Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1520 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10187Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #45571 of 47374 Old 02-02-2020, 02:11 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
The lack of transparency, or any communication at all really, on the side of Dynaudio regarding all these troubles doesn't inspire much confidence to be honest.

I'm quite happy with my Emit but I'm not sure I'll go the Dynaudio route when the upgrade bug bites my ass.
Roberto Calvo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #45572 of 47374 Old 02-02-2020, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
steven59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Other than Next Level I believe F1 audio still carries Dynaudio and I don't believe you need an appointment. As to waiting for delivery us Chicagoan's have the fortune of having the distribution warehouse in Evanston! I bought my speakers at the dealership and since I didn't want to wait for the order to process I picked em up myself.

Meridian dsp8000se upgrade, Vienna acoustics Beethoven's, Hegel H360, Roon Nucleus, Rega jupiter cd, Revox s26 tuner,
steven59 is offline  
post #45573 of 47374 Old 02-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Senior Member
 
andrex99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
I concur, one of the reasons I haven't even taken a look at the new Confidence line, for one they are hard to find to even audition in the US, and the wait is just unacceptable! I heard the delay was QC issues with the cabinets but who knows these days as we are not getting much feedback on what is really going on...
Aside, here i europe delivery seems to be alright within a month or two..

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
andrex99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #45574 of 47374 Old 02-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Member
 
Suboctave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wersuss View Post
Hi. I have changed resistors to Mills and capacitors to ClarityCap ESA on my C1 Signature crossovers. The sound is cleaner, more neutral, more controlled, firmer bass. Worth it if you know what you are doing.

Wersuss, glad to hear it worked for you as well. There certainly is something to this but it may be quite dependent on the speaker. "Cleaner" is a good way to put it, less smear and everything more distinct. I am thinking that instead on waiting for the Cf20's I will buy a pair of C1's and do the same as you. For the 1.3SE it only improved things and made it more like the Special 25's--in fact the mid's on the 1.3SE are now better than the S25's and that certainly was not the case before the upgrade.
Suboctave is offline  
post #45575 of 47374 Old 02-02-2020, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,622
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven59 View Post
Other than Next Level I believe F1 audio still carries Dynaudio and I don't believe you need an appointment. As to waiting for delivery us Chicagoan's have the fortune of having the distribution warehouse in Evanston! I bought my speakers at the dealership and since I didn't want to wait for the order to process I picked em up myself.
Not sure if Next Level is going to carry the Confidence line of Dynaudio anymore! Too bad as I think "Dyn's" to my ear sounds the best when it comes to speakers.

Correction in Red!
Suboctave likes this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 02-03-2020 at 06:36 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #45576 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 1,098
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Not sure if Next Level is going to carry Dynaudio anymore, especially the Confidence line... Too bad as I think "Dyn's" to my ear sounds the best when it comes to speakers.
Can't say I blame them, there's 3 or 4 other Dyn dealers in the area...
yonson is offline  
post #45577 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GTaudiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Not sure if Next Level is going to carry Dynaudio anymore, especially the Confidence line... Too bad as I think "Dyn's" to my ear sounds the best when it comes to speakers.
Woah! Say it ain't so. I've come to enjoy working with Tyler, etc.

Why is Next Level thinking of doing that?

HiFi: Dynaudio Contour C20 (White Piano) | Schiit Modi Multibit DAC | NAIM SuperNait 3
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA-DIN | Tellurium Q Black
HeadFi: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee | Schiit Fulla 3

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Focus 260 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 | NAIM SuperNait 2

GTaudiophile is offline  
post #45578 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GTaudiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 477
I have actually never looked at his Facebook page lol! I need to leave a review. From the looks of it, he is transitioning to (non-China-made) Børresen Acoustics? Are these related to Raidho? They must be close cousins. I think I also see more Aavik than NAIM on his page?

HiFi: Dynaudio Contour C20 (White Piano) | Schiit Modi Multibit DAC | NAIM SuperNait 3
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA-DIN | Tellurium Q Black
HeadFi: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee | Schiit Fulla 3

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Focus 260 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 | NAIM SuperNait 2

GTaudiophile is offline  
post #45579 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 1,098
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
I have actually never looked at his Facebook page lol! I need to leave a review. From the looks of it, he is transitioning to (non-China-made) Børresen Acoustics? Are these related to Raidho? They must be close cousins. I think I also see more Aavik than NAIM on his page?
Borresen is Michael Borresen and Lars Kristensen formerly of Raidho, thus the similarities...
yonson is offline  
post #45580 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jnelson2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Not sure if Next Level is going to carry Dynaudio anymore, especially the Confidence line... Too bad as I think "Dyn's" to my ear sounds the best when it comes to speakers.


