Official Anthony Gallo Owners Thread - Page 111 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 38Likes

post #3301 of 3549 Old 01-13-2017, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyd50 View Post
Any reason these mounts would not work for Strada 2 sides? http://www.omnimount.com/products/sp...series/15.0_w/
The basic design is fine, only issue may be the thread (Thread size: 3/8”-16) that inserts into the back of the speaker could be incorrect. Not at home now, but I can check later today.

So much media, so little time...
My Media Room...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3549 Old 01-13-2017, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I also found these that have an adapter for speakers that have a different thread size than the mount...

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2

My Media Room...
post #3303 of 3549 Old 01-13-2017, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryecohen View Post
I also found these that have an adapter for speakers that have a different thread size than the mount...

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2
Thanks! Yeah, I saw those - several reviewers who have them say the weight limit is very dubious and they wouldn't put anything over 10 lbs on them. These Strada 2's are nice and heavy - listed at 13.5 lbs and the omnimounts say they can handle up to 15 lbs - I'm a little iffy there as well. I have a set of omnimount 10 lbs that I used for much lighter speakers - it worked fine though I had to tighten them quite a bit to perch them at the angle I wanted.

Anyway - so yes the thread size is the main question I have and I have not as yet found that info for the Strada 2's rear mounting hardware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3304 of 3549 Old 01-17-2017, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Anyway - so yes the thread size is the main question I have and I have not as yet found that info for the Strada 2's rear mounting hardware.
Sorry, I forgot to check... I'll try to remember this evening.

My Media Room...
post #3305 of 3549 Old 01-17-2017, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Speaker Wire for Reference 3.0/3.1

Hi, For owners of ref 3/3.1 what speaker wire gauge do you recommend? Also one speaker is closer to the receiver than the other, should I get the same length for both or I can use shorter wire for one side? Any brand recommendations? Thanks.
post #3306 of 3549 Old 01-17-2017, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Sorry, I forgot to check... I'll try to remember this evening.
Thanks Barry. The bolts in the back of the Strada II (currently in my table stand assembly) take a size CRV 5/32 allen key... is that the same as thread size?? (I'm guessing it is not) The bolt itself does not have a size marking anywhere. I can't for the life of me find this info on the web.
post #3307 of 3549 Old 01-19-2017, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Barry. The bolts in the back of the Strada II (currently in my table stand assembly) take a size CRV 5/32 allen key... is that the same as thread size?? (I'm guessing it is not) The bolt itself does not have a size marking anywhere. I can't for the life of me find this info on the web.
Looks to be 1/4" SAE, can't be 100% sure as I don't have a marked box of nuts or bolts to compare it to.
Your best bet is to take a speaker, or just the screw, to your local hardware store, and find a nut/screw that fits/matches. Then you'll know for sure

P.S. Just thought of something. I'm talking about the screw that goes right into the back of the speaker, not the screw that goes into the mount-clamp. I have the Floor Stands, so there are two screws that go through the stand directly into the speaker. On the Table and Wall stands, these screws hold a bracket to the back of the speaker which is used to articulate the position of the speaker and attach it via a clamping mechanism to the stand/mount.

The screw I measured is the one circled in RED...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	anthonygallo_stradashelfsstand_1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1905241  

My Media Room...

Last edited by barryecohen; 01-19-2017 at 08:52 AM.
post #3308 of 3549 Old 01-19-2017, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDD337 View Post
Hi, For owners of ref 3/3.1 what speaker wire gauge do you recommend? Also one speaker is closer to the receiver than the other, should I get the same length for both or I can use shorter wire for one side? Any brand recommendations? Thanks.

Please see this post > https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...l#post21795948

Though I've since gone to this > http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwire...9640/204862207 pairing 2 of the wires for positive and negative and using the 5th for the OPT feed on my Reference 3.5s

My Media Room...

