Avia test disc and bass management on Proceed AVP - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-28-2000, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
rv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased the AVIA test disc and noticed during the bass level/subwoofer adjustment level section, that moving from the left and center channels and down to the subwoofer produces smooth even bass, but moving to the right channel the level seems to drop quite a bit, and with the right surround, the bass just dissapers. Anyone else having this issue, or seen something similar? I'm hoping this is just a bug that hasn't been reported yet to Madrigal, and just requires a software upgrade.

Thanks,

RV

[This message has been edited by rv (edited May 28, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-30-2000, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
rv

Anyone? How about all you Proceed AVP owners out there?
post #3 of 4 Old 06-01-2000, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
rv

I don't have the exact version at the moment, but it is one release before the current one released in March. According to the Madrigal site, there were not any bass management updates for the latest release.

My current configuration is as follows:

B&W 805's, and surrounds, ASW3000 subwoofer. When utilizing the chapter that tests the bass management (i.e proper cross-over cut-off...I cross over at 80hz) features of the your processor, and ensures proper level setting amoung all speakers, the left front, left rear, and center are of equal volume, but the right speaker dramatically drops in volume when putting a signal throught the sub, and the right rear completely drops out when testing the sub. Everything is connected properly, etc. so I can only conclude that this is a bug in the bass management feature. Please let me know your results. I will also be upgrading the software to the March release next week, and will post results/changes.

Thanks,

RV

[This message has been edited by rv (edited June 01, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by rv (edited June 01, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-01-2000, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I own a AVP, but alas, not an AVIA disc. Just out of curiosity, though, which version of the AVP software are you running? I know there were some bass management changes in later releases.

Brad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page