Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1564 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10184Likes

post #46891 of 47373 Old 05-23-2020, 10:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
callas01: Not sure what you where using with the KEF LS50 when you had them, but after having them for 5 days in my main system with my main Belles gear, I almost didn't sell them! Compared to the Contour 20, they don't have the class to keep up, but at $899 right now, I would say they would be the speaker to beat under 2K and under, pretty impressive. Very impressive in near field, I am tempted to get the LSX version for my office and just get rid of all the other clutter.... I just put two sets of smaller speakers up for sale and a small Teac Int. I been using in my office, just simplifying and moving stuff sitting out...

CD: What's your take on the KEF, LSX or LS50 as I know you had them at one point... Office system, going to try a good powered speaker set hooked to my computer...

On the Aqua Dac note, so far the Microrendu and Audirvana software is a great combo without having to buy a separate streamer and the sound quality going over Ethernet has been superb.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 05-24-2020 at 01:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #46892 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 01:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 108
So the new Contour i-series was released about a month ago as I understand it.

Is there anyone here on the forum that has listened to them, or are there any reviews published?

I'm particularly interested in the Contour 30i, but general listening impressions from any model in the new i-series would be very appreciated. Especially comparisons with the previous non-i Contour models, and how they differ sound-wise.
post #46893 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 04:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjodor2000 View Post
So the new Contour i-series was released about a month ago as I understand it.

Is there anyone here on the forum that has listened to them, or are there any reviews published?

I'm particularly interested in the Contour 30i, but general listening impressions from any model in the new i-series would be very appreciated. Especially comparisons with the previous non-i Contour models, and how they differ sound-wise.
I'm a member of two Dynaudio groups on Facebook. The original versus "i" question has come up from a few people, all of which have listened to the new version. Some, likely from dealers, have posted some hyperbole about the new speaker, calling it significantly better. A common phrase is that the bass digs deeper. Still others say they prefer the sound of the old speaker, saying the original are more true to the Dynaudio house sound. Others also question the materials used in the new version; some argue the new one went on a cost cutting diet. The new one does weigh like 1.5kg less than the old if I recall. That's about it. There are one or two formal reviews of the "i" out there and they don't mention anything significant versus the original.

There are quite a few mint used Contour 30 out there. Brilliant speaker!
Fjodor2000 likes this.

HiFi: Dynaudio Contour C20 (White Piano) | Schiit Modi Multibit DAC | NAIM SuperNait 3
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA-DIN | Tellurium Q Black
HeadFi: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee | Schiit Fulla 3

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Focus 260 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 | NAIM SuperNait 2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #46894 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
I'm a member of two Dynaudio groups on Facebook. The original versus "i" question has come up from a few people, all of which have listened to the new version. Some, likely from dealers, have posted some hyperbole about the new speaker, calling it significantly better. A common phrase is that the bass digs deeper. Still others say they prefer the sound of the old speaker, saying the original are more true to the Dynaudio house sound. Others also question the materials used in the new version; some argue the new one went on a cost cutting diet. The new one does weigh like 1.5kg less than the old if I recall. That's about it. There are one or two formal reviews of the "i" out there and they don't mention anything significant versus the original.

Ok, so mixed impressions so far then. I checked the weight, and the Contour 30 is 34.4 kg, and the new Contour 30i is 31.4 kg. So there's definitely a weight difference like you said. There's are non-weight-dependent improvements on the 30i though; new Esotar 2i tweeter, new crossover, and new woofer spider suspension.

Hard to know what all the differences amounts to sound quality-wise. Regarding the bass that you said it digs a bit deeper on the 30i. I hope this does not make it less tight though (the review in paragraph below indicates that it's actually tighter, so no worries there perhaps). Also, according to the tech specs the lower frequency response threshold is still 32 Hz.

