AVS Forum banner
6M views 58K replies 1K participants last post by  jcmaharry 
#1 ·
Dynaudio doesnt get much attention here, but it is very exclusive and as such not readily available in all states. As the exclusive Dynaudio dealer in San Diego, we represent their speakers as the state of the art. If you want to leave nothing to chance and simply want the most accurate performance Dynaudio is the ticket. In an industry where you can easily overpay for underpeforming equipment, Dynaudio has always been about no compromise speaker design regardless of price. After listening to the Contours in our showroom, I immediately knew that my next speakers would be the Contour S5.4....still saving.

I would love you to hear from all you Dynaudio owners out there, and what kind of gear that you pair up with it.

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect /forum/post/0

Dynaudio doesnt get much attention here, but it is very exclusive and as such not readily available in all states. As the exclusive Dynaudio dealer in San Diego, we represent their speakers as the state of the art. If you want to leave nothing to chance and simply want the most accurate performance Dynaudio is the ticket. In an industry where you can easily overpay for underpeforming equipment, Dynaudio has always been about no compromise speaker design regardless of price. After listening to the Contours in our showroom, I immediately knew that my next speakers would be the Contour S5.4....still saving.

I would love you to hear from all you Dynaudio owners out there, and what kind of gear that you pair up with it.

I have the Focus 220, 200C, and the 140's driven by Sunfire 200Seven and processed by NAD M15.

Let me just say that it totally spoiled me, coming from my college system (that was 10 years past its time) of Advent sub/sat driven by Techincs receiver. This college system made me think that my 911 Turbo B(l)ose sound system sounded good.

Now I can't even listen to any music in the Turbo because the Bose system gives me a raging headache after just a minute or two, having now been accustomed to the Dynaudio sound. Even my wife who isn't into this kind of thing agrees that no normal system sounds good now.

#3 ·
I was ruined by a pair of Evidence Temptations. They're out of my price range, so I'm relegated to a lifetime of disappointing listening experiences until I can score a pair on the used market, or maybe see if Confidence C4's knock my socks off as much as teh Evidence.

#4 ·
I think Dynaudio does get decent attention around here, it certainly gets solid respect. It's just that msot consumers are in lower mid-fi priceranges, and Dynaudio starts in at around $1K/pr which relegates it well beyond what an average person is looking for.

Me, I am extremely happy with my Dynaudios, and their sound very much fits with my taste in subjective listening preferences. I think there are a lot of excellent speakers out there, and Dynaudio fits my personal bill very nicely. What I like most is the size of the soundstage which is a great deal larger and inviting than a lot of speakers out there. Some may prefer a slightly more conservative/textbook presentation which I understand, but for me it's Dynaudio all the way until I hear something that has a similar style of presentation.

I also happen to think that they are a pretty incredible value against some of the other competing brands like B&W, Revel etc.

#5 ·
It's about time we had our own thread. I have Audience 52s and a 122c driven by Anthem electronics. I am really quite pleased with my Audiences even thought they are considered Dynaudio's entry level line. They compete quite nicely with other brands premium lines. Like ChrisWiggles, I love the soundstage they produce. Nicely detailed without any fatiuge.

#6 ·
Yea dynaudio is top notch company. Even though i havent heard them if i had to buy unheard i would choose dynaudio over californian and canadian companys.

Go to their website and tell me these guys arent serious about speakers. MbQuart too really gets no attention here(i think im the only one here
) and their the heckler and koch of speakers.

Just not too many stores cary these brands.

#9 ·
I am glad you all enjoy your Dynaudios. The sound definately does spoil you. It has the perfect balance of detail and musicality. All too many speakers nowadays cause listening fatigue, headache, etc. And the wifey loves the sleek European look.

On the subject of car audio, the best car system I have ever heard was Dynaudio's all around powered on Mcintosh amps w/ Alpine F1 Status head unit. Absolutely floored by the experience. I knew I had to carry their home audio products after that.

BTW I didnt know MB Quart was still in the home audio game. Their car speakers were always a little too bright for my liking. Maybe their home stuff is better.

#12 ·
I have a couple of Dynaudio Acoustics BM6's. Some amplifiers: Hafler 9505, Hafler P3000, Adcom GFA-535II. Dynaudios have a reputation for long (listener) break-in periods. Some people return them after a few days. Mine sounded plain weird when I got them, especially when compared to Tannoy and Alesis monitors. Now the Dynaudios sound great and almost everything else sounds wrong. Sometimes you have to get used to the sound.

#13 ·
Where can you find the MSRP/Street Price's on the Dynaudio's?

You know this is crazy! Every time I think I'm set on a speaker that I'm going to get, I decide that I want to audition another brand....the wife thinks I'm crazy, but I just have to listen to every brand I can just so I'm sure I'm getting the best speaker for the money!

AM

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by am4966 /forum/post/0

Where can you find the MSRP/Street Price's on the Dynaudio's?

You know this is crazy! Every time I think I'm set on a speaker that I'm going to get, I decide that I want to audition another brand....the wife thinks I'm crazy, but I just have to listen to every brand I can just so I'm sure I'm getting the best speaker for the money!AM

Let me know what models you are interested in and I can give you MSRP pricing. There are no street prices on Dynaudio as it is a non-discounted product line. But, I will say that they are worth every penny.

#16 ·
I have to share a story about Dynaudio. I had a customer the other day that was so impressed by the Focus and Contour speakers that he decided he wanted to purchased the Confidence C1's sight unseen. Because it is a protected line, I mentioned B-stock so he could save over A-stock and invest in a better amplifier.

When I placed the order today for the B-stock C1's it was a done deal. I got a call from Dynaudio shortly before the shipment was to go out, and they said they made a mistake in the inventory and they offered to send the customer a brand new A-stock for the same price! And mind you the C1 is 6500/pair. Now that is service! These guys are great.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse /forum/post/0

I was auditioning speakers and a friend of mine insisted we listen to some dynaudios... it wrecked B+W for me and although I didn't get the Dyns (they were a tad over my budget) they are 100% sure to be in the mix when I eventually upgrade my HT.

You could always DIY based on famous scan speak revelator tweeter.. Many consider this the best tweeter in the world which companys like wilson use i believe. F1status alpine speakers also use these.

#19 ·
I LOVE DYNAUDIO.

I am very fortunate to be the only dealer here in Oklahoma. When I brought the new Focus line in, I was completely blown away. These really are fabulous speakers. I have four speaker lines and all have their own signature sound. For music the Dyn's just do it for me. For home theater the PSB Platinums do it for me.

I think the reason why Dynaudio and other higher end brands get little press here on AVS is because AVS members are looking for best bang for the buck these days. That is why so many threads start with "what's the best 7.1 package for under $1K?".

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect /forum/post/0

I have to share a story about Dynaudio. I had a customer the other day that was so impressed by the Focus and Contour speakers that he decided he wanted to purchased the Confidence C1's sight unseen. Because it is a protected line, I mentioned B-stock so he could save over A-stock and invest in a better amplifier.

When I placed the order today for the B-stock C1's it was a done deal. I got a call from Dynaudio shortly before the shipment was to go out, and they said they made a mistake in the inventory and they offered to send the customer a brand new A-stock for the same price! And mind you the C1 is 6500/pair. Now that is service! These guys are great.

Hi there,

What is the price difference between A and B stock for C1 and what categorizes as B stock? I have a pair of contour S1.4 and might upgrade to either the special 25 or C1.

No doubt Dynaudio makes the finest speaker drivers in the world and their speaker lines are easy to fall for. One short listen in a properly setupped showroom, you know that's the speaker to have.

Thanks

Vin