Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 966 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8545Likes

post #28951 of 43861 Old 04-21-2016, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Stand 3,what do you have your Xeo 2's on?

Very nice looking speakers IMO,what you have there with the micro mega is kind of similar to what's inside the xd's...i think
XEO 3 on VTI stands. Similar look to an older Dyn stand. Stand 4 maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28952 of 43861 Old 04-21-2016, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 265
I really like those Target stand
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2247[1].jpg
Views:	76
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	1396514  

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
post #28953 of 43861 Old 04-21-2016, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1569 Post(s)
Liked: 823
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c...mpares-2_music
In honour of Prince's passing...probably my favourite song that HE wrote...brings back good memories

5.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50,, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50,power lines,Focal Sopra 1,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28954 of 43861 Old 04-21-2016, 08:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

There is a guy on the Chord Dave forum that tested these cable/interconnect adapters,says they were revolutionary...might be the same idea as those Ansuz cables and Mainz power blocks that you always refer to Octadyn,could be the next big thing?

5.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50,, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50,power lines,Focal Sopra 1,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.

Last edited by no quarter; 04-22-2016 at 08:40 AM.
post #28955 of 43861 Old 04-21-2016, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
Now that there is funny! Not because it won't work...but specifically because it DOES. And does so without the thick jacketing, UEF Technology active shielding, precious metal EM cells or cable elevators. And I am not one bit surprised.
So does it work with any speaker or is it specifically designed for Sopra? If so then is this the future that you do away with all pre-amp, amp, power blocks etc. and just put this and it's all done?

Just curious to understand this a bit more. Didn't get a chance to know about this at AXPONA.
post #28956 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixman18 View Post
So does it work with any speaker or is it specifically designed for Sopra? If so then is this the future that you do away with all pre-amp, amp, power blocks etc. and just put this and it's all done?

Just curious to understand this a bit more. Didn't get a chance to know about this at AXPONA.
I think he's saying you don't need garden hose speaker wire for it to sound good.
Garman, OctaDyn_Dude and KenM10759 like this.

post #28957 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1805 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Is a Audio signal always AC? I have seen DC Amps that don't use any AC current? Ok he explains it, now how much is he going to charge for his cables!

amatuerholic: I get that but then he will charge 29 grand for a pair regardless your getting screwed in some way! LOL!!! There is no way in hell cables should cost this much, there isn't even an comprehensible answer anyone can give why they cost so much! Except draining good hard earned cash from your wallet. Hell I could go to a lot of live concerts and actually hear live music and sit in the first 10 rows for that kind of cash!

http://www.highfidelitycables.com/pr...peaker/ct1urh/

"If as you say you can hear the difference, you should be able to measure the difference. Where are your results?" <<<<<<Best questions asked on the YouTube thread and if they don't answer it I say just more BS! Do a double blind test and use some cheap cable verses this stuff with zero influence from anyone making suggestions about what your hearing.

I like well balanced cables that are made well and that are shielded well, if you take any decently priced cables and put them up in a double blind test it would be very interesting to hear what the results are. I would love to actually hear why cables made in China by some Chinese worker getting paid 2 dollars a day cost so much! Not saying these are those cables, but we all know there are many made this way! Sorry I love well made recordings/speakers, equipment but the tweaking ends up dead last on my list on ways to improve the sound..... Room/Speakers/Equipment then work your way down..

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; 04-22-2016 at 09:35 AM.
post #28958 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 893
While you guys are all debating the merits of pricing silver plated copper cables; I cliff jumped from the big rock and then swam with turtles, and visited the Maui Blowhole!

Chucka, Garman, CDLehner and 5 others like this.

Last edited by callas01; 04-22-2016 at 10:36 AM.
post #28959 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 155
We have talked a lot about Dyn vs. Raidho vs. Scansonic. Has anyone done any comparisons of Dyn vs. Dali?
post #28960 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
We have talked a lot about Dyn vs. Raidho vs. Scansonic. Has anyone done any comparisons of Dyn vs. Dali?
Callas and myself did but I only heard the old gen Concept and Ikon from Dali but it does not count anymore, I did see the Helicon back in 2015 in Montreal but did not get to hear them.

