B&W Owner's Thread - Page 905 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1570Likes

post #27121 of 28105 Old 04-19-2019, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27122 of 28105 Old 04-21-2019, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tersi View Post
Hi guys!

I wasn't happy with my current Norstone stands with the 805d3 so I made new ones and thought I'd share.

Scandinavian design that blends in well with our decor. Enjoy tje pics!

Greetings from Finland, Tersi!
#Tersi - I like the look of those speaker cables...Mind if I ask what brand they are?
post #27123 of 28105 Old 04-21-2019, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscuderi View Post
Mind if I ask what brand they are?
They are the previous generation SpinX cables. Not the current black-sleeved ones.

They do have a rather unique look. And compliment the satin white 800-series exquisitely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27124 of 28105 Old 04-21-2019, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 367
I made a dedicated thread but maybe better to ask here:

So I've been using some old B&W Nautilus 805 speakers for a while along with a matching HTM2 center channel. I have them routed directly to my Yamaha TSR-7810 receiver. I've always assumed I'm not getting the most out of them given that I'm powering them with a mid-range receiver. I've found several threads with recommendations, but most are over a decade old and mention amps you can't even buy anymore. Ideally I'm looking for a 3-channel amplifier, budget ~$1000. My listening is 70% music, 30% movies/TV (hence the center channel). I am somewhat limited my depth since my cabinet is only 18.25" deep (the Emotiva Gen3 XPA-3 for instance won't fit since it's 19" deep). I've had my eyes on the Monoprice Monolith 3x200 for a while. I'm beginning to wonder whether that's overkill with regards to power (looks like B&W recommend 50-120W of power). My room is about 12x15 feet, but I'll be moving in about a year so want some flexibility.

I'm heard the likes of Classe and Rotel are good matches for B&W (although Classe looks too $$$). I saw the Rotel RB-1552 MKII can be had for $1000. Obviously that's only a 2-channel amp. Would it be a bad idea to power my LR speakers with the Rotel and my center just by my receiver (I do listed to stereo music 70% of the time)? Would really appreciate some insight before dropping the cash!
post #27125 of 28105 Old 04-21-2019, 07:56 AM
NMG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post
I made a dedicated thread but maybe better to ask here:

So I've been using some old B&W Nautilus 805 speakers for a while along with a matching HTM2 center channel. I have them routed directly to my Yamaha TSR-7810 receiver. I've always assumed I'm not getting the most out of them given that I'm powering them with a mid-range receiver. I've found several threads with recommendations, but most are over a decade old and mention amps you can't even buy anymore. Ideally I'm looking for a 3-channel amplifier, budget ~$1000. My listening is 70% music, 30% movies/TV (hence the center channel). I am somewhat limited my depth since my cabinet is only 18.25" deep (the Emotiva Gen3 XPA-3 for instance won't fit since it's 19" deep). I've had my eyes on the Monoprice Monolith 3x200 for a while. I'm beginning to wonder whether that's overkill with regards to power (looks like B&W recommend 50-120W of power). My room is about 12x15 feet, but I'll be moving in about a year so want some flexibility.

I'm heard the likes of Classe and Rotel are good matches for B&W (although Classe looks too $$$). I saw the Rotel RB-1552 MKII can be had for $1000. Obviously that's only a 2-channel amp. Would it be a bad idea to power my LR speakers with the Rotel and my center just by my receiver (I do listed to stereo music 70% of the time)? Would really appreciate some insight before dropping the cash!
Do you have a sub? If not, I'd really suggest you look at adding a one (a good one mind you!) as I think that would give you a much greater improvement than an external amp would.

I run original series B&W 703's with the matching HTM7 off of an Anthem MRX 720 receiver. I used to run the same speakers off of a Rotel RSX 1056 receiver with a Rotel RB1080 (200 X 2) for the front 2 channels. I've always used a sub to handle the low end.

