Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 77 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 126Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2281 of 2311 Old 06-09-2019, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jdlynch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
We are all poor in relation to others. Me, too! Just tryin' to be HAPPY HAPPY on the Aerial train!
I’m happy to be getting some of Steve’s table scraps; I’ll be buying his KEF ceiling speakers for Atmos duty once his new theater upgrade is complete!
Class A likes this.

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC. ATI 6005, AT527NC, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), SR3's sides, LR3's (rears), Seaton Submersive HP, Marantz VP15s1, 123" diag 16:9 Stewart Cima Neve screen, Oppo BDP-103, Palliser Flicks Theater Seating AC Power: Eaton whole-house surge protector at main panel, three dedicated 20 amp circuits, Surgex XR315 surge protector at equipment rack, Cyberpower 1400VA/900 watt, true sine wave UPS.
jdlynch is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2282 of 2311 Old 06-11-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Class A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Thumbs up

More delays on the 30T. Apparently Michael is having problems w/the quality of the cabinets. He is going to have them made in the USA. If that's so Steve raise the Flag!!
Class A is offline  
post #2283 of 2311 Old 06-11-2019, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
More delays on the 30T. Apparently Michael is having problems w/the quality of the cabinets. He is going to have them made in the USA.
Curious as to your source?

If I buy them and assuming top notch Aerial quality I am happy wherever the cabinets are made.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2284 of 2311 Old 06-12-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Class A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Curious as to your source?

If I buy them and assuming top notch Aerial quality I am happy wherever the cabinets are made.
My dealer who talks to Michael quite often. Apparently there was a problem w/the manufacturer so he's going to move production over here. He didn't go into details. But I'm sure he'll have quality cabinets. He's never compromised on quality.
Class A is offline  
post #2285 of 2311 Old 06-12-2019, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
More delays on the 30T. Apparently Michael is having problems w/the quality of the cabinets. He is going to have them made in the USA. If that's so Steve raise the Flag!!
I can’t afford the 30ts this year anyway - spending too much on AV gear and theatre renovation! Next year is another story! 😁😜😁

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #2286 of 2311 Old 06-13-2019, 04:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Class A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
I can’t afford the 30ts this year anyway - spending too much on AV gear and theatre renovation! Next year is another story! 😁😜😁
W/all the improvements your putting in enjoy the new setup. Any new timeline on completion?
Class A is offline  
post #2287 of 2311 Old 06-13-2019, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
W/all the improvements your putting in enjoy the new setup. Any new timeline on completion?
Depends on the cabinet guy getting to me, he 's been real busy with a backlog. Hopefully no later than sometime in August, possibly July.
What's scary is my existing 5.2.4 setup sounds surreal already for both movies and music, thanks to changing SSPs to the Trinnov Altitude 32!
The transformation to come is downright [email protected]@@ The Bruzer Cinema 9.4.13 (probably 13 inceiling speakers, but still to be finally determined) is coming! Aerial luvers will need to take a Phoenix area vacation and demo (not this summer, last night 7 pm was 111 degrees outside).

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #2288 of 2311 Old 06-15-2019, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrunr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have always loved Aerial Speakers and I enjoy my 7B an CC3B very much. I am looking to upgrade but I am not sure if I should go the LR5 route, or try and work out the 7T, 7CC possibility... One is obviously more financially feasible than the other, but sometimes you just want to go big! lol

I see a lot of interest int he 7LCR's here, but I haven't heard anyone actually owning them. Does anyone own them yet? I know Steve is probably going to buy out all remaining stock of these pretty soon, so I guess I need to get cracking if they are something I should consider... lol

Has anyone heard the 7LCR next to the 7CC? I wonder if there would be much of a difference in performance between the two as a center channel. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Jrunr is online now  
post #2289 of 2311 Old 06-15-2019, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
I have always loved Aerial Speakers and I enjoy my 7B an CC3B very much. I am looking to upgrade but I am not sure if I should go the LR5 route, or try and work out the 7T, 7CC possibility... One is obviously more financially feasible than the other, but sometimes you just want to go big! lol

I see a lot of interest int he 7LCR's here, but I haven't heard anyone actually owning them. Does anyone own them yet? I know Steve is probably going to buy out all remaining stock of these pretty soon, so I guess I need to get cracking if they are something I should consider... lol

Has anyone heard the 7LCR next to the 7CC? I wonder if there would be much of a difference in performance between the two as a center channel. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
The 7t is an amazing speaker. I've already got my 6 7LCRs, they are awaiting my installer and cabinet guy getting to me to do my theatre renovation/install in the next month or two hopefully!