Hi Garman

I’m not sure where you heard that Tyler and Next Level HiFi weren’t going to carry Dynaudio anymore. It is true that Next Level will be focusing on Borresen Acoustics, YG Acoustics and Focal as the premiumbrands, but his relationship as a dealer with Dynaudio will remain in tact as it has for over 15 years.

If you look at his website (www.nextlevelhifi.com), Dynaudio is listed as a partner and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. All Dynaudio products will be available through his shop. They just won’t be on the floor for demo.

Hope this clarifies this misinformation.

Jeff

Sony XBR-65A1E, XBR-55A1E, Marantz AV8805, AV7704
Naim SN3, Hi-Cap DR, NDX2, Naim Unity Core, Emotiva XPA-9, A-5175
Dynaudio Contour 30, Focus 210C, IC17, S4-W80, Evoke 10, 2X REL S/812, SVS SB-2000
Panasonic UBD-820, Bluesound Node 2i, Ansuz Mainz D2 Power Distribution,A2 and X Power and speaker cables

Last edited by jnelson2000; 02-03-2020 at 02:39 PM.
jnelson2000 is offline  
post #45581 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 5,054
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2405 Post(s)
Liked: 2734
Not having the products on the floor to demo is a pretty good sign of the status of the relationship. Can't imagine too many people buying the overpriced Borresens. Looks like Focal will be picking up the slack.
drewTT is offline  
post #45582 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,632
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Not having the products on the floor to demo is a pretty good sign of the status of the relationship. Can't imagine too many people buying the overpriced Borresens. Looks like Focal will be picking up the slack.
Kudos is popular with Naim users too, I would still love to hear the Kudos 505 against the CF20 and Borrenson 01, but all three are above what I would spend.
Jnelson, I thought there was a cheaper Borrenson standmount coming out soon, like the Raidho XT series... Z01 I think it is called? I don’t see them listed yet under products.

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
no quarter is online now  
post #45583 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jnelson2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Kudos is popular with Naim users too, I would still love to hear the Kudos 505 against the CF20 and Borrenson 01, but all three are above what I would spend.

Jnelson, I thought there was a cheaper Borrenson standmount coming out soon, like the Raidho XT series... Z01 I think it is called? I don’t see them listed yet under products.


You and me both.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Garman likes this.

Sony XBR-65A1E, XBR-55A1E, Marantz AV8805, AV7704
Naim SN3, Hi-Cap DR, NDX2, Naim Unity Core, Emotiva XPA-9, A-5175
Dynaudio Contour 30, Focus 210C, IC17, S4-W80, Evoke 10, 2X REL S/812, SVS SB-2000
Panasonic UBD-820, Bluesound Node 2i, Ansuz Mainz D2 Power Distribution,A2 and X Power and speaker cables
jnelson2000 is offline  
post #45584 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,622
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
Hi Garman

I’m not sure where you heard that Tyler and Next Level HiFi weren’t going to carry Dynaudio anymore. It is true that Next Level will be focusing on Borresen Acoustics, YG Acoustics and Focal as the premiumbrands, but his relationship as a dealer with Dynaudio will remain in tact as it has for over 15 years.

If you look at his website (www.nextlevelhifi.com), Dynaudio is listed as a partner and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. All Dynaudio products will be available through his shop. They just won’t be on the floor for demo.

Hope this clarifies this misinformation.

Jeff
Well them maybe you should ask him, sent me an e-mail on Feb 1st to me stating so, and it just sounds like it might be just the Confidence line, hence stated in my post. (Not sure) in my post... Bummer, as I think he was one of the better more flexible dealers in the Chicago area when it came to Dyn's etc.. Check your PM and I would gladly send you the e-mail as well. I do see Dyn's still on his site but maybe this just transpired or he just doesn't want to deal with trades anymore, but not having demos is tad perplexing unless he is just going to do online sales only.

I will send you a PM, as I have a power chord question.

GT: I believe some of the Børresen Acoustics cabinets are made in China, but regardless they do look nice.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 02-03-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #45585 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GTaudiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Edit: They are not ending their relationship with Dynaudio.
Garman likes this.

Last edited by GTaudiophile; 02-04-2020 at 06:49 AM.
GTaudiophile is offline  
post #45586 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,622
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Anyone know why they are ending their relationship with Dynaudio?
LOL, no one said they are ending a relationship with Dynaudio. "I was Unsure, NOT SURE" as the e-mail I got was more specific to the Confidence line and why they decided not to carry that line. I was bummed as I was looking forward to taking a drive down and checking out his new place and possibly trading up to the Confidence 30's, which will be difficult to do, if there is no demo's. Was more specific in my post in red above....

