Totem Acoustic Owner's Thread - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 216Likes

post #1801 of 1834 Old 07-06-2019, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2826 Post(s)
Liked: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROHM View Post
I wish I could go with towers but I'm afraid the wife won't go for those. She's ok with the on wall and in ceiling setup I've currently got. I've attached a pic of the tv wall below for reference.

Unfortunately where we live (south Texas) there isn't a Totem dealer nearby, I think the closest is about 3 hours away. I'd really like to compare the Tribe III vs the V as a center. I do agree with you, I figure the V might be a good center channel with the III's as L & R since it'll handle most of the sound when watching movies/tv.

Thanks for the help!
Gotcha!

So, my only concern with the V as center (based on the photo) is that it might be too long and interfere with the power outlet below the TV. How deep is the mantle? It looks deep enough, but just take some measurements and make sure you'll comfortably clear that plug. The III would still be a great center if you choose to go that route, but call that dealer - if they have the III and V, it might be worth a trip to check them out. That is a long trip, but these are expensive speakers, and you don't want to be second-guessing yourself on your decision. Take the missus, make a nice day trip out of it.

Performance aside, I also think aesthetically it is a great choice - it is an impressive-looking speaker, especially in person - and I think it fills out the overall framing of the TV better. The proportions of the longer speaker under the long edge of the TV contrasted with with the shorter speakers at the sides - I think it provides a great balance. That's just me though, but food for thought!

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1834 Old 07-06-2019, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Ok I can totally see why she would not want you to go with towers specially with the way the room is setup, although the Tribe Towere are very tiny I do not think they would integrate very well in your room, Agreed the Tribe V can totally work as your center. What is the height of the TV?

Maybe you coud use the V as L and R also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
Gotcha!

So, my only concern with the V as center (based on the photo) is that it might be too long and interfere with the power outlet below the TV. How deep is the mantle? It looks deep enough, but just take some measurements and make sure you'll comfortably clear that plug. The III would still be a great center if you choose to go that route, but call that dealer - if they have the III and V, it might be worth a trip to check them out. That is a long trip, but these are expensive speakers, and you don't want to be second-guessing yourself on your decision. Take the missus, make a nice day trip out of it.

Performance aside, I also think aesthetically it is a great choice - it is an impressive-looking speaker, especially in person - and I think it fills out the overall framing of the TV better. The proportions of the longer speaker under the long edge of the TV contrasted with with the shorter speakers at the sides - I think it provides a great balance. That's just me though, but food for thought!

Thanks for all the great suggestions folks.

To answer a few questions, the mantle is 14” deep so the V should fit on there as a center without any issues. The TV is a 77” LG, it’s 67.8” wide and 39” high.

The V’s would work as L & R too but I might get into trouble since they’d be 9” longer than the TV. Maybe if I wait a couple years there will be a TV tall enough to match up with those speakers

Before I bite the bullet I’m definitely going to visit a dealer and check them out in person.

Thanks again!
post #1803 of 1834 Old 07-06-2019, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:

To answer a few questions, the mantle is 14” deep so the V should fit on there as a center without any issues. The TV is a 77” LG, it’s 67.8” wide and 39” high.

The V’s would work as L & R too but I might get into trouble since they’d be 9” longer than the TV. Maybe if I wait a couple years there will be a TV tall enough to match up with those speakers

Before I bite the bullet I’m definitely going to visit a dealer and check them out in person.

Thanks again!

Ok I see o would do Tribe III also in that case, best of luck and as you will discover how impressive that Torrent driver is for a tiny 4 inch driver.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1804 of 1834 Old 07-06-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks again!

Excellent! I figured the mantle was much deeper than it looked. Tribe V would look great there. I'd stick with the IIIs for L/R then, they'll frame the TV very nicely IMHO. Do keep us posted!
BigAl87 likes this.

Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #1805 of 1834 Old 07-07-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Excellent! I figured the mantle was much deeper than it looked. Tribe V would look great there. I'd stick with the IIIs for L/R then, they'll frame the TV very nicely IMHO. Do keep us posted!
Found out the closest dealer isn’t open on weekends :/. That will make it tough to do any demos. However, I figure the Tribe IIIs and V are the best choice for my current setup. I found a pair of the IIIs online at a good price, they should arrive in a week or so

Also thought I might replace the height speakers with some IC62s to have the whole HT setup with Totems.

Was starting to get concerned that the Marantz would have a harder time pushing all the newer/better speakers. I haven’t had a separate amp in years so I thought I’d start simple. I ordered a 5 channel Outlaw 5000 to power LCR. Once that’s set up the SR6011 will just handle the overhead surrounds and height speakers. I currently have a low end stereo receiver for a couple zone 2 speakers. Those speakers will go into the Outlaw too and I’ll get rid of the stereo receiver.

Looking forward to getting the system up and running. Thanks again for all the advice!
BigAl87 and Jonas2 like this.
post #1806 of 1834 Old 07-07-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Found out the closest dealer isn’t open on weekends :/. That will make it tough to do any demos. However, I figure the Tribe IIIs and V are the best choice for my current setup. I found a pair of the IIIs online at a good price, they should arrive in a week or so

Also thought I might replace the height speakers with some IC62s to have the whole HT setup with Totems.

Was starting to get concerned that the Marantz would have a harder time pushing all the newer/better speakers. I haven’t had a separate amp in years so I thought I’d start simple. I ordered a 5 channel Outlaw 5000 to power LCR. Once that’s set up the SR6011 will just handle the overhead surrounds and height speakers. I currently have a low end stereo receiver for a couple zone 2 speakers. Those speakers will go into the Outlaw too and I’ll get rid of the stereo receiver.

Looking forward to getting the system up and running. Thanks again for all the advice!

Excellent! Look forward to hearing back from you on how it all comes together! Yeah, the IIIs are 4-ohm speakers. The V is at least an 8 Ohm. They just might give that Marantz a good work out (though I bet it could it)! Not a bad idea to let an amp do the heavy lifting, let the receiver breathe a bit easier.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #1807 of 1834 Old 07-07-2019, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 3395 Post(s)
Liked: 1877
Quote:

Now there's a dealer with their head in their butt. My dealer is closed Mondays, and on a holiday weekend like this, they give PLENTY of notice on their website and Facebook page of what the schedule will be. They also make it clear that if you have a need for an appointment outside of their normal Tues-Fri 10AM to 7PM, Sat 10AM to 5PM, Sun 12 noon to 5PM hours, they'll do their best to work things out so you can get a demo, and take something home to try.

It seems you've already got confidence of the setup you have in mind being right, and I'd agree it seems correct. Best of luck to you!

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
post #1808 of 1834 Old 07-16-2019, 08:09 AM

I received the amp and the Tribe III’s. The amp was hooked up first to the ML’s and it made a bit of an improvement to their sound. Then I swapped out the ML’s with the Tribe’s – wow. The sound out of the Totems is so much better. It’s like night and day. Couldn’t be happier with those speakers.

I’m still waiting to get the V for the center channel. Really looking forward to completing the LCR setup.

I’m starting to debate about replacing the in-ceiling surrounds and height speakers with the KIN’s. The ones up there now still sound pretty good for movies/tv and I don’t really use the multi-channel stereo for music now that the III’s are set up. I’ll probably wait until I get the V and then decide about the surrounds and height speakers.
BigAl87, Jonas2 and KenM10759 like this.
post #1809 of 1834 Old 07-16-2019, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I received the amp and the Tribe III’s. The amp was hooked up first to the ML’s and it made a bit of an improvement to their sound. Then I swapped out the ML’s with the Tribe’s – wow. The sound out of the Totems is so much better. It’s like night and day. Couldn’t be happier with those speakers.