As to 7LCR vs 7CC, I advise you call Aerial Acoustics and talk with Michael Kelly. Tell him about your setup and he will give you the best honest advise re which way to go. If you go 7ts for front right and left, then assuming you can't do a floorstander for center, the 7LCR will match the 7ts best,and is 38" x 8" x 4.8" (vs 24" x 8" x 12" for the 7CC). But for "lesser" or older Aerial models (other than 20T) the 7CC may work fine at lesser cost. If you go the LR5 route, I bet Michael will recommend the 7CC as center. Just my thoughts!

I bet there are remaining stock on the 7LCRs - since I am not putting them in on my ceiling as "inceiling" speakers. I am crazy but not quite that crazy!

Note that 7LCR is rated down 2 dB from 60 Hz to 25 kHz, 7CC actually has same specs except goes down a tad deeper to 55 Hz! 7CC is designed deeper more as a conventional center speaker whereas 7LCR is designed more as a 7t but not near as deep to work for onwall mounting. 7LCRs up front would work well wall mounted behind a transparent screen, which is what they are primarily designed for, and I'm sure some Aerial dealers have done exactly this - I have simply chosen to keep three Aerial 7ts up front (best imaging and soundstage possible) but for practical reasons and moving to a 9.4.13 system the six 7LCRs on wall for front wide surrounds, side surrounds, and rear surrounds will work well (perhaps a bit of overkill!!!)!!!
Jrunr and Class A like this.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #2290 of 2311 Old 06-16-2019, 04:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Class A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
I have always loved Aerial Speakers and I enjoy my 7B an CC3B very much. I am looking to upgrade but I am not sure if I should go the LR5 route, or try and work out the 7T, 7CC possibility... One is obviously more financially feasible than the other, but sometimes you just want to go big! lol

I see a lot of interest int he 7LCR's here, but I haven't heard anyone actually owning them. Does anyone own them yet? I know Steve is probably going to buy out all remaining stock of these pretty soon, so I guess I need to get cracking if they are something I should consider... lol

Has anyone heard the 7LCR next to the 7CC? I wonder if there would be much of a difference in performance between the two as a center channel. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Audio Video Therapy has the 7LCR 7CC set up in one of their HT rooms. The sound is seamless. This was the front end when Michael Kelly was at the store to demo the new LCR's a few years ago. The LCR is basically a 7T w/a little les bottom end. But Michael felt if you were going to use it for HT you were going to use sub to add in the lower bass.
Class A is offline  
post #2291 of 2311 Old 06-16-2019, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Audio Video Therapy has the 7LCR 7CC set up in one of their HT rooms. The sound is seamless. This was the front end when Michael Kelly was at the store to demo the new LCR's a few years ago. The LCR is basically a 7T w/a little les bottom end. But Michael felt if you were going to use it for HT you were going to use sub to add in the lower bass.
As the 7LCR is designed to be mounted in wall or on wall, it simply can't be near as deep as the 7T or even the center speaker 7CC. Yet specwise its identical to the 7T except only goes down to 60 Hz out of necessity given its depth design! I'll bet Aerial dealers have done a fair share of this for the atypical high end customer with a projector and large screen who love Aerials - just that 99.9999% of Aerial luvers (as with all home theater luvers) simply do not post on the forums, although many do "watch" without posting!

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #2292 of 2311 Old 06-19-2019, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
A discussion of how high to vertically mount Aerial 7LCR speakers in a Trinnov SSP system with a main bed of 9 Aerial speakers (3 7ts and 6 7LCRs), 4 subwoofers and 12 inceiling Triad speakers. With Trinnov SSPs and so many speakers, you want to have a main (floor) bed of speakers, and a top (ceiling) bed of speakers.

