Triad Owner's Thread - Page 266 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 901Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7951 of 9926 Old 04-18-2016, 09:09 AM
Newbie
 
ab325is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
If you stay 10db below reference at your listening position, you should be okay. That is still pretty loud.
That's probably plenty loud, but would I be better off with the Silver/6 LCR for the fronts?

Did some measuring yesterday and I only have 10 1/2" in the wall for the rear right so thinking I may need to go with the Bronze/4 Sat for the rears. Would that work?
ab325is is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7952 of 9926 Old 04-18-2016, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,604
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4893 Post(s)
Liked: 5261
As always "it depends" -- do you really need to play at reference levels or not? Would you feel bad if you didn't have the potential for that in your back pocket? Or will you realistically not be playing that loud, ever, and are OK with buying what you actually need?

The room isn't that large and honestly you'd be fine with Bronze LCR if you are never going to play above -10 (again, which is loud). The difference between Bronze and Silver is the SPL capability (6.5" woofers instead of 5.25" and larger cabinets).

One question I have is about your surrounds -- it looks like a 5.1 system but due to the open floorplan is it accurate that both surrounds will be directly behind the couch and fairly narrowly spaced? That is basically the location for back surrounds and the primary surrounds, ideally, should be spaced to the sides and slightly behind in a 5.1, not directly behind.

Looks like you're planning to use the dipole/bipole style InWall Bronze Surrounds? That's probably the best choice for that location, but is ceiling mounting an option? If so you could theoretically even do a full 7.1 system and get the side surrounds spread out a bit wider (using something like the InCeiling Bronze Sat with the angled baffle, spread wider to either side of the primary couch and firing across).

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #7953 of 9926 Old 04-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Newbie
 
ab325is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
As always "it depends" -- do you really need to play at reference levels or not? Would you feel bad if you didn't have the potential for that in your back pocket? Or will you realistically not be playing that loud, ever, and are OK with buying what you actually need?

The room isn't that large and honestly you'd be fine with Bronze LCR if you are never going to play above -10 (again, which is loud). The difference between Bronze and Silver is the SPL capability (6.5" woofers instead of 5.25" and larger cabinets).
I doubt that I will ever watch a movie at reference levels. I want stereo music to sound great and movies to sound good, which is why I was leaning towards the Gold/4 Omni SEs for the fronts (they were recommended as being a great option for music).

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
One question I have is about your surrounds -- it looks like a 5.1 system but due to the open floorplan is it accurate that both surrounds will be directly behind the couch and fairly narrowly spaced? That is basically the location for back surrounds and the primary surrounds, ideally, should be spaced to the sides and slightly behind in a 5.1, not directly behind.
That's correct. The only way for the right rear to get wider is to move up to 11-12ft high. I could go with the InCeiling option, but it's vaulted (so at an angle) and about 14-15ft high over the couch. Would that work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Looks like you're planning to use the dipole/bipole style InWall Bronze Surrounds? That's probably the best choice for that location, but is ceiling mounting an option? If so you could theoretically even do a full 7.1 system and get the side surrounds spread out a bit wider (using something like the InCeiling Bronze Sat with the angled baffle, spread wider to either side of the primary couch and firing across).
I don't want to spend the money for 7.1 at this time, but I'm running speaker wire in the ceiling for it.
ab325is is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7954 of 9926 Old 04-19-2016, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dawn Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 1,276
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 274
With music as an important factor, and the fact that you aren't interested in playing movies that loud, Gold Omni SEs would work for your application.
jjcook likes this.

________________________________________

[email protected]
Dawn Gordon is offline  
post #7955 of 9926 Old 04-19-2016, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
ShoutingMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoVA / One Loudoun
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I'm considering in-wall speakers for a home theater. I'm considering Triad. I'm used to in-room SVS MTS 5.1 (full size LR, center, and satellite rears). My "simple" question: how to Triad in-walls compare to the (since discontinued) SVS MTS line? In particular, what I love about the SVS line is they reach down to 80Hz and crossover wonderfully with the sub. There's no 'hole' in that lower-mid range that I hear in so many smaller speakers. Thanks
ShoutingMan is offline  
post #7956 of 9926 Old 04-19-2016, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,330
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan View Post
I'm considering in-wall speakers for a home theater. I'm considering Triad. I'm used to in-room SVS MTS 5.1 (full size LR, center, and satellite rears). My "simple" question: how to Triad in-walls compare to the (since discontinued) SVS MTS line? In particular, what I love about the SVS line is they reach down to 80Hz and crossover wonderfully with the sub. There's no 'hole' in that lower-mid range that I hear in so many smaller speakers. Thanks
No problem at all, as long as you choose one of the inwalls with the extension you desire.

