Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 968 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8559Likes

post #29011 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1045 Post(s)
Liked: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Prince vinyl...gone through the roof would be an understatement.
Huh. I own exactly, 2 records: Purple Rain, and a 12" 45rpm of the song; pressed in purple Vinyl.

OTOH...I have 100s of CDs ('nuff said); including this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crystal-Ball...IAAOSw8aNXG4S7

which appears to be going for hundreds of dollars now.

All The Music In The World > Auralic Aries Mini > Musical Fidelity M2si > Dynaudio EMIT M10s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29012 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1576 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Ok guys,phase 2 of my demo is complete,and first off i would like to say THANK YOU to DYNAUDIO for giving me this window into music that i have never experienced before.The MAGIC i was experiencing with the n 272 and xd 600's is still here with the excite 12's and now the Naim N 272 and xp5 xs (PS)with the Nap 250 dr. I had thought it was just the xd 600's
that were so good,that the pairing with the N 272 just jelled in a special way,but i REALLY think it is this pre amp/streamer that is doing this,and the 250 dr is just effortlessly powering it now,instead of the xd power.Just this morning i was listening to Radio Paradise,and not only was my foot tapping,my head was swaying back and forth (ala Stevie Wonder) and i was swinging side to side in my swivel recliner...and this was listening to Riders on the storm(The DOORS),unbelievable.The same feeling that the musician is in the room with me,i was getting with the xd's is still here with the excite's...music just flows effortlessly,and i don't feel the need to turn it up all the time,EVERY song is soooo enjoyable now,hell...i don't even feel the need to listen to anything other than Naim radio,but i have.Unfortunately,there are limits to the Excite 12's,and you just can't get the bass response i get with the xd 600's...a few occasions i pushed them a bit too far,and started to hear the woofer flutter around like it should't,didn't get that annoying POPPING though.Next i am going to try my Neat Iota's and Paradigm 90 p's...maybe nobody cares what the results are with them speakers,but i will post a quick summary of my findings.It is looking like i will be making a change from my current Supernait 2,Unitiqute 2 streamer...this is just too good to give back,lol. Octadyn,i wish you would grab a pair of Dynaudio's from Tyler for a home demo with your Aavik amp just to see if all that "raidho" magic you hear might have a lot to do with the fantastic amp/cables and power you are using,it sure might be eye opening for you what Dyn's are capable of with a world class front end...like i am hearing now
Matrixman18 likes this.

5.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50,, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50,power lines,Focal Sopra 1,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.
post #29013 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Huh. I own exactly, 2 records: Purple Rain, and a 12" 45rpm of the song; pressed in purple Vinyl.

OTOH...I have 100s of CDs ('nuff said); including this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crystal-Ball...IAAOSw8aNXG4S7

which appears to be going for hundreds of dollars now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351712080214
CD it appears that it is now worth over 300 bucks...if you go to audioshark,under general audio discussion...title JAW DROPPING ,the second post shows 2 albums,one for 1,799.00 the other for 2,500.00 dollars,so you might want to hang on to that 45.
CDLehner likes this.

5.0-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50,, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/NDS/XPSDR/Cary Cinema 12/Anthem MCA 50,power lines,Focal Sopra 1,Teac pd-501 DSD player,Nordost QB-8.Superlumina cables,DC 1. Full Naim Fraim.NDS/XD 600.