Last edited by barryecohen; 01-19-2017 at 10:16 AM.
post #3309 of 3549 Old 01-20-2017, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Like nearly everything in the audio sphere speaker wire is highly debated. I will only say to my ears the Monoprice 12AWG wire works beautifully with my Stradas. It's also inexpensive enough that you can try it and see for yourself with little financial risk.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2747

I use different lengths for my mains and center with no audible issues. The science says length differences are irrelevant and inaudible in any typical room. Subjective opinions vary. You have to decide what bothers you more, the aesthetics of the extra, unnecessary length of one cable, or the idea that maybe with different lengths, despite the science, the sound isn't quite as perfect as it could be. There's no one answer that's best for everyone.

Last edited by abalone; 01-20-2017 at 04:04 PM.
post #3310 of 3549 Old 01-23-2017, 07:33 AM

Reference 3.x series

Again for people who own these speakers, what do you use to clean these speakers specially the stainless steel part? I assume most people who own these speakers don't use the grill and want to show the beauty Do you use stainless steel cleaner/polisher? How about the mids, tweeter, woofers & the spine? Thanks.
post #3311 of 3549 Old 01-23-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abalone View Post
Like nearly everything in the audio sphere speaker wire is highly debated. I will only say to my ears the Monoprice 12AWG wire works beautifully with my Stradas. It's also inexpensive enough that you can try it and see for yourself with little financial risk.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2747

I use different lengths for my mains and center with no audible issues. The science says length differences are irrelevant and inaudible in any typical room. Subjective opinions vary. You have to decide what bothers you more, the aesthetics of the extra, unnecessary length of one cable, or the idea that maybe with different lengths, despite the science, the sound isn't quite as perfect as it could be. There's no one answer that's best for everyone.
Thanks for the reply. I end up ordering the MediaBridge brand from Amazon. It is a pre made wires with banana plugs on both ends using 12 gauge wire. Ordered 12ft for the left speaker and 6ft for the right speaker. Hopefully this works
post #3312 of 3549 Old 01-25-2017, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Gallo 3.1 Woofer replacement

Hi folks,
The woofers in my Gallo 3.1s were damaged due to transport mishandling.
Has anyone replaced woofers in any of the 3.x speakers, themselves?
I'm wondering if it's a simple operation.

Also I'm wondering what the proper replacement driver is.
Someone in another post here or someplace else I found said the 3.1 woofers were Peerless XLS.
But the Peerless XLS 10" driver spec sheet says nothing about dual voice coils.
Does anyone know what the proper driver is?

Thanks,
Eli
post #3313 of 3549 Old 01-26-2017, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunwire54 View Post
Hi folks,
The woofers in my Gallo 3.1s were damaged due to transport mishandling.
Has anyone replaced woofers in any of the 3.x speakers, themselves?
I'm wondering if it's a simple operation.

Also I'm wondering what the proper replacement driver is.
Someone in another post here or someplace else I found said the 3.1 woofers were Peerless XLS.
But the Peerless XLS 10" driver spec sheet says nothing about dual voice coils.
Does anyone know what the proper driver is?

Thanks,
Eli

Replacing the woofer is relatively simple. There is a single hex-key screw on the back center of the woofer enclosure, and that is what holds the woofer in place. With that said, the woofer needs to be able to accept a screw in the center of its magnet structure. You're probably best off contacting Gallo directly about getting replacements.

My Media Room...
post #3314 of 3549 Old 01-26-2017, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I heard back from Gallo customer service quite quickly.
They said:
"the dual voice coil driver is unfortunately no longer available. The only option we currently have available is a single voice coil driver, the same driver as in the TR3d subwoofer. It is fully compatible with the Reference 3.1.

Cost for this replacement driver is $200 each plus shipping."

I think I'll take my speakers apart and see if I can get a model # off the driver and see if there's any chance of repairing my drivers.
post #3315 of 3549 Old 01-31-2017, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunwire54 View Post
I think I'll take my speakers apart and see if I can get a model # off the driver and see if there's any chance of repairing my drivers.
Any luck?