I was leery of taking my RB1080 out of my system, but with having my mains crossed over and letting the sub handle the low end, it's been just fine. My system still goes plenty loud and the sound quality has actually improved going solely with the Anthem. In fairness, it's not an apples to apples comparison. I only raise it to show that the big external amp isn't the only consideration when focusing on SQ.

As good as those 805s are, you're missing out on allot of bass performance that a good sub can fill in. Throw that into the mix and the entire sound character of your system will change for the better, in a rather substantial way I would suggest.
lockdown571 likes this.
post #27126 of 28105 Old 04-21-2019, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG View Post
Do you have a sub? If not, I'd really suggest you look at adding a one (a good one mind you!) as I think that would give you a much greater improvement than an external amp would.

I run original series B&W 703's with the matching HTM7 off of an Anthem MRX 720 receiver. I used to run the same speakers off of a Rotel RSX 1056 receiver with a Rotel RB1080 (200 X 2) for the front 2 channels. I've always used a sub to handle the low end.

I was leery of taking my RB1080 out of my system, but with having my mains crossed over and letting the sub handle the low end, it's been just fine. My system still goes plenty loud and the sound quality has actually improved going solely with the Anthem. In fairness, it's not an apples to apples comparison. I only raise it to show that the big external amp isn't the only consideration when focusing on SQ.

As good as those 805s are, you're missing out on allot of bass performance that a good sub can fill in. Throw that into the mix and the entire sound character of your system will change for the better, in a rather substantial way I would suggest.
Absolutely! I plan on getting a sub (either before getting an amp or at the same time). I've heard great things about SVS and was leaning towards the SB-3000 since it fits just within my size constraints. Outside of loudness, should I even expect a major difference getting a dedicated amplifier? My speakers get plenty loud with my Yamaha receiver. I'm guessing this is somewhat of a philosophical question and can't be answered objectively. Wish there was a convenient way to audition an amplifier for my 805s. I guess I could just order from a store with a good return policy. Looking into the Rotel RB-1552 MKII more, I realized it's not that easy to get one. Looks like I'll either have to buy used or get from a special dealer. Kind of a pain. The Monoprice monolith I could get on Amazon, hmmm.
post #27127 of 28105 Old 04-21-2019, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post
Today I met a new audio friend that has a huge passion for great sound. Although I'm no longer a B&W owner, I wanted to share some photos I took today of his beautiful setup.

Giovanni was very purposeful in every element of his theater. Before you say he needs a bigger TV, keep in mind the Sony Bravia OLED is 77". He does have plans in the future to add a 120" - 150" projection in front of the TV.

From the moment I walked in, I was immediately greeted with the most gorgeous home theater I have ever seen in person!

We demoed various content for several hours. The Guardian's of the Galaxy in AURO-3D was very impressive.

In the movie FURY, the tank battle scene was INTENSE! The B&W 803 D3's delivered detail and clarity of every gunshot with a very controlled top end. With every cannon blast, the REL 212 S/E subs were powerful, yet very balanced without being over the top.

I was extremely surprised how well the small B&W M-1 performed. We were running at pretty high volume and they remained crystal clear without distortion.

System Details:

B&W 803 D3s Mains
B&W HTM1 D3 Center
B&W CCM 663s Ceiling (x4) for Atmos plus (x2) for Auro3D VoG
B&W M-1 (x6) for Front/Surr/Surr Backs
B&W PX (x2) Wireless Headphones
B&W T1 Wireless Speaker For Tub Area

Subwoofers (LFE)
Rel 212 S/E (x2)

Equipment:
Sony Bravia 77” OLED A1E
Denon AVR x8500h
Arcam P349 (for LCR - by amp’ed)
Furman f2000 Power Conditioner
Oppo UHD 203
Apple TV
BDI Cabinet
Sony PS4
Nintendo Switch
Verizon FiOS DVR

Savant Control System
Lutron Caseta Wireless
Lutron Serena Auto Shades
Savant Bulbs
Alexa Show

