Official MK - Miller & Kreisel Thread?!? - Page 153 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288Likes

post #4561 of 4631 Old 01-22-2019, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone know how much the M&K LCR 750 THX MKII speakers sold for when they were first made by the original Miller & Kreisel and made in the USA?

I might be able to get the left/right/center speakers for $500. Is this too much for them used?

How could I mount them on a wall? Is there mounts made by M&K or anyone else for wall mounting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4562 of 4631 Old 01-23-2019, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowe-t View Post
Does anyone know how much the M&K LCR 750 THX MKII speakers sold for when they were first made by the original Miller & Kreisel and made in the USA?

I might be able to get the left/right/center speakers for $500. Is this too much for them used?

How could I mount them on a wall? Is there mounts made by M&K or anyone else for wall mounting?
From
http://web.archive.org/web/200606180...e_speakers.php

LCR-750 MK II and
CENTER-750 THX SELECT MORE LCR MODEL SPECS 141k
MANUAL CENTER MODEL SPECS 104k
Setting the performance standard for THX Select front channel speakers immediately upon its release, the LCR-750THX utilizes the same tweeter and Phase-Focused crossover found in our reference S-150THX speakers, with dual 5 1/4" woofers for tremendous dynamic range and a warm mid-bass.

The Center Channel version is specifically designed for horizontal operation. Its technically correct tweeter-woofer-woofer arrangement provides incredible vocal articulation without image smearing or tweeter spitting.

Magnetically Shielded. Depending upon your space constraints, you may use either 3 LCR (Vertical) or 3 Center-750's (Horizontal) across the front of the room in a Left-Center-Right configuration. See full system pictures HERE.

Suggested companion speakers to complete a surround sound system would be the SURROUND-550 or SURROUND-55, or a complete system utilizing 5 (or 7) 750's may be used with astonishing results. While the LCR version of the speaker ordinarily goes vertically, because of the convenient universal hole pattern on the back, the speaker may be mounted horizontally when used as a surround speaker. See BACK VIEW.

Impedance: 4 ohms
this speaker is THX SELECT certified Drivers: (1) 1" dome. (2) 5.25" poly
Frequency Response: 80 Hz - 20 KHz ± 3 dB
Dimensions: 16 1/16" H x 7" W x 8 3/4" D
Weight: 16 lbs. each

ORDER CODE PRICE
LCR750M2 in BLACK (SHOWN) $ 750 pr
LCR750CM2 Horizontal Center BLACK (SHOWN) $ 375 ea
post #4563 of 4631 Old 01-23-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpanago View Post
From
http://web.archive.org/web/200606180...e_speakers.php

LCR-750 MK II and
CENTER-750 THX SELECT MORE LCR MODEL SPECS 141k
MANUAL CENTER MODEL SPECS 104k
Setting the performance standard for THX Select front channel speakers immediately upon its release, the LCR-750THX utilizes the same tweeter and Phase-Focused crossover found in our reference S-150THX speakers, with dual 5 1/4" woofers for tremendous dynamic range and a warm mid-bass.

The Center Channel version is specifically designed for horizontal operation. Its technically correct tweeter-woofer-woofer arrangement provides incredible vocal articulation without image smearing or tweeter spitting.

Magnetically Shielded. Depending upon your space constraints, you may use either 3 LCR (Vertical) or 3 Center-750's (Horizontal) across the front of the room in a Left-Center-Right configuration. See full system pictures HERE.

Suggested companion speakers to complete a surround sound system would be the SURROUND-550 or SURROUND-55, or a complete system utilizing 5 (or 7) 750's may be used with astonishing results. While the LCR version of the speaker ordinarily goes vertically, because of the convenient universal hole pattern on the back, the speaker may be mounted horizontally when used as a surround speaker. See BACK VIEW.

