*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 264 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 558Likes

post #7891 of 7906 Old 04-22-2019, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_honda View Post
Apparently they have a new line of speakers called the Novus that ships in July. Tower, bookshelf, center and upward firing Atmos. They're giving a pre-order discount (though I doubt it's the last time you'll see that).

Certainly their most unique looking design and something Darth Vader would have in his living room.

https://www.aperionaudio.com/pages/novus
I don't like how these look. I would have liked if they made a height speaker that goes with the Verus line. It would not even have to sit on top since the Verus speakers are curved on top.
darthray likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7892 of 7906 Old 04-27-2019, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2462 Post(s)
Liked: 3852
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_honda View Post
Apparently they have a new line of speakers called the Novus that ships in July. Tower, bookshelf, center and upward firing Atmos. They're giving a pre-order discount (though I doubt it's the last time you'll see that).

Certainly their most unique looking design and something Darth Vader would have in his living room.

https://www.aperionaudio.com/pages/novus
Maybe Darth Vader, but not me @darthray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw12 View Post
I don't like how these look. I would have liked if they made a height speaker that goes with the Verus line. It would not even have to sit on top since the Verus speakers are curved on top.
Neither do I, but must admit the price for 5.0 or 5.0.2 system. Is very affordable.
Another choice for costumers, to choose from. Or perhaps replacement line, to replace the Intimus line.
Since most of it is on sell.

Ray

Last edited by darthray; 04-27-2019 at 07:02 PM.
post #7893 of 7906 Old 05-03-2019, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Ordered my Verus Grand Center to pair with my Verus Grand Bookshelves. It was not supposed to be delivered until Monday, but just showed up at my door. In time for GOT. Thanks speaker gods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
darthray, Kini62, Lp85253 and 2 others like this.

Aperion Verus Grand Bookshelf L/R
Aperion Verus Grand Center Channel
Aperion Verus Forte Satellite
SVS PB-1000
Denon X3400 / LG C8 65inch OLED / ATV4K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7894 of 7906 Old 05-24-2019, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Hey Guys!

Just a heads up that we're blowing out the remainder of our Verus II speakers for Memorial Day. So if you were thinking about getting some, do it before they're gone!

https://www.aperionaudio.com/collect...seout-speakers

-Steve
Cinepro and darthray like this.

Aperion Audio Verus II Grand Towers, Verus II Grand Center, Verus Surround Di/Bipoles
post #7895 of 7906 Old 05-28-2019, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Intimus 533 vs Versus Grand

I have a 5.1 system purchased in 2007 made up of Intimus 533-T, 533-VAC and 534. I've got an Aperion S10 sub with it. I've been happy with the Intimus. Lately I have been thinking of upgrading to the Versus line, but I'm not sure I'll notice much difference. I'm using a Denon 4300h and mostly watch movies with occasional music. The room is large - 19'x16'x9' with large openings on the back and left wall.

I guess I can't really think of a good reason to upgrade, but I'm not going to let that stop me.
Any advice or recommendations? Thanks!
EW64 likes this.
post #7896 of 7906 Old 05-29-2019, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschellva View Post
I have a 5.1 system purchased in 2007 made up of Intimus 533-T, 533-VAC and 534. I've got an Aperion S10 sub with it. I've been happy with the Intimus. Lately I have been thinking of upgrading to the Versus line, but I'm not sure I'll notice much difference. I'm using a Denon 4300h and mostly watch movies with occasional music. The room is large - 19'x16'x9' with large openings on the back and left wall.

I guess I can't really think of a good reason to upgrade, but I'm not going to let that stop me.
Any advice or recommendations? Thanks!
The best single way to upgrade, would be your sub. I went from an Aperion 12D to a PSA 15 inch. Huge difference.
darthray and Lp85253 like this.

My humble little 5.1 system, "Virtual Cinema" front, wall of sound config:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers, 2 JBL 530 Bookshelfs, and a JBL 520C Center.
Power Sound Audio V1500
post #7897 of 7906 Old 05-30-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post
The best single way to upgrade, would be your sub. I went from an Aperion 12D to a PSA 15 inch. Huge difference.
I had considered that. I wasn't sure how much I would get out of it, but it sounds like I may want to revisit it.
EW64 likes this.
post #7898 of 7906 Old 06-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 27
*** The Official APERION Thread ***

I am very happy with my Verus line, but never had the Intimus to compare. I do think am SVS PB sub would be a nice upgrade for you.