I’m still waiting to get the V for the center channel. Really looking forward to completing the LCR setup.

I’m starting to debate about replacing the in-ceiling surrounds and height speakers with the KIN’s. The ones up there now still sound pretty good for movies/tv and I don’t really use the multi-channel stereo for music now that the III’s are set up. I’ll probably wait until I get the V and then decide about the surrounds and height speakers.

Excellent! Glad you like them. That is going to sound awesome with that V center. I'm jealous! Good idea I think to what for the V center and then assess the others at that time.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #1810 of 1834 Old 07-16-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Excellent! Glad you like them. That is going to sound awesome with that V center. I'm jealous! Good idea I think to what for the V center and then assess the others at that time.

Agreed with you Jonas Tribe V as center would be amazing and Kin in ceiling is a great consideration but i am sure it will be eating the OP from the inside after hearing the Totems
Jonas2 likes this.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
post #1811 of 1834 Old 08-02-2019, 08:24 AM

Finally received the Tribe V a couple days ago. I set it up as the center channel and wall mounted the III’s. They look and sound great. It’s a huge upgrade from the ML’s.

Unfortunately the Marantz had the rear surround channels crap out, again. Second time in two years. I’ll probably be replacing that next with something more reliable, most likely a Yamaha. Without the rear surrounds, I can’t really evaluate the whole surround sound setup so it’ll be a while before I decide on the in-ceiling speakers.

Thanks for all the great advice, it’s been very helpful with upgrading the system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6820 (1).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	2597542  
post #1812 of 1834 Old 08-02-2019, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Finally received the Tribe V a couple days ago. I set it up as the center channel and wall mounted the III’s. They look and sound great. It’s a huge upgrade from the ML’s.

Unfortunately the Marantz had the rear surround channels crap out, again. Second time in two years. I’ll probably be replacing that next with something more reliable, most likely a Yamaha. Without the rear surrounds, I can’t really evaluate the whole surround sound setup so it’ll be a while before I decide on the in-ceiling speakers.

Thanks for all the great advice, it’s been very helpful with upgrading the system.

Looking really good ROHM, you might want to look into Anthem also, less bells and whistle but quite reliable and great sound with great room correction.
Jonas2 and KenM10759 like this.

post #1813 of 1834 Old 08-03-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

They frame the display very nicely! Is your wife happy with the way it turned out? Seriously a great combo of L/C/R.

Quote:
Looking really good ROHM, you might want to look into Anthem also, less bells and whistle but quite reliable and great sound with great room correction.

Second this!

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #1814 of 1834 Old 08-04-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
They frame the display very nicely! Is your wife happy with the way it turned out? Seriously a great combo of L/C/R.

Second this!
Thanks! The wife hasn’t complained one bit, it doesn’t appear that different than the previous setup. She does like the improved sound for both music and movies.

Been checking out the Anthems too, the specs look pretty good. Thanks for the advice!
RayGuy, BigAl87 and Jonas2 like this.
post #1815 of 1834 Old 09-04-2019, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Thinking of finally pulling the trigger on my HT setup, here's what I'm thinking so far.

5.2.4 Atmos
L/C/R: Tribe In-Wall
Rear Surround: Kin Side/Center
Atmos Height: (4) Kin IC82
Subs: ???

What are most of you running as subs for your Totem HT setups? I'm sure I will listen to some music as well (Tidal/Qobuz) but will be mostly DirecTV, UHD BDs, and streaming. Planning on pairing the speakers with a Marantz SR7013 unless you guys have a different recommendation. Room is roughly 17x17, seating against the back wall. It is connected to the library via a spiral staircase (not the best choice, but it's what happened), so finding subs that don't necessarily carry their sound throughout the entire house might be nice.
post #1816 of 1834 Old 09-04-2019, 08:55 AM

Sorry for the double-post, can't seem to edit my previous one.