I will have my three Aerial Acoustics 7t floorstanders up front in my theater. https://aerialacoustics.com/7t/ The 7ts are 47” high and have the tweeter towards the top. I will have six Aerial Acoustics 7LCRs for front wide surrounds, side surrounds and rear surrounds mounted on the side walls. https://aerialacoustics.com/7lcr/ The 7LCRs are 38” high with the tweeter in the middle. Am I correct in assuming that the 7LCRs should be on wall mounted so that the tweeters are at the same height as the floorstanding 7ts?

Audioguy states that the above assumption is not what he would do. The tweeters in all of his 9 ear level speakers (Triad) are identical. He would mount them so the tweeters are maybe ~6" above your ears while seated. That way, your head does not block the sound from the folks on either side of you!

Jon Herron of Trinnov gave me the following answer, somewhat similar to Audioguy: "It depends… if you listen alone (which I think you mostly do?), you are correct. Maximizing the distinction between listener-level and elevated channels is more immersive. However, most home theaters are designed for multiple listeners. In that case, we recommend elevating the surround by a foot or so above ear level and locating them slightly out of perfect alignment with any given row of seating so as to avoid head occlusion of the sound by the person sitting next to you."

Actually, I have two rows of seating. For comfort, I have Lazy Boy recliners which are I wish a little less high back. And I like to listen to music (ROON Ready ethernet) in the back row, video in the front row. So elevating the surround tweeters (floorstanding Aerial 7t tweeters are close to ear level) by at least 6" to no more than 12" higher than ear level is a good idea for me, too! Plus my theatre is 12' high, so plenty of room to differentiate between the bottom and top music layers!

What's really nice about the 7LCRs is that since the tweeter is in the middle, even if you are mounting the 7LCRs so that the tweeters are the identical height as the 7t tweeters, the 7LCRs can be vertically mounted so the top of the 7LCRs is say 18" higher than the top of the 7ts, which has a nicer appearance than if they are mounted closer to the floor! Indeed, the 7LCRs work very well aesthically and mountingwise, and of course sonically, with the 7ts. (Keep on rubbin' it in!)

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #2293 of 2311 Old 06-19-2019, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrunr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
A discussion of how high to vertically mount Aerial 7LCR speakers in a Trinnov SSP system with a main bed of 9 Aerial speakers (3 7ts and 6 7LCRs), 4 subwoofers and 12 inceiling Triad speakers. With Trinnov SSPs and so many speakers, you want to have a main (floor) bed of speakers, and a top (ceiling) bed of speakers.

I will have my three Aerial Acoustics 7t floorstanders up front in my theater. https://aerialacoustics.com/7t/ The 7ts are 47” high and have the tweeter towards the top. I will have six Aerial Acoustics 7LCRs for front wide surrounds, side surrounds and rear surrounds mounted on the side walls. https://aerialacoustics.com/7lcr/ The 7LCRs are 38” high with the tweeter in the middle. Am I correct in assuming that the 7LCRs should be on wall mounted so that the tweeters are at the same height as the floorstanding 7ts?

Audioguy states that the above assumption is not what he would do. The tweeters in all of his 9 ear level speakers (Triad) are identical. He would mount them so the tweeters are maybe ~6" above your ears while seated. That way, your head does not block the sound from the folks on either side of you!

Jon Herron of Trinnov gave me the following answer, somewhat similar to Audioguy: "It depends… if you listen alone (which I think you mostly do?), you are correct. Maximizing the distinction between listener-level and elevated channels is more immersive. However, most home theaters are designed for multiple listeners. In that case, we recommend elevating the surround by a foot or so above ear level and locating them slightly out of perfect alignment with any given row of seating so as to avoid head occlusion of the sound by the person sitting next to you."

Actually, I have two rows of seating. For comfort, I have Lazy Boy recliners which are I wish a little less high back. And I like to listen to music (ROON Ready ethernet) in the back row, video in the front row. So elevating the surround tweeters (floorstanding Aerial 7t tweeters are close to ear level) by at least 6" to no more than 12" higher than ear level is a good idea for me, too! Plus my theatre is 12' high, so plenty of room to differentiate between the bottom and top music layers!