Last edited by no quarter; 04-26-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29014 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Ok guys,phase 2 of my demo is complete,and first off i would like to say THANK YOU to DYNAUDIO for giving me this window into music that i have never experienced before.The MAGIC i was experiencing with the n 272 and xd 600's is still here with the excite 12's and now the Naim N 272 and xp5 xs (PS)with the Nap 250 dr. I had thought it was just the xd 600's
that were so good,that the pairing with the N 272 just jelled in a special way,but i REALLY think it is this pre amp/streamer that is doing this,and the 250 dr is just effortlessly powering it now,instead of the xd power.Just this morning i was listening to Radio Paradise,and not only was my foot tapping,my head was swaying back and forth (ala Stevie Wonder) and i was swinging side to side in my swivel recliner...and this was listening to Riders on the storm(The DOORS),unbelievable.The same feeling that the musician is in the room with me,i was getting with the xd's is still here with the excite's...music just flows effortlessly,and i don't feel the need to turn it up all the time,EVERY song is soooo enjoyable now,hell...i don't even feel the need to listen to anything other than Naim radio,but i have.Unfortunately,there are limits to the Excite 12's,and you just can't get the bass response i get with the xd 600's...a few occasions i pushed them a bit too far,and started to hear the woofer flutter around like it should't,didn't get that annoying POPPING though.Next i am going to try my Neat Iota's and Paradigm 90 p's...maybe nobody cares what the results are with them speakers,but i will post a quick summary of my findings.It is looking like i will be making a change from my current Supernait 2,Unitiqute 2 streamer...this is just too good to give back,lol. Octadyn,i wish you would grab a pair of Dynaudio's from Tyler for a home demo with your Aavik amp just to see if all that "raidho" magic you hear might have a lot to do with the fantastic amp/cables and power you are using,it sure might be eye opening for you what Dyn's are capable of with a world class front end...like i am hearing now
Thank you for the review. One day when I have time I am going to try the Aavik with my C4's, this will give me a comparison to the Naim 272, 250. Then I will make a decision whether or not to get the XPS power supply.
no quarter likes this.
post #29015 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Thanks for making me want to upgrade my U2 more now. Maybe I'll get to that in a couple of years.
post #29016 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Thanks for making me want to upgrade my U2 more now. Maybe I'll get to that in a couple of years.
SS
Sorry bud,but you really owe it to yourself to try this combo,before you decide to upgrade your speakers.Here is a pic of the Iota's in place...and one next to the excite 12's,just to show you how tiny they are.I have been playing the Iota's for about an hour now...again,really gooood
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0693.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1406018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0833.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	1406026  

post #29017 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 819
Quote:
Octadyn,i wish you would grab a pair of Dynaudio's from Tyler for a home demo with your Aavik amp just to see if all that "raidho" magic you hear might have a lot to do with the fantastic amp/cables and power you are using,it sure might be eye opening for you what Dyn's are capable of with a world class front end...like i am hearing now
Tony - I know what your hearing and don't forget I owned Dyn C1's for over 5 years. Back then it was with Bryston B100 and Octave V70se and V110. Honestly I never thought I would trade them in but I did when I heard the Ho's. Dyn's are world class!! Don't worry when Tyler gets his shop open that will be right up there on things to listen to. Dyn's and Ho's are both world class but different sounding. One is a little more affordable than the other
no quarter likes this.
post #29018 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1045 Post(s)
Liked: 1924
Quote:
...a few occasions i pushed them a bit too far,and started to hear the woofer flutter around like it should't,didn't get that annoying POPPING though.
Usually...that "annoying popping"; is the amp clipping...not the woofer, "bottoming out".

All The Music In The World > Auralic Aries Mini > Musical Fidelity M2si > Dynaudio EMIT M10s
post #29019 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1813 Post(s)
Liked: 858
George: I thought Tyler already had his store open? When is it opening? Now that would be a great time to demo a pair of C2's and XT-2/XT-3 next to them and then really make a comparison test. The funny thing I find with both speakers is if you switch after awhile a few weeks of listening you actually love the sound of either speakers (Now I am talking the Scansonic here) but they when switching back you think the other speaker doesn't sound very good, then get use to their sound once again.. at one point I was comparing Platinum C2/Scansonic 2.5 and Magnepan 1.7 all of them I loved for different reasons... Even at the show, I liked the Raidho room a lot but some people absolutely hated them and walked out of the room, but that room was constantly filled with people, so I am guessing more people liked them more so than disliked them. Me for one! I will always have a pair of Dyn's in my house no matter what brand I change too for my main listening room, I have done it dozens of times and switched to another speaker for my main room and have always come back to Dynaudio..

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
post #29020 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

It turns out the building is over 100 years old and has to be updated AND stay historical (which is proving to be harder than anticipated). Last I heard was summer. I hope to see him this weekend and I'll ask again.