Surprised to see the Denon in this list, is it that good?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
post #27128 of 28105 Old 04-21-2019, 01:08 PM
NMG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post
Absolutely! I plan on getting a sub (either before getting an amp or at the same time). I've heard great things about SVS and was leaning towards the SB-3000 since it fits just within my size constraints. Outside of loudness, should I even expect a major difference getting a dedicated amplifier? My speakers get plenty loud with my Yamaha receiver. I'm guessing this is somewhat of a philosophical question and can't be answered objectively. Wish there was a convenient way to audition an amplifier for my 805s. I guess I could just order from a store with a good return policy. Looking into the Rotel RB-1552 MKII more, I realized it's not that easy to get one. Looks like I'll either have to buy used or get from a special dealer. Kind of a pain. The Monoprice monolith I could get on Amazon, hmmm.
Yeah, it's very subjective

I went from a Yamaha integrated amp running my B&W's to the RB-1080 and it was an improvement, but I wouldn't categorize it as major. Keep in mind I was running a sub though, so that makes a big difference because I didn't need the power reserves of a big amp when it wasn't being asked to drive the speakers full range.

If I was running them without a sub, I would absolutely be using a more powerful external amp. No question about it.

I'd suggest trying them with a sub first, then re-evaluate. For what it's worth, I've found that subs, preamps, room treatments and room correction has a much more noticeable impact on SQ than the amp. The caveat here being that the amp provides enough power for your tastes, room size, etc.
lockdown571 likes this.
post #27129 of 28105 Old 04-21-2019, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG View Post
Yeah, it's very subjective

I went from a Yamaha integrated amp running my B&W's to the RB-1080 and it was an improvement, but I wouldn't categorize it as major. Keep in mind I was running a sub though, so that makes a big difference because I didn't need the power reserves of a big amp when it wasn't being asked to drive the speakers full range.

If I was running them without a sub, I would absolutely be using a more powerful external amp. No question about it.

I'd suggest trying them with a sub first, then re-evaluate. For what it's worth, I've found that subs, preamps, room treatments and room correction has a much more noticeable impact on SQ than the amp. The caveat here being that the amp provides enough power for your tastes, room size, etc.
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely start with the sub. At some point I want to upgrade my receiver anyways (for better room correction and for HDMI 2.1 features like eARC). Then maybe I'll think about getting a dedicated amp down the line.
post #27130 of 28105 Old 04-21-2019, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausse View Post
Surprised to see the Denon in this list, is it that good?
It sounded pretty amazing to my ears. Keep in mind, it is only powering the surounds and Atmos speakers. The front three are being powered by an Arcam amp.
mausse likes this.
post #27131 of 28105 Old 04-22-2019, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLove
I think you are wrong.

I assert that "range" is determined by frequency being put through it; not by what other drivers it is matched with. A driver that played 80-1500 would be a "midrange driver" even if it was the biggest driver on the speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson
But then it is a mid/woofer, if you insist.

The point is that if it needs to produce bass, even if only to 80Hz, it cannot employ the FST suspension which would be destroyed at such low frequencies. As a result, B&W makes 6" Kevlar or Continuum drivers. All that have FST suspensions are used in association with a separate woofer; B&W calls these midrange drivers. All that have a standard rolled suspension are not used with an additional LF driver. B&W calls these bass-mid or mid-woofer drivers.
I think I see the confusion. The FST driver used exclusively in the 3-way systems and the mid-bass driver used exclusively in the 2-way systems use the same material, Continuum. The distinction between the drivers, other than when they are used, is in their construction. Yes, both use the same material but the FST driver employ's a surroundless suspension whereas the mid-bass driver employ's a rolled (rubber) surround suspension. The former is incapable of lower frequency excursion whereas the latter is capable of lower frequency albeit with some limitations. To Jerry's point Continuum can produce low frequencies but to Kal's point only when properly constructed and only with caveats.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
post #27132 of 28105 Old 04-22-2019, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked: 1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelMan View Post
I think I see the confusion. The FST driver used exclusively in the 3-way systems and the mid-bass driver used exclusively in the 2-way systems use the same material, Continuum. The distinction between the drivers, other than when they are used, is in their construction. Yes, both use the same material but the FST driver employ's a surroundless suspension whereas the mid-bass driver employ's a rolled (rubber) surround suspension. The former is incapable of lower frequency excursion whereas the latter is capable of lower frequency albeit with some limitations. To Jerry's point Continuum can produce low frequencies but to Kal's point only when properly constructed and only with caveats.
Right. The cone material and its effective diameter alone do not sufficiently define the device.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #27133 of 28105 Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I need your help... Speaker choice.... I need B&W owners input...

