool I thought the acceleration was then told him to quit driving like an a s s hole! LOL 5 min later he is pulled over getting a ticket, but I never seen anything that fast off the line before he could have easily out ran anything on the road, even the cop that pulled him over!

https://www.tesla.com/models/design#battery <<<<< This was the car in black.

https://www.tesla.com/roadster <<<<<<<< Now this looks fun!

Most of the Tesla's I have seen I haven't been a fan of the looks, but boy do they move and that new roadster has a 620mile range, it would be interesting to see what the specs are and how they come up with that mile range based off of what speed you are going etc. Well it looks like 75 minutes to a full charge using a Supercharging station and the map below, I didn't realize they have built up such a huge network in such a short time.

https://www.tesla.com/findus?bounds=...tion%20charger <<<<< Pretty amazing network of Supercharging Stations.

Well now they just need a good Dynaudio sound system in it!

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
post #44855 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2399 Post(s)
Liked: 2723
Tesla is garbage. The Taycan is the only fully electric thing I would actually want to drive.
post #44856 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Tesla is garbage. The Taycan is the only fully electric thing I would actually want to drive.
And it’s too bad that all those speed accomplishments, if you are caught, will get your licence taken for a loooooong time, and car impounded...at least here in Canada.

post #44857 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
You can also look at it from another angle. Finding the right combinations to form the sound that you are looking for is a hard task. Once you find it, you tend to stick with it for a while unless something else bests what you have. At the end of the day, this "hobby" is about listening to and enjoying music. With a full system you personally enjoy, it doesn't get boring. You look forward to getting your fix on the daily, and then move on to enjoying other parts of life.
Ok, but as far as I know, you just went through several pairs of speakers recently...so you are not there either. This exact reason, is why I keep searching for the holy grail, and one of the BIG selling points of Harbeth speakers, from almost every review I read, or see on YouTube is exactly that...you forget about analyzing the music, or gear, and just sit back and enjoy the music for hours on end.

post #44858 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Ok, but as far as I know, you just went through several pairs of speakers recently...so you are not there either. This exact reason, is why I keep searching for the holy grail, and one of the BIG selling points of Harbeth speakers, from almost every review I read, or see on YouTube is exactly that...you forget about analyzing the music, or gear, and just sit back and enjoy the music for hours on end.
Let me fill you in on a little secret.....there is no "holy grail". There will always be something new, some dealer trying to sell you a dream, some marketing rant that makes you question every decision you've ever made.

I am "there". Being "there" doesn't mean you never change anything. It means you aren't searching daily for something that doesn't exist. I've been on that merry go round. I enjoy what I have, and make smart educated decisions to lose no money when I move on.

I had my Contour 20's for more than a year ran by my MAC6700 fed by a Sony Z1ES and NOTHING changed. I sold my Contour 20's because I had the chance to break even before the market drops out, all while being happy with the S40's. The Special 40's and Contour 20's both get me "there". I may rebuy Contours in the near future if I run into a steal. My dealer gave me an offer I couldn't refuse to try the Evoke 20's, so I took it. I had no interest in giving them a whirl otherwise. No money lost. I found a deal on a Naim 5si recently that would allow me to DOUBLE my money if I chose to re-sell it, so I bought it. I love my MAC6700 and haven't even had the thought to sell it. I also enjoy the Naim, and the Sony Z1ES isn't going anywhere. So you see, not much has changed. I swapped speakers to the S40's and have a nice Naim backup amp. The S40's will stay unless I run into a smoking deal on used Contours, or new Confidence down the line.

That is much different than trading in one piece of equipment to try another. Essentially, dramatically changing your system in many ways to try something else. You are jumping from active to passive, from high quality amplification to 2 watt DAC's that aren't really meant to power speakers, and from tiny monitors to large floor standers. You can waste your whole life searching for something that doesn't exist, or find your lane, explore that lane, and get "there". A place where you turn on music and enjoy it, instead of continually looking for something else.

If you want a sound that makes you just sit back and listen, then I'd suggest you look at McIntosh gear as well. Honestly though, I'd say the same thing about Naim, but you've had a very nice Naim amp that you for some reason sold off. They both get you "there" in different ways. They both just play music and don't draw attention to themselves.

No one here can tell you how to spend your money, but you have to ask yourself why you are never happy. Every piece of gear you buy seems to lead to no more happiness than the last. This isn't criticism. It's just a view from the outside looking in.
post #44859 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
LOL, OK Francis! Definitely like the looks of Porsche, but the amount of speed off the line with either car is pretty remarkable.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
post #44860 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
LOL, OK Francis! Definitely like the looks of Porsche, but the amount of speed off the line with either car is pretty remarkable.

All wheel drive and electric motors will do that. Makes my M5 look like a dog off the line. Lol.

I think hybrid setups for sports cars are definitely the future. But it will be a sad day though when there are zero gas engines. Hopefully I’ll be dead before then. Lol.
Garman likes this.
post #44861 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Make Em Dance, I am happy exploring new things...I enjoy new gear just as much as music, simple as that really. Any of the systems I have had in the last 6-7 years I could of stuck with, including my current one. No need to over analyze it, it is just what I like doing.

post #44862 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 09:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

drewTT: 110% agree!

post #44863 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 09:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Make Em Dance, I am happy exploring new things...I enjoy new gear just as much as music, simple as that really. Any of the systems I have had in the last 6-7 years I could of stuck with, including my current one. No need to over analyze it, it is just what I like doing.
I'll take Magico M3s and a Soulution front end and y'all will never hear from me again.
post #44864 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Sorry y'all. The room itself is around 500-600 sq-ft. The area where I'll be listening (right triangle from couch to TV, etc) is closer to 50 sq-ft.