Got an e-mail from my brother in law saying he bought new speakers. Had some Vienna acoustics (very laid back). and always loved my C1's. Anyhow he claims his new speakers are like C1's on steroids Acoustic Zen Adiago jr. I've never heard any Acoustic Zen speakers. Have you and how would you compare them to Dyn's?
post #29021 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluvette View Post
Thank you for the review. One day when I have time I am going to try the Aavik with my C4's, this will give me a comparison to the Naim 272, 250. Then I will make a decision whether or not to get the XPS power supply.
What size room do you have your C4's in? Are they the original or Platinum?
post #29022 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
Neither John has Signatures in mocca. Not sure of the room size. I've only seen pictures
yonson likes this.
post #29023 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
It turns out the building is over 100 years old and has to be updated AND stay historical (which is proving to be harder than anticipated). Last I heard was summer. I hope to see him this weekend and I'll ask again.

Got an e-mail from my brother in law saying he bought new speakers. Had some Vienna acoustics (very laid back). and always loved my C1's. Anyhow he claims his new speakers are like C1's on steroids Acoustic Zen Adiago jr. I've never heard any Acoustic Zen speakers. Have you and how would you compare them to Dyn's?
Too bad and it could be a good think in the long run if the building is considered a historical landmark. The Stamhouse by us is now a Restaurant and it took them forever to complete the building but it is really great now. I have heard the Acoustic Zen at one of the shows very nice speaker, but not sure if on the same level as the C1 but let ones ears be the judge of that! Pic included.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010873.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1406922  

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
post #29024 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My room is 15 X 27 with 8ft ceiling. I have the C4 Sigs MK2 Mocca, I bought them right before the Plats came out.

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	1406930
post #29025 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My room is 15 X 27 with 8ft ceiling. I have the C4 Sigs MK2 Mocca, I bought them right before the Plats came out.

Attachment 1406930
Room looks killer now that I see a finished picture How far back do you sit from the speakers? Your room is about the same as Le Roy's

I hope you know the new D4's will work perfect in your room. If you haven't heard they will debut at the Munich show next month. Tyler said he ordered a pair They have your name on them. Don't worry Rhett doesn't deserve them.
post #29026 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Too bad and it could be a good think in the long run if the building is considered a historical landmark. The Stamhouse by us is now a Restaurant and it took them forever to complete the building but it is really great now. I have heard the Acoustic Zen at one of the shows very nice speaker, but not sure if on the same level as the C1 but let ones ears be the judge of that! Pic included.....
Yep that's them. He says they are a bit bright and need about 200 hrs to settle down. Hope he is right otherwise he may be sorry (Brightness bothers me as much as a Klipsch midrange). He has always liked a laid back but polite sounding speaker and amp (has a Pass Labs Aleph 3 or 30). At the rate he listens he could have 200 hrs on them in as little as 6 months.

I hope Tyler gives me a tour of the building this weekend.
post #29027 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Bluvette: Those look killer in that room, no need to change it! But I am sure you will! You have the Audio Disease! What are you using for equipment! My room gets the upgrade next after my last pair of speakers I am going to buy.. Keeping the new C2's, with Aaron Stands it is a match made in heaven! If I didn't have 3 kids to feed I might jump up to the Evidence in my upstairs living room! lol

Question: Does anyone know who makes a Center Channel stand that you can adjust the angle on, I would prefer one I could wheel in and out when I don't use it for HT.

post #29028 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Neither John has Signatures in mocca. Not sure of the room size. I've only seen pictures
Dang, didn't know there were 3 variants of them, more decisions...
post #29029 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Attachment 1406930
Thanks, how far is your seating position from them?
post #29030 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Bluvette: Those look killer in that room, no need to change it! But I am sure you will! You have the Audio Disease! What are you using for equipment! My room gets the upgrade next after my last pair of speakers I am going to buy.. Keeping the new C2's, with Aaron Stands it is a match made in heaven! If I didn't have 3 kids to feed I might jump up to the Evidence in my upstairs living room! lol

Question: Does anyone know who makes a Center Channel stand that you can adjust the angle on, I would prefer one I could wheel in and out when I don't use it for HT.
Garman,I believe Bluvette is using the same combo as I am right now on those little Iota's,a little difference in size of speaker...Naim N 272 streamer/pre with the nap 250 dr amp.