All the specs on the web site, and Triad is quite honest about their specs.
ShoutingMan likes this.
nathan_h is offline  
post #7957 of 9926 Old 04-19-2016, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,715
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12687 Post(s)
Liked: 10317
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab325is View Post
That's probably plenty loud, but would I be better off with the Silver/6 LCR for the fronts?

Did some measuring yesterday and I only have 10 1/2" in the wall for the rear right so thinking I may need to go with the Bronze/4 Sat for the rears. Would that work?
Give us a call and we can discuss the options and pricing.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #7958 of 9926 Old 04-19-2016, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,715
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12687 Post(s)
Liked: 10317
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan View Post
I'm considering in-wall speakers for a home theater. I'm considering Triad. I'm used to in-room SVS MTS 5.1 (full size LR, center, and satellite rears). My "simple" question: how to Triad in-walls compare to the (since discontinued) SVS MTS line? In particular, what I love about the SVS line is they reach down to 80Hz and crossover wonderfully with the sub. There's no 'hole' in that lower-mid range that I hear in so many smaller speakers. Thanks
Much of the Triad line have an f3 of 80hz and pair with a sub very well, leaving no hole in the frequency response. If we can help you, give us a call. The Triad speakers also have enclosures, not open baffle.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #7959 of 9926 Old 04-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Member
 
Tristan944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Used Triad

I am buying them used off Craigslist. I called Triad and based upon the serial numbers, they are from around 2006. I am getting two Inroom Silver LCR's with stands and a Parasound 2125 amp for $450. Seller says everything is in perfect working condition.

Anything I should be concerned about?
Does that price seem okay?
Tristan944 is offline  
post #7960 of 9926 Old 04-26-2016, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,330
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post
I am buying them used off Craigslist. I called Triad and based upon the serial numbers, they are from around 2006. I am getting two Inroom Silver LCR's with stands and a Parasound 2125 amp for $450. Seller says everything is in perfect working condition.

Anything I should be concerned about?
Does that price seem okay?
That's an awesome deal. You are essentially committing highway robbery! Well, not quite, but $450 for a pair of used Silver LCR in fine shape is a decent deal on their own.

Do a listening test before handing over your money, putting your ear up to each of the three drivers etc.

That setup should make some sweet music once paired with a sub to handle the 80z and below range. (If you are not using a receiver with bass management, or an outboard crossover like a miniDSP, you'll want to make sure your sub can do bass management for you.)
nathan_h is offline  
post #7961 of 9926 Old 04-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Member
 
Tristan944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
That's an awesome deal. You are essentially committing highway robbery! Well, not quite, but $450 for a pair of used Silver LCR in fine shape is a decent deal on their own.

Do a listening test before handing over your money, putting your ear up to each of the three drivers etc.

That setup should make some sweet music once paired with a sub to handle the 80z and below range. (If you are not using a receiver with bass management, or an outboard crossover like a miniDSP, you'll want to make sure your sub can do bass management for you.)
Here are some pictures. Can you take a look and see if there is anything you notice that I should be concerned about?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00X0X_fvjBxSJEHe1_600x450.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1407082   Click image for larger version

Name:	00w0w_8XVlt97BuzS_600x450.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1407090   Click image for larger version

Name:	00E0E_4KSR5rN7qpj_600x450.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1407098   Click image for larger version

Name:	325.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1407106  
Tristan944 is offline  
post #7962 of 9926 Old 04-26-2016, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,330
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
If the condition looks fine to you, that's what matters. It's real hard to tell from the photos whether there are any issues.

With any speaker, I would NEVER buy it (new or used) without the option to hear it first or get a full refund if there is an audible problem.

But assuming it sounds fine, this is a very good deal you have found!
nathan_h is offline  
post #7963 of 9926 Old 04-26-2016, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,715
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12687 Post(s)
Liked: 10317
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post
Here are some pictures. Can you take a look and see if there is anything you notice that I should be concerned about?
Good deal.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #7964 of 9926 Old 04-26-2016, 11:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
ShoutingMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoVA / One Loudoun
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Another newb question: do Triads perform well (or rather, equally excellently) at low volume? Until I can get a demo, I'm googling triad reviews. One review from 2002 was positive, and yet it suggested Triads don't sound great until they're loud.
ShoutingMan is offline  
post #7965 of 9926 Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dawn Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 1,276
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 274
That hasn't been my experience. Triad speakers sound great at all listening levels.
ShoutingMan likes this.