The living room in my new home is a little strange and really only provides one good layout. I’ve attached a drawing.
Currently I own GoldenEar speakers: Triton 5’s for fronts, Triton 7’s for rears, SuperCenter xl for front and a SVS pc12+ for my sub. The main issue I have is space. As you cam see by the time I put my left and right fronts next to the entertainment area I don’t have a good location for my sub. The right side with a sub and front speaker will be entering the dining area. Then add in my center channel will be going into enclosed shelf area, with how the GE center channel is designed I don’t think it will sound very well there.

So I’m considering selling my current speakers and starting over. I was at a speaker store and listened to some B&W’s and really enjoyed the their sound. But I have a couple questions I’m hoping you folks cam answer.

I’m considering going with some bookshelf speakers for my fronts. This would allow me to place them on the shelves within the entrainment center and free up some room on both sides. I could tell a huge difference between the 606’s and the 706s2’s. But I didn’t see much of a difference between the 706s2’s and the 705s2’s. Am I missing something? Was it maybe the demo? Are the 706 with the extra $?

I’m also considering the 704s2’s as fronts due to their small size (as fronts go). I really did enjoy their sound. Opinions?

To round out my system I’m thinking either 707 or 706 for rears, HTM71s2 for center, and four ceiling speakers to round out my 5.x.4 HT. As for my sub I will more than likely sell my SVS and either get one or two smaller ones.

Running my system is a Marantz 8012.

I know that was a long read and really do appreciate your time and input. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8BC6EB50-0702-430D-BC54-04C9C2746975.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	2557630  

Last edited by Cbi1000; 04-24-2019 at 08:21 AM.
post #27134 of 28105 Old 04-25-2019, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
My B&W CM6's are going out (original series). Anyone mind recommending a replacement for a lateral or slightly better move? I am 80%/20% movies to music.
I also have the original CMC and I never liked it- not enough presence for movie usage.
post #27135 of 28105 Old 04-30-2019, 03:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
hi all , picked up a pair of 603's last week , love them !!!
postrokfan likes this.
post #27136 of 28105 Old 04-30-2019, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 6784 Post(s)
Liked: 4898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbi1000 View Post
The living room in my new home is a little strange and really only provides one good layout. I’ve attached a drawing.
Currently I own GoldenEar speakers: Triton 5’s for fronts, Triton 7’s for rears, SuperCenter xl for front and a SVS pc12+ for my sub. The main issue I have is space. As you cam see by the time I put my left and right fronts next to the entertainment area I don’t have a good location for my sub. The right side with a sub and front speaker will be entering the dining area. Then add in my center channel will be going into enclosed shelf area, with how the GE center channel is designed I don’t think it will sound very well there.

So I’m considering selling my current speakers and starting over. I was at a speaker store and listened to some B&W’s and really enjoyed the their sound. But I have a couple questions I’m hoping you folks cam answer.

I’m considering going with some bookshelf speakers for my fronts. This would allow me to place them on the shelves within the entrainment center and free up some room on both sides. I could tell a huge difference between the 606’s and the 706s2’s. But I didn’t see much of a difference between the 706s2’s and the 705s2’s. Am I missing something? Was it maybe the demo? Are the 706 with the extra $?