What's really nice about the 7LCRs is that since the tweeter is in the middle, even if you are mounting the 7LCRs so that the tweeters are the identical height as the 7t tweeters, the 7LCRs can be vertically mounted so the top of the 7LCRs is say 18" higher than the top of the 7ts, which has a nicer appearance than if they are mounted closer to the floor! Indeed, the 7LCRs work very well aesthically and mountingwise, and of course sonically, with the 7ts. (Keep on rubbin' it in!)
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!

Seriously though, definitely looking forward to seeing some pics here soon! Im sure it will be awesome!
Jrunr is online now  
post #2294 of 2311 Old 06-19-2019, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!

Seriously though, definitely looking forward to seeing some pics here soon! Im sure it will be awesome!
My cabinet guy plans to be available to start the renovation project the last week of July - pics must await!

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #2295 of 2311 Old 06-20-2019, 08:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm in the market for an Aerial Acoustics center. I'm looking at the CC3. There seem to be three variations and I want to figure out which is which. My *guess* so far:


CC3: Midrange and tweeter faceplate is complete circle, woofers have convex dustcaps.
CC3B: Midrange and tweeter are closer and faceplates are truncated circles, same woofers with convex dustcaps.
CC3C: Midrange and tweeter are closer and faceplates are truncated circles, different woofers have concave dustcaps.


Is this correct?



Additional comments from anyone who has used two CC3s as main speakers would also be welcome. Thanks.
nat_mann is offline  
post #2296 of 2311 Old 06-20-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Class A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_mann View Post
I'm in the market for an Aerial Acoustics center. I'm looking at the CC3. There seem to be three variations and I want to figure out which is which. My *guess* so far:


CC3: Midrange and tweeter faceplate is complete circle, woofers have convex dustcaps.
CC3B: Midrange and tweeter are closer and faceplates are truncated circles, same woofers with convex dustcaps.
CC3C: Midrange and tweeter are closer and faceplates are truncated circles, different woofers have concave dustcaps.


Is this correct?



Additional comments from anyone who has used two CC3s as main speakers would also be welcome. Thanks.
I've heard all three centers and would be hard pressed to hear a significant difference. All three have the same tweeter. The 3 is 55lbs compared to the other two at 47lbs. The 3 is rated at 87db while the B and C are ar 86db. Power handling is at 50-250 for the 3 and B the C is ar 50-300. The B and C are rated at 50hz-22khz. The 3 is 55Hz-22Khz. All 3 centers have the Environment switches in the back. I've had a CC-3 for years with no desire to upgrade. Still one of the best centers on the market. Finding one in good shape is a real bargain. If you want to move up the Aerial Center line there's the monster CC-5 and the new CC-7 which has a different tweeter to match the T-series and different cabinet.
Class A is offline  
post #2297 of 2311 Old 06-20-2019, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
I had the original CC3 in 1997 and then the CC5 once it came out I think 2001 - then in 2014 moved my screen up a bit (12' ceiling) and got five 7ts including for the center channel! Of course now I'm movin' on but keepin' the three 7ts up front!

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #2298 of 2311 Old 06-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
I've heard all three centers and would be hard pressed to hear a significant difference. All three have the same tweeter. The 3 is 55lbs compared to the other two at 47lbs. The 3 is rated at 87db while the B and C are ar 86db. Power handling is at 50-250 for the 3 and B the C is ar 50-300. The B and C are rated at 50hz-22khz. The 3 is 55Hz-22Khz. All 3 centers have the Environment switches in the back. I've had a CC-3 for years with no desire to upgrade. Still one of the best centers on the market. Finding one in good shape is a real bargain. If you want to move up the Aerial Center line there's the monster CC-5 and the new CC-7 which has a different tweeter to match the T-series and different cabinet.

