The OFFICIAL Jamo Speaker Owner's thread! - Page 197 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #5881 of 5897 Old 02-10-2019, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 88
@watermanpc find a pair of old Wharfedale Sapphire SP87 or SP89 towers. It's been a while since I owned them, but I vaguely recollect them sounding similar to the C607 - good bass/midbass, but maybe not the most detailed.

Or, if you have a Wharfedale dealer near you, check out some of their current offerings. Something like the Diamond 11.5 or Diamond 250 with dual 8" drivers ought to produce decent bass.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're real." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Pete7874; 02-10-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5882 of 5897 Old 02-11-2019, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the advice pal, tbh, Im only interested at the moment in jamo stuff/sound as it seems to have the sound style im looking for (smooth/soft highs with fast powerful mid bass) wich I believe is ideal for the music genres I use to listen to (rock, pop,) so I will stick to that for now...however I might not be getting it as they no longer are available anywhere so I guess I will stay with my onkyo 3008+auna v9b+bk monolith...it sounds amazing but I think the jamos would really rock with the 3008...a man can dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7874 View Post
@watermanpc find a pair of old Wharfedale Sapphire SP87 or SP89 towers. It's been a while since I owned them, but I vaguely recollect them sounding similar to the C607 - good bass/midbass, but maybe not the most detailed.

Or, if you have a Wharfedale dealer near you, check out some of their current offerings. Something like the Diamond 11.5 or Diamond 250 with dual 8" drivers ought to produce decent bass.
post #5883 of 5897 Old 02-11-2019, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by watermanpc View Post
Thanks for the advice pal, tbh, Im only interested at the moment in jamo stuff/sound as it seems to have the sound style im looking for (smooth/soft highs with fast powerful mid bass) wich I believe is ideal for the music genres I use to listen to (rock, pop,) so I will stick to that for now...however I might not be getting it as they no longer are available anywhere so I guess I will stay with my onkyo 3008+auna v9b+bk monolith...it sounds amazing but I think the jamos would really rock with the 3008...a man can dream!
The "fast" bass you're referring to is probably the result of Jamo's centre-plug technology. I thought I've seen some other manufacturers use this design, but I don't recall which ones. Nice receiver, by the way!

Quote:
The Centre-Plug replaces the traditional dust cap, making the cone lighter and faster. This also prevents sonic break-up as well as pressure swings behind the dust cap as the cone moves, resulting in more dynamic and precise sound reproduction. The Centere-Plug cools the voice-coil, providing increased power-handling capability and stable sound reproduction, no matter how loud you play.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're real." - Abraham Lincoln

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5884 of 5897 Old 02-11-2019, 02:04 PM

I think it is more dependant of the size of the drivers (phase plugs sure have also an effect thought)...big drivers use to give "slow" deep bass while smaller (but more numerous) drivers give that sense of "fast" punchy mid-bass so needed for music...thanks for the kind words about the Onkyo 3008, yeah, it's a real beast!! , I think it would match perfectly with the 607's but sadly well, you know, if I can ever find ones ...

Another option I was thinking about is Jamo S608's but...mmmmm...that big driver in the side , and not very deep bass (40hz aprox) is not looking very good to me...also they are very different from the jamo's designs I have listened so Im afraid they are not what Im looking for...
post #5885 of 5897 Old 02-12-2019, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am using the Jamo A804 as center speaker, configured in large at the amp level.
I do have the fast mid bass effect that please me on music and voices.
Congratulation Jamo.

Alas my tower front speaker are from another brand and do not have this enjoyable sound.
May be one day I will have to buy a pair of Jamo towers.
post #5886 of 5897 Old 02-12-2019, 12:33 PM

We NEED so badly a comparison between c607 and c97!!...anyone please??
post #5887 of 5897 Old 02-13-2019, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 2
New speakers from Jamo are out.

C95 II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c95-ii

C97 II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c97-ii

C91 II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c91-ii

C93 II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c93-ii

C9 CEN II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c9cen-ii

C9 SUR II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c9sur-ii

Surround speakers finally in multiple color.

Still waiting for new subwoofers.
post #5888 of 5897 Old 02-13-2019, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Oooh - those 93 IIs are sharp. Now to wait for them to inexplicably drop to rock-bottom prices like the lines before them...

Joking of course, but only mostly.
post #5889 of 5897 Old 02-14-2019, 04:14 AM

, they look exactly the same as c97 line right??whats the point then?...apart from the color and the feet they seem to perform and look the same. I do insist, I would love if someone could compare c97 with c607. Do c97's have the Jamo's sound "signature"??, I mean, smooth, soft highs with very strong mids and deep low, ideal for listening to rock genres even in "pure audio" modes without the need of increasing bass using tone control??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SskylineE View Post
New speakers from Jamo are out.

C95 II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c95-ii

C97 II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c97-ii

C91 II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c91-ii

C93 II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c93-ii

C9 CEN II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c9cen-ii

C9 SUR II - https://www.jamo.com/products/c9sur-ii

Surround speakers finally in multiple color.

