Totem Acoustic Owner's Thread - Page 65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 274Likes

post #1921 of 1952 Old 05-15-2020, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3580 Post(s)
Liked: 3397
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
We're trying to get things off the mantle. And I'm trying to position the speakers better for stereo effects. The Kin wouldn't work for those reasons as well.
Well, if you can't mount anything to the wall and you can't put anything on the mantle, then that leaves headphones as your only choice.

That said, perhaps you were on to something with your earlier comment suggesting that the speakers should be mounted to the TV itself. I would submit that you could use this sort of attachment, but have the speakers weight sitting on the mantle. This would allow the bracket to solve the "disaster" problem, should somebody brush against the speaker sitting vertically on the mantle.

EDIT: I see that the Tribe has a side vent, so you would have to rig some sort of stand to hold the speaker off the mantle (yet still hold it's weight), without covering the port ... meh. Get the Trio ... put your nick-knacks elsewhere.

Pics of the front of the room would be helpful in brainstorming other options ...

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by RayGuy; 05-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1952 Old 05-18-2020, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Apologies in advance if I'm asking something that has already been answered, couldn't find more recent answers/reviews.

Looking at in-wall LCRs, and seems the B&W CWM7.3 s2 is similarly priced to the Totem Tribe in-walls. Does anyone have any experience with the sound of the in-wall B&W vs the in-wall Tribes?

For reference, I'm redoing my dedicated theater system upstairs from some old Klipsch stuff that I'm not happy with. Recently re-did the living room sound system with Monitor Audio Gold towers, a CX-A5200 and a Monolith 7x200 amp. This Pre-amp/Amp combo will likely be the same in the dedicated theater room. Really enjoying the MA Golds, and seems like my research is basically pointing to the B&Ws vs the Tribes. Also looking at the MA in-walls, but seems like the B&W and Tribes are the main ones to consider.

Thanks!
post #1923 of 1952 Old 05-20-2020, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop27 View Post
Apologies in advance if I'm asking something that has already been answered, couldn't find more recent answers/reviews.

Looking at in-wall LCRs, and seems the B&W CWM7.3 s2 is similarly priced to the Totem Tribe in-walls. Does anyone have any experience with the sound of the in-wall B&W vs the in-wall Tribes?

For reference, I'm redoing my dedicated theater system upstairs from some old Klipsch stuff that I'm not happy with. Recently re-did the living room sound system with Monitor Audio Gold towers, a CX-A5200 and a Monolith 7x200 amp. This Pre-amp/Amp combo will likely be the same in the dedicated theater room. Really enjoying the MA Golds, and seems like my research is basically pointing to the B&Ws vs the Tribes. Also looking at the MA in-walls, but seems like the B&W and Tribes are the main ones to consider.

Thanks!
I can’t comment on the B&Ws, however, I have a pair of Tribe in-walls. A while back I moved some surrounds out of the ceiling and into the walls. That move was well worth it no matter the speakers but that’s not addressing your question...

I also have a pair of Tribe IIIs for L&R and a V for center. I must admit, using the in-walls as surrounds doesn’t do them justice, they are great speakers. I often list to music in multichannel stereo and they sound great, very similar to the IIIs. The backer boxes included with them definitely helps.

They work great for me, had I thought about in-walls when redoing the space I would have considered them for L&R speakers. If you have a chance to demo them before purchase it would be worth it. Although they work for me, only your ears can decide.
Jonas2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1924 of 1952 Old 05-21-2020, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 3344 Post(s)
Liked: 2211
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop27 View Post

This is probably not at all useful, but I'll throw it out anyway. Although not architectural, which is the outstanding difference, I did demo the B&W CM-series floor standers back when they were still a thing. I don't know if any of the design characteristics carry over to the CWM line - but I did find the CMs at least to be a bit harsh, kind of shrill. The Tribe on-walls are a very different experience compared to that, and the in-walls share the same tweeter (except for Tribe V), which I think was the issue with the CMs. I don't know if the CWMs are even related to the CMs. Like I said, probably not very useful.

If you are not fully committed to in-walls, definitely consider the Tribe on-walls, but ROHM's advice is far more valuable here being that he owns both. I did have a chance to listen to Tribe III as L/R and V as center at my former dealer - they do not disappoint.

