***The Official Ascend Acoustics Sierra Thread*** - Page 159 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1075Likes

post #4741 of 5838 Old 03-01-2017, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoseph View Post
Will the Sierra 1's be ok paired with a Denon Avr x1300 or is that a complete waste of a speaker?
Yes, it will be OK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 5838 Old 03-01-2017, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Thinking of NRT towers for 90% HT. Can anyone comment on the differences in black bamboo vs black matte? I do love that espresso and cherry, though!
post #4743 of 5838 Old 03-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
It's pricey, but Dave Fabrikant has custom-made tall front-ported bookshelves in a Woofer-mid-tweeter-woofer configuration. I don't see the advantage unless you somehow have some recessed high bookshelf space to slot it into except as a center channel to slide in where the Horizon center won't fit.
I'm confused, you say you don't see the advantage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
Because I run quality subs, I don't need the Sierra Tower to plumb to the 40Hz range, so I'd be happy with Sierra bookshelves if the tower's midrange could be reproduced. The Sierra-2's are no slouches, but the mid-range of the Sierra Towers is so damn good!

The RAAL tweeters are amazing, but I think the true magic of the Sierra Towers is in the mid-frequency range. Dave has selected a cost-effective high quality driver that performs superlatively in the frequencies which are delivered to it.
This to me sound like an advantage. I run a pair of funk 18.0c placed in stereo (happened to work well with room modes cause of funny room shape, they are till summed mono), so I have no need for low end performance and can cross as high as is required. I live in an apartment, and am limited for space, plus aesthetically I prefer bookshelves. I actually did price out a custom horizon center, but it's still got a lot of volume and port tuning for a range of audio that I will NEVER EVER use.

I have no intention of trying to push for a low crossover (I'm currently running 90hz just cause thats how things ended up, but 80 is fine too, but I was also equally happy at 120hz). So I literally NEVER use most of the volume/port tuning of the tower. Given how much a ported enclosure can improve efficiency, if nothing else I'd prefer something tuned to a higher port tuning that actually targets the range I am aiming for so I can get more overall efficiency. Also, to the best of my knowledge, the midwoofer of the tower is sealed anyway, which means it should work just as well regardless of enclosure, so to me, a bookshelf with the midwoofer makes way more sense than a big unnecessary woofer.

Bare in mind, I also ordered a pair of custom white Sierra boxes to swap my Sierra-2 guts into just because aesthetically I wanted white speakers. Custom or high cost doesn't really bother me (within reason). I'm actually contemplating seeing if he could build a 3-way bookshelf with the diamond tweeters he's been playing with.

Also, with bookshelves I have the option to use the same speaker for Mains and Surrounds . I contemplated towers as surrounds, but that just seems overly imposing, plus they aren't really tall enough for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4744 of 5838 Old 03-02-2017, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
Thinking of NRT towers for 90% HT. Can anyone comment on the differences in black bamboo vs black matte? I do love that espresso and cherry, though!
Black bamboo is a stain finish, you can actually see the grain/bamboo through the finish when close up...it looks excellent.
Black matte is a painted finish.

-curtis
Owner of Wavecrest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!
post #4745 of 5838 Old 03-02-2017, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Just want to thank everyone again for their feedback. I put my order in last night for late April delivery (only downside - so anxious).

Kept going back and forth between the S2's and the towers and ended up settling on the towers with a horizon center. I'm sure the S2's would have been more than enough for me, but I would have always had that what if in the back of my mind. Next steps will be to replace my surrounds with Luna's or S2's and then upgrade my sub. I'm hoping this becomes my 'forever' system and cures my upgraditis (at least on the speaker side of things).

Also wanted to provide feedback on Ascend's customer service. After reading all the exceptional reviews about Dave and Dina, my expectations were high and the execution greatly exceeded them. Dina was wonderful - pleasant, knowledgeable and extremely flexible. She answered all my questions, reviewed all options available and even extended an opportunity to take delivery of some loaners until my speakers were available. Great experience all around and I haven't even heard the end product yet. I don't think I would have taken that leap of faith without the feedback here and on Ascend's forum.
post #4746 of 5838 Old 03-02-2017, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post
Just want to thank everyone again for their feedback. I put my order in last night for late April delivery (only downside - so anxious).

Kept going back and forth between the S2's and the towers and ended up settling on the towers with a horizon center. I'm sure the S2's would have been more than enough for me, but I would have always had that what if in the back of my mind. Next steps will be to replace my surrounds with Luna's or S2's and then upgrade my sub. I'm hoping this becomes my 'forever' system and cures my upgraditis (at least on the speaker side of things).