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 02-03-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #45587 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 07:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Honestly, for those of you that choose to deal with Next Level Hifi for some reason, this really shouldn't affect your ability to purchase. Dynaudio has tons of dealers across the US, products are all over the internet now at below MSRP, and there are a ton of dealers that will cut you a better deal than Tyler ever would. I guarantee you that. Secondary market values are also lower than ever on Dynaudio products, so buying used is really the smartest route.

In addition, anyone who is even considering parting ways with $10-12k for a pair of stand mount speakers might want to ask themselves why after two years, the brand can barely get them to market. Otto is clearly here reading the posts, and he won't even chime in with the reasons for the constant delays.
Suboctave and audiopacer like this.
Make Em' Dance is offline  
post #45588 of 47374 Old 02-03-2020, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,622
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
Honestly, for those of you that choose to deal with Next Level Hifi for some reason, this really shouldn't affect your ability to purchase. Dynaudio has tons of dealers across the US, products are all over the internet now at below MSRP, and there are a ton of dealers that will cut you a better deal than Tyler ever would. I guarantee you that. Secondary market values are also lower than ever on Dynaudio products, so buying used is really the smartest route.

In addition, anyone who is even considering parting ways with $10-12k for a pair of stand mount speakers might want to ask themselves why after two years, the brand can barely get them to market. Otto is clearly here reading the posts, and he won't even chime in with the reasons for the constant delays.
The reason a lot of people have dealt with Tyler on here, is because most other dealers wouldn't budge on price let alone give you a decent price on a trade in, he usually does.

In addition to the last half of your post, your spot on! After listening more to my C2's Platinums tonight and limited places to even hear the new line, they are now off my plate. I agree with you on the used market being a smart decision, but at this rate the Confidence line won't see the used market till 2025!
GTaudiophile likes this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 02-04-2020 at 06:43 AM.
Garman is offline  
post #45589 of 47374 Old 02-04-2020, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GTaudiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
Hi Garman

I’m not sure where you heard that Tyler and Next Level HiFi weren’t going to carry Dynaudio anymore. It is true that Next Level will be focusing on Borresen Acoustics, YG Acoustics and Focal as the premiumbrands, but his relationship as a dealer with Dynaudio will remain in tact as it has for over 15 years.

If you look at his website (www.nextlevelhifi.com), Dynaudio is listed as a partner and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. All Dynaudio products will be available through his shop. They just won’t be on the floor for demo.

Hope this clarifies this misinformation.

Jeff
This is the correct answer.

HiFi: Dynaudio Contour C20 (White Piano) | Schiit Modi Multibit DAC | NAIM SuperNait 3
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA-DIN | Tellurium Q Black
HeadFi: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee | Schiit Fulla 3

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Focus 260 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 | NAIM SuperNait 2

GTaudiophile is offline  
post #45590 of 47374 Old 02-04-2020, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GTaudiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
The reason a lot of people have dealt with Tyler on here, is because most other dealers wouldn't budge on price let alone give you a decent price on a trade in, he usually does.

In addition to the last half of your post, your spot on! After listening more to my C2's Platinums tonight and limited places to even hear the new line, they are now off my plate. I agree with you on the used market being a smart decision, but at this rate the Confidence line won't see the used market till 2025!
A few points:

1. I have seen Confidence in plenty of places in Europe. In fact. I just saw Cf20 at a tiny Berlin dealer back in October. Inventory doesn't seem to be the issue, so it begs the question, why are they slow in coming to the US?

2. Price isn't everything, actually. I have now dealt with Tyler a few times and building a relationship with good people who offer good service means something. Do you know how many HiFi dealers I have met who come off as sleazy, used-car, snake-oil salesmen? It is nice to find people in this business who don't immediately cause the hair on your neck to stand up and your stomach to churn.

3. Do I really think Otto watches this forum constantly? No. He probably checks in once a month. I probably would do the same if I was "attacked" the second I surfaced on here. He is just the messenger.

4. Why are used Dynaudio values plummeting? Why are dealers sour with the brand? Have they become too pedestrian? Not exclusive enough? The next Klipsch or GoldenEar? Too much emphasis on volume sales now? Does it have to do with the Chinese ownership? If that is the case, why do we also give a "pass" to Raidho and BØRRESEN as their cabinets are made in China?