I know Dalis sound great as well, the ribbon on the Ikon is nice an smooth, really enjoyed listening to them and it was back a while ago when Dynaudio had just released the x-32. Hard to recall the exact sound signature of the Ikon 5 but I know I enjoyed their sound, pretty smooth and dynamic.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''

Last edited by BigAl87; 04-22-2016 at 11:59 AM.
post #28961 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Callas: Back at ya! I jumped 25 feet into the Caribbean Ocean off a Catamaran and ended up jaring a Kidney Stone loose! I wonder how cables sound underwater... No static...... LOL ;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6641.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1398210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6603.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	1398218  

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
post #28962 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have owned and own Dali's as well all at the same time. The Epicon and Rubicon are their higher end lines, but really not nearly as good, in my opinion. There less expensive lines are very good though for the money.. Zensor and Ikon line, they use a dual tweeter, with the exception of the Zensor and some of the Rubicons. Nice but they don't seem to do voices as well when you get up to their higher end lines, not sure why it could have just been me.
BigAl87 and Matrixman18 like this.

post #28963 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Is a Audio signal always AC? I have seen DC Amps that don't use any AC current? Ok he explains it, now how much is he going to charge for his cables!
Gar come on - the audio signal is always AC and all electronics use AC power converted to DC to power transistors and tubes. Only transformers and some motors run on AC

Quote:
"If as you say you can hear the difference, you should be able to measure the difference. Where are your results?" <<<<<<Best questions asked on the YouTube thread and if they don't answer it I say just more BS! Do a double blind test and use some cheap cable verses this stuff with zero influence from anyone making suggestions about what your hearing.
Show me the measured difference proving beyond a shadow of doubt that Dyns sounds better the Dali or even Bose. Show me a measured difference proving a Musical Fidelity amp sounds better or worse than NAD. How do measure how many layers of resolution you hear between 2 brands of speakers or which tweeter sounds harsh vs smooth.

Edit just use your ears. If you like them get them if not don't

Last edited by OctaDyn_Dude; 04-22-2016 at 03:01 PM.
post #28964 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
There is a guy on the Chord Dave forum that tested these cable/interconnect adapters,says they were revolutionary...might be the same idea as those Ansuz cables and Mainz power blocks that you always refer to Octadyn,could be the next big thing?
Mark - No it's not the same as Ansuz or Nordost which are pretty close to each other. Nordost is only for AC power where Ansuz is now using it on all cables. In fact the IC's have a separate power supply. What gets me about the video is is they mention modifying the speakers and Amp too. I think I understand what they are trying to do. First do you understand the skin effect with wires? If not here is the BASICS of a solid core wire. Low frequencies (up to about 100hz) the electrons will run more through the center of the wire where higher frequencies (above 100hz) electrons run on the outer part of a wire (usually a micron or 2 deep). So by getting a larger gauge wire you have more surface area. With stranded wire you will get more surface because the multiple wires will be touching each other in multiple places besides the sum of all the outer surfaces. The drawback is that the electrons traveling on the skin of the wire will jump from wire to wire where they touch. The stranded wire vs solid core argument.

If those tubes are setting up a magnetic field properly they may be pushing the electrons deeper (maybe 10-20 microns) into the wire for more surface area. Once the signal leaves those tube they will be back to the outer skin of the wire again.