Here's the layout with proposed locations. Based on the atmos guide, I'm not sure if I should be mounting the surround speakers on the back wall or the side wall.

Also, the reason the height speakers are where they are is because the ceiling is pitched, with peak in the middle vertically. I can try to get some better pictures later in the week.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2019-09-04 Loft Atmos WIP.png
Views:	10
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2610982  
post #1817 of 1834 Old 09-04-2019, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishDevil View Post
Thinking of finally pulling the trigger on my HT setup, here's what I'm thinking so far.

5.2.4 Atmos
L/C/R: Tribe In-Wall
Rear Surround: Kin Side/Center
Atmos Height: (4) Kin IC82
Subs: ???

What are most of you running as subs for your Totem HT setups? I'm sure I will listen to some music as well (Tidal/Qobuz) but will be mostly DirecTV, UHD BDs, and streaming. Planning on pairing the speakers with a Marantz SR7013 unless you guys have a different recommendation. Room is roughly 17x17, seating against the back wall. It is connected to the library via a spiral staircase (not the best choice, but it's what happened), so finding subs that don't necessarily carry their sound throughout the entire house might be nice.

Running a single JL F-113 V1 , up to you what you want to run as subs if you want them to have a small footprint and get decent low end you can do a dual Tribe Sub, A single external Amp can drive 2 of them so you buy a kit with additional module. Paradigm makes great subs, SVS sealed box Subs are quite outstanding. Even if a lot of people will say Ported sub for HT, I prefer sealed subs. Just more linear all together. I know some will argue with low end extension for HT. I like the SVS SB-4000

Last edited by BigAl87; 09-04-2019 at 09:16 AM.
post #1818 of 1834 Old 09-04-2019, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry for the double-post, can't seem to edit my previous one.

Here's the layout with proposed locations. Based on the atmos guide, I'm not sure if I should be mounting the surround speakers on the back wall or the side wall.

Also, the reason the height speakers are where they are is because the ceiling is pitched, with peak in the middle vertically. I can try to get some better pictures later in the week.

Will your couch be directly againts the wall as this would not be ideal placement if you could move the couch away from the wall you could mount them on the side wall just slightly behind you but that would give some reflection on the back wall and if you mount on back wall them I would still move the couch away from the wall to maximize dispersion to the listener.

Not always easy, What I did for my part I used bookshelf speakers as my surrounds mounted on the back wall but angled down towards the center at the listeners positions, that gave me great results.

it is relatively easy to wall mount them, I am now using Sky as my surrounds.

post #1819 of 1834 Old 09-04-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Running a single JL F-113 V1 , up to you what you want to run as subs if you want them to have a small footprint and get decent low end you can do a dual Tribe Sub, A single external Amp can drive 2 of them so you buy a kit with additional module. Paradigm makes great subs, SVS sealed box Subs are quite outstanding. Even if a lot of people will say Ported sub for HT, I prefer sealed subs. Just more linear all together. I know some will argue with low end extension for HT. I like the SVS SB-4000
I don't mind a larger footprint, should have 2-3' on either side of the couch. I've had several recommendations for SVS SB subs. I'l look into Paradigm and JL Audio, thanks.

Quote:
Will your couch be directly againts the wall as this would not be ideal placement if you could move the couch away from the wall you could mount them on the side wall just slightly behind you but that would give some reflection on the back wall and if you mount on back wall them I would still move the couch away from the wall to maximize dispersion to the listener.

Not always easy, What I did for my part I used bookshelf speakers as my surrounds mounted on the back wall but angled down towards the center at the listeners positions, that gave me great results.

it is relatively easy to wall mount them, I am now using Sky as my surrounds.
Unfortunately, yes I think it will be. Even a shallow console table would push almost any couch within the walking path to the door. I will see if I can convince the wife to wall-mount speakers, but I'm afraid she's fairly set on in-walls. In-room subs were a bit of a stretch for her.
post #1820 of 1834 Old 09-04-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I don't mind a larger footprint, should have 2-3' on either side of the couch. I've had several recommendations for SVS SB subs. I'l look into Paradigm and JL Audio, thanks.