I know this is a Totem thread, but since you are considering multiple brands, I'd also look at Paradigm.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #1925 of 1952 Old 05-21-2020, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROHM View Post
I can’t comment on the B&Ws, however, I have a pair of Tribe in-walls. A while back I moved some surrounds out of the ceiling and into the walls. That move was well worth it no matter the speakers but that’s not addressing your question...

I also have a pair of Tribe IIIs for L&R and a V for center. I must admit, using the in-walls as surrounds doesn’t do them justice, they are great speakers. I often list to music in multichannel stereo and they sound great, very similar to the IIIs. The backer boxes included with them definitely helps.

They work great for me, had I thought about in-walls when redoing the space I would have considered them for L&R speakers. If you have a chance to demo them before purchase it would be worth it. Although they work for me, only your ears can decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
This is probably not at all useful, but I'll throw it out anyway. Although not architectural, which is the outstanding difference, I did demo the B&W CM-series floor standers back when they were still a thing. I don't know if any of the design characteristics carry over to the CWM line - but I did find the CMs at least to be a bit harsh, kind of shrill. The Tribe on-walls are a very different experience compared to that, and the in-walls share the same tweeter (except for Tribe V), which I think was the issue with the CMs. I don't know if the CWMs are even related to the CMs. Like I said, probably not very useful.

If you are not fully committed to in-walls, definitely consider the Tribe on-walls, but ROHM's advice is far more valuable here being that he owns both. I did have a chance to listen to Tribe III as L/R and V as center at my former dealer - they do not disappoint.

I know this is a Totem thread, but since you are considering multiple brands, I'd also look at Paradigm.
Thanks both for the reply. I was hesitant to start yet another X vs X vs X conversation but may end up doing that in a different thread.

I could potentially do on walls, opinions seem to be split on whether on-walls or in-walls from Totem are better. I'm not necessarily fully committed to in-walls, the desire to save space is more of a "wife happiness" requirement. I have a pair of Monitor Audio Gold 200s in the downstairs living room that I really like, so was thinking of the MA in-walls as well.

Unfortunately here in Las Vegas, there doesn't seem to be many opportunities to listen to different speaker brands, especially in-walls.

ROHM, your opinion on the Tribe in-walls vs on-walls is greatly appreciated
post #1926 of 1952 Old 05-21-2020, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You can always change your mind with on-walls, it's a little more work for in-walls. I was going to do all in-walls for my TV room, but decided for the LCR it made more sense to do on-walls, as it helped the decision feel a little less...final. I know drywall work is always an option, but it costs a lot more than putting on a new wall mount.
Jonas2 likes this.
post #1927 of 1952 Old 05-26-2020, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Just read this. Nice review. Some drama in the comments though.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...NaKxJX75R1bIjI
BigAl87 likes this.
post #1928 of 1952 Old 05-27-2020, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctors11 View Post
Just read this. Nice review. Some drama in the comments though.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...NaKxJX75R1bIjI

I think it just says a lot about the value they deliver, to compare them to the Original Model One and Costing only $1k is truly impressive and my impressions were right when I mentioned they were a bargain at that price. Also comparing to the Kefs LS50's and showed more clarity wow.

Agreed the odd part is the measurements but no speaker is perfect it comes down to how you hear things
doctors11 likes this.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''
post #1929 of 1952 Old 06-20-2020, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Here's a new review on the Skylight.

BigAl87 and Jonas2 like this.
post #1930 of 1952 Old 06-20-2020, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctors11 View Post
Here's a new review on the Skylight.

Good review, thanks for posting!
doctors11 likes this.

Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #1931 of 1952 Old 06-29-2020, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Driver?

Does anybody know what driver is used for the active driver in a Totem Thunder II sub? Thanks

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
post #1932 of 1952 Old 06-29-2020, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
Does anybody know what driver is used for the active driver in a Totem Thunder II sub? Thanks

Knowing Totem for their love of Danish Driver I would say Scan Speak, 26W-4558T00, I think the pictures don't lie here, See the the outer plastic ring surrounding the woofer and the dust cap. Totem has probably done some in house mods to the driver but all in all clearly a Scan Speak.

Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST, Naim NAC 272 and 250 DR , Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo UDP203. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest, Display Panasonic CX-800U 65''

Last edited by BigAl87; 06-30-2020 at 07:44 AM.
post #1933 of 1952 Old 06-29-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Knowing Totem for their love of Danish Driver I would say Scan Speak, 26W-4558T00, I think the pictures don't lie here, See the the outer plastic ring surrounding the woofer and the dust cap. Totem has probably done some in house mods to the driver but all in all clearly a Scan Speak.