Lp85253 likes this.

Aperion Verus Grand Bookshelf L/R
Aperion Verus Grand Center Channel
Aperion Verus Forte Satellite
SVS PB-1000
Denon X3400 / LG C8 65inch OLED / ATV4K
post #7899 of 7906 Old 06-02-2019, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Aperion Verus 3 Grand tower hands on and overview

Let me get this out of the way, the Aperion Verus 3 tower is INCREDIBLE. This direct from company speaker manufacture does more right at $1,200 a speaker than other companies I've reviewed that cost 10 to 20x the price. This is no small feet, nor is it anything to be over looked with Furniture-Grade Finish by anyone looking to purchase a pair of seriously well made towers. I had the pleasure of having mine in piano black beautiful just beautiful. One of the best looking speakers I've had in house PERIOD!

Build quality:

Aperion towers are a site to behold, weighing just about 60lbs each and standing at 43"H x8" W x 12"d solid is a understatement. First thing I did was the knock test man O man they are solid as rock. They cabinets are slightly curved and rare Anti-Resonant, Internally Braced, Dual Rear Ported. They have 2 optional port plugs if you want to bump them a little closer to the wall, I had mine about 2 ft off and your rooms will very. The cone configuration is two 6.5" woven kevlar woofers with PVC dust cap and very nice rubber surrounds handle the bass tactfully . Two 5.25" Kevlar Woofers with Aluminum Phase Plugs, They take of the mids fantastically . Also 1" Custom ASR Tweeter with ferrofluid take care of the highs, and do a awesome job at that. These are a 3-way D’Appolito design, looks are INCREDIBLE!

These were easily moved around, with custom aluminum bases, floor spikes and footers at no time did I feel like they would tip over or be unstable or fall on my kids. They utilize a TrebleMod feature that allows for reduction of the speakers high frequency response. At first I thought that could be a bit hokey, once I started playing with it the system allows 0dB and -3dB to fine tune your room to your taste. It just works , it's for people with “live” rooms that have a large amount of reflective surfaces to tune accordingly. They have Bi-Ampable 5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts, that easily hold 12 gauge wire is always a nice touch at any price point.

How they Sound and Sensitivity:

These are 92 dB @ 6 Ohms. The Frequency Response is (+/- 3dB) 45-30,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 35-35,000 Hz. I figured ok , lets see how had I can drive them and how much power it will take to get them there. I am using a Denone AVR X6200 with my Emotiva UPA 500 driving the towers in my theater ,I also have a 25w x 2 tube amp. Now MOST speaker manufactures LOVE to play blues, classical or some type of female vocals to show off the speakers. LAME! Can these do that, yes VERY good.

My thought has always been if a company has nothing to hide they will let you play the songs you like on that system. So I started with Pantera from Vulgar Display Of Power, and went right the the song A New Level. Now if they were going to fall on their face it would be here, from the kick drum or the raw power of the guitar. Lets just say I was SHOCKED! I have herd 20k speakers NOT be able to do what these just did, blew me away I needed to hear more. Next Reclamation from Lamb Of God of of the album Wraith, great intro to that with acoustics right to the meat of the song. They handled it incredibly. I played everything from Nora Jones to Daft Punk to Slayer, not at one time did these break up or sound muddy. Color me super impressed.

If I were going to tell you they might be slight on the warm side of neutral , not to laid back but not tearing your head off the way a lesser refined over bearing AMT might. Just smooth and refined sound, very pleasant to listen to and not fatiguing at all.With movies just a breeze, A+ on that sound. The Imaging of these makes it very easy on the ears borderline INCREDIBLE! There is a nice 3D depth of sound you get from listening to the instruments. Nice and very spacious behind and in front of the speakers them selves. Again supprised in every way.

Conclusion:

Lets get right to this, Aperion offers 60-Day In-Home Audition FREE SHIPPING on All Regular Priced Items Both Ways, Up to 10 Year Transferable Warranty LIFETIME Technical Support and a 1 YEAR Trade Up Program. This is in case they come out with a new tower you may want you can get it!. This a sweet deal no matter how you look at it NO RISK what so ever.

Will they be for everyone? No, nothing is but it's pretty close Aperion has created a special speaker here. One that has sound that matches it good looks. I hear a TON of super high end systems. I know there is a point of diminishing returns with high end audio, and there is a sweet spot to hit for people whom want that experience without spending over 10k. per speaker. If this sounds like you, go the Aperions website and give them a try.