I’m also considering the 704s2’s as fronts due to their small size (as fronts go). I really did enjoy their sound. Opinions?

To round out my system I’m thinking either 707 or 706 for rears, HTM71s2 for center, and four ceiling speakers to round out my 5.x.4 HT. As for my sub I will more than likely sell my SVS and either get one or two smaller ones.

Running my system is a Marantz 8012.

I know that was a long read and really do appreciate your time and input. Thank you.
Personally, I think the Goldenear supercenter might be better than the HTM71s2. If it were me, I'd go with the 706s2 left/right fronts and try to swing an HTM2D3 center. That'd be a huge upgrade.

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
post #27137 of 28105 Old 05-01-2019, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

Need some advice for my new 5.1 set up.

I would like to know if it is possible to use the B&W 607 speakers as front and the smaller B&W M1 satelite speakers as rear speaker. Can you do that? Or is it always better to use 4 of the same speakers? f.e. 4x B&W M1

The complete package would be

Bowers & Wilkins HTM6 (center)
B&W 607 speakers (front)
B&W M1 satelite speakers (rear)
B&W asw 610 subwoofer

Would this be a good combo?

Sorry for the noob questions and thanks in advance for the answer :-)

Last edited by Mr YuYu; 05-01-2019 at 01:27 AM.
post #27138 of 28105 Old 05-01-2019, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr YuYu View Post
Hey guys,

Need some advice for my new 5.1 set up.

I would like to know if it is possible to use the B&W 607 speakers as front and the smaller B&W M1 satelite speakers as rear speaker. Can you do that? Or is it always better to use 4 of the same speakers? f.e. 4x B&W M1

The complete package would be

Bowers & Wilkins HTM6 (center)
B&W 607 speakers (front)
B&W M1 satelite speakers (rear)
B&W asw 610 subwoofer

Would this be a good combo?

Sorry for the noob questions and thanks in advance for the answer :-)

IMHO, Use your best and most capable speakers for your front main and centers speakers. then get a good sub. Those three speakers and the sub (depending on the source material) do most of the work and make the biggest impact to the overall sound you hear. Side and/or rear surrounds are more like accent. The front three should be matched carefully for timbre and capabilities. Other than that, the surrounds can be lesser speakers and even different brands. I use a pair of 800D3 and an HTM1D3 up front, and a pair of SVS subs and 2 different pairs of older Definitive Technologies (from before the company went down scale) for the side and rear surrounds. Hearing the system, you would never tell the sides/rear surrounds are from a different vendor.
shelly40 likes this.
post #27139 of 28105 Old 05-02-2019, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr YuYu View Post
I use the M1's as side surrounds with CM series towers and center channel up front. I have the crossover for the surrounds set at 110 hZ, in a very large, open living room, and they work just fine.
post #27140 of 28105 Old 05-02-2019, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was at Best Buy last week listened to the B&W 703 series.

Sound awesome...but are they worth $3400 for a pair?

Are there options out there that sound as good for less? How do they compare to the GE Triton 5s?

I have an SVS PB-1000 sub and a denon 2100 receiver to build from

Thanks
post #27141 of 28105 Old 05-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I hope someone can help me with the following, I looked around, but couldn't find anything conclusive:

- I bought the DB4S recently and am doing the calibration. I was instructed to use the B&W app first. I've been using my speakers like 70% for music, 30% for movies. I used the "music" settings on the app, then found the right "gain", and did B&W tone calibration. Afterwards I did the regular Audyssey calibration. Was this correct?

- I assume this may be controversial, but is there a suggested crossover for the 705 S2 to adjust on the Audyssey app? I've seen around anything from 60 to 100... Or is it trial and error?

Thanks!

