Martin Logan Owners Thread - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 268Likes

post #2341 of 2351 Old 08-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnner1999 View Post
For those who have motion 20 or 40s for fronts in a home theater application.

Is reflection from your TV annoying or it doesn’t occur?

I’m looking to buy some 40s but very concerned about distraction from light reflecting off them.
I’ve had no issues with reflections. I have them sitting approximately 6-8 inches in front of the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2351 Old 08-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNTee View Post
Martin Logan looks to be releasing a new version of the Motion XT family in a couple weeks! Doesn't look to be a huge change from the previews, probably just updating the looks of them. Seems like they are mixing the looks of the current XT family to the previous ML 10's and 12's.
Where did you find this info? Can you post a link?
post #2343 of 2351 Old 08-12-2019, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Martin Logan looks to be releasing a new version of the Motion XT family in a couple weeks! Doesn't look to be a huge change from the previews, probably just updating the looks of them. Seems like they are mixing the looks of the current XT family to the previous ML 10's and 12's.
As someone else has already asked, I, too, would like to know the source of this information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2344 of 2351 Old 08-13-2019, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplusplus View Post
As someone else has already asked, I, too, would like to know the source of this information.

Search for their Facebook page. You'll see a teaser image there.

5.1 Setup || Marantz SR-7012 & MM-7025 | Paradigm Prestige Series - 95Fs, 55C, 15Bs | Dynamo 700W | Sony XBR-65A1E | Panasonic UB-9000
Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV | Furman Elite 15-PFi | Logitech Harmony Elite | Samsung Smart Things Hub | Amazon Alexa Integration
post #2345 of 2351 Old 08-13-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Search for their Facebook page. You'll see a teaser image there.
I see! Well, using internet logic, once the newer speakers come out, the old ones will all of a sudden be terrible and need to be upgraded. I’ll be keeping an eye out for someone selling their old, terrible Motion 60XTs and 50XT. 😉
AVfile likes this.
post #2346 of 2351 Old 08-13-2019, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 6713 Post(s)
Liked: 7841
Quote:

I’ll be sure to check out their booth at Cedia and post photos and info on anything new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrMichael likes this.
post #2347 of 2351 Old 08-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I see! Well, using internet logic, once the newer speakers come out, the old ones will all of a sudden be terrible and need to be upgraded. I’ll be keeping an eye out for someone selling their old, terrible Motion 60XTs and 50XT. 😉
I might be that person
post #2348 of 2351 Old 08-13-2019, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 6713 Post(s)
Liked: 7841
Quote:
That won't be me. My Motion 40's and other 11 Motion speakers still sound excellent.
DrMichael likes this.
post #2349 of 2351 Old 08-14-2019, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Quote:
I might be that person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
That won't be me. My Motion 40's and other 11 Motion speakers still sound excellent.

I'm trading in my XT series for the Paradigm Prestige Series. Heard the difference between the two about 2 months back and was sold.

5.1 Setup || Marantz SR-7012 & MM-7025 | Paradigm Prestige Series - 95Fs, 55C, 15Bs | Dynamo 700W | Sony XBR-65A1E | Panasonic UB-9000
Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV | Furman Elite 15-PFi | Logitech Harmony Elite | Samsung Smart Things Hub | Amazon Alexa Integration
post #2350 of 2351 Old 08-16-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I see! Well, using internet logic, once the newer speakers come out, the old ones will all of a sudden be terrible and need to be upgraded. I’️ll be keeping an eye out for someone selling their old, terrible Motion 60XTs and 50XT. 😉
Quote:
I might be that person [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/redface.gif[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
That won't be me. My Motion 40's and other 11 Motion speakers still sound excellent. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

I'm trading in my XT series for the Paradigm Prestige Series. Heard the difference between the two about 2 months back and was sold.
Well if you’re serious, if you could kindly PM me when you put them up for sale so I can get a notification, I’d appreciate it. I’m not trying to skirt any rules or anything - just want the alert in my inbox. 🙂
DrMichael likes this.
post #2351 of 2351 Old 08-17-2019, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
They have not really shown much yet, but here's where I posted a thread about it outside of this ML-specific forum: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...st-2019-a.html

The barely anything preview - mostly shadows & outline - says the new models will premier September 4th at 4PM local time near Sacramento CA at the Best Buy ("Magnolia") showroom.

I have a pair of Motion 4i speakers for my rear surrounds and was leaning towards a pair of Motion 40s to replace my old Airmotiv B1 surrounds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ML new Motion speakers.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	2603976  

Last edited by Mike Ratledge; 08-17-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor 50 2 Way Floorstanding Speaker Single Cherry