Changing Bi-poles into Di-poles?.............. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-01-2000, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
Dave Harper's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
As the subject line states, what is needed to convert my current bi-pole surround speakers into di-poles? I know the difference is that one of the drivers of a dipole is 180 degrees out of phase with the other driver (duh) as a bipole, they are both in phase. The question is, can I just open up the speaker cabinet and change the + and - leads of one of the drivers to make it fire out of phase with the other? Is there more involved, say a small circuit of some kind used with the out of phase one? Also, which driver should be the one out of phase, the one facing the front or the one facing the rear?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!! i tried a search for this subject and didn't seem to find anything.

Dave Harper
"Harper Home Theater Systems"
A TAWOW Network Member Company
Dave Harper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off