Samsung UN78HU9000GXZD / Marantz SR8012 (with AIRCOM Infinity T10) / B&W 705 S2 + HTM71 S2 Front + B&W DB4S sub + NHT SuperZeros 2.1 Back
LG OLED 65C8PSA / Marantz SR6013 / B&W CM1 S2 + CM Center S2 Front + Jamo J10 sub + NHT SuperZeros 2.1 Back
LG OLED 55EA9850 / Yamaha Soundbar YSP 2700
post #27142 of 28105 Old 05-04-2019, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #27143 of 28105 Old 05-04-2019, 10:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 560
That’s a bad ass set-up and room. Looks great in white.
post #27144 of 28105 Old 05-05-2019, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a pair of DM602 Series 1 speakers. Is it possible to upgrade to and S2 or S3 tweeter? I have to at least replace the dimes anyhow. Thank you.
post #27145 of 28105 Old 05-06-2019, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post
Previously I shared some photos I took of a friend's B&W home theater. Here is the video of it that I just uploaded. Enjoy.
Nice room.
post #27146 of 28105 Old 05-06-2019, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3656 Post(s)
Liked: 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian J. Sylvester View Post
I have a pair of DM602 Series 1 speakers. Is it possible to upgrade to and S2 or S3 tweeter? I have to at least replace the dimes anyhow. Thank you.
It would be far better to replace the existing tweeters with exact replacement new ones from B&W, or at least refresh the original ones if they are ferro fluid cooled with new fluid. You can't expect to put totally different tweeters in without knowing the Theil-Small parameters of each to be sure the crossover network can work with the new one. If not matched, you can have a failure of an expensive new tweeter, the crossover network, or both.

What do you mean by "have to at least replace the dimes anyhow"? Do you mean low frequency drivers? Why do they need replacement? Most common failure of those is rotted foam surrounds, and those are fairly simple to replace. Many videos on YouTube on how to do it, and exact replacements are available.

Best of luck.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, E.A.T. C-Major TT w/Ortofon Quintet Blue cart.
post #27147 of 28105 Old 05-09-2019, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrovermiami View Post

Are there options out there that sound as good for less? How do they compare to the GE Triton 5s?

Thanks
Go back and demo the series in this order: 703's, then to the 705 s2's. Then combine them to get the 702 s2s :-) The question would then become is it worth $4500 a pair :-(
post #27148 of 28105 Old 05-12-2019, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 52
CT8XO Mk I crossover standby/ power on question

I recently acquired a CT800 package. The front speakers CT8LR and CT8CC have external crossovers (CTXO Mk I) with their own power supply. Can someone familiar with this model confirm if it's ok to leave this crossover powered on all the time? They don't seem to have any standby function. The manual doesn't clearly explain about this.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

Panny UB900| Apple TV 4K| Zidoo Z9S| WD TV Live| RPi3| Yamaha RX-A3080|ATI 1805, 1802| Sony X9500G - 85"| B&W CT8 LR, CT8 CC, CT8.4 LCRS x 4, Jamo I/O2 (Atmos), AELite| Linkwitz LXMini| Linkwitz Pluto 2.1
post #27149 of 28105 Old 05-12-2019, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 6784 Post(s)
Liked: 4898
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrovermiami View Post

Thanks
My friend just upgraded from GE Triton 1's to B&W 702s2's and absolutely loves the upgrade. I think goldenear are ok for movies but not musical at all.

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
post #27150 of 28105 Old 05-12-2019, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Hi, does anyone know why some measurements of the B&W 702 S2 show its frequency response to be quite flat, while others do not? Or am I reading these graphs wrong?

Flat: https://www.avhub.com.au/product-rev...ew-test-512096

Not Flat: https://www.stereophile.com/content/...r-measurements

Revel Salon2 | Genelec 8351B | Neumann KH310A | Neumann KH120A | Ascend Sierra Towers & Horizon (RAAL) + 2x Rythmik F18 + 2x Rythmik F12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
606 , 802D , atmos , B W , b&w dm1400 , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page