Triad Owner's Thread - Page 339 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1073Likes

post #10141 of 10205 Old 02-08-2020, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1406 Post(s)
Liked: 1691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
I would try moving the amp to a different location to see what happens. If this doesn't solve your issue, call your Triad dealer and have them send the RackAmp in for repair.
Another thing to try would be to switch the subwoofers connections and see if the problem stays with the amp or moves with the sub. If it moves with the sub, there could be a loose connection or short in the wiring of the sub.
Dawn Gordon likes this.

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10142 of 10205 Old 02-12-2020, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I originally asked our builders AV contractor to install two InWall Bronze 6 Subs in our great room, unfortunately I noticed it was changed to two InWall 4 Slim Subs on the sales order. Apparently this was done so they could add insulation behind them as the location is an exterior wall though the change was never discussed with me. I wanted either the InWall 6 or the InCeiling 10 as the low end appears to be 20hz vs 35hz on the 4 Slim.

Since the speakers are made/delivered I'm now looking at a restocking fee to switch, though no idea on the cost yet.

Is it worth switching for more low end?
post #10143 of 10205 Old 02-12-2020, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC View Post
I originally asked our builders AV contractor to install two InWall Bronze 6 Subs in our great room, unfortunately I noticed it was changed to two InWall 4 Slim Subs on the sales order. Apparently this was done so they could add insulation behind them as the location is an exterior wall though the change was never discussed with me. I wanted either the InWall 6 or the InCeiling 10 as the low end appears to be 20hz vs 35hz on the 4 Slim.

Since the speakers are made/delivered I'm now looking at a restocking fee to switch, though no idea on the cost yet.

Whoever changed it without your consent is the one who should eat the restocking fee.
tigerhonaker likes this.

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10144 of 10205 Old 02-12-2020, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4850 Post(s)
Liked: 2875
Quote:

I must concur with Craig. The contractor changed the order without your consent and so it is THEY who should be the ones footing the restocking fee, not you. Insist. If they're buggers about it, cancel the contract and look elsewhere. These issues start to add up to a possibility that their installation quality will reflect their current non professionalism.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 02-12-2020 at 04:20 PM.
post #10145 of 10205 Old 02-13-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I must concur with Craig. The contractor changed the order without your consent and so it is THEY who should be the ones footing the restocking fee, not you. Insist. If they're buggers about it, cancel the contract and look elsewhere. These issues start to add up to a possibility that their installation quality will reflect their current non professionalism.
Not sure if there will be a restocking fee yet, no updates since yesterday. The builder agrees I shouldn't be charged.

Good to see another Northern Colorado Triad User!
Dan Hitchman likes this.
post #10146 of 10205 Old 02-13-2020, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Your dealer needs to fix this and eat any cost associated with replacing the products.
Dan Hitchman likes this.

[email protected]
post #10147 of 10205 Old 02-13-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Not sure if there will be a restocking fee yet, no updates since yesterday. The builder agrees I shouldn't be charged.

Good to see another Northern Colorado Triad User!

Yeah, I'm loving my Triad Gold LCR's for the fronts. It's a start. I'm currently working at building at least a rec room theater in the basement and I'm chomping at the bit to really open these speakers up! They go well with the Monolith THX 15 sub I also have.
tigerhonaker likes this.

post #10148 of 10205 Old 02-13-2020, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Yeah, I'm loving my Triad Gold LCR's for the fronts. It's a start. I'm currently working at building at least a rec room theater in the basement and I'm chomping at the bit to really open these speakers up! They go well with the Monolith THX 15 sub I also have.
I must second the enthusiasm for Gold LCR's. I've helped several friends install Gold LCR's in their HT's, and they are fantastic! IMO, they're the best value in LCR speakers on the market. If I ever change out my Platinums, I will go with Gold LCR's. They're that good!

Craig
Dan Hitchman and A7mad78 like this.