Thanks very much for this. It was for a sub I was interested in buying on FB Marketplace but somebody else snapped it up before I could act, sadly.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
post #1934 of 1952 Old 06-29-2020, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
Thanks very much for this. It was for a sub I was interested in buying on FB Marketplace but somebody else snapped it up before I could act, sadly.

Wow that went pretty fast, yeah that's is a quality driver. You could look on CAM they come around sometimes.

post #1935 of 1952 Old 06-30-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Wow that went pretty fast, yeah that's is a quality driver. You could look on CAM they come around sometimes.
Yes, it was listed for a week already when I saw it, contacted the seller and contacted Totem to get an idea of the repair. Totem wanted the serial number but seller took too long to reply and meanwhile sold to somebody else. Oh well!

post #1936 of 1952 Old 07-10-2020, 10:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Got a little dilema on hand .

Saw a great offer on Totem Forest - 1500 CDN for the pair

I have the Rainmakers and really enjoy them

Just curious to AnB test both speakers.

I want more bass punch and precision wich im hoping to get with the Forest
and perhaps a little bit less brightnes on top end

I read on some forums some people preferred the rainmakers to forest surprinsingly (all a matter of tast i suppose).

Worst thing is i pay 1500 and sell them same price i guess..

ANyone know if this is like a major upgrade or a waste of money and time...
post #1937 of 1952 Old 07-11-2020, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Question Placement and mounting advice of Tribe II's

Hello; old member but new Totem Owner so thought it would be good to post my question here:

I am a current owner to Tribe Towers and have just purchased 5 used Tribe II's from this site (fingurs cross everything is legit and they get here next week). Here is the post: https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/deta...-set-w-stands/

My main question is about recessing the speakers and placing them beside an integrated entertainment unit. Is it okay to recess the centre channel within a 4" recess. The recess will be made of drywall with some space above and below(perhaps an inch or two) and lots of space on the sides (in case I upgrade to a Tribe III one day).

The L/R channels will be placed to the side of the integrated entertainment unit which will stick out about 6" from the wall. The right channel speaker has a wall 25" from the edge of the entertainment unit. Do I need to worry about how close the side channels are from the entertainment unit? I know that it is not good to place the side channels beside a wall so was thinking of given them a few inches.

I have included a photo of the above view and front view of what the entertainment unit will look like and the placement of the tribes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	28
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	2756452  
post #1938 of 1952 Old 07-11-2020, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123go View Post
Got a little dilema on hand .

Saw a great offer on Totem Forest - 1500 CDN for the pair

I have the Rainmakers and really enjoy them

Just curious to AnB test both speakers.

I want more bass punch and precision wich im hoping to get with the Forest
and perhaps a little bit less brightnes on top end

I read on some forums some people preferred the rainmakers to forest surprinsingly (all a matter of tast i suppose).

Worst thing is i pay 1500 and sell them same price i guess..

ANyone know if this is like a major upgrade or a waste of money and time...
I'll let BigAl speak to this, but you should get a decent bass improvement, not sure on the top end? Although my local dealer had both while they were still around, and I listened to both, they were never side by side, and I only did serious listening of the Forest. I loved it, but went Paradigm Prestige ONLY for the bass performance at the time as I had no idea what I was going to do for subs (plus they had no Totem centers minus the Tribe III and V to compare with, and they did have the Pardigms). Otherwise, I did prefer the Forests, esp. for music/vocals. Let's see what BigAl says!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousJD View Post
My main question is about recessing the speakers and placing them beside an integrated entertainment unit. Is it okay to recess the centre channel within a 4" recess. The recess will be made of drywall with some space above and below(perhaps an inch or two) and lots of space on the sides (in case I upgrade to a Tribe III one day).
So, it sounds like the speaker would sit pretty close then to the front of the recess? That's likely O.K., you do want the face of the speaker recessed as little as possible. The recess looks fairly generous with some breathing room, might be just fine, but no question it will change the characteristics of the speaker. Tribe IIIs are awesome by the way.

Quote:
The L/R channels will be placed to the side of the integrated entertainment unit which will stick out about 6" from the wall. The right channel speaker has a wall 25" from the edge of the entertainment unit. Do I need to worry about how close the side channels are from the entertainment unit? I know that it is not good to place the side channels beside a wall so was thinking of given them a few inches.
I'd be more worried about the wall, but I think you're fine there. I do have my L/R next to my AV cabinet, but it is not a wall unit or anything like that, and the fronts of the speakers are forward of the cabinet, and only a few inches away. I'd imagine there is interaction with the AV unit, but I'll guess it's minimal. Ideally, you'd want the fronts of those speakers as well not recessed if it can be avoided.