Regarding reviews, I found one of the Contour 20i from hifi.nl in Dutch, Google translated to English here. In general it was very positive. Have you found any reviews of the i-Series in addition to this one (a link would be appreciated in that case)?
post #46895 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Ok, so mixed impressions so far then. I checked the weight, and the Contour 30 is 34.4 kg, and the new Contour 30i is 31.4 kg. So there's definitely a weight difference like you said. There's are non-weight-dependent improvements on the 30i though; new Esotar 2i tweeter, new crossover, and new woofer spider suspension.

Hard to know what all the differences amounts to sound quality-wise. Regarding the bass that you said it digs a bit deeper on the 30i. I hope this does not make it less tight though (the review in paragraph below indicates that it's actually tighter, so no worries there perhaps). Also, according to the tech specs the lower frequency response threshold is still 32 Hz.

Regarding reviews, I found one of the Contour 20i from hifi.nl in Dutch, Google translated to English here. In general it was very positive. Have you found any reviews of the i-Series in addition to this one (a link would be appreciated in that case)?
If you dont mind translate, a review from c30i same magazine here with compare to c30.

https://hifi.nl/artikel/28950/Review...nismaking.html
Fjodor2000 likes this.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter
post #46896 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I am on a couple of those forums, as though I can't stand "Facebook" lately even false information hits the forums on how much better something is, take it with a grain of salt as Dynaudio Contour series/Special 40 speaker got rave reviews before they changed it to the "i" series, most of the people talking about how much better they are don't have both pairs sitting side by side.. Frankly you can get great deals on current models, the "i" series from my understanding hasn't hit the US yet. Most reviews are going to say they are better, but for them to be "believable" to me, is they have the current versions to compare them... either way you look at it your going to get a great speaker.
andrex99 likes this.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
post #46897 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

On another note: Trying to declutter and simply, any recommendations on a good computer/office system for music Looking at the KEF LSX/Dynaudio possibly but want a near field speaker "powered" that will sound good without breaking the bank. Been using some NAD/PSB speakers and a small Int. Amp and some other Dali speakers as well, getting rid of all of that to simply it more...

post #46898 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3656 Post(s)
Liked: 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
On another note: Trying to declutter and simply, any recommendations on a good computer/office system for music Looking at the KEF LSX/Dynaudio possibly but want a near field speaker "powered" that will sound good without breaking the bank. Been using some NAD/PSB speakers and a small Int. Amp and some other Dali speakers as well, getting rid of all of that to simply it more...
I've spent time with LSX speakers. Easily 90% of what LS50 Wireless are in sound quality. Get a good app on your desktop PC or phone, stream without using the somewhat inept KEF app.

Of the different fabric finishes, the green with red driver is the only one that has the designer Michael Young's signature. In the UK there's a "Soundwave Edition" from another British designer.
Garman likes this.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, E.A.T. C-Major TT w/Ortofon Quintet Blue cart.
post #46899 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1209 Post(s)
Liked: 3320
Quote:
CD: What's your take on the KEF, LSX or LS50 as I know you had them at one point... Office system, going to try a good powered speaker set hooked to my computer...
I never had, either powered LS50s; or LSX.

I've certainly, been tempted to buy some LSX; for a Bedroom system, that I've been missing...since I took my pair of Sonos Ones, to the Office.

While I'm sure, the LSX would bury them; you are talking, $1250. vs. 400/pr

1 - All The Music In The World > PS Audio Stellar Gain DAC > Dynaudio X14As
2 - All The Music In The World > > Dynaudio EMIT M10s

FS: ARCAM A29 IA
post #46900 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1209 Post(s)
Liked: 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Lol. Harsh but true.
ToddDavid; understandably...you're probably a bit gun-shy. Don't let, any of us; run you off.

Believe it or not; we're a friendly group. Most of us...have been posting a l o n g time; so maybe we're too intolerant of noobies (though we welcome them, enthusiastically, to the Dyn family).

And; we don't like, AVRs much...lol. But please; enjoy those X18s...and stay a part of the community.
andrex99 likes this.