The frequencies I mentioned are not exact but pretty close

I haven't heard them but sure have seen a lot of ads on Agon for them.
post #28965 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Mark - No it's not the same as Ansuz or Nordost which are pretty close to each other. Nordost is only for AC power where Ansuz is now using it on all cables. In fact the IC's have a separate power supply. What gets me about the video is is they mention modifying the speakers and Amp too. I think I understand what they are trying to do. First do you understand the skin effect with wires? If not here is the BASICS of a solid core wire. Low frequencies (up to about 100hz) the electrons will run more through the center of the wire where higher frequencies (above 100hz) electrons run on the outer part of a wire (usually a micron or 2 deep). So by getting a larger gauge wire you have more surface area. With stranded wire you will get more surface because the multiple wires will be touching each other in multiple places besides the sum of all the outer surfaces. The drawback is that the electrons traveling on the skin of the wire will jump from wire to wire where they touch. The stranded wire vs solid core argument.

If those tubes are setting up a magnetic field properly they may be pushing the electrons deeper (maybe 10-20 microns) into the wire for more surface area. Once the signal leaves those tube they will be back to the outer skin of the wire again.

The frequencies I mentioned are not exact but pretty close

I haven't heard them but sure have seen a lot of ads on Agon for them.
Mark?who's that,it's Tony George,lol
The thing that I find intriguing about this guys approach,is he can physically show you what his technology is doing(with his little demo),whether or not it makes a difference,who knows?But the guy(Romaz) on head-Fi said he plugged the interconnect adapters into his own cables and it was obvious right away that things improved.He goes on to say that the guy is sending him a bunch of stuff to demo...no charge,if he wants to return it ,fine...but he is confident he will keep it.The interconnect adapters were only 300 bucks a piece.

post #28966 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Callas: Back at ya! I jumped 25 feet into the Caribbean Ocean off a Catamaran and ended up jaring a Kidney Stone loose! I wonder how cables sound underwater... No static...... LOL ;
Well.... I lost my wedding ring after the jump!! Does that count for something?

But it wasn't because of the jump... I was treading water for 10-15 minutes waiting for the wife to jump and I was exhausted so after I went to a rock a wave washed over me, when it went out it was so powerful it took and my ring stayed on the rock. I went back but the ring was gone and it was too dangerous even with my snorkeling mask to dive down and check the area!

There's good and bad with this. Good I bought it when we got married obviously, and this is our 10th anniversary trip; but we were so broke the ring was only $99 white gold. So it's not that I lost a lot of money! The Bad - it's the symbol of how far we've come in 10 yrs and I would have always worn it for my entire life to signify that point, that it wasn't about the $ or lack of it back then, but the love we had/have even when we didn't have anything in our names to call our own.
post #28967 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Mark?who's that,it's Tony George,lol
The thing that I find intriguing about this guys approach,is he can physically show you what his technology is doing(with his little demo),whether or not it makes a difference,who knows?But the guy(Romaz) on head-Fi said he plugged the interconnect adapters into his own cables and it was obvious right away that things improved.He goes on to say that the guy is sending him a bunch of stuff to demo...no charge,if he wants to return it ,fine...but he is confident he will keep it.The interconnect adapters were only 300 bucks a piece.
Tony I am so sorry. I was at work with some down time - then it got busy and thought I was responding to COmusicaddict.

I'm sure they make a difference. But is it better for the in all frequency ranges. Try before you buy is always the best. If what I think is going on they could be killer if they could add the magnetic field through out the cable and still have the cable be flexible enough to route as needed. I'm the type of listener/buyer that uses my ears. I learned a long time ago specs are at best a basic guideline. Look at Naim with watts per channel or tubes vs SS when it comes to THD. Class 'A' vs class 'D'. The list goes on . It's your ears that will know if it's better AND worth the price to you. A little tweak Lars recommended when he was with Nordost was to add the top of the line jumpers to your existing cables. Made no sense to me but Tyler loaned a pair of Reference jumpers and to me it sounded like jumping a level in cables. Not to mention quite a bit cheaper. Tyler loaned me the Nordost series 2 demo case for over 30 days so I knew the difference with each step up and down. IMO the Tyr2 was the sweet spot. I had the original Frey's and adding the Ref jumpers was like going to the Frey2. BTW series2 is a much more liquid sound over the originals. The thing with Tyler and demo's is that if ever asked his opinion his answer was always the same. You tell me.
no quarter likes this.
post #28968 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 331
I stopped by the local Dyn dealer a couple weeks ago and while I was browsing the pre-owned stuff I saw a USED power cable listed for $450, I was floored and asked it if the price was a typo (this was the first time I had ever been exposed to Nordost) he said it wasn't and that it was a "great" price. I was of course skeptical he said he'd prove it and demo'd one for me. I honestly couldn't tell any difference, he was quite surprised. Now maybe if it had been in my own system, with music I knew, I might have been able to tell a difference, but I definitely wasn't sold on it.
post #28969 of 43861 Old 04-22-2016, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