Impedance: 4 ohms
this speaker is THX SELECT certified Drivers: (1) 1" dome. (2) 5.25" poly
Frequency Response: 80 Hz - 20 KHz ± 3 dB
Dimensions: 16 1/16" H x 7" W x 8 3/4" D
Weight: 16 lbs. each

ORDER CODE PRICE
LCR750M2 in BLACK (SHOWN) $ 750 pr
LCR750CM2 Horizontal Center BLACK (SHOWN) $ 375 ea
Thanks for posting this.
snpanago likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4564 of 4631 Old 01-23-2019, 10:22 PM

Can anyone recommend a wall mount bracket for the M&K LCR 750 THX MKII speakers?

I'd like to use the mounting holes already in the speakers and NOT have to drill any new holes.
post #4565 of 4631 Old 01-29-2019, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
M&K Satellite-I Speaker (1979) – request repair advice

I inherited two M&K Satellite-I speakers about 8 years ago. They were bought about 1979 and they have lived in Africa, Indonesia, and USA. Although having been exposed to many hardships, up until last week they sounded magnificent.

Last week we started hearing some snap, crackle, and pops from the left speaker, at first very faintly and rarely, soon becoming very noticeable and more intermittent. Also, it seemed once in many hours the volume would briefly increase in that speaker only, though with no unexpected sounds.

Knowing little about AV problems, I thought the culprit might be the 4-input wiring panel, which has always been damaged and flimsy (photo attached). Since M&K folded, I asked some audio buffs, who said "forget it, it's more than just wire connectors." However, I find these speakers difficult to forget after hearing the sound from possible substitute speakers in my price range (identical speaker wires and position).

Is it worth it or even possible to take the speaker apart and perhaps replace the wiring panel? I'm a novice, but motivated and mechanically inclined.

Thanks for any advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M&K Satellite-I Speaker Panel Wiring.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	2517806  
post #4566 of 4631 Old 01-31-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerone View Post
I inherited two M&K Satellite-I speakers about 8 years ago. They were bought about 1979 and they have lived in Africa, Indonesia, and USA. Although having been exposed to many hardships, up until last week they sounded magnificent.

Last week we started hearing some snap, crackle, and pops from the left speaker, at first very faintly and rarely, soon becoming very noticeable and more intermittent. Also, it seemed once in many hours the volume would briefly increase in that speaker only, though with no unexpected sounds.

Knowing little about AV problems, I thought the culprit might be the 4-input wiring panel, which has always been damaged and flimsy (photo attached). Since M&K folded, I asked some audio buffs, who said "forget it, it's more than just wire connectors." However, I find these speakers difficult to forget after hearing the sound from possible substitute speakers in my price range (identical speaker wires and position).

Is it worth it or even possible to take the speaker apart and perhaps replace the wiring panel? I'm a novice, but motivated and mechanically inclined.

Thanks for any advice.
You can try contacting Ken Kreisel. He's the 'K' in M&K.

http://www.kreiselsound.com/support.php
post #4567 of 4631 Old 02-03-2019, 01:30 PM

So, I have a “legacy” S150 LCR, SS150 tripole, S85, 2 MX350 sub system powered by ATI2505 amps I bought in 2000. I’m thinking of upgrading and was looking at going with the new version S150/SS150 which has received great reviews. My question is, I had a thought about powered speakers. Of course a set of M&K MPS2520P’s would be outstanding but they are pricey. Does anyone have any experience with the MPS1620P? Would they work as an LCR setup in a 15’ x 16’ room?
post #4568 of 4631 Old 02-08-2019, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
L brackets

I've been desperately searching for a pair of L-brackets for a pair of old M&K 1610Ps that I plan to use as rears. Already have the stands and brackets. Have been searching around in various places for a pair of them to no avail. Any leads would be most appreciated.