Still waiting for new subwoofers.
post #5890 of 5897 Old 02-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Could someone who has listened to both E855/875 and/or C605/607 give some impressions on how they compare please??...Im particulary interested in their hability to produce punchy and PLENTY of bass/mid bass but seems like the 855/605 have more bassy behavior than 875/607 after some comments I read here and there...also, seems like the old E855/875 had more bass than C605/607 respectively for the same reasons...would love to get some info about this.
post #5891 of 5897 Old 03-07-2019, 03:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by |-Goku-| View Post
Hey all. I recently purchased a Jamo S 810 subwoofer and it worked great for about a week, then it started doing a “heart beat” sound with no line plugged in. So, I got an exchange and the new one worked great for another week and it just started happening again. I am planning on returning this one as well, not sure what I will get now.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Had the same issue with the Jamo S 810 subwoofer that started doing a heart beat sound after about 5 weeks use. Still happens with no line in connected. My previous sub was an Accusound with no issues after 10 years use, so 5 weeks is a joke.
post #5892 of 5897 Old 03-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey guys brand new here happy to see so many jamo fans. I’ve just completed my Jamo theatre setup
C80 cen
C605 fronts
C6 surrounds
E800 rears
E600 x4 atmos
E5 sub.5 x 2 (front of the room)
Jamo 300 sub (back of the room)
J10 sub (front of the room)

Extremely happy with the sound and clarity and though it’s taken a lot of time to put it all together that was half the fun. Somehow these 4 subwoofers work very very well together.
post #5893 of 5897 Old 03-13-2019, 01:06 AM

Watermanpc there’s a guy selling a pair of c607’s here in Vancouver on Craigslist (also another pair of c605’s). I think I read you live in Europe but shopping isn’t impossible. I know I had to hunt for almost a year to find my c80 cen and finally had to ship one in from the states and it was the only one on the internet anywhere that I could find
post #5894 of 5897 Old 03-13-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermanpc View Post
I think it is more dependant of the size of the drivers (phase plugs sure have also an effect thought)...big drivers use to give "slow" deep bass while smaller (but more numerous) drivers give that sense of "fast" punchy mid-bass so needed for music...thanks for the kind words about the Onkyo 3008, yeah, it's a real beast!! , I think it would match perfectly with the 607's but sadly well, you know, if I can ever find ones ...

Another option I was thinking about is Jamo S608's but...mmmmm...that big driver in the side , and not very deep bass (40hz aprox) is not looking very good to me...also they are very different from the jamo's designs I have listened so Im afraid they are not what Im looking for...
Check out acoustic sound design !
post #5895 of 5897 Old 03-14-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton250 View Post
Watermanpc there’s a guy selling a pair of c607’s here in Vancouver on Craigslist (also another pair of c605’s). I think I read you live in Europe but shopping isn’t impossible. I know I had to hunt for almost a year to find my c80 cen and finally had to ship one in from the states and it was the only one on the internet anywhere that I could find
Glad you are enjoying your system!! ...could you please make a little review of htese c605??, Especial attention to the bass department would be greatly appreciated...how good, how MUCH?, etc. thanks pal. Also would love to know if you listened to the 607 too so you can give a comparsion between two models, again especial atention to bass delivery...

Also I would takea look to craiglist but shipping would be too much I guess...its just a matter of "hunting" as you said and wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammer427 View Post
Check out acoustic sound design !
Will take a look thanks!!
post #5896 of 5897 Old 03-21-2019, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 3
@Paxton250 or anyone else reallly...

Can you tell me about the E800's you have? I know you are using them as surrounds but have you ever listened to them as 2.0 or used them as L/R's? I ask because I literally just picked up today a pair of E800 and the E8CEN and the E8 Sub from someone locally. The three speakers and the sub cost me a total of $50 but I have never heard any Jamo speakers and I could only find one article on them from 2003. I haven't had a chance to listen to them but yet but I am excited to do so.

Anyone information or thoughts anyone has on them would be appreciated. Whatever happened to the E Series line anyways? I can't even find out anything about it really either.
post #5897 of 5897 Old 04-18-2019, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recently bought a house that has Jamo 600 and 800 series speakers in it. I think the LCR speakers are 806(?) IC FGs and the surrounds are 606 IC FGs (I haven't actually looked at the LCR speakers, but I know the surrounds are the 606s). I don't really have any beef with the speakers, but my bedroom is RIGHT ABOVE the room where the speakers are installed (in the ceiling), and the sound from the speakers bleeds directly in to my bedroom. I checked, and there is NO insulation between the floors. I figured I could put some Rockwool insulation up there, but I've heard that a lot of in ceiling speakers are infinite baffle speakers, and putting insulation behind them (or boxing them in) could cause a decrease in sound quality. So, is that the case with these speakers? I can't seem to find any information on their website.

Oh, one more thing...they have a switch for 4 or 8 ohm impedance. My receiver supports both, so, which should I set it to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Jamo , Jamo 7 W Center Speaker Black , Jamo A 804 Lcr Speaker , jamo c97 , Jamo Closed Subwoofer , jamo concert , Jamo D 500 Sur Lcr Speaker , Jamo S 426 Floorstanding Speaker , Jamo S 426 Hcs 3 Wenge 5 Piece Home Theater System Wenge , Jamo S 506 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo S 606 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo Sub 800 Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page