Unfortunately, yes I think it will be. Even a shallow console table would push almost any couch within the walking path to the door. I will see if I can convince the wife to wall-mount speakers, but I'm afraid she's fairly set on in-walls. In-room subs were a bit of a stretch for her.
In wall subs can work out if the studs allow space for them. I currently have 2 Monitor Audio IWS10s in walls powered by an IWA250. One is in the front left and the other is in the back right. It worked out really well for my room, although I'm sure you could find better subs, just depends on your budget and space.

If you end up getting the Tribe in walls and IC82s, please share your thoughts on how they sound. I'm still considering replacing my in-ceiling rear surrounds and height speakers with the IC82s. I'm also thinking about replacing the in-ceiling side surrounds with the Tribe in walls. I'll just need to get the wife's approval to start tearing up the walls and ceiling again...
post #1821 of 1834 Old 09-04-2019, 04:22 PM

I will be sure to let you know. I purchased pairs of IC82s for many of my other rooms for music, and have been pretty sold on the Tribe In Walls due to their praise on this forum and elsewhere. I've really only heard the Signature Ones, Tribe IIIs, and a pair of Tribe Towers that were not nearly broken in enough yet, so I don't have too much experience with what I actually chose yet.

I got the OK for in-room subs here, so I would like to take advantage of that if possible for a little better bang for the buck. We did some in-ceiling subs for our outdoor patio (5 Monitor CP-WT380IDCs and 2 Sunfire HRS-IW8s in a 5.2 config).
ROHM likes this.
post #1822 of 1834 Old 09-04-2019, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

For the Sub the SVS is possibly the Best bang for the buck, The Prestige Series from Paradigm is outstanding, the JL F113 V2 is just pure joy

I would say mount them on the back wall in that case if you go in wall as surrounds need to be slightly behind you, since the couch would be against the wall the best option is install the inwall on to the back wall.

Last edited by BigAl87; 09-04-2019 at 07:41 PM.
post #1823 of 1834 Old 09-11-2019, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I'm running a pair of SVS SB13Us. This model was replaced by the 4000. I'm very happy with these units. And SVS has outstanding support if you ever need it. I also like JLs, but they are expensive comparatively when you get into the Fathoms. But they really are works of art. The SVS is more pedestrian I'd say, but they do the job just fine. Other bang for your buck subs would include HSU and Rhythmik for sure, and PSA is worth checking too.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #1824 of 1834 Old 09-17-2019, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Just looked at the Totem website for the first time in a while. Looks like the Kin Mini line is gone and now there is a Kin Monitor speaker. Googled it but can't find any info. Have any of you seen this?
BigAl87 likes this.
post #1825 of 1834 Old 09-17-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 3395 Post(s)
Liked: 1877
I've always appreciated just how good Totem is at getting deep bass out of the smallest boxes. I really can't afford nor do I need any new speakers, but did have a need for a compact sub to fit in a tight space under my workbench at my job. I work in an R&D machine shop and it's just me and 2 other guys, both of whom come in earlier and leave before me. That gives me time to enjoy music while programming machines or handling documentation that goes with the territory of medical device R&D. I picked up a pair of KEF Egg powered speakers, and they're terrific for what I needed but sorely lacking bass.

Knowing how good the Totem Kin and Kin Mini subwoofers are and that they fit in the 10" deep space behind the foot brace of the workbench, I went looking for a used one. That space is tall, 34" wide, open above a 24" tall wall. I could not find an affordable used one, in fact the only used ones I could find were in Canada. I did find a Dreamcatcher sub on eBay, cheap. The seller referred to a buzzing noise but I figured I could ignore it, get a new amp, or get it fixed. Turns out I couldn't ignore it. Ugh. Totem says "discontinued, no parts available." A friend who repairs pro audio gear (warranty for Marshall, Mesa-Boogie, Roland, etc) agreed to try. With no schematic of the DSP, he couldn't.