Most have not heard them I guarantee it. Do not let that stop you from trying out this companies product, they put A LOT of R&D in and it shows. If I had only 1 caveat, I'd offer a black wood grain Oak or Walnut finish because they do get little finger prints on them from my kids, minor nit pick plus it might save a couple more bucks on cost. If I had to give these a score out of 10, they would be a solid 9.2 all day long! Nothing is perfect but for the money these are pretty dam close! A+ guys A+ color me very impressed!

Also if you are are into Amazon,they are up on that site.So please go and check them out!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=aperion+v...nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

https://www.aperionaudio.com/collect...09832286416977
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_0524191601_resized.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	2574990   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_0524191557_resized.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2574992   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_0524191612_resized.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	2574994   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_0524191601a_resized.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	2574996   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_0524191557a_resized.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	2574998  

Chemistry baby!
post #7900 of 7906 Old 06-04-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agerson View Post
I am very happy with my Verus line, but never had the Intimus to compare. I do think am SVS PB sub would be a nice upgrade for you.
Thanks for the feedback. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I should just start with a sub upgrade and see how it goes. I kind of feel like my room is just too big to get great sound out of the speakers I have. The SVS subs seem to get a lot of love on here. I'm going to have to check them out.
Lp85253 likes this.
post #7901 of 7906 Old 06-04-2019, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I should just start with a sub upgrade and see how it goes. I kind of feel like my room is just too big to get great sound out of the speakers I have. The SVS subs seem to get a lot of love on here. I'm going to have to check them out.
Don’t limit yourself to SVS. Jump into the subwoofer thread and learn about the many brands available. That is what I did. Take your time, it is a big purchase.

If you are sold on SVS, keep an eye on the outlet. Same warranty, and often you can get one that is in perfect condition at a great discount.

Good luck! Follow up and let us know what you chose!
darthray likes this.

My humble little 5.1 system, "Virtual Cinema" front, wall of sound config:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers, 2 JBL 530 Bookshelfs, and a JBL 520C Center.
Power Sound Audio V1500
post #7902 of 7906 Old 07-01-2019, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I’m looking to sell my versus 2 five speaker set and the Marantz sr6010 I have. All in original packaging because I switched to B&w diamonds.

Any recommendations on where to sell them?
Thanks

post #7903 of 7906 Old 08-30-2019, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2462 Post(s)
Liked: 3852
Quote:
And they do make great subs!
I had one PB12Plus/2, then added a second one. And finally replace them with dual PB13-Ultra. Having them for many years
Also read my comments, to the quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post
Don’t limit yourself to SVS. Jump into the subwoofer thread and learn about the many brands available. That is what I did. Take your time, it is a big purchase.

If you are sold on SVS, keep an eye on the outlet. Same warranty, and often you can get one that is in perfect condition at a great discount.

Good luck! Follow up and let us know what you chose!
Great advise about the outlet
And +1 for other brands.
SVS, PSA and Rythmik. Also make great subs, and all three have excellent Customer Service.
SVS do have lots of distribution center, for other countries. Making the purchase easier to do.

While my SVS, have serve me very well for more than 14-15 years or so.
I am presently saving for a couple of these;
http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV18.html
Always wanted some 18 inches driver, in my medium room

That said, I will have some SVS in my Theater for the ceiling duty. With four SVS Elevation, to go with my Verus towers, center and four bookshelf;
https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-elevation

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 08-30-2019 at 08:35 PM.
post #7904 of 7906 Old 09-10-2019, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Aperion Audio German Dealer

Hey all, if you're in Germany and wanting Aperion speakers, you are in luck! Check out the new dealer: https://hifipilot.de/AperionAudio
vavan likes this.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Aperion Audio Allaire - Saving my pennies to get the Verus Grands!
post #7905 of 7906 Old 10-17-2019, 11:24 AM

Novus Reviewed by Home Theater Review

Did everybody see the Novus review? https://hometheaterreview.com/aperio...stem-reviewed/
Lp85253 likes this.

post #7906 of 7906 Old 11-15-2019, 06:20 PM

Looking for Aperion deals? Check out the current promotions! https://www.aperionaudio.com/pages/2019-black-friday

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
allaire , Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , bravus , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page