Also wanted to provide feedback on Ascend's customer service. After reading all the exceptional reviews about Dave and Dina, my expectations were high and the execution greatly exceeded them. Dina was wonderful - pleasant, knowledgeable and extremely flexible. She answered all my questions, reviewed all options available and even extended an opportunity to take delivery of some loaners until my speakers were available. Great experience all around and I haven't even heard the end product yet. I don't think I would have taken that leap of faith without the feedback here and on Ascend's forum.
Nice! That lengthy wait time is harsh. I guess Dave's business has picked up! Very happy for them. The Towers and Horizon are well worth the wait.

I can tell you that mine have completely absolved me of any want to upgrade. I went to a regular theater a couple days ago for the first time in a year and I was completely unimpressed and greatly missed my system. With the Sierras, a powerful amp, and good room correction, you just can't go wrong.
chomdh and healthnut like this.

Video: Benq HT2150ST Projector --> Silver Ticket 100" Fixed Screen
5.2 Audio: PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers/Horizon Center with RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM 200 SE (surrounds), Dual Rythmik F12 subs
post #4747 of 5838 Old 03-03-2017, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 976 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
Nice! That lengthy wait time is harsh. I guess Dave's business has picked up! Very happy for them. The Towers and Horizon are well worth the wait.

I can tell you that mine have completely absolved me of any want to upgrade. I went to a regular theater a couple days ago for the first time in a year and I was completely unimpressed and greatly missed my system. With the Sierras, a powerful amp, and good room correction, you just can't go wrong.

I agree completely! It's a much more satisfying experience in my own space than in a conventional theater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4748 of 5838 Old 03-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:

Hey Sludge,

Biz here has been remarkably steady for many years now. We just sold our last pair of SE towers just a few days ago but the good news is that our local cabinet maker is getting a bit quicker with our orders these days. Right now they are focused on a very large first production run of the forthcoming Luna's - and I have learned (the hard way) that they do a lot better when we don't overwhelm with orders - best for them to focus on one product at a time for us. As of today, I would estimate wait time for towers to be between 6-8 weeks.

Happy to hear that you continue to enjoy your system!!! I too haven't been to a movie theater in quite some time, and considering how much it costs these days to bring my entire family - a great audio / home theater system really saves $$$ over time...

David Fabrikant

audio professional and soft spoken representative of www.AscendAcoustics.com

post #4749 of 5838 Old 03-03-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post
Hey Sludge,

Biz here has been remarkably steady for many years now. We just sold our last pair of SE towers just a few days ago but the good news is that our local cabinet maker is getting a bit quicker with our orders these days. Right now they are focused on a very large first production run of the forthcoming Luna's - and I have learned (the hard way) that they do a lot better when we don't overwhelm with orders - best for them to focus on one product at a time for us. As of today, I would estimate wait time for towers to be between 6-8 weeks.

Happy to hear that you continue to enjoy your system!!! I too haven't been to a movie theater in quite some time, and considering how much it costs these days to bring my entire family - a great audio / home theater system really saves $$$ over time...
Happy to hear that! Makes sense to give the cabinet maker some time. Emotiva and Schiit have had the same kind of issues with some products running out of stock for a while as they focus on new product runs. It is remarkable that Ascend is able to keep such a wide profile of products with parts from as far away as Serbia and US made cabinets at low prices relative to the competition. That in itself is a feat of engineering.

Even though my theater only seats two people, I still feel like I get an incredible bargain out of it =)

5.2 Audio: PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers/Horizon Center with RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM 200 SE (surrounds), Dual Rythmik F12 subs
post #4750 of 5838 Old 03-04-2017, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm about 90% HT and in the market for new speakers. Is there a significant difference between the sound quality of the NRT tower and 340? The 340s get excellent reviews but I would hope the tower is in another league.
post #4751 of 5838 Old 03-04-2017, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Just picked up a used local pair of Sierra 1's today.. My first experience with Sierras. The cabinets are INSANE! Sounded like I was knocking on a solid block of wood.
post #4752 of 5838 Old 03-05-2017, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 30
uncmt9,i think you would be happy with the nrt towers. we love our nrt towers with the raal horizon center,have not heard the 340s but I bet they sound amazing.
post #4753 of 5838 Old 03-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
I'm about 90% HT and in the market for new speakers. Is there a significant difference between the sound quality of the NRT tower and 340? The 340s get excellent reviews but I would hope the tower is in another league.
I would say there is. The Tower mid range driver, NrT and woofers are the "package". I think you'll love them.