My Media Room...
post #3316 of 3549 Old 02-07-2017, 07:28 AM

Ref 3.5 Re-introduced

Is there any truth to this? A store who sells some AG speakers told me that Ref 3.5 speakers will be re introduce again this year. It will be available around October with $4500 MSRP. Anybody heard about this? Thanks.
post #3317 of 3549 Old 02-07-2017, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is there any truth to this? A store who sells some AG speakers told me that Ref 3.5 speakers will be re introduce again this year. It will be available around October with $4500 MSRP. Anybody heard about this? Thanks.
Not sure, but there is this...

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/pos...54032210522665

My Media Room...
post #3318 of 3549 Old 02-07-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks!
post #3319 of 3549 Old 02-09-2017, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Strada 2 Anechoic Response

Has anyone seen or know of the anechoic response of Strada 2 speakers? I've done a basic (in room) measurements which seems to correspond to a 3rd order / 80Hz roll-off; i.e., a x/o curve of this design follows the speaker roll-off. The reason for the request is that it'd be handy to know the anechoic response as part of designing a digital x/o between the Strada 2 and TR-3D. Thanks in advance.
post #3320 of 3549 Old 02-12-2017, 01:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Looking at the photo it seems curious at least to me, that they have changed the base of the Reference 3.5 version to one which now seem to be replaced by spikes.

Question:
I have replaced my former front speakers by a pair of Reference 3.5 and the center by a Strada I center.
To my astonishment I got a phase error on both Gallo front speakers after this when testing / measuring the installation, which I never had before. So I checked the connections of the speaker wiring on both sides (speakers and amps), but everything looked (and measured) fine. After this I started testing the individual components: amp (Ncores): OK, speaker wiring: OK, Strada Center: OK and finally the Reference 3.5: not OK. Both 3.5 speakers seem to be wired out of phase when looking at the color marked connectors at the rear. If I switch the phase of the connections of both speakers by exchanging my marked "hot" (red) and "cold" (black) cables against the corresponding marking on the rear everything tests (and sounds) OK. Even more interesting is, that the Strada center is wired correctly. Note: I used phase testing equipment by Omnitronics (LH-090) which is been used commonly for phase checking stage equipment during installation. To circumvent any near field effects I measured from several distances somewhat further away. Will do some additional testing with my Phonic PAA6 audio measuring computer to verify the results...

I find it strange that the speaker connections on both Reference 3.5 are marked the wrong way around. Anyone noticed that before ?
Don't think, it's an individual error, because both speakers seem - after a thorough check - to be unopend ant not manipulated. Everything else seems to be functioning OK.

PS.: I remember vaguely, that in either the manual or a Gallo brochure there was a statement, that one should test if a reverse hookup for the Reference 3.5 would sound better this way as some had experienced. A hint to that intentional phase reversal ?

Last edited by gurkey; 02-13-2017 at 01:40 AM.
post #3321 of 3549 Old 02-12-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkey View Post
Looking at the photo it seems curious at least to me, that they have changed the base of the Reference 3.5 version to one which now seem to be replaced by spikes.

Question:
I have replaced my former front speakers by a pair of Reference 3.5 and the center by a Strada I center.
Something sounded "strange" after checking the sound in my multi-channel installation afterwards. To my astonishment I got a phase error on both Gallo front speakers after this when testing / measuring the installation, which I never had before. So I checked the connections of the speaker wiring on both sides (speakers and amps), but everything looked (and measured) fine. After this I started testing the individual components: amp (Ncores): OK, speaker wiring: OK, Strada Center: OK and finally the Reference 3.5: not OK. Both 3.5 speakers seem to be wired out of phase when looking at the color marked connectors at the rear. If I switch the phase of the connections of both speakers by exchanging my marked "hot" (red) and "cold" (black) cables against the corresponding marking on the rear everything tests (and sounds) OK. Even more interesting is, that the Strada center is wired correctly. Note: I used phase testing equipment by Omnitronics (LH-090) which is been used commonly for phase checking stage equipment during installation. To circumvent any near field effects I measured from several distances somewhat further away.