Good information. Is my assessment of which model is which correct?
Class A likes this.
nat_mann is offline  
post #2299 of 2311 Old 06-20-2019, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Class A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Thumbs up

Yes but among the 3 centers the overall sound is very close. Anyone in good shape at the right price will be an excellent choice. What speakers are you matching the center speaker with?
Class A is offline  
post #2300 of 2311 Old 06-20-2019, 02:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Yes but among the 3 centers the overall sound is very close. Anyone in good shape at the right price will be an excellent choice. What speakers are you matching the center speaker with?
Right now it's a pair of A/D/S/ Sat7s, but I'm playing with the notion of getting 3 CC3s (at least two the same model) and using them in an LCR configuration.
nat_mann is offline  
post #2301 of 2311 Old 06-20-2019, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Class A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_mann View Post
Right now it's a pair of A/D/S/ Sat7s, but I'm playing with the notion of getting 3 CC3s (at least two the same model) and using them in an LCR configuration.
Micael Kelly has mentioned customers purchasing 3 centers. The speaker is that good. Also nice to see that you have speakers from the company he worked for before Aerial; A/D/S. Excellent speakers in their own right.
Class A is offline  
post #2302 of 2311 Old 06-20-2019, 09:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrunr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
I've heard all three centers and would be hard pressed to hear a significant difference. All three have the same tweeter. The 3 is 55lbs compared to the other two at 47lbs. The 3 is rated at 87db while the B and C are ar 86db. Power handling is at 50-250 for the 3 and B the C is ar 50-300. The B and C are rated at 50hz-22khz. The 3 is 55Hz-22Khz. All 3 centers have the Environment switches in the back. I've had a CC-3 for years with no desire to upgrade. Still one of the best centers on the market. Finding one in good shape is a real bargain. If you want to move up the Aerial Center line there's the monster CC-5 and the new CC-7 which has a different tweeter to match the T-series and different cabinet.
How do you think that 7CC would match up against the CC3 or CC5?
Jrunr is online now  
post #2303 of 2311 Old 06-21-2019, 07:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Micael Kelly has mentioned customers purchasing 3 centers. The speaker is that good. Also nice to see that you have speakers from the company he worked for before Aerial; A/D/S. Excellent speakers in their own right.
Indeed they are. I've had them for 18 years now. I've heard a few other speakers that are as good, none that are as good and so small. But they are 4 ohm and I want to replace my HT receiver which is also 18 years old. I'd like to pair the new receiver with speakers that are at least 6 ohms.

And I'm sure I don't need to explain this to anyone who reads this forum - I'd like to try something new.
nat_mann is offline  
post #2304 of 2311 Old 06-21-2019, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Class A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
How do you think that 7CC would match up against the CC3 or CC5?
All the Aerial centers are very good. I think the biggest improvement is the Ring Soft Dome Tweeter that you find in the 7CC which matches the rest of the T line. The new tweeter has more detail and a smoother sound. Having owned the older Aerial models and now the 5T I think that is one of the biggest improvements.
Class A is offline  
post #2305 of 2311 Old 06-21-2019, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
g_bartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: cleveland, oh
Posts: 3,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 199
I currently use a CC3 as my center between 2 7T's. It's a fantastic speaker IMO.
Class A likes this.

g_bartman is offline  
post #2306 of 2311 Old 06-22-2019, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrunr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post
I currently use a CC3 as my center between 2 7T's. It's a fantastic speaker IMO.
Ok. That makes me believe that a 7CC would be more of a lateral move (which makes sense looking at the drivers.) Maybe I'll try to pair a 7T with a CC5 instead since I can't do 3 7T's like Steve
Jrunr is online now  
post #2307 of 2311 Old 07-13-2019, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
My cabinet guy plans to be available to start the renovation project the last week of July - pics must await!
My theatre renovation/install is on to start very end of this month (July). All rear/back cabinets/drawers are being torn out by installer. Cabinet guy is building new cabinetry to enclose Mid-Atlantic component racks, provide disc storage, etc including enclosing my Sony VW5000 projector with a cooling system (so my theatre when projector is on will be near dead quiet, prior of course to playing music or watching tv/movies) and adding a Panamorph DCR anamorphic lens. Some of my many dedicated AC circuits will be relocated to the back. 9.4.13 system will be the end result. Everything is coming out of theatre prior to renovation/install, and once everything is done, theatre will be patched and repainted, then all components and speakers put back in. I am keeping my three Aerial Acoustics 7t floorstanders up front; adding 6 Aerial 7 LCR on wall for surrounds including front wide; adding 13 (possibly less, not 100% sure yet) Trial inceiling Rotatable Sat 9 speakers, keeping 2 JL Audio f212 subs and adding 2 Paradigm Personal subs! This is a major theatre renovation/upgrade which I anticipate will take at least a good month, possibly two, depending up subcontractor availability (electrician, patch/paint, etc). And then in a year or so (I hope) when the new Aerial 30ts are available I will probably get a pair to replace my 7ts at front left and right!