Granted, I have only auditioned maybe 1% of the brands out there. I have auditioned Raidho once at a HiFi show. I have never heard BØRRESEN. I have heard Klipsch and GoldenEar. I have heard Focal, Wilson, PMC, Harbeth, Paradigm, DALI, B&W, KEF, Tekton, Avalon Acoustics, TAD, and Monitor Audio. I still contend, to my ears, that somehow Dynaudio manages to squeeze more dynamics - foot-tapping sound from the highs to the mids to the bass - out of a small "wooden" box than anyone else, especially considering bang-for-buck. Of the brands that I just mentioned, only Avalon and TAD have pleased my ears more and they cost many many many times more than what I can afford.
audiopacer likes this.

HiFi: Dynaudio Contour C20 (White Piano) | Schiit Modi Multibit DAC | NAIM SuperNait 3
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA-DIN | Tellurium Q Black
HeadFi: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee | Schiit Fulla 3

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Focus 260 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 | NAIM SuperNait 2

GTaudiophile is offline  
post #45591 of 47374 Old 02-04-2020, 07:42 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Production delays? That's a pity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
I concur, one of the reasons I haven't even taken a look at the new Confidence line, for one they are hard to find to even audition in the US, and the wait is just unacceptable! I heard the delay was QC issues with the cabinets but who knows these days as we are not getting much feedback on what is really going on...
Hi Garman; If your source is good, and they are having QC issues, I wonder in what way... Finish? Structural? If any one knows, are all Dynaudios made in Denmark or just the Confidence line? I wonder if many sub-assemblies are made in China and final assembly done in Denmark, just to receive the stamp "made in Denmark";

In any case the issue of lack of supply coupled with possibly impatient audiophiles (last I checked no one can make time) does not bode well for this new confidence series in USA anyway; Not so great on brand optics;

There are some companies like PS Audio for example, where the CEO has forum channels and openly talks about production status on the new speakers, and many other customer issues; I really appreciate this kind of transparency.

Coldness and lack of feedback in this day and age of social media, instant communications, etc., 'feels' lousy;

O well; Time to look elsewhere;
Kind regards all
Garman and Suboctave like this.
audiopacer is offline  
post #45592 of 47374 Old 02-04-2020, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GTaudiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 477
I mean if we are to believe that films like these are true to the actual manufacturing, then we can see that certain lines still have cabinets made in Denmark (or Europe) and that assembly takes place in Denmark (or Europe) and even the drivers are made in Denmark (or Europe). Not one Chinese person in any of these. I would assume products like the Music series are most likely made in China, perhaps also parts of the XD/Xeo amps.

Garman and audiopacer like this.

HiFi: Dynaudio Contour C20 (White Piano) | Schiit Modi Multibit DAC | NAIM SuperNait 3
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA-DIN | Tellurium Q Black
HeadFi: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee | Schiit Fulla 3

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Focus 260 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 | NAIM SuperNait 2


Last edited by GTaudiophile; 02-04-2020 at 08:06 AM.
GTaudiophile is offline  
post #45593 of 47374 Old 02-04-2020, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,622
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
A few points:

1. I have seen Confidence in plenty of places in Europe. In fact. I just saw Cf20 at a tiny Berlin dealer back in October. Inventory doesn't seem to be the issue, so it begs the question, why are they slow in coming to the US?

2. Price isn't everything, actually. I have now dealt with Tyler a few times and building a relationship with good people who offer good service means something. Do you know how many HiFi dealers I have met who come off as sleazy, used-car, snake-oil salesmen? It is nice to find people in this business who don't immediately cause the hair on your neck to stand up and your stomach to churn.

3. Do I really think Otto watches this forum constantly? No. He probably checks in once a month. I probably would do the same if I was "attacked" the second I surfaced on here. He is just the messenger.

4. Why are used Dynaudio values plummeting? Why are dealers sour with the brand? Have they become too pedestrian? Not exclusive enough? The next Klipsch or GoldenEar? Too much emphasis on volume sales now? Does it have to do with the Chinese ownership? If that is the case, why do we also give a "pass" to Raidho and BØRRESEN as their cabinets are made in China?

Granted, I have only auditioned maybe 1% of the brands out there. I have auditioned Raidho once at a HiFi show. I have never heard BØRRESEN. I have heard Klipsch and GoldenEar. I have heard Focal, Wilson, PMC, Harbeth, Paradigm, DALI, B&W, KEF, Tekton, Avalon Acoustics, TAD, and Monitor Audio. I still contend, to my ears, that somehow Dynaudio manages to squeeze more dynamics - foot-tapping sound from the highs to the mids to the bass - out of a small "wooden" box than anyone else, especially considering bang-for-buck. Of the brands that I just mentioned, only Avalon and TAD have pleased my ears more and they cost many many many times more than what I can afford.
My personal opinion is Dynaudio has limited supply of the Confidence line, and therefore are going to be very specific to what dealers get them and the ones that do not based on availability at least for 2020... Since there are so many dealers in Chicago area I can see only a few dealers having access to them which again is limited for various reasons mentioned in this thread by many.