Lombardi said it:
My System
post #10149 of 10205 Old 02-13-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
I must second the enthusiasm for Gold LCR's. I've helped several friends install Gold LCR's in their HT's, and they are fantastic! IMO, they're the best value in LCR speakers on the market. If I ever change out my Platinums, I will go with Gold LCR's. They're that good!

Craig
If I had the room (and the funds), I would gladly UPGRADE to the Platinums, but the Golds will suffice for now. They're a great bang for the buck in the Triad lineup.

post #10150 of 10205 Old 02-14-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Your dealer needs to fix this and eat any cost associated with replacing the products.
Does Triad have a return/restock policy? I can't seem to find any info on those policies
post #10151 of 10205 Old 02-14-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
What dealer do you typically work with?
post #10152 of 10205 Old 02-14-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
What dealer do you typically work with?

I bought my Triads from Dawn. She's great to work with.
Dawn Gordon and NickC like this.

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 02-14-2020 at 05:09 PM.
post #10153 of 10205 Old 02-15-2020, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Does Triad have a return/restock policy? I can't seem to find any info on those policies
Triad has adopted Control4's return/re-stock policy: once opened or installed you cannot return items, period. Also, due to the nature of Triad's customization, returns are problematic because customized speakers, i.e. color matched enclosures and grills, specific sizes etc, are not returnable.
tigerhonaker likes this.

[email protected]
post #10154 of 10205 Old 02-15-2020, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Triad has adopted Control4's return/re-stock policy: once opened or installed you cannot return items, period. Also, due to the nature of Triad's customization, returns are problematic because customized speakers, i.e. color matched enclosures and grills, specific sizes etc, are not returnable.
Hopefully, Nick's speakers fall in to the "unopened" and "uninstalled" categories. If so, can they be returned before they're opened? Is there a restocking fee in that situation?

Lombardi said it:
My System
post #10155 of 10205 Old 02-15-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks, the're not installed as the house hasn't been framed, there we're no custom color options for the enclosures or grills (I assume they're white), and I believe the dealer said they aren't opened.

Now it comes down to the restocking fee.

Still haven't received an update from the dealer, which seems odd to me, but worst case scenario I move them to the office and create a 2 channel music setup with some bronze in walls.
post #10156 of 10205 Old 02-15-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Thanks, the're not installed as the house hasn't been framed, there we're no custom color options for the enclosures or grills (I assume they're white), and I believe the dealer said they aren't opened.

Now it comes down to the restocking fee.

Still haven't received an update from the dealer, which seems odd to me, but worst case scenario I move them to the office and create a 2 channel music setup with some bronze in walls.

You shouldn't have to do that. They should be taking care of you. Seems like they're not, so far anyway.

post #10157 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
You shouldn't have to do that. They should be taking care of you. Seems like they're not, so far anyway.
Agreed, I'll know more next week and I'll pull the builder in if needed, not sure why it's taking so long to get an answer though.
post #10158 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

There are more stipulations for Control4 returns, even with unopened or non custom merchandise. Not sure if I should get into that here.

[email protected]
post #10159 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1102 Post(s)
Liked: 569
How long have you had the speakers?

Often if a dealer offers an aggressive discount you can’t return an item.

If an item was not in stock and was ordered specifically for a customer that will affect returns.

That is why it is critical to establish the correct configuration and terms before payment.

The package offered is also an important consideration. Say the total contract was $50,000 that makes returning a $500 speaker a non issue.

Mike Miles
[email protected]
post #10160 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
How long have you had the speakers?

Often if a dealer offers an aggressive discount you can’t return an item.

If an item was not in stock and was ordered specifically for a customer that will affect returns.

That is why it is critical to establish the correct configuration and terms before payment.

The package offered is also an important consideration. Say the total contract was $50,000 that makes returning a $500 speaker a non issue.
I don't have the speakers, the dealer claims they have them unopened.