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #2308 of 2311 Old 07-13-2019, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jdlynch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
My theatre renovation/install is on to start very end of this month (July). All rear/back cabinets/drawers are being torn out by installer. Cabinet guy is building new cabinetry to enclose Mid-Atlantic component racks, provide disc storage, etc including enclosing my Sony VW5000 projector with a cooling system (so my theatre when projector is on will be near dead quiet, prior of course to playing music or watching tv/movies) and adding a Panamorph DCR anamorphic lens. Some of my many dedicated AC circuits will be relocated to the back. 9.4.13 system will be the end result. Everything is coming out of theatre prior to renovation/install, and once everything is done, theatre will be patched and repainted, then all components and speakers put back in. I am keeping my three Aerial Acoustics 7t floorstanders up front; adding 6 Aerial 7 LCR on wall for surrounds including front wide; adding 13 (possibly less, not 100% sure yet) Trial inceiling Rotatable Sat 9 speakers, keeping 2 JL Audio f212 subs and adding 2 Paradigm Personal subs! This is a major theatre renovation/upgrade which I anticipate will take at least a good month, possibly two, depending up subcontractor availability (electrician, patch/paint, etc). And then in a year or so (I hope) when the new Aerial 30ts are available I will probably get a pair to replace my 7ts at front left and right!
Steve, I’m looking forward to seeing pics of your completed theater. Sounds like it will be amazing.

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC. ATI 6005, AT527NC, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), SR3's sides, LR3's (rears), Seaton Submersive HP, Marantz VP15s1, 123" diag 16:9 Stewart Cima Neve screen, Oppo BDP-103, Palliser Flicks Theater Seating AC Power: Eaton whole-house surge protector at main panel, three dedicated 20 amp circuits, Surgex XR315 surge protector at equipment rack, Cyberpower 1400VA/900 watt, true sine wave UPS.
jdlynch is online now  
post #2309 of 2311 Old 07-13-2019, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 19,739
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post
Steve, I’m looking forward to seeing pics of your completed theater. Sounds like it will be amazing.
You will have to take an Arizona/Aerial Acoustics vacation and [email protected]@@

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #2310 of 2311 Old 07-13-2019, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Class A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
My theatre renovation/install is on to start very end of this month (July). All rear/back cabinets/drawers are being torn out by installer. Cabinet guy is building new cabinetry to enclose Mid-Atlantic component racks, provide disc storage, etc including enclosing my Sony VW5000 projector with a cooling system (so my theatre when projector is on will be near dead quiet, prior of course to playing music or watching tv/movies) and adding a Panamorph DCR anamorphic lens. Some of my many dedicated AC circuits will be relocated to the back. 9.4.13 system will be the end result. Everything is coming out of theatre prior to renovation/install, and once everything is done, theatre will be patched and repainted, then all components and speakers put back in. I am keeping my three Aerial Acoustics 7t floorstanders up front; adding 6 Aerial 7 LCR on wall for surrounds including front wide; adding 13 (possibly less, not 100% sure yet) Trial inceiling Rotatable Sat 9 speakers, keeping 2 JL Audio f212 subs and adding 2 Paradigm Personal subs! This is a major theatre renovation/upgrade which I anticipate will take at least a good month, possibly two, depending up subcontractor availability (electrician, patch/paint, etc). And then in a year or so (I hope) when the new Aerial 30ts are available I will probably get a pair to replace my 7ts at front left and right!
Hard to imagine how good this set up will sound. Have you thought about the first song and movie your going to play on your new system??
Class A is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy Cc 5 Center Channel Speaker Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off