So, you're going to do a 5.1 system then with the Tribe IIs, or.....?? Me? I'd move those Tribe Towers into that system, get a Tribe III, and then those 5 x Tribe II for a 7.1! Imagine that is not possible, but if you put the towers there, you've got tweeters better aligned with one another, and you can do a lot more experimenting with speakers not wall-mounted, and not worry about a partial recess at that point.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #1939 of 1952 Old 07-11-2020, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

So, you're going to do a 5.1 system then with the Tribe IIs, or.....?? Me? I'd move those Tribe Towers into that system, get a Tribe III, and then those 5 x Tribe II for a 7.1! Imagine that is not possible, but if you put the towers there, you've got tweeters better aligned with one another, and you can do a lot more experimenting with speakers not wall-mounted, and not worry about a partial recess at that point.
Well that would be one hell of a system. I have my Tribe Towers paired with a SIM audio Moon Ace in the family room . These will be for my basement home theatre... I could reconfigure the design and have both the L/R fronts and centre channels flush. the problem is the TV will be recessed so I thought it would look a little weird having the speakers stick out...

thanks for the response...
post #1940 of 1952 Old 07-11-2020, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'll let BigAl speak to this, but you should get a decent bass improvement, not sure on the top end? Although my local dealer had both while they were still around, and I listened to both, they were never side by side, and I only did serious listening of the Forest. I loved it, but went Paradigm Prestige ONLY for the bass performance at the time as I had no idea what I was going to do for subs (plus they had no Totem centers minus the Tribe III and V to compare with, and they did have the Pardigms). Otherwise, I did prefer the Forests, esp. for music/vocals. Let's see what BigAl says!

So, it sounds like the speaker would sit pretty close then to the front of the recess? That's likely O.K., you do want the face of the speaker recessed as little as possible. The recess looks fairly generous with some breathing room, might be just fine, but no question it will change the characteristics of the speaker. Tribe IIIs are awesome by the way.

I'd be more worried about the wall, but I think you're fine there. I do have my L/R next to my AV cabinet, but it is not a wall unit or anything like that, and the fronts of the speakers are forward of the cabinet, and only a few inches away. I'd imagine there is interaction with the AV unit, but I'll guess it's minimal. Ideally, you'd want the fronts of those speakers as well not recessed if it can be avoided.

yes so im auditioning A and B Forest vs Rainmaker right now

Vocals are way better on Forest , sound is more balanced (deeper bass obviously )..

Trebble. sparkle and precision in the higher frequency seems to be better in the Rainmaker althou is suspect it beiing a little to boosted to my taste

Both speakers are bright

Rainmaker can be fatiguing, so far Forest is not fatiguing despite beiing bright

Forest cost me 1 k extra , but i think ill stick with them for now, since they dont seem fatiguing..they are amazing for Jazz, Classical , Vocal for sure, almost perfect.
Still Rainmaker are extremely fun to listen too for some reason but ill have to sell them
BigAl87 likes this.
post #1941 of 1952 Old 07-11-2020, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well that would be one hell of a system. I have my Tribe Towers paired with a SIM audio Moon Ace in the family room . These will be for my basement home theatre... I could reconfigure the design and have both the L/R fronts and centre channels flush. the problem is the TV will be recessed so I thought it would look a little weird having the speakers stick out...

Well, I guess it would depend on the overall look of the finished product! So, I've got my TV on top of an AV cabinet, and speakers positioned like I mentioned. This puts the display an inch or so behind the rear plane of the speaker. I've never thought it to look odd or unbalanced. I could see why somebody might feel that way though. Of course you and your system are different, but it might not be as bad as you think.

Quote:

Vocals are way better on Forest , sound is more balanced (deeper bass obviously )..