Ascend Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Ascend Horizon Center w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 2 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos modules (x4), SVS PB13 Ultras (x2), SVS PB12+ (x2)
Denon X6500H / Emotiva Mini-X a-100
Panasonic DP-UB820 / PS4 Pro / XBOX 1X
Sony XBR75Z9D, LG OLED65B7A
post #4754 of 5838 Old 03-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

I finally made the decision to go with the Sierra 2 for surround duty over the Luna. In a perfect world I'd have matching towers for surrounds but since my wife would string me up by my ears if I tried that...I figured a pair of S2 would get me pretty close!

Cant wait to get them set up

Adding to the home vs. movie theater discussion... since getting our Sierra towers and Horizon my wife has no interest in going to the theater. We both enjoy the home experience more.

Thanks Dave and Ascend for making these most excellent speakers.
chomdh and healthnut like this.

Ascend Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Ascend Horizon Center w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 2 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos modules (x4), SVS PB13 Ultras (x2), SVS PB12+ (x2)
post #4755 of 5838 Old 03-07-2017, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I have a room that is about 12 x 12 with 8 foot ceiling that I wll be using or about 2 years it is my mancave. After 2 or 3 years the front room that is 14x 12 with 8 foot celling will become avaible. I belive my hearing has goten worse i have a mild tendinites from work maybe and whatching everthing in a huge room with power and sound speakers. I was thinking of geting Sierra 2 and the horizon center with RALL.

Would this be to overberaring for a room this size?

Or would i just be better off geting a sound bar. I dont want to damage my hearing much more.
post #4756 of 5838 Old 03-08-2017, 06:44 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 98
What is a fair price range for used Sierra 1's ?
post #4757 of 5838 Old 03-08-2017, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoseph View Post
What is a fair price range for used Sierra 1's ?
I sold my 7 year old Sierra Ones for $475 three weeks ago.
I felt it was a fair price, the buyer was very excited to get
Them. I listed them for $500 (Craigslist) and was prepared to
Go as low as $450. I actually gave the buyer $25 off because
He didn't even attempt to 'low ball' me.

I upgraded to the Sierra 2's.

(Main)-Marantz 6012*Outlaw Audio M2200*Rythmik F12 subs*Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
******Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)-Assassin HTPC (movies).
(Bedroom)-Marantz SR5003*Paradigm Studio 40,SE Center,SE One*SVS SB-2000 subs*Sony S6200
(Music room)-Outlaw Audio RR2150*Sierra Two ribbon speakers*Rythmik L12 sub*Yamaha CDR-HD1500
post #4758 of 5838 Old 03-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
I sold my 7 year old Sierra Ones for $475 three weeks ago.
I felt it was a fair price, the buyer was very excited to get
Them. I listed them for $500 (Craigslist) and was prepared to
Go as low as $450. I actually gave the buyer $25 off because
He didn't even attempt to 'low ball' me.

I upgraded to the Sierra 2's.
Thanks for responding I have seen them go cheaper but not in my area

I am glad both you and the buyer were happy🙂

Oh yeah I forgot to say (under my breath) lucky bas***d
Congrats on the Sierra 2
grasshoppers likes this.

Last edited by AverageJoseph; 03-08-2017 at 07:23 PM.
post #4759 of 5838 Old 03-09-2017, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by telon175 View Post
I have a room that is about 12 x 12 with 8 foot ceiling that I wll be using or about 2 years it is my mancave. After 2 or 3 years the front room that is 14x 12 with 8 foot celling will become avaible. I belive my hearing has goten worse i have a mild tendinites from work maybe and whatching everthing in a huge room with power and sound speakers. I was thinking of geting Sierra 2 and the horizon center with RALL.

Or would i just be better off geting a sound bar. I dont want to damage my hearing much more.
No, there is no reason this would be overbearing. These speakers sound fantastic played softly or loudly. You could also just get another Sierra-2 as a center channel. It works well for me
post #4760 of 5838 Old 03-09-2017, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Anybody have a natural Sierra 1 center they want to get rid of? It'll take me a bit longer for a new one, so thought I'd inquire here first.
post #4761 of 5838 Old 03-09-2017, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:

When I originally read this post, it was with a wink and a smile. I thought there was just a teeny bit of hyperbole there, but chalked it up to enthusiasm and affection for a well made product as well as pride of ownership.