I find it strange that the speaker connections on both Reference 3.5 are marked the wrong way around. Anyone noticed that before ?
Don't think, it's an individual error, because both speakers seem - after a thorough check - to be unopend ant not manipulated. Everything else seems to be functioning OK.

PS.: I remember vaguely, that in either the manual or a Gallo brochure there was a statement, that one should test if a reverse hookup for the Reference 3.5 would sound better this way as some had experienced. A hint to that intentional phase reversal ?

Yes, I've seen the same reversed phase with Strada 2 (purchased new in the box)

Edit: Just remeasured and do see one speaker out of phase but not yet 100% sure that the issue isn't with the cabling. I'll swap out later and report back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zydeco67; 03-07-2017 at 01:04 PM.
post #3322 of 3549 Old 02-12-2017, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

One other thing I found unusual: the "OPT" hook up is supposed to be done to the "+" labeled speaker wire terminal. This is "normally" been done by connecting something like it to "GND" potential if you want to isolate it. But if the markings are reversed then this will fit...

Still speculating, why the speaker wires were supposed to be hooked up in reverse phase... because this is quite "unusual" to say the least.

PS.: Can't believe that a phase reversal is for real. Will do some additional mesurements to get an idea, what's happening...
The simple battery test using an 1.5V battery for checking the phase on the bass driver will be a starting point, after that I will try to verify my findings with my Phonic PAA6.

Last edited by gurkey; 02-13-2017 at 01:43 AM.
post #3323 of 3549 Old 02-14-2017, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
One other thing I found unusual: the "OPT" hook up is supposed to be done to the "+" labeled speaker wire terminal. This is "normally" been done by connecting something like it to "GND" potential if you want to isolate it. But if the markings are reversed then this will fit...

Still speculating, why the speaker wires were supposed to be hooked up in reverse phase... because this is quite "unusual" to say the least.

PS.: Can't believe that a phase reversal is for real. Will do some additional mesurements to get an idea, what's happening...
The simple battery test using an 1.5V battery for checking the phase on the bass driver will be a starting point, after that I will try to verify my findings with my Phonic PAA6.
I've seen several articles quoting Anthony Gallo as suggesting swapping the polarity of the cables at the amp to see which way sounds better. I read one quote where he supposedly said about 70% of amps sound better to him with inverted polarity. I've also read articles stating that polarity varies from one album to another. It's not a big deal to swap polarity, listen, and go with what sounds best. Obviously I can't know if your specific speakers are internally wired correctly, but my Stradas and TR-1D subs are detected as in correct phase by Audyssey on my Denon receiver when wired normally. I've tried the polarity swap test but prefer the sound with standard polarity.
post #3324 of 3549 Old 02-14-2017, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

My Strada Is are been reported by Audyssey XT32 and the Omnitronics phase tester LH-090 as been wired "in phase" too. That's fine.

The reason for looking at the phase at all was, that both systems used for measuring (Audyssey MultEQ XT32 on my Denon 7200WA + Ncore amps and the LH-090 phase tester) have consistently reported my Reference 3.5s (front L+R) as been acoustically "out of phase", which seemed strange to me, because wiring, amps etc. all measured correctly "in phase" and have been verified several times. Other speakers used before produced no phase errors at all. They haven't been connected accidentally "reverse phase" at the factory as suggested. One speaker might rarely happen, but not both...
Note: What should happen: the rising edge of the signal should produce an outward (push) action of the piston / cone of the driver when "in phase".

I repeated my measurements then with my audio measurement computer Phonic PAA6, which uses a different, adjustable and lower frequenenc range (20-200 Hz) compared to the LH-090 and signal type (triangle wave) and a calibrated pair of microphones compared with the LH-090 for measuring polarity, which employes an impulse signal repeatedly for measuring phase with a single mike. The Phonic PAA6 showed some polarity reversals in the bass region but most of the frequencies measured were in phase with the exciting signal.
The battery test using a 1.5V battery was less useful than usual, bcause little movement of the bass driver was visible by hooking it up the usual way, connecting noise mostly heard from the mid range drivers. The lower Ref 3.5 speaker connection produced a "thump" only from the bass driver with little visible movement too, but what i saw seemed to suggest, that it moves somewhat outward using the standard connection.

