Ken H - are you listening? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-29-2000, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ken,

I read a post by yours and you stated that you have M&K S-125's. How do you like them?
Are they bright?, pros and cons?

Thanks,
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2000, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes, I have these and am quite happy with them. I use three of them in the front with two S-85 in the rear with an MX-90 sub. I first heard M&K speakers in 1990 and always liked the balanced sound they produced.

For a two channel audio system only, I like an open sound stage with good imaging, like B&W, Martin Logan and KEF.

For multi-channel hometheater, I like the more forward sound of a horn loaded system like Klispch or some of the JBL speakers.

To my ears, the M&K speakers did a great job at both stereo and surround. I do prefer the S-125 to the dedicated 5.1 systems that M&K offered when I bought these, but I have not really auditioned their more recent product.

Because of exposure to too loud music for a long time, I suppose I have lost some of my high frequency hearing. Which might mean to someone with better hearing, the M&K might sound bright, but in the end, you have to listen a lot to find what suits you.

Speakers are like food, there is no best food for everyone, only what you like best.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #3 of 3 Old 03-06-2000, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ken,

Thanks for the reply!

One more question: I have a 2700 cubic foot room - will the S-125's meet the THX SPL requirement of 105 db? I know that the 150 THX system will, but it is a bit expensive and I heard that the speaker is a bit agressive in the highs - of course I would have to hear it for myself to be sure. Like you I think my high frequency hearing is a bit compromised - Led Zep concert and all that.

Thanks,
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page