Then two days later I made my first trip out to the theater to see Logan and walked away with the exact same reaction. So much of the experience was inferior to what I now experience at home- especially the sound.

I thought I'd had "theater quality" sound when I had the CBM 170 set up, and in retrospect I really think I did! They were commensurate with what I could expect most of the time going out to the theater at the time, and that was perfectly in line with my wants and needs when I started to build a HT on a restricted budget.

When I upgraded last year, first to to the Sierra 2s and then to the Towers/Horizon, what I wanted was sound that was of a higher caliber than the average theater. After this last experience, I absolutely believe now I've achieved that. Even if I had just quit at the S2's, I'd still be well ahead of what I heard at that screening.
kyzer soze and healthnut like this.
post #4762 of 5838 Old 03-09-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulidan XM View Post
When I originally read this post, it was with a wink and a smile. I thought there was just a teeny bit of hyperbole there, but chalked it up to enthusiasm and affection for a well made product as well as pride of ownership.

Then two days later I made my first trip out to the theater to see Logan and walked away with the exact same reaction. So much of the experience was inferior to what I now experience at home- especially the sound.

I thought I'd had "theater quality" sound when I had the CBM 170 set up, and in retrospect I really think I did! They were commensurate with what I could expect most of the time going out to the theater at the time, and that was perfectly in line with my wants and needs when I started to build a HT on a restricted budget.

When I upgraded last year, first to to the Sierra 2s and then to the Towers/Horizon, what I wanted was sound that was of a higher caliber than the average theater. After this last experience, I absolutely believe now I've achieved that. Even if I had just quit at the S2's, I'd still be well ahead of what I heard at that screening.
That is really fantastic!! My girlfriend had the same level of skepticism before we went to that movie. She totally thought the theater was going to be great and was really surprised to admit that it was better at home. It felt like a huge win for me because she had given me a lot of crap on how much money and how many hundreds of hours I spent getting this system researched, bought, and tweaked. It took me well over a year to finally decide on Ascend (was set on Aperion before, and Tekton (ew) before that).

Sometimes I feel like I've gone a bit crazy with audiophile nervosa, and, as you said, a good deal of pride in my system, so it is great to get some feedback from a level-headed person who has had the same experience.

I think the most startling difference is in the soundstage and imaging. In that big theater, all I could really discern were sounds coming from left, right, and center. It's a very flat projection from those speakers out into the crowd. At home, with my Sierras, you can hear sounds coming from every direction, and it is very difficult (at times) to tell which speaker is actually producing the sound. After that, I felt like the impact and visceral quality at the theater was well below mine. On the Sierra Towers/Horizon, when people scream in movies at reference volumes, you can feel it in your bones. Adding the F12's in, during big action scenes with a lot of LFE, I can feel my couch rattle, and I can feel my feet vibrate underneath me. I didn't feel that even a little bit at the regular theater. Sure, there was a lot of bass, but I didn't feel it.

post #4763 of 5838 Old 03-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 294
So long story short, I have had my Sierras for quite a while now (back in 2011 i think). Last year I upgraded them to Sierra-2s and got some Towers for mains. The Original cabinets are Gloss Expresso, the Towers I got are Satin Black, and I never really felt like they went together well. I concocted a plan where my friend would pay for me to buy a new pair of cabinets and then I would keep the new cabinets he would get the old ones and all the NrT guts for himself. I was originally just going to go with Satin Black to match my speakers, but I figured I might as well see what my other options would be.

Anyway, I got my cabinets and finally got around to swapping my Sierra-2 guts into the new cabinets and thought I'd share. They are Satin White (same style as Satin Black... just white ):

Before:
Spoiler!

Old Cabinet (Chinese?):
Spoiler!

New Cabinet:
Spoiler!

SideBySide Empty:
Spoiler!

Finished:
Spoiler!

Anyway, I think the White cabinets look amazing. I actually bet they would sell better than many of the other options were they a standard finish.
post #4764 of 5838 Old 03-13-2017, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Anyone used this to bypass the lowest frequencies to their Sierra-2? They let you pick 2 crossover frequencies from 30 - 150 Hz.

What would you recommend as the frequecies to use? I am thinking 80 Hz for option 1 and 100 or 120 Hz for option 2.

Thoughts?

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/...ss-filter.html

post #4765 of 5838 Old 03-13-2017, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post
Anyone used this to bypass the lowest frequencies to their Sierra-2? They let you pick 2 crossover frequencies from 30 - 150 Hz.