Didn't mean to get into the whole China debate lol.
Maybe a picture of the layout can be helpful here.
post #44865 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 10:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'll take Magico M3s and a Soulution front end and y'all will never hear from me again.
Cool, but you see, I have never heard Magico speakers, or Solution Amps, or Harbeth speakers, so I look at my journey as a learning experience also. When I walk into a B&M Audio store, it gives me the kid in a candy store feeling, and I just want it ALL. Now growing up, we were middle class, but British born, and material things were not something I had much of, so now that I can afford (kind of) these toys, I get great pleasure out of sampling different types of gear, and oh yeah, I always loved music, living in England as a kid, when the Beatles split up, it was a HUGE deal.
KenM10759 likes this.

post #44866 of 47344 Old 11-20-2019, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 50
About the 40s.

I have now had mine for a year and I can say they are absolutely the best speakers I've had.
Using them now with the sub6 seems like the most optimal system I can buy. It is so ****ing good, so coherent and makes ALL albums a pleasure to listen to.

Dynaudio Special Forty
Moon by SimAudio 240i
post #44867 of 47344 Old 11-21-2019, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks @JNelson for introducing me to this excellent cover.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...mAN29iYo0wyGpW
Garman likes this.

post #44868 of 47344 Old 11-21-2019, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Cool, but you see, I have never heard Magico speakers, or Solution Amps, or Harbeth speakers, so I look at my journey as a learning experience also. When I walk into a B&M Audio store, it gives me the kid in a candy store feeling, and I just want it ALL. Now growing up, we were middle class, but British born, and material things were not something I had much of, so now that I can afford (kind of) these toys, I get great pleasure out of sampling different types of gear, and oh yeah, I always loved music, living in England as a kid, when the Beatles split up, it was a HUGE deal.
I wanna know what you think of Harbeth. I have always heard they have really nice mids. Not the most transparent speakers but easy going and forgiving of recording quality.
post #44869 of 47344 Old 11-21-2019, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solgryn View Post
About the 40s.

I have now had mine for a year and I can say they are absolutely the best speakers I've had.
Using them now with the sub6 seems like the most optimal system I can buy. It is so ****ing good, so coherent and makes ALL albums a pleasure to listen to.
Congrats. Really good speakers for sure. I kind of wish they made a S40 mini that I could use on my desktop.
post #44870 of 47344 Old 11-21-2019, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I wanna know what you think of Harbeth. I have always heard they have really nice mids. Not the most transparent speakers but easy going and forgiving of recording quality.
Yes me too, I will let you know...the P3ESR might be the one I end up with, which apparently work great in nearfield/desktop too.
Check out what this guy from Audioshark thinks of them compared to his big floorstanders.
https://www.audioshark.org/showthread.php?t=5776

post #44871 of 47344 Old 11-21-2019, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

no quarter: All depends on what you like for music, I like just about anything that gives me goosebumps when I listen to it..... This one lately does it for me..... They do several songs together and it works for me..

<<<<< Acoustic version..

Last edited by Garman; 11-21-2019 at 08:28 PM.
post #44872 of 47344 Old 11-21-2019, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Never heard of those two Garman, I always prefer the unplugged or live version of most songs myself. Is that song from a movie or something?...Love story,lol.

post #44873 of 47344 Old 11-21-2019, 09:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Two new artist, son was listening to it in the car a while back ago and then I put the live version on in my system and was shocked on good it sounded. Goosebumps good, not the same reaction I got in the car of course.

post #44874 of 47344 Old 11-21-2019, 10:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Dang, super impressed with the latest PS Audio FPGA upgrade to my Direct Stream DAC. Better, more 3D soundstage, blacker background, and lusher more natural sounding. Can’t stop listening, drawn more into the music. Best part is these upgrades are free. It’s like getting a new DAC pretty much once year when they roll out these major FPGA upgrades.
post #44875 of 47344 Old 11-22-2019, 08:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
no quarter: All depends on what you like for music, I like just about anything that gives me goosebumps when I listen to it..... This one lately does it for me..... They do several songs together and it works for me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06k5...pj_X2RqCaikrsM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2p5mhlQ17o <<<<< Acoustic version..
Gman, love it thanks. I have moved on to Football Chat rooms but I pop in and read. This thread still rocks.

I had not heard of these performers before but just awesome. Thanks..

Myself, I’m a funny unpolished Coldplay Super Fan. After many years they released a double album a couple days back. ****ing rocks.

Try these horns on your Dynaudio. And love the tunes you posted .

Garman likes this.
post #44876 of 47344 Old 11-22-2019, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Bad ass on good speakers. Try it out ...

Garman likes this.
post #44877 of 47344 Old 11-22-2019, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Pops who split? Coldplay rules. What a double album they just put out...

Garman likes this.
post #44878 of 47344 Old 11-22-2019, 10:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

If you are a Coldplay fan, you should LOVE this, I have the Live 8 DVD box set, and this one gets lots of playtime. https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...b3p2qxXv0OwFag

post #44879 of 47344 Old 11-23-2019, 03:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1774 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Roland in action with the Confidence 60.
He used an interesting track:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ea34.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	2644436   Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ea32.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	2644438  
post #44880 of 47344 Old 11-23-2019, 03:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1774 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page