I decided then to connected them as labeled on the rear, trusting the manufacturers markings.
Measuring this way afterwards showed a F3 point for the Ref 3.5s of 60 Hz, whilst measuring with reverse phased gave an F3 reading of 90 Hz. At least the bass region sounded more pronounced, when using the standard connection, that's for sure. I will do some more test runs measuring them in phase and reverse phase and saving those results to my computer over the net and listening to the corresponding results. There may always be areas which are somewhat out of phase, but interacting with the rest of the speakers they should be "in phase" as expected.

Last edited by gurkey; 02-14-2017 at 11:50 PM.
post #3325 of 3549 Old 02-15-2017, 12:00 AM

I'm running a pair of Strada 2 that side on some excellent isobaric woofers (not subwoofers these are flat to well above 600hz). So far I've tried 3 setups - A) Strada running full range with Woofers low passed at 80Hz, B) tradition 2-way crossover at 80Hz and C) traditional crossover at 320Hz. All of these have used a mini-DSP to manage the crossover. The issue with Option A has been measurements show that the combined response is lower that that of the woofers alone so there must be some phase cancellation. Option B worked well but the higher x/o point of Option C seems at first listen to be the best as I'm retaining the great mid-high whilst getting more impact on the mid-bass. Has anyone else played with various crossovers between Strada 2 and sub-/woofers? And if so then what were the findings?
post #3326 of 3549 Old 02-15-2017, 01:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Strada 2 seem to have their F3 point somwhere around 80 Hz - 120 Hz depending on the mounting position relative to the walls, ceiling and floor (room gain).
This should be the minimal "cut off" point to be used. Full ange is rather bad because the bass- / midrange driver will be overloaded going further down reducing the Stradas output strongly at lower frequencies and stressing its drivers mechanically and electrically (distortion, heat, suspension etc.).
To phase match both (subwoofer and Strada) at the crossover frequency just play a limited bandwidth sweep (or sine wave signal) at crossover frequency and maximize the combined output there by adjusting the phase (or "distance" / delay) settings. If both systems are in-tune (in phase) their output will maximize (add up) in this region. The further out of phase the lower the combined output at this frequency.
post #3327 of 3549 Old 02-15-2017, 03:01 AM

Quote:
The Strada 2 seem to have their F3 point somwhere around 80 Hz - 120 Hz depending on the mounting position relative to the walls, ceiling and floor (room gain).
This should be the minimal "cut off" point to be used. Full ange is rather bad because the bass- / midrange driver will be overloaded going further down reducing the Stradas output strongly at lower frequencies and stressing its drivers mechanically and electrically (distortion, heat, suspension etc.).
To phase match both (subwoofer and Strada) at the crossover frequency just play a limited bandwidth sweep (or sine wave signal) at crossover frequency and maximize the combined output there by adjusting the phase (or "distance" / delay) settings. If both systems are in-tune (in phase) their output will maximize (add up) in this region. The further out of phase the lower the combined output at this frequency.

Thanks. Most commentators seem to talk about running the Strada full range and augmenting them with bass but I've reached the same conclusion as yourself - namely that a well implemented x/o between Strada and woofer is best.