Also, on a somewhat related note, was wondering if someone knows the answer to this: I have two S-150PKs for my front left and right and two 2510Ps for the surrounds. I picked up a newer version of the 2510P some years later for the front center. However, for some reason, the distance between the holes in the bottom of that speaker (for bolts to attach it to the L bracket) are 2" apart. For all the other speakers and brackets, the distance is 2 3/4". I guess what I'm asking is whether anyone might also have an L bracket with 2" spacing between the slots. Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.
post #4569 of 4631 Old 02-08-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma999999 View Post
I've been desperately searching for a pair of L-brackets for a pair of old M&K 1610Ps that I plan to use as rears. Already have the stands and brackets. Have been searching around in various places for a pair of them to no avail. Any leads would be most appreciated.

Also, on a somewhat related note, was wondering if someone knows the answer to this: I have two S-150PKs for my front left and right and two 2510Ps for the surrounds. I picked up a newer version of the 2510P some years later for the front center. However, for some reason, the distance between the holes in the bottom of that speaker (for bolts to attach it to the L bracket) are 2" apart. For all the other speakers and brackets, the distance is 2 3/4". I guess what I'm asking is whether anyone might also have an L bracket with 2" spacing between the slots. Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.
I don’t have an answer on brackets for you but I see you mentioned the 1610P’s. I’ve been wanting to go with powered speakers for some time now. Would the new 1620P’s work as an LCR setup in a 15’x16’ room?

Thanks!
post #4570 of 4631 Old 02-11-2019, 04:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ3RD View Post
I don’t have an answer on brackets for you but I see you mentioned the 1610P’s. I’ve been wanting to go with powered speakers for some time now. Would the new 1620P’s work as an LCR setup in a 15’x16’ room?

Thanks!
Actually a correction to my earlier post, I have 1611Ps, not 1610s.

As for your question, it's a bit tricky for me to answer. I've not yet set mine up (as I'm missing the brackets) and I'm using them for something quite different. I think it also depends on what SPL levels you'd want to achieve. Personally, and only IMHO, I would not use the 1620s as front LCR (assuming their specs are the same as the 1610Ps) in home theatre use as they seem to intended to be used as nearfield monitors. I'd perhaps use them in a room that size for casual listening.

Of course, if you have other M&K, they are "timbre-matched" so will work well with, say, an M&K sub. They're also nifty in that they can be converted from sealed to ported by pulling out a bung, so you can switch from full-range use to use with a sub.

Perhaps one thought: If you were going to buy the 1620s new, maybe consider a set of used S-150Ps (or the pro equivalent MPS-2510Ps). They don't pop up that often, but they work very well as front LCR (again, IMHO) and you can probably pick up a set of used ones for the same price (or less) than new 1620s.

Good luck with your speaker hunt.
post #4571 of 4631 Old 02-14-2019, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Mixing and Matching?

I currently have LCR 750s for my mains and center, with IW-85s serving as surrounds. I'm upgrading to a larger layout, and adding four new speakers (two surrounds and two rear surrounds), and will convert my existing IW-85s to height speakers. I'm also thinking of adding two IW-5s as additional height speakers, since I'm not willing to spend the money on another set of IW-85s and found a great deal on a pair of IW-5s. This will leave me with a 7.2.4 layout.

My preference would be to add SUR-55Ts as the new surrounds and rear surrounds, but they are tough to find, particularly used (the price new is a bit steep for me, and no one seems to have them in stock even if I were willing to pay full price). I have, however, found other M&K tripoles used that I could use, including primarily the K-4s and the SS-150s. I know the K-4s are a step down from my 750s and the SS-150s a step up, but I'm wondering how they would work together. For example, if I get a pair of used SS-150s for the surrounds and K-4s for the rear surrounds, am I going to notice a significant difference in the timbre? Would I be a lot better off holding out for the 55Ts? Or at least matching the four surrounds (so, either 4 K-4s or 4 SS-150s)?

Thanks in advance for any help.
post #4572 of 4631 Old 02-15-2019, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked: 2196
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrayl View Post
I currently have LCR 750s for my mains and center, with IW-85s serving as surrounds. I'm upgrading to a larger layout, and adding four new speakers (two surrounds and two rear surrounds), and will convert my existing IW-85s to height speakers. I'm also thinking of adding two IW-5s as additional height speakers, since I'm not willing to spend the money on another set of IW-85s and found a great deal on a pair of IW-5s. This will leave me with a 7.2.4 layout.