George,

I forgot to incert my sarcasm emoji! I was joking about the AC//DC (well part of it was) 😱😜😳 That's what I get for trying to do this on a cell phone!

I think a cable discussion is best suited for another thread, I believe in subtle differences and I will leave it at that. If a company wants me or anyone else for that matter to believe in their cables they need to prove it. Plus, some of the prices they charge is some times more than their speakers or equipment! 😳

On another note, CD players any recommendations that won't break the bank? I saw a lot of systems at Axpona and some of the best sounding where a CD player with a good dac.
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.

Last edited by Garman; 04-23-2016 at 12:11 AM.
post #28970 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 05:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Liked: 969
Quote:
George,

I forgot to incert my sarcasm emoji! I was joking about the AC//DC (well part of it was) That's what I get for trying to do this on a cell phone!

I think a cable discussion is best suited for another thread, I believe in subtle differences and I will leave it at that. If a company wants me or anyone else for that matter to believe in their cables they need to prove it. Plus, some of the prices they charge is some times more than their speakers or equipment!

On another note, CD players any recommendations that won't break the bank? I saw a lot of systems at Axpona and some of the best sounding where a CD player with a good dac.

Agreed

Thought you already own an oppo 105. Just looking to switch things up?

"Rockbiter" DO SI18 sub build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...o-si-18-a.html
Ambesolman's Cleverly Titled Theater build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...ter-build.html
post #28971 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
George,

I forgot to incert my sarcasm emoji! I was joking about the AC//DC (well part of it was) 😱😜😳 That's what I get for trying to do this on a cell phone!

I think a cable discussion is best suited for another thread, I believe in subtle differences and I will leave it at that. If a company wants me or anyone else for that matter to believe in their cables they need to prove it. Plus, some of the prices they charge is some times more than their speakers or equipment! 😳

I've always liked the Naim and Meridian cd players. I had the Meridian G08 (still do) but I do know Meridian had no more replacement transports as of about 5 years ago. The year after I got the G08 the went to a slot loader. About 3 years later the G08 started skipping (about 1 out of 50 tracks played). Then if I ejected the cd and re-inserted it the track would play again. That's when I got the Naim Unitiserve. Rega players were dry sounding to me and slow to initialize the disc when inserted. At Axpona Lars was using the digital out from the Naim CDX2 into the Dac in the Aavik. The CDX2 has a nice Dac built in.
post #28972 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 06:16 AM

I love the cable debate or i love how people get upset about it. The way people spend their money really seems to piss off other people. My thoughts are if you hear a difference and think it's worth the investment then why do other people care? If you hear no difference or don't think it's worth the investment then great too. Too funny.

I had a little session with my XEO 3 being feed my Apple TV using iTunes and I must say for the money I've paid it sounds great. Getting those is really what made get rid of my Forest. I do like having different speakers in the house. It helps me appreciate what I have. I get use to the sound of my system I guess and want to upgrade but being able to hear something different for a change is good and seems to help keep the upgrade bug away, for now.
no quarter and yonson like this.
post #28973 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 06:18 AM

I also find it rude of you two posting tropical paradise pics knowing some of us are having to work this weekend.
post #28974 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
I love the cable debate or i love how people get upset about it. The way people spend their money really seems to piss off other people. My thoughts are if you hear a difference and think it's worth the investment then why do other people care? If you hear no difference or don't think it's worth the investment then great too. Too funny.

I had a little session with my XEO 3 being feed my Apple TV using iTunes and I must say for the money I've paid it sounds great. Getting those is really what made get rid of my Forest. I do like having different speakers in the house. It helps me appreciate what I have. I get use to the sound of my system I guess and want to upgrade but being able to hear something different for a change is good and seems to help keep the upgrade bug away, for now.

The Xeo and XD lines I think are some thing special, the Xeo 2 are mind blown blowingly great! Plus you don't need speaker cables. 👍 As for the great cable debate too each their own, I think if you hear a huge difference they color the sound more not less, and if you like that buy them! Plus if your looking to be true to the original source recording then recording studio should all be using them. 😜lol I really don't care, as long as one came too that decision in a rational scientific way. Lol Hell I use Nordost but got it for free! But heard zero difference between the Frey and Blue Heaven.

On the Dynaudio end anyone hear if they are revamping all their lines?

ambesolman: you are correct and it's a great player, I liked the Woo Audio player I saw at Axpona, I guess I just want a excuse to look around a bit! 😊

Last edited by Garman; 04-23-2016 at 08:04 AM.
post #28975 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I also find it rude of you two posting tropical paradise pics knowing some of us are having to work this weekend.
You poor bastard!!

I'm leaving 4 awesome days in Maui behind for 3 more fun filled days in Oahu!
post #28976 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1045 Post(s)
Liked: 1924
Quote:
All I know is...I better not, ever catch sh*t again; for going "OT"
Bluvette, no quarter and yonson like this.

All The Music In The World > Auralic Aries Mini > Musical Fidelity M2si > Dynaudio EMIT M10s
post #28977 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

SS
i also like a variety of different speakers in the house so i can change things up from time to time.I have noticed that when you first switch to a different pair of speakers,the different sound is noticeable right away...but then within a few hours you become accustomed to the new speaker and they become the new normal.This phenomina probably has a lot to do with the so called BURN IN process,i think it might have more to do with your ears/mind becoming familiar with the sound,rather than the equipment changing or getting better,for example,i am using no sub right now with the excite 12's,and i don't really miss it...but when i add it back in,i am sure i will not want to live without it.A little update on the 250 dr amp...
i friggin LOVE this bad boy!
Garman, Bluvette and BigAl87 like this.

post #28978 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah almost as bad as talking about differences in cables in a speaker thread! jk!
Maybe some bikini pics next time of the scenery around me...

George: The best comment that a dealer can say to you is what you put up about Tyler! "Well what do you think" thats why I like working with him as a dealer. Also when it comes to any equipment, even though I give you well needed sarcastic crap once in a while about it, the bottom line it's what ever matters to you!
OctaDyn_Dude and yonson like this.

post #28979 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1045 Post(s)
Liked: 1924
Quote:
George: The best comment that a dealer can say to you is what you put up about Tyler! "Well what do you think"?
Followed by..."I can offer you ____ off the list price", LOL
yonson likes this.

All The Music In The World > Auralic Aries Mini > Musical Fidelity M2si > Dynaudio EMIT M10s
post #28980 of 43861 Old 04-23-2016, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
SS
i also like a variety of different speakers in the house so i can change things up from time to time.I have noticed that when you first switch to a different pair of speakers,the different sound is noticeable right away...but then within a few hours you become accustomed to the new speaker and they become the new normal.This phenomina probably has a lot to do with the so called BURN IN process,i think it might have more to do with your ears/mind becoming familiar with the sound,rather than the equipment changing or getting better,for example,i am using no sub right now with the excite 12's,and i don't really miss it...but when i add it back in,i am sure i will not want to live without it.A little update on the 250 dr amp...
i friggin LOVE this bad boy!

This is exactly why I got LEs and kept my 2 pairs of Totems also for the living room, the Forest Signatures and the Fires, I like change from time to time, Maybe I'll add a par of MB 2.5 at some point I could not stretch my budget for Raidho S2.0
Garman likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page