Trebble. sparkle and precision in the higher frequency seems to be better in the Rainmaker althou is suspect it beiing a little to boosted to my taste

Both speakers are bright

Rainmaker can be fatiguing, so far Forest is not fatiguing despite beiing bright

Forest cost me 1 k extra , but i think ill stick with them for now, since they dont seem fatiguing..they are amazing for Jazz, Classical , Vocal for sure, almost perfect.
Still Rainmaker are extremely fun to listen too for some reason but ill have to sell them

I only direct compared Forest to the Paradigm Prestige - and the Paradigms I would say are more "energetic" than the Totems, but I definitely don't find the Paradigms fatiguing, no way I'd find Forest fatiguing. You really find them bright? I did actually audition with the genres you describe, and a few others too - and they are amazing. I loved what I perceived as precision and superior clarity with voices. Still want me a pair of Forest Sigs. someday too...
BigAl87 likes this.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #1942 of 1952 Old 07-11-2020, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Both speakers are bright

Rainmaker can be fatiguing, so far Forest is not fatiguing despite being bright

Owned both at the same time so i can say that you are pin point on it the Forest is pretty flat all in all but bass pricision and control is way better and the fun factor you get with the Rainmaker is absolutely right on.

The fact the treble seem to be better on Rainmaker is simply because the is just less mids on the Rainmaker.

I think you are making the right move keeping the Forest.

The Signature Forest is not as bright as the Forest specially because they remediated the issue at 17khz pushing that resonance to 25khz so it's not audible to the ear, the Forest do need a good deal of power to sound their best and not sound so bright to your ears as they fluctuate quite a bit in the impedance but they do have a spike around17k, other than that they are supposed to be rolled off from 10K to that 17khz.

Below you can see Forest Signature and Rainmaker playing same video on my system you can tell the Forest ave less dip in the mid-range, ironically you can see the regular Forest behind the Signature on the far right.

Jonas2 likes this.

Last edited by BigAl87; 07-11-2020 at 09:40 PM.
post #1943 of 1952 Old 07-11-2020, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, I guess it would depend on the overall look of the finished product! So, I've got my TV on top of an AV cabinet, and speakers positioned like I mentioned. This puts the display an inch or so behind the rear plane of the speaker. I've never thought it to look odd or unbalanced. I could see why somebody might feel that way though. Of course you and your system are different, but it might not be as bad as you think.

I only direct compared Forest to the Paradigm Prestige - and the Paradigms I would say are more "energetic" than the Totems, but I definitely don't find the Paradigms fatiguing, no way I'd find Forest fatiguing. You really find them bright? I did actually audition with the genres you describe, and a few others too - and they are amazing. I loved what I perceived as precision and superior clarity with voices. Still want me a pair of Forest Sigs. someday too...

Get those Piano Black Forest Signature Jonas
Jonas2 likes this.

post #1944 of 1952 Old 07-12-2020, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Below you can see Forest Signature and Rainmaker playing same video on my system you can tell the Forest ave less dip in the mid-range, ironically you can see the regular Forest behind the Signature on the far right.
What is that song you're playing in the videos? I really like it, swear I've heard it before, but can't put a finger on it.

Quote:
Get those Piano Black Forest Signature Jonas
Oh yes, on my radar!! Hopefully they keep making them, they are probably still a few years away for me.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:

Last edited by Jonas2; 07-12-2020 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spell Correction
post #1945 of 1952 Old 07-12-2020, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What is that song you're playing in the videos? I really like it, swear I've herd it before, but can't put a finger on it.

Oh yes, on my radar!! Hopefully they keep making them, they are probably still a few years away for me.

The artist is Arianne Moffat she does a lot of different styles she's from Quebec actually, I mean she can play the guitar but she is also influenced by electronic as you can hear in that vid, but she does jazz, folk and pop music.

The track is called "Sur ton Parallèle" from the album Aquanaut.
Jonas2 likes this.

post #1946 of 1952 Old 07-12-2020, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The artist is Arianne Moffat she does a lot of different styles she's from Quebec actually, I mean she can play the guitar but she is also influenced by electronic as you can hear in that vid, but she does jazz, folk and pop music.

The track is called "Sur ton Parallèle" from the album Aquanaut.

Excellent, thanks! I'm going to look into her.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #1947 of 1952 Old 07-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

yes im making the right move , i ran Audessey and to my suprise Denon boosted the almost all frequecy +3 db and now its sound astonishing! There not bright no..my ears are getting used to the sound and its very detailed and amazing. TO my surprise to its the first speakers i owned where if I activate Dynamic Eq an i get a tremendous punch in bass boost without loozing detailz. I think Dynamic Eq is a feature great for like good speakers. Not saying my others speakers where bad but perhaps they couldnt handle that feature.
I also played the same Deep purple song i auditonned when i bought the FOrest.
It was on a