My preference would be to add SUR-55Ts as the new surrounds and rear surrounds, but they are tough to find, particularly used (the price new is a bit steep for me, and no one seems to have them in stock even if I were willing to pay full price). I have, however, found other M&K tripoles used that I could use, including primarily the K-4s and the SS-150s. I know the K-4s are a step down from my 750s and the SS-150s a step up, but I'm wondering how they would work together. For example, if I get a pair of used SS-150s for the surrounds and K-4s for the rear surrounds, am I going to notice a significant difference in the timbre? Would I be a lot better off holding out for the 55Ts? Or at least matching the four surrounds (so, either 4 K-4s or 4 SS-150s)?

Thanks in advance for any help.
I'd personally match the four surround speakers regardless of which ones you choose.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
post #4573 of 4631 Old 02-15-2019, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi - I just picked up a complete set of the M&K S150THX surround setup. (3) S-150THX fronts, (2) SS-150thx Tripole, (1) v-125 Sub that are all very clean and in good shape.

I was curious- any way to determine the ages of these? ...maybe based off Serial Numbers?
post #4574 of 4631 Old 02-15-2019, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
I'd personally match the four surround speakers regardless of which ones you choose.
Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.

Do you think I'll notice the surrounds don't match the LCR750 fronts if I go with K-4ts as my surrounds? Or is it worth waiting on finding some SUR-55Ts?
post #4575 of 4631 Old 02-15-2019, 11:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrayl View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.

Do you think I'll notice the surrounds don't match the LCR750 fronts if I go with K-4ts as my surrounds? Or is it worth waiting on finding some SUR-55Ts?
It depends on how picky you are with the sound. It probably isn't a huge deal for the surround channels, but I'm not 100% positive how they'd match together since I haven't heard them.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
post #4576 of 4631 Old 02-17-2019, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What to do with extra set of S-150's

I am finalizing my theater over the next few months. I anticipate purchasing an Emotiva RMC-1 with the 4 speaker expansion modules whenever released. I have S-150's for my L/C/R. I have collected extra S-150's. In theory I could use 2 of the S-150's for L/C and R/C. With a 115 inch wide AT screen, I don't know if spacing the 5 speakers about 14 inches apart would be effective. Also DSU doesn't use L/C and R/C rendering.

Because of the vertical alignment of S-150 speakers, I wondered if I could double up the L/C/R's vertically and get the benefit of the additional speakers all the time.

Any thoughts on what may be feasible?
post #4577 of 4631 Old 02-18-2019, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 3
is pre amp worth the cost

Hi I have the mksound s-150 mkII system paired with Yamaha RX-A3050. Will it be worth the cost of a more powerful power amplifier ? if so, what will be the main listening difference and what brand and power do you recommend ?
Wildthing1 likes this.

Last edited by moleman74; 02-20-2019 at 03:22 AM.
post #4578 of 4631 Old 02-18-2019, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
Because of the vertical alignment of S-150 speakers, I wondered if I could double up the L/C/R's vertically and get the benefit of the additional speakers all the time.
One of the earlier versions of the S-150 had a control panel with this in mind. The more recent speakers apparently use only what had been the "narrow" option which conforms with the THX Ultra or Ultra2 standard as applicable, and what had been the "single" option. Stacking those later speakers without the "Stacked/Single" option might cause some undesirable audio interaction between the tweeter arrays which are trying to limit vertical dispersion per THX specs. My guess is that the "stacked" switch position resulted in all of the tweeters in the array having identical output, which then wouldn't conform with the THX vertical dispersion specs.