________________________________________

[email protected]
Dawn Gordon is offline  
post #7966 of 9926 Old 04-27-2016, 07:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I love my Triad speakers at all levels, very happy with my purchase.
Admittedly, sound is a very subjective thing though.
jjcook and ShoutingMan like this.

Sony 75" Z9D - Tivo Bolt+ - Roku Ultra - OPPO UDP-203 - Apple TV 4K
Datasat LS10 (w/ DIRAC - Atmos - DTS-X) - Two Emotiva XPA-7's (2nd Gen)
Seven Triad InWall Silver LCR's & Four KEF Ci200RR-THX Atmos speakers - Two Deep Sea Sound Mariana 24" subs - Vicoustic room treatment
grtuck is offline  
post #7967 of 9926 Old 04-27-2016, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,604
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4893 Post(s)
Liked: 5261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post
I am buying them used off Craigslist. I called Triad and based upon the serial numbers, they are from around 2006. I am getting two Inroom Silver LCR's with stands and a Parasound 2125 amp for $450. Seller says everything is in perfect working condition.

Anything I should be concerned about?
Does that price seem okay?
It's a great deal and I'm mad because I've been eyeing that ad for weeks and wanted to get it, but I'm in San Diego and haven't had any opportunity to get up to LA and grab them. Would have been a cheap upgrade from my Bronze LCR's to Silvers (at least for two speakers). Especially with the stands... the amp alone is probably worth $250-300. JUMP ON IT

(and if you buy them and change your mind I'd be happy to take them off your hands!!)
nathan_h and 65Goat like this.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #7968 of 9926 Old 04-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Member
 
Tristan944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
It's a great deal and I'm mad because I've been eyeing that ad for weeks and wanted to get it, but I'm in San Diego and haven't had any opportunity to get up to LA and grab them. Would have been a cheap upgrade from my Bronze LCR's to Silvers (at least for two speakers). Especially with the stands... the amp alone is probably worth $250-300. JUMP ON IT

(and if you buy them and change your mind I'd be happy to take them off your hands!!)
I just picked them up. The seller ended up wanting to keep the amp so I bought the two Inroom Silver LCR's with stands at a further discount. I was able to listen to them briefly and they sound great. Can't wait to listen them at home. If they don't work out I'll let you know.
nathan_h likes this.
Tristan944 is offline  
post #7969 of 9926 Old 04-27-2016, 10:24 PM
Member
 
Tristan944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Regarding the used Inroom Silver LCR's I just bought, the seller said he bought them new about a year ago. When I called Triad, they said based upon the serial numbers, they are from around 2006. The serial numbers on them are 170xxx, and he said the current Triad serial numbers are approximately 340xxx, that's how he got the approximate age. But the seller really doesn't understand how they could be that old as he bought them new, allegedly.

Other than the serial number, is there anything else that can used to help determine the age of the speakers? Any physical characteristics? I'm just curious. I listened to them at home and they sound great!
Tristan944 is offline  
post #7970 of 9926 Old 04-27-2016, 11:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BllDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 2,106
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 479
He may have purchased them as new-old stock. If a reseller or CI had them left over from a job and sitting on shelf in a warehouse for 10 years, they are still technical in the box and new. Just really old.

Or, he was just trying to pull a fast on one you and didn't think someone would call up Triad with the serial.

Congrats, that's a heck of a deal.

-

Nothing in this world will tick you off more than seeing a vegetarian eating pudding.
BllDo is offline  
post #7971 of 9926 Old 04-28-2016, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,715
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12687 Post(s)
Liked: 10317
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan View Post
Another newb question: do Triads perform well (or rather, equally excellently) at low volume? Until I can get a demo, I'm googling triad reviews. One review from 2002 was positive, and yet it suggested Triads don't sound great until they're loud.
Not a problem at lower levels.
ShoutingMan likes this.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #7972 of 9926 Old 04-28-2016, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,715
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12687 Post(s)
Liked: 10317
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post
Regarding the used Inroom Silver LCR's I just bought, the seller said he bought them new about a year ago. When I called Triad, they said based upon the serial numbers, they are from around 2006. The serial numbers on them are 170xxx, and he said the current Triad serial numbers are approximately 340xxx, that's how he got the approximate age. But the seller really doesn't understand how they could be that old as he bought them new, allegedly.