The question to me is whether to high pass at 80 to 150 or around 300Hz. My near field measurements seem to suggest a 12 or 18dB per octave roll off with -3dB at 80Hz in my setting. I've thus used a LR2 high pass for Strada and LR4 low pass to the woofers. I will, as per your suggestion, tinker with delay/phase. All that said, at first shot a symmetric LR4 x/o at 320Hz sounded better. (I chose this x/o point as it means that both woofers and Strada are flat for a couple of octaves either side of the x/o.) Perhaps, though, the best x/o will be somewhere in 150 to 200 range based on this being used in the Ref 3.1. The complication would be that the x/o would interact with the acoustic roll off of the Strada 2. Food for thought and trial-and-error.

post #3328 of 3549 Old 02-15-2017, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

A high- / low-pass filter of something like 200 - 300 Hz is not such a good idea, because 1) the subwoofer starts to perform sub-optimally at higher frequencies due to cone break up and polar radiation issues etc. If your satellites are really small you can't avoid it, but the Stradas don't need this (normally), even when room gain is no longer supportive due to placement issues.
Additionally at higher cross over frequencies there comes into play the issue of localisation. It has been stated (and proven) that subwoofers might be used up to frequencies of appr. 160 Hz, if they are been placed in line with the fronts and rather close to them (phase angle between right and left ear etc.), if they are supposed to be invisible / inaudible as separate sound sources. Above that the human hearing might start localizing both as two separate sound sources instead of a single one, which induces shift phenomena etc. This frequency shifts to even lower values, if the subs are moved more off line, side ways or even behind you. The lower limit there is appr. 60 Hz as the worst case.

Last edited by gurkey; 02-15-2017 at 10:34 AM.
post #3329 of 3549 Old 02-15-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
A high- / low-pass filter of something like 200 - 300 Hz is not such a good idea, because 1) the subwoofer starts to perform sub-optimally at higher frequencies due to cone break up and polar radiation issues etc. If your satellites are really small you can't avoid it, but the Stradas don't need this (normally), even when room gain is no longer supportive due to placement issues.
Additionally at higher cross over frequencies there comes into play the issue of localisation. It has been stated (and proven) that subwoofers might be used up to frequencies of appr. 160 Hz, if they are been placed in line with the fronts and rather close to them (phase angle between right and left ear etc.), if they are supposed to be invisible / inaudible as separate sound sources. Above that the human hearing might start localizing both as two separate sound sources instead of a single one, which induces shift phenomena etc. This frequency shifts to even lower values, if the subs are moved more off line, side ways or even behind you. The lower limit there is appr. 60 Hz as the worst case.

Thanks. I'll try a x/o around 150Hz. The complication is that with the rolloff of Strada at about 80Hz it is difficult to get the total (acoustic + electric) x/o to be symmetric; i.e., if I use a LR4 the the Strada output is -24dB/oc down to 80Hz and then -36dB/oc below 80Hz. It might not be an issue given that this region could be dominated by room modes but I seem to recall that the rule of thumb was for drivers to be flat 2 octaves below / above the x/o point.

Re: higher x/o. Your points are well put and understood. The specific situation here is a bit different for two reasons: 1) the bass units are dual isobaric 8" woofers based on Scan Speak drivers and are flat to well above 600Hz and 2) the Strada / woofers are co-located; i.e., the woofers are the stand upon which the Strada sit. The rationale for the 320Hz x/o was the flat for 2 octaves rule but the fact that Gallo use a x/o around 150Hz for the 3.1/3.5 and desire to get as close as possible to a quasi point source means that I'll definitely follow the advice for a lower x/o.

post #3330 of 3549 Old 02-16-2017, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydeco67 View Post

the fact that Gallo use a x/o around 150Hz for the 3.1/3.5 and desire to get as close as possible to a quasi point source means that I'll definitely follow the advice for a lower x/o.

I have the original Stradas supported by two sealed SVS subs, co-located with Stradas. Stradas are on 68cm stands away from the back and side walls. Not much wall gain there.

My Onkyo AVR's XT32 set the x/o point at 150Hz. I use the Onkyo AVR as pre-out to Rotel power amp.

I have not measured the FR or TD responses but they sound really nice and tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Anthony Gallo Acoustics , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Tr 3d , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Reference 3 5 , Yamaha , Sony , Pioneer Elite , Pioneer Elite 49 Txi Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page