Quote:
A. Vertical Radiation Pattern (Narrow / Wide):
Your satellite speakers have a special feature developed for professional studio use. This feature allows you to vary the vertical radiation pattern to fit your system needs or your personal preference. The “Narrrow” position conforms with the THX Ultra standard.
After final aiming of the loudspeaker system has been completed, smooth high frequency coverage should be confirmed throughout the listening area. When using the S-150thx near a mixing console or other reflective surface, it is preferable to set the S-150thx in its Narrow Mode. In the narrow mode the S-150thx will minimize floor, console and ceiling reflections, providing smoother horizontal on and off axis frequency response.
When multiple rows of seats need to be covered, or the monitoring area is larger than the Narrow Mode will cover, it is recommended that the S-150thx be used in its Wide Mode. This mode widens the vertical coverage angle, but also makes the speaker more susceptible to room boundary interference. Determining which mode best suites your monitoring condition might require some experimentation or evaluation through careful listening tests.
B. Stacked / Single:
This switch allows you to stack more than one speaker to create a vertical array, either for higher output levels, or for use in very large rooms. Setting this switch to the “Stacked” position will bypass the Narrow/Wide function.
To do this, simply place one speaker on top of the other, with the tweeters aligned in a vertical stack. Then set the “stacked/single” switch to the “stacked” position.
post #4579 of 4631 Old 02-19-2019, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
One of the earlier versions of the S-150 had a control panel with this in mind. The more recent speakers apparently use only what had been the "narrow" option which conforms with the THX Ultra or Ultra2 standard as applicable, and what had been the "single" option. Stacking those later speakers without the "Stacked/Single" option might cause some undesirable audio interaction between the tweeter arrays which are trying to limit vertical dispersion per THX specs. My guess is that the "stacked" switch position resulted in all of the tweeters in the array having identical output, which then wouldn't conform with the THX vertical dispersion specs.

I suspected there might be an issue. Mine are earlier model S-150's (like new as they sat in a closet for years) and they do not have the stacked/single option on the back. So, apparently are not viable for stacking. Thank you for the information. I really wanted to utilize them.
KC-Technerd likes this.
post #4580 of 4631 Old 02-19-2019, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
I suspected there might be an issue. Mine are earlier model S-150's (like new as they sat in a closet for years) and they do not have the stacked/single option on the back. So, apparently are not viable for stacking. Thank you for the information. I really wanted to utilize them.
You could always try it and see how it works. I'm just guessing that stacking S-150s without the switch options might create some undesirable tweeter interaction that would prevent smooth treble response. There's always the possibility that I'm wrong and it would work fine.
Jim S. likes this.
post #4581 of 4631 Old 02-24-2019, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildthing1 View Post
I was curious- any way to determine the ages of these?
I found a date on the amp inside my V1250 subs.

UE55F9005 - SEK-3500U/ZG
OPPO UDP-205EU
ROTEL RB980 + RB985 poweramps
Miller & Kreisel MP150 + S150T speakers + 2 V12 subs
post #4582 of 4631 Old 02-25-2019, 06:44 AM

Checking the date

Quote:
Originally Posted by THXTEX1 View Post
I found a date on the amp inside my V1250 subs.
Clever Idea! I will pull the amp on the V-125 that appears it came with the set (same age/finish) and see if I can find a date.

BTW - got everything hooked up this weekend (Marantz SR7011 with Audyssey) in 5.1.4 setup...sounds fantastic! Setup the MX-100 as the subwoofer and it is impressive. Now planning on switching out for the v-125 and seeing the difference that makes (Dual 12s in MX-100 vs Sealed 12 in the v-125 which came as part of the M&K S-150 set).

...now I want the Marantz SR8012 (11 outs vs 9) and another pair of TriPole speakers for 7.1.4 <sigh>.
post #4583 of 4631 Old 02-27-2019, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleman74 View Post
Hi I have the mksound s-150 mkII system paired with Yamaha RX-A3050. Will it be worth the cost of a more powerful power amplifier ? if so, what will be the main listening difference and what brand and power do you recommend ?
Hi yes absolutely.