Other than the serial number, is there anything else that can used to help determine the age of the speakers? Any physical characteristics? I'm just curious. I listened to them at home and they sound great!
Triad will be correct on the age. No if's ands or butts. Either he did not buy them new or a dealer had them on the shelf a long time. I really find it hard to believe a dealer had them on the shelf for 8 to 9 years.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #7973 of 9926 Old 04-28-2016, 11:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,604
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4893 Post(s)
Liked: 5261
I looked at the photos of this guy's stuff and he's full of shmmt if he says they're a year old. Besides the serial number (which is unequivocal) they are obviously the older generation. They have cloth grills not the newer metal Acoustimesh which makes them at least 8-9 years old or so.

I have Bronze LCR from 2010ish and they are the metal grill. I have a third as center that is 2005 or so and it has the same drivers but cloth grill like those Silvers.

And it's also obvious from the photo that they are the older Peerless woofers. That alone makes them no more recent than 2010 or so because Peerless went out of business and Triad had to redo the line with new drivers.
batpig is offline  
post #7974 of 9926 Old 04-28-2016, 11:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,330
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
I looked at the photos of this guy's stuff and he's full of shmmt if he says they're a year old. Besides the serial number (which is unequivocal) they are obviously the older generation. They have cloth grills not the newer metal Acoustimesh which makes them at least 8-9 years old or so.



I have Bronze LCR from 2010ish and they are the metal grill. I have a third as center that is 2005 or so and it has the same drivers but cloth grill like those Silvers.



And it's also obvious from the photo that they are the older Peerless woofers. That alone makes them no more recent than 2010 or so because Peerless went out of business and Triad had to redo the line with new drivers.


What is it about the drivers that gives them away? I thought the ones with flat edges were the newer ones?
nathan_h is offline  
post #7975 of 9926 Old 05-02-2016, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,604
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4893 Post(s)
Liked: 5261
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
What is it about the drivers that gives them away? I thought the ones with flat edges were the newer ones?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the older Peerless drivers has a flat (or slightly concave) dust cap in the center of the woofer, whereas the newer drivers have a convex dustcap.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #7976 of 9926 Old 05-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Member
 
voodoo1694's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a relatively small theater (19'x12') and have Gold LCR's as my fronts (found an insane deal on them locally). I've been told I should get bipole surrounds and am contemplating the silver or bronze's. Would the silvers be overkill for surrounds? Would I honestly notice an appreciable difference between the two? I'd rather save where I can, unless there's a very compelling reason to get the silvers. Thoughts anyone?
voodoo1694 is offline  
post #7977 of 9926 Old 05-03-2016, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,604
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4893 Post(s)
Liked: 5261
Everything I've read or been told is that there is no sound quality difference between Silver and Bronze, rather there is simply a room size / SPL capability distinction. They are the same design except the Silver uses larger drivers and larger cabinets so they can play a few dB louder.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #7978 of 9926 Old 05-04-2016, 01:30 AM
Member
 
voodoo1694's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you batpig, I appreciate it. That makes my decision a bit easier. In a small room (where I rarely listen at reference levels), I think the bronze's will do just fine.
voodoo1694 is offline  
post #7979 of 9926 Old 05-07-2016, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hatlesschimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,292
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 541

With my new house/theater build I decided to go a 130" AT screen with a baffle wall with speakers behind the screen. I was dead against this type of setup because I didnt want to loose length on my room but after chatting to a few people I think 3 to 4 seats in one row is going to be fine. So now just trying to work out what speakers suit me best for a baffled screen wall setup. I demoed the Krix SX range and loved the horn sound and big 10" drivers. I believe that Triad have similar speakers and may even be better and thought Id drop by and ask you all. Do you think my room big enough for these speakers? What speakers would you recomend? These speakers are for movies only. Thanks

Last edited by hatlesschimp; 05-07-2016 at 02:10 PM.
hatlesschimp is offline  
post #7980 of 9926 Old 05-07-2016, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,330
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Is that 17' by 14'?

What is your budget?

Gold LCR would be nice. Silver LCR might work fine.
nathan_h is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off