1 - All The Music In The World > PS Audio Stellar Gain DAC > Dynaudio X14As
2 - All The Music In The World > > Dynaudio EMIT M10s

FS: ARCAM A29 IA
post #46901 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1497 Post(s)
Liked: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDavid View Post
Speaking of volume, how difficult are the X18’s to blow? If the bass is set to 0 [neutral] and the crossover is at 80, can they play to -5 dB on my older Yamaha HTR 6090 that’s allegedly rated at 840 total watts?
When I had a HT system, I found that a very well placed 5.1 or 5.2 was better then a “fit it in” 7.1 system. Currently my main system is 2.1 because my house now doesn’t support a well laid out 5.1 and it’d be hard to mount speakers and run wires without re-drywalling the rooms. My other room has a 3.0 where my kids are. I honestly don’t miss the surround sound system.

I enjoyed Marantz, I had both a 5010 and a 7007 at different times. Better then the Integra 40.1 I had.

Dynaudio Contour 20, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
post #46902 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Still others say they prefer the sound of the old speaker, saying the original [Contour] are more true to the Dynaudio house sound [than the new Contour i-series].

Would you care to elaborate on this? Is the original Contour more laid back, and the Contour i-series more forward? Or what does it mean that the Contour i-series is less true to the Dynaudio house sound?
andrex99 likes this.
post #46903 of 47373 Old 05-24-2020, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Quote:
Would you care to elaborate on this? Is the original Contour more laid back, and the Contour i-series more forward? Or what does it mean that the Contour i-series is less true to the Dynaudio house sound?

House’ sound is a subjective term. Maybe we prefer what we accustomed of and take it as our reference.

Reading the reviews, to me it seems they retained lot of same character.

The tech they use in the new tweeters though, if i compare between esotar 2 and 3, bring out more natural, clearer, faster and much more (micro) detail.
That could be why some prefer older model, maybe they are more foregiving on source?
Or more relaxed, some further soundstage?
But if your source is fine, than ‘new’ dynaudio gives you more layers in music / sound. At least what i expect in new ‘ i ‘ Contour based on new Confidence experience and reading the latest reviews.
Fjodor2000 likes this.

Special 40s, Moon350PD, Moon 330A, Moon Neo 310LP, Thorens TD2001 AT9 ART9, Media center Jriver all linear powered, Puc Lite USB converter

Last edited by andrex99; 05-24-2020 at 09:58 PM.
post #46904 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Em' Dance View Post
Quote:
Thanks.
Unfortunately I can’️t spend more than $800-1000 for this first amp, and I don’️t know if I can go the route of a 2 channel integrated on top of a new AVR.

Which of the budget amps will pair the best with the Excites?... and also which AVR brands? Within my budget I think I’️m between a Marantz 6013 and Integra DRX 4.2... or perhaps a Marantz 7012.

Am I better off for the time being just using the AVR’️s amp in 2 channel and maybe grabbing something like an Outlaw 5000 to give everything a boost?
Personally, I would buy a decent used receiver in the $300-400 range, save up just a bit more, and then buy a quality amplifier in the $1,000 range to run your front mains. Something like a used Naim 5si can be had in the $1,000 range.

If you care about warranty, you could buy a smaller Marantz NR1510 from accessories4less for $449. You don't need much power to run a center and a pair of surrounds to begin with. They play limited information. Then save up a little more for a quality 2 channel amp to run your mains.
what about a used Rega Elex R for under a grand?
I heard the Rega Brio and Musical Fidelity M3i and Naim Nait 5i, I bought the Naim. I would probably consider Hegel if I ever switched from Naim, but I now have a SuperNait 3 and have no desire to make any changes.