Big different in punch with like an emotive xpa.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
post #4584 of 4631 Old 02-27-2019, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiostar88 View Post
Hi yes absolutely.

Big different in punch with like an emotive xpa.

thanks I did not know of that brand and it actually is affordable I have 5.1 setup now but if I buy the 5 channel emotive and late on decide for 7.1 could I then run the extra 2 speakers from the Yamaha and still get the benefit from the emotive. As you can tell im pretty clueless to the use of power amp

would the benefit of a power amp be better than to option for an extra x10 sub ? I have to choose since its not cheap
post #4585 of 4631 Old 03-01-2019, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleman74 View Post
thanks I did not know of that brand and it actually is affordable I have 5.1 setup now but if I buy the 5 channel emotive and late on decide for 7.1 could I then run the extra 2 speakers from the Yamaha and still get the benefit from the emotive. As you can tell im pretty clueless to the use of power amp

would the benefit of a power amp be better than to option for an extra x10 sub ? I have to choose since its not cheap
Hi.

Yes that's works .

The xpa series is modular so you can as more channels later also.

post #4586 of 4631 Old 03-06-2019, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Loved the original company. They certainly got out of hand with too many products but that made them fun. I picked up a set of LCR 850' with stands in natural cherry veneer for a crazy low price when they liquidated. Got a pair of CS29's for the rear and today they are still incredible! They sell for about list price used on EBAY still. Don't know what the final price is but they are worth it. I refrain from ATMOS because of their capacity.
All powered by outlaw audio 200x5 amp and recent 275 outlaw processor.
I ran with two matching 851 subs also in the finish.
Wanting to upgrade the subs and still stay with a sealed variant. The MK V12 is nice and I wanted to stay with some DNA. Ken's offerings are priced a bit high also. Instead I bought a pair of Power Sound Audio 15's (S1510) with peak of 980 watts each with upgraded black ash veneer (real) and are super impressed with how well they integrate with the MK's. EVERYTHING IS BETTER!! The detail of the 850's are refined and its like a new system. I was of course expecting improved low end but and hoping for improvement but it exceeds. This 850's are a bit forward. The new subs smoothed it out some and while far from being laid back, they are more musical then before. As home theatre they were always fantastic! I have kicked up the crossover to 150hz as I have more confidence in these woofers. They are effortless with its capacity. They work far less then the MK's did and thus are more transparent.
The subwoofer technology has really improved over the 18 years I have had the MK's. I looked at SVS, Rythmik but settled with PSA for many reasons. Power Sound Audio is Tom Vodenal who is the "V" in SVS. I have no doubt MK's, Kreisel and JL would have been great but I have two of these 64lb things for under $2500.
I'll ride this upgrade and smile. Love my old MK's and the new life breathed in them.
post #4587 of 4631 Old 03-06-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowe-t View Post
Can anyone recommend a wall mount bracket for the M&K LCR 750 THX MKII speakers?

I'd like to use the mounting holes already in the speakers and NOT have to drill any new holes.

The "VideoSecu Ultra Thin TV Mount 66lbs" on amazon for $10.99 has the 4 hole pattern that matches M&K's. If you want an adjustable mount you can mate it to another TV mount with the Vesa holes, which is what I did to hang the center speaker over the TV.
post #4588 of 4631 Old 03-07-2019, 12:11 PM

I looked through the link to the original companies catalogs and could not find reference to the "Laser Alignment" kit that several reviews have mentioned.
Does anyone have information on what this consisted of, how this was used -and/or- know what the process was on this?
post #4589 of 4631 Old 03-07-2019, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

It was a laser that affixed between the two mid-range woofers (I think) that pointed the speakers at "the sweat spot."

post #4590 of 4631 Old 03-07-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
It was a laser that affixed between the two mid-range woofers (I think) that pointed the speakers at "the sweat spot."
Assume the "Sweet Spot" being the head of the person sitting in the primary listening spot.
Would aligning a laser pointer (that lays flat) with an outer edge accomplish about the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page