No amp I could find fit the 6" x 6-1/2" place on the sub. Even the close-size ones were well under the 200w rating of the failed Bash amp. I capitulated and went with the Dayton Audio SPA250DSP plate amp as I have one on another (M&K V-90) sub and it's incredible, just $179.99 with free shipping. Added the matching frame box for $32.80. I had put a plate of the same over the back but below the twin ports. That meant the plate amp now hung below the bottom of the sub's cabinet. I had my son build a 3-1/2" riser out of 1/2" MDF, and it's now all dialed-in perfect. I'm still in for under the cost of a used Kin or Kin Mini with a total of $306.80, so not unhappy. And man, does this sub kick ass for it's size! I now have people from all over the facility (over 600 people there) coming to hear this, and all are shocked. I'm just smitten.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dreamcather_front_re-amp.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	2616730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dreamcatcher_back_re-amp.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	2616732  

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
post #1826 of 1834 Old 09-17-2019, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctors11 View Post
Just looked at the Totem website for the first time in a while. Looks like the Kin Mini line is gone and now there is a Kin Monitor speaker. Googled it but can't find any info. Have any of you seen this?
Thanks doctors, this is news to me

Indeed they released a monitor and removed the mini from the lineup but it has more low end extension at 65 hz.

https://totemacoustic.com/product/kin-monitor/

They also released the Skylight to fill the gap down below left by the Dreamcatcher and Mites being gone looks like they filled it with the Kin monitor and the Skylight.
Seems the Skylight retails at 1k usd

https://totemacoustic.com/product/skylight/

They might also came uop with some nice lifestyle soundbars

https://totemacoustic.com/product-ca...s/solutionbar/

Last edited by BigAl87; 09-17-2019 at 05:55 PM.
post #1827 of 1834 Old 09-17-2019, 10:41 PM

I'm going to wager that the Kin Monitor + Kin Amp = Kin Play. I think they took the components from the Kin Play and split them out so people could get one or the other.

Link to the Kin Amp.

Pretty interesting stuff!
post #1828 of 1834 Old 09-18-2019, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hover over the menu, top left of their home page. Drop down menu, all the way to the right under support, last item...Kin Store...

So they're still selling these? If the Monitor is replacing the Kin Mini, now the Kin Flex as a center won't match perfectly with the Monitors?... Different tweeters?
post #1829 of 1834 Old 09-18-2019, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm going to wager that the Kin Monitor + Kin Amp = Kin Play. I think they took the components from the Kin Play and split them out so people could get one or the other.

Link to the Kin Amp.

Pretty interesting stuff!

No they do not have the specs in frequency response are different, the Kin Monitor are smaller than the Kin Play.

post #1830 of 1834 Old 09-18-2019, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctors11 View Post
Hover over the menu, top left of their home page. Drop down menu, all the way to the right under support, last item...Kin Store...

So they're still selling these? If the Monitor is replacing the Kin Mini, now the Kin Flex as a center won't match perfectly with the Monitors?... Different tweeters?

No the KIn Flex will totally work with them, Do not worry about Totem does Things differently.

It's not a question of driver matching. I have seen manufacturer do the driver Matching and yet again not everything worked in Synergy. Everythong will be matched in Phase I used a Tribe III with Fires and Fantastic no problem.

I had several discussions with Vince and his son, there is a few videos also a bout Vince talking about voice matching center to L/R. Skylight will work in Synergy With Sky F and Sky B, you could use it as center too even with 25mm tweeter vs 33mm on the other 2.

Ember back worked with Elements with a 3/4" soft dome vs ohers with 1" mm metal dome tweeter such as the one found on the Fire.
doctors11 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics Cmt 340 Se Center , totem acoustic tribe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page