I specifically stated the product I wanted and it was listed on the first sales order (Not Signed) as "in-wall bronze 6 sub", the dealer then changed the product on the final sales order (Signed) and I missed it as it was listed as "in-wall Dual Sub with Amp (BSIW-BDL4)" instead of the product name. The dealer never consulted me on the change, I also asked them if the sub would work in that location and they responded with we "figured out these subs will in fact work and are OK to be installed on those exterior walls".
post #10161 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 894
Exclamation

Quote:
There are more stipulations for Control4 returns, even with unopened or non custom merchandise. Not sure if I should get into that here.
Dawn Gordon,

I'm glad I went the extra mile on my Triad System Project as it seems things might have changed a bit with Control4 versus just Triad.

Terry
post #10162 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Is it basically impossible to return/exchange unopened/non-custom merchandise with Control4?
post #10163 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

No, it's possible. Just not super easy. I just returned (4) Distributed Audio Speakers for a local client that didn't end up using them.

[email protected]
post #10164 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
No, it's possible. Just not super easy. I just returned (4) Distributed Audio Speakers for a local client that didn't end up using them.

Control4 needs to be a bit more customer friendly or that's going to hurt them in the end.
tigerhonaker likes this.

post #10165 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Things will change for the better once the Snap AV Merger really gets underway this June.
Dan Hitchman likes this.

[email protected]
post #10166 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey Guys,

Putting together some speaker packages for a planned 7.X.6 dedicated home theater.

An advice on dealers to get quotes from for Triad related packages?

Thanks!

B&W CT700 Series Speakers, (2) PowerSound Audio XS30s
HTPC running Emby, 12TB Server for storage
post #10167 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleycol View Post
Hey Guys,

Putting together some speaker packages for a planned 7.X.6 dedicated home theater.

An advice on dealers to get quotes from for Triad related packages?

Thanks!

Careful with a 7.1.6 layout. Some Atmos tracks are encoded in a "wonky" fashion where either the Top Middles only get overhead audio or the Top Front and Top Rear, but not the Top Middles. It's recommended to either go with four overheads or move up to eight with the correct processor due to the behavior of objects in said Atmos tracks.

You also want a processor that will be upgradeable to DTS: X Pro.
tigerhonaker likes this.

post #10168 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Careful with a 7.1.6 layout. Some Atmos tracks are encoded in a "wonky" fashion where either the Top Middles only get overhead audio or the Top Front and Top Rear, but not the Top Middles. It's recommended to either go with four overheads or move up to eight with the correct processor.

You also want a processor that will be upgradeable to DTS: X Pro.
Great advice...need to do more research...

I am leaning toward the Monoprice HTP-1..

B&W CT700 Series Speakers, (2) PowerSound Audio XS30s
HTPC running Emby, 12TB Server for storage
post #10169 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleycol View Post
Great advice...need to do more research...

I am leaning toward the Monoprice HTP-1..

I was looking at it too, but I'm waiting to see how some of its initial quirks get ironed out. It's at least better than the Emotiva products, which have been nothing but issue after issue after issue.

You will still have the Atmos six overhead speaker issue with the HTP-1. It's not on the processor, but the way certain Atmos tracks are encoded. Disney, in particular, is notorious for screwing up their Atmos tracks.

post #10170 of 10205 Old 02-16-2020, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 3197 Post(s)
Liked: 3006
The new Triad website really needs help. First of all, the Triad speaker portion of the site is buried at the bottom of the selections. Second, once you click on it, you get a single page of marketing and nothing else. How is anyone supposed to peruse the options? Created to order? Does that mean they no longer have any standard products? How would anyone know that they have free-standing slim subs, for instance? If you can't look at the available speakers (whether already in stock or created to order), you lose the ability to brainstorm solutions while browsing the web (or refer someone on this site to a product that may meet their needs). Not everybody wants or needs their hand held by a dealer, trusting blindly whatever they suggest, without knowing anything about the range of products available. Unless, of course, their goal is to keep the customer in the dark as much as possible? P. T. Barnum is the patron saint of that approach.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by RayGuy; 02-16-2020 at 11:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page