1.) Quality concerns maybe on where cabinets are made which is still in question.

2.) Totally agree, but there are others and anyone have a good dealer they work with PM me.. Since we do not have any in Wisconsin.

3.) Once a month seems about right, but he should answer direct questions with direct answers.. Some people just won't care where the cabinets are from, some will.

4.) I think they are branching out trying to become a bigger brand, especially when you see them on Audio Advisor/Music Direct and World Wide Stereo for sale online..

Agree with you on your last statement about Dyn's, and I do love the sound of TAD as well.

Peter on here did a nice write up on his blog as he has had first hand experience via a plant tour, but a lot could have changed by now since that was back in May of 2018...

http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2018/...ory-visit.html

But this is like kicking a dead horse topic that hasn't changed much in 2+ years!
Suboctave and audiopacer like this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 02-04-2020 at 04:12 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #45594 of 47374 Old 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 1,098
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Going forward I would highly suggest to Dynaudio, do NOT announce anything else until it's ready to ship WORLDWIDE!
Garman, jnelson2000, nadyn and 1 others like this.
yonson is offline  
post #45595 of 47374 Old 02-04-2020, 07:00 PM
Member
 
Suboctave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
Going forward I would highly suggest to Dynaudio, do NOT announce anything else until it's ready to ship WORLDWIDE!

Yes I agree, like a lot of you here, I am a fan and have used Dyn's for over 25 years--- never have I seen the company behave like this.
Suboctave is offline  
post #45596 of 47374 Old 02-05-2020, 08:01 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Well let's cut them some slack

They make really musical and awesome speakers overall; There is something really right to the treble/midrange transition in particular; They can be picky in that they need competent source components to truly reveal all they are capable of, but when the stars align, lighting can be bottled.

I'm sure they will figure it out; At least they are much prettier than the Tesla Truck and as far as I know no speaker drivers popped out at wherever the world's first unveiling was; Can you imagine Elon Musk's blood pressure when not one but 2 bullet proof windows were smashed on stage...yikes!
Suboctave likes this.

Last edited by audiopacer; 02-05-2020 at 08:29 AM.
audiopacer is offline  
post #45597 of 47374 Old 02-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can anyone comment if Audio Research REF75SE amp can drive my Focus 380 speakers? I don't listen to music very loud (55 to 65 db measured with phone from 7ft way from the speakers). I want to experience Tube amp
Jumpup is offline  
post #45598 of 47374 Old 02-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpup View Post
Can anyone comment if Audio Research REF75SE amp can drive my Focus 380 speakers? I don't listen to music very loud (55 to 65 db measured with phone from 7ft way from the speakers). I want to experience Tube amp
Sure; it will definitely make music and since it's a tube, if it does clip it will be very graceful and just compress a bit; At 7 feet and according to your specs, this would be super loud, probably around 95 dB at your seat;

Have fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spl.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	2680794  
audiopacer is offline  
post #45599 of 47374 Old 02-05-2020, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,622
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopacer View Post
They make really musical and awesome speakers overall; There is something really right to the treble/midrange transition in particular; They can be picky in that they need competent source components to truly reveal all they are capable of, but when the stars align, lighting can be bottled.

I'm sure they will figure it out; At least they are much prettier than the Tesla Truck and as far as I know no speaker drivers popped out at wherever the world's first unveiling was; Can you imagine Elon Musk's blood pressure when not one but 2 bullet proof windows were smashed on stage...yikes!
Been a fan for many years, unfortunately this has to be one of their worst launches of a new product line, we are going on 2 years and very little inventory in the US and now only limited dealers will have them. Hopefully that will change, and looking at this picture it looks like they just chopped the top off the C2 and re-tooled the front baffle and base. I am sure more went into it, but I am not biting. I might on a pair of Confidence 20's if they ever make it to a dealer new me... Lets face it the Tesla is a radical redesign of the norm, this doesn't even come close..

I do agree with your first comment that's for sure!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	84445200_10157492602698891_6843590014589206528_o.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	2680798  
Suboctave and audiopacer like this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 02-05-2020 at 10:10 AM.
Garman is offline  
post #45600 of 47374 Old 02-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopacer View Post
Sure; it will definitely make music and since it's a tube, if it does clip it will be very graceful and just compress a bit; At 7 feet and according to your specs, this would be super loud, probably around 95 dB at your seat;

Have fun!
Jumpup is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off