Dynaudio Contour 20, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
post #46905 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Dane freaks; anyone given Jamo the time of day? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG]
OMG years ago before Klipsch bought them... warm speakers. I ended up buying Energy speakers at the time.

post #46906 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
I've done that a few times. In at least three iterations of my HT system, I used a high quality 2-channel integrated with a unity gain/HT bypass input, along with an AVR with pre-out for the front L&R channels. I had my stereo sources going direct to the integrated, and multichannel sources going through the AVR. For me, the priority was to get better sound out of the front L&R channels.
Thanks Red. In that case, should I be wanting an integrated amp capable of streaming its own music [for nights of 2-channel listening], while having my other streaming source running through the AVR for the times I want multi-channel stereo? .... or can I run a single streaming source through the AVR and still have it used by the integrated amp in 2 channel stereo?
I’ve run AVRs with HT Bypass/AV Gain for years, until last year when we bought this house. So call it 12 years or so....

If as you mention above, 2-ch isn’t your preference then don’t worry about an Integrated Amp, just buy a solid receiver I’d say buy something like an Anthem 720. I know it’s over your budget but musically it’ll sound better then the Marantz/Denon and Integra models, I’ve owned both. I even have an Onkyo in my bedroom.

The Anthem is a powerful, uses toroidal transformers, sounds good, can power all the channels you require. Then get a good streaming device later and be complete. It will still sound great in 2-ch if the mood strikes.

post #46907 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
callas01: Not sure what you where using with the KEF LS50 when you had them, but after having them for 5 days in my main system with my main Belles gear, I almost didn't sell them! Compared to the Contour 20, they don't have the class to keep up, but at $899 right now, I would say they would be the speaker to beat under 2K and under, pretty impressive. Very impressive in near field, I am tempted to get the LSX version for my office and just get rid of all the other clutter.... I just put two sets of smaller speakers up for sale and a small Teac Int. I been using in my office, just simplifying and moving stuff sitting out... [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG] .
I listened to them with a T+A R series Integrated amp. And then we switched to S1.4 and finally 380s.
Garman likes this.

post #46908 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
I've spent time with LSX speakers. Easily 90% of what LS50 Wireless are in sound quality. Get a good app on your desktop PC or phone, stream without using the somewhat inept KEF app.

Of the different fabric finishes, the green with red driver is the only one that has the designer Michael Young's signature. In the UK there's a "Soundwave Edition" from another British designer.
Ken,

Thanks I just sold about 4 pieces of gear and used funds for buying the Aqua Dac which I am extremely pleased with, and I did find a new pair of the KEF LSX in black/grey color that are coming this week. Way too much clutter my desktop and wanted a more clean look.. I was going to look at a pair of 110A which I had before or the XEO but I had issues with 2 pairs, so I decided to give KEF a chance since they do nearfield very well. I was going to use the KEF LS50, but they just were too big for desk and defeated the purpose of simplifying.

post #46909 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
I’ve run AVRs with HT Bypass/AV Gain for years, until last year when we bought this house. So call it 12 years or so....

If as you mention above, 2-ch isn’t your preference then don’t worry about an Integrated Amp, just buy a solid receiver I’d say buy something like an Anthem 720. I know it’s over your budget but musically it’ll sound better then the Marantz/Denon and Integra models, I’ve owned both. I even have an Onkyo in my bedroom.

The Anthem is a powerful, uses toroidal transformers, sounds good, can power all the channels you require. Then get a good streaming device later and be complete. It will still sound great in 2-ch if the mood strikes.
Anthem MRX-720 does not have toroidal transformer. 2 of the Atmos channels are class D with 60 watts on both 720 and 1120.
post #46910 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
I’️ve run AVRs with HT Bypass/AV Gain for years, until last year when we bought this house. So call it 12 years or so....

If as you mention above, 2-ch isn’️t your preference then don’️t worry about an Integrated Amp, just buy a solid receiver I’️d say buy something like an Anthem 720. I know it’️s over your budget but musically it’️ll sound better then the Marantz/Denon and Integra models, I’️ve owned both. I even have an Onkyo in my bedroom.

