Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 77 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 123Likes

post #2281 of 2291 Old 06-09-2019, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
We are all poor in relation to others. Me, too! Just tryin' to be HAPPY HAPPY on the Aerial train!
I’m happy to be getting some of Steve’s table scraps; I’ll be buying his KEF ceiling speakers for Atmos duty once his new theater upgrade is complete!
Class A likes this.

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC. ATI 6005, AT527NC, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), SR3's sides, LR3's (rears), Seaton Submersive HP, Marantz VP15s1, 123" diag 16:9 Stewart Cima Neve screen, Oppo BDP-103, Palliser Flicks Theater Seating AC Power: Eaton whole-house surge protector at main panel, three dedicated 20 amp circuits, Surgex XR315 surge protector at equipment rack, Cyberpower 1400VA/900 watt, true sine wave UPS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2291 Old 06-11-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 4138
Thumbs up

More delays on the 30T. Apparently Michael is having problems w/the quality of the cabinets. He is going to have them made in the USA. If that's so Steve raise the Flag!!
post #2283 of 2291 Old 06-11-2019, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
More delays on the 30T. Apparently Michael is having problems w/the quality of the cabinets. He is going to have them made in the USA.
Curious as to your source?

If I buy them and assuming top notch Aerial quality I am happy wherever the cabinets are made.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 If I recommend a dealer It will be a person to person recommendation! Theatre renovation/upgrade awaiting July/August 2019!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2284 of 2291 Old 06-12-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Curious as to your source?

If I buy them and assuming top notch Aerial quality I am happy wherever the cabinets are made.
My dealer who talks to Michael quite often. Apparently there was a problem w/the manufacturer so he's going to move production over here. He didn't go into details. But I'm sure he'll have quality cabinets. He's never compromised on quality.
post #2285 of 2291 Old 06-12-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
More delays on the 30T. Apparently Michael is having problems w/the quality of the cabinets. He is going to have them made in the USA. If that's so Steve raise the Flag!!
I can’t afford the 30ts this year anyway - spending too much on AV gear and theatre renovation! Next year is another story! 😁😜😁

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 If I recommend a dealer It will be a person to person recommendation! Theatre renovation/upgrade awaiting July/August 2019!
post #2286 of 2291 Old 06-13-2019, 04:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
I can’t afford the 30ts this year anyway - spending too much on AV gear and theatre renovation! Next year is another story! 😁😜😁
W/all the improvements your putting in enjoy the new setup. Any new timeline on completion?
post #2287 of 2291 Old 06-13-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
W/all the improvements your putting in enjoy the new setup. Any new timeline on completion?
Depends on the cabinet guy getting to me, he 's been real busy with a backlog. Hopefully no later than sometime in August, possibly July.
What's scary is my existing 5.2.4 setup sounds surreal already for both movies and music, thanks to changing SSPs to the Trinnov Altitude 32!
The transformation to come is downright [email protected]@@ The Bruzer Cinema 9.4.13 (probably 13 inceiling speakers, but still to be finally determined) is coming! Aerial luvers will need to take a Phoenix area vacation and demo (not this summer, last night 7 pm was 111 degrees outside).

post #2288 of 2291 Old 06-15-2019, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have always loved Aerial Speakers and I enjoy my 7B an CC3B very much. I am looking to upgrade but I am not sure if I should go the LR5 route, or try and work out the 7T, 7CC possibility... One is obviously more financially feasible than the other, but sometimes you just want to go big! lol

I see a lot of interest int he 7LCR's here, but I haven't heard anyone actually owning them. Does anyone own them yet? I know Steve is probably going to buy out all remaining stock of these pretty soon, so I guess I need to get cracking if they are something I should consider... lol

Has anyone heard the 7LCR next to the 7CC? I wonder if there would be much of a difference in performance between the two as a center channel. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
post #2289 of 2291 Old 06-15-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
I have always loved Aerial Speakers and I enjoy my 7B an CC3B very much. I am looking to upgrade but I am not sure if I should go the LR5 route, or try and work out the 7T, 7CC possibility... One is obviously more financially feasible than the other, but sometimes you just want to go big! lol

I see a lot of interest int he 7LCR's here, but I haven't heard anyone actually owning them. Does anyone own them yet? I know Steve is probably going to buy out all remaining stock of these pretty soon, so I guess I need to get cracking if they are something I should consider... lol

Has anyone heard the 7LCR next to the 7CC? I wonder if there would be much of a difference in performance between the two as a center channel. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
The 7t is an amazing speaker. I've already got my 6 7LCRs, they are awaiting my installer and cabinet guy getting to me to do my theatre renovation/install in the next month or two hopefully!

As to 7LCR vs 7CC, I advise you call Aerial Acoustics and talk with Michael Kelly. Tell him about your setup and he will give you the best honest advise re which way to go. If you go 7ts for front right and left, then assuming you can't do a floorstander for center, the 7LCR will match the 7ts best,and is 38" x 8" x 4.8" (vs 24" x 8" x 12" for the 7CC). But for "lesser" or older Aerial models (other than 20T) the 7CC may work fine at lesser cost. If you go the LR5 route, I bet Michael will recommend the 7CC as center. Just my thoughts!

I bet there are remaining stock on the 7LCRs - since I am not putting them in on my ceiling as "inceiling" speakers. I am crazy but not quite that crazy!

Note that 7LCR is rated down 2 dB from 60 Hz to 25 kHz, 7CC actually has same specs except goes down a tad deeper to 55 Hz! 7CC is designed deeper more as a conventional center speaker whereas 7LCR is designed more as a 7t but not near as deep to work for onwall mounting. 7LCRs up front would work well wall mounted behind a transparent screen, which is what they are primarily designed for, and I'm sure some Aerial dealers have done exactly this - I have simply chosen to keep three Aerial 7ts up front (best imaging and soundstage possible) but for practical reasons and moving to a 9.4.13 system the six 7LCRs on wall for front wide surrounds, side surrounds, and rear surrounds will work well (perhaps a bit of overkill!!!)!!!
Jrunr and Class A like this.

post #2290 of 2291 Old 06-16-2019, 04:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post

Audio Video Therapy has the 7LCR 7CC set up in one of their HT rooms. The sound is seamless. This was the front end when Michael Kelly was at the store to demo the new LCR's a few years ago. The LCR is basically a 7T w/a little les bottom end. But Michael felt if you were going to use it for HT you were going to use sub to add in the lower bass.
post #2291 of 2291 Old 06-16-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Audio Video Therapy has the 7LCR 7CC set up in one of their HT rooms. The sound is seamless. This was the front end when Michael Kelly was at the store to demo the new LCR's a few years ago. The LCR is basically a 7T w/a little les bottom end. But Michael felt if you were going to use it for HT you were going to use sub to add in the lower bass.
As the 7LCR is designed to be mounted in wall or on wall, it simply can't be near as deep as the 7T or even the center speaker 7CC. Yet specwise its identical to the 7T except only goes down to 60 Hz out of necessity given its depth design! I'll bet Aerial dealers have done a fair share of this for the atypical high end customer with a projector and large screen who love Aerials - just that 99.9999% of Aerial luvers (as with all home theater luvers) simply do not post on the forums, although many do "watch" without posting!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy Cc 5 Center Channel Speaker Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page