What would you recommend as the frequecies to use? I am thinking 80 Hz for option 1 and 100 or 120 Hz for option 2.

Thoughts?

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/...ss-filter.html

I'm not using that product, my stereo receiver (Outlaw rr2150)
Has analog bass mgmt.

I've read that Dave (of Ascend) recommends a xover of 60hz.
When i studied the freq response graphs of my Sierra 2's I noticed
They started dropping slightly at about 70hz.
I use a xover of 80hz. Tried the 60 hz too but didn't notice any difference. Never tried 100hz. I've got my Paradigm sub EQ'd using
PBK (perfect bass kit) and have a flat response up to about 120hz.

I think any 2 between 60 & 100 would be good. If you listen at a
Loud volume and/or sit at a distance I would suggest a higher
Xover point.

(Main)-Marantz 6012*Outlaw Audio M2200*Rythmik F12 subs*Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
******Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)-Assassin HTPC (movies).
(Bedroom)-Marantz SR5003*Paradigm Studio 40,SE Center,SE One*SVS SB-2000 subs*Sony S6200
(Music room)-Outlaw Audio RR2150*Sierra Two ribbon speakers*Rythmik L12 sub*Yamaha CDR-HD1500
post #4766 of 5838 Old 03-16-2017, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia0287 View Post
So long story short, I have had my Sierras for quite a while now (back in 2011 i think). Last year I upgraded them to Sierra-2s and got some Towers for mains. The Original cabinets are Gloss Expresso, the Towers I got are Satin Black, and I never really felt like they went together well. I concocted a plan where my friend would pay for me to buy a new pair of cabinets and then I would keep the new cabinets he would get the old ones and all the NrT guts for himself. I was originally just going to go with Satin Black to match my speakers, but I figured I might as well see what my other options would be.

Anyway, I got my cabinets and finally got around to swapping my Sierra-2 guts into the new cabinets and thought I'd share. They are Satin White (same style as Satin Black... just white ):

Before:
Spoiler!

Old Cabinet (Chinese?):
Spoiler!

New Cabinet:
Spoiler!

SideBySide Empty:
Spoiler!

Finished:
Spoiler!

Anyway, I think the White cabinets look amazing. I actually bet they would sell better than many of the other options were they a standard finish.
Are these white cabinets the ones with the larger looking port on the back? Can you post a pic of the rear of the cabinet?
post #4767 of 5838 Old 03-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by telon175 View Post

Or would i just be better off getting a sound bar. I dont want to damage my hearing much more.
I have tinnitus as well and I have found the ribbons to be a great solution. I just upgraded my rear surrounds from the Ascend CBM170 to Sierra 2 and immediately noticed the differences... the S2 are more detailed and they don't bother my ears like the previous dome tweeters did.

I think you'd be extremely pleased with the S2+Horizon.

post #4768 of 5838 Old 03-21-2017, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi guys, can someone recommend In-Wall speakers that would go well with the Sierra Towers (w/RAAL) and Horizon Center (w/RAAL). My specific room doesn't allow for typical rear speakers, it's a great-room with an open area, they need to be "In-Ceiling" or in the back side walls positioned towards the MLP. Also I'll need 4 In-Ceiling speakers for Atmos.

Thanks in advance!
post #4769 of 5838 Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Quoted: 3945 Post(s)
Liked: 4836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibrok View Post
Hi guys, can someone recommend In-Wall speakers that would go well with the Sierra Towers (w/RAAL) and Horizon Center (w/RAAL). My specific room doesn't allow for typical rear speakers, it's a great-room with an open area, they need to be "In-Ceiling" or in the back side walls positioned towards the MLP. Also I'll need 4 In-Ceiling speakers for Atmos.

Thanks in advance!
The New Sierra Luna with front port would be your best choice. Dave mentioned over Ascend forum that you can place the Luna against the wall so I don't see any problem if you place it in-wall or even in-ceilling.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #4770 of 5838 Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
The New Sierra Luna with front port would be your best choice. Dave mentioned over Ascend forum that you can place the Luna against the wall so I don't see any problem if you place it in-wall or even in-ceilling.
Thanks for the advise. I left a message for Dina, hoping she'll reach out today. I placed my order yesterday for the towers and horizon. My first thought was to use something like the Def Tech UIW RSS III for the surrounds and the DI-8R's for the ceilings. I'll wait to hear back from Dave or Dina about the Luna though, if I could make them work I'd rather do that.

Last edited by Nibrok; 03-22-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics , Acoustics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page