Anthem MRX-720 does not have toroidal transformer. 2 of the Atmos channels are class D with 60 watts on both 720 and 1120.
So just the 1120 has the toroidal? Their pics are a bit misleading then.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2B90F075-3BDF-43F2-A07F-E1EB8F18C987_1590432003747.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	2732404  

post #46911 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2404 Post(s)
Liked: 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post

I am digging the LSX in the bedroom and I agree with you them being really close to the LS50. The great midrange is there in spades. The KEF app is pretty awful but I just use Roon to feed them.
Garman and KenM10759 like this.
post #46912 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Talking about Kef speakers on a Dynaudio forum?, the nerve...

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
post #46913 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

no quarter: LOL, main system is minus Dynaudio now! I did mention Dynaudio in my post.. lol

post #46914 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1930 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
no quarter: LOL, main system is minus Dynaudio now! I did mention Dynaudio in my post.. lol
Ya it gets awfully boring and slow here if all you talk about is how great Dynaudio is, when in fact, there is a whole world of other gear out there. It appears that a few of us have moved on.
KenM10759 likes this.

Nagra,Chord,Naim,Rega RP-10,Peak Consult Incognito
post #46915 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Ya it gets awfully boring and slow here if all you talk about is how great Dynaudio is, when in fact, there is a whole world of other gear out there. It appears that a few of us have moved on.
I still have 10 Dynaudio speakers. Should I seek help?
yonson likes this.

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
post #46916 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
I still have 10 Dynaudio speakers. Should I seek help?
I'm right there with you, 12 if you count center channels...
post #46917 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
I'm right there with you, 12 if you count center channels...
I was counting center channel and sub:
Audience 72
Audience 122C
Audience 62
Audience 52SE
Sub500
Confidence C2 Platinum

Clearaudio Ovation/Universal Dynavector XV-1s
Naim Audio SuperLine/NDX2/XPS DR/NAC-252/SuperCap DR/NAP-300 DR/Fraim
Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum (Piano Black) REL R-328 x 2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom, Mu-so Qb2; Dynaudio Audience 52SE (Cherry)
post #46918 of 47373 Old 05-25-2020, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
No intention of moving on, just going to enjoy what I have.... My last piece of the puzzle was just a good Dac, I have a backup system which I could easily live with as well, just don't have time to check anything out right now. Now that could chance once kids are out of the house, but still got a couple more years yet.

RaceTripper/Yonson: Some oldies but good ones! My vary first system was LR120 X 5 for HT.... I had Confidence 3/5 etc.. way too long to list, but pretty easy to go through a ton of Dynaudio's when you work at a store, and they were are number #1 brand... I think I might have had 30-40 different pairs over the years.

Last edited by Garman; 05-25-2020 at 10:09 PM.
post #46919 of 47373 Old 05-26-2020, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
I was counting center channel and sub:
Audience 72
Audience 122C
Audience 62
Audience 52SE
Sub500
Confidence C2 Platinum
Nice.

I don't have any Dyn subs, when I move and downsize to monitors only I'll probably pick up a Sub 6 or 2, but who knows when that will be now...
RaceTripper likes this.
post #46920 of 47373 Old 05-26-2020, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
If you're willing to go used, I found a mint condition pair of Dynaudio BM-6a mkII for a really great price on the used market locally. They sound incredible, but keep in mind they're not an all-in-one system. They need to be fed with a DAC/preamp for D/A conversion and volume control. Well worth it though.
Garman likes this.

Main System: Vizio P70 4K TV. Selah Vigore Speakers. KEF Q100 Rear L/R, Mirage BPS 400 LFE Sub. (2x)Rythmik FM8 Subs. Denon AVR-X4500H Receiver. Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Integrated (2 channel). Oppo BDP-103. Zappiti Mini 4K HDR. GIK 242 Panels, Tri Traps, Monster Bass Trap. Various Vicoustic Desktop: Dynaudio BM6A mkII. Paradigm SUB10 w/ PBK. Cambridge DACMagic+ DAC. GIK 242 Panels, Monster Bass Trap Master Bedroom: Vizio M55 4K HDR. BG Radia In-Wall/Ceiling Speakers (5.2.2). NAD T758v3 Receiver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page