post #29031 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You have the originals followed by the MKII/Sig (Sig's having the nicer finish). Black baffle compared to grey but still the silver colored tweeter plates and driver rings. The MKII/Sig have upgraded crossovers and internal wiring. Also a newer coating on the tweeters. And a 10 yr warranty (on the sig) compared to 5 yrs (MKII). The Platinums are an all black baffle - tweeter plates and driver rings. My vote goes for the MKII - Sig or Platinums (all looks).
post #29032 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

I care about the sound more than the looks, I'd have them in Purple with Pink and Green polk-a-dots if those sounded the best... Do the Platinums have the 10 year warranty as well?
post #29033 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Room looks killer now that I see a finished picture How far back do you sit from the speakers? Your room is about the same as Le Roy's

I hope you know the new D4's will work perfect in your room. If you haven't heard they will debut at the Munich show next month. Tyler said he ordered a pair They have your name on them. Don't worry Rhett doesn't deserve them.
Quote:

Quote:
Thanks, how far is your seating position from them?
Thanks guys. Like no quarter said I am using the Naim 272, 250 and userve all Nordost Heimdall 2 speaker, power cord, and digital interconnect. Nordost Q base, Qv2, Qk1. The speakers are 9 ft apart and 13 ft from my listening position.
yonson likes this.
post #29034 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I care about the sound more than the looks, I'd have them in Purple with Pink and Green polk-a-dots if those sounded the best... Do the Platinums have the 10 year warranty as well?
I think so but Gar can answer that since he has C2P's
Garman likes this.
post #29035 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks guys. Like no quarter said I am using the Naim 272, 250 and userve all Nordost Heimdall 2 speaker, power cord, and digital interconnect. Nordost Q base, Qv2, Qk1. The speakers are 9 ft apart and 13 ft from my listening position.
Thanks, that's exactly the same way I have mine setup (distances)! I'm thinking the C4's will be perfect
Bluvette likes this.
post #29036 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Liked: 969
Nice room @Bluvette ! What kind of flooring is that?

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still

"Rockbiter" DO SI18 sub build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...o-si-18-a.html
Ambesolman's Cleverly Titled Theater build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...ter-build.html
post #29037 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Nice room @Bluvette ! What kind of flooring is that?

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
Thanks, the floor is solid not engineered Bamboo Tiger Strand. We love it, wears like iron!!
post #29038 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yonson: I had all 3 versions at one time, to me the Platinum versions look the richest in a Moca finish with the black baffle. They where 10 year on the Platinums but just before I bought they switched to 10 to 7 years, not sure if I made it under the 10 year plan but regardless extremely happy with purchase, obviously because I had owned the Originals for 10 years prior to updating/upgrading... Here is a Pic below... of some of the Dyn's that have graced my living room...

Hell I have lost count on how many Dynaudio I have had, but it sure helped working at a store that carried them, the Employee accommodation sale was nice to have! The last pair listed was a pair of LR120 X 5 it was great with both HT and music, surround sound music sounded especially good on those. The C4 started in another living room I moved them downstairs and they where too overpowering so I switched to the C2's.... Had the Contour 3.4s, and 5.4s as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_1124.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1407234   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1123.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1407242   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1122.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1407250   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0436.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1407258   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1165.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1407266  

Name:	Fun!.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1407274   Click image for larger version

Name:	C4-S3.4.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1407282   Click image for larger version

Name:	MU52H4OA.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1407290   Click image for larger version

Name:	HT Room.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1407298  
Bluvette, Matrixman18 and yonson like this.

post #29039 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Very nice Garman! I do very much so miss the Employee accommodation sales! It's insane that we could get up to 75% off some items!
post #29040 of 43919 Old 04-26-2016, 11:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yonson: I hear you!

Speaking of cables, this guy makes great cables that are hand made and won't break your bank account! His customer service is fantastic as well!

Schmitt Custom Audio CableS

http://www.schmittcustomaudiocables.com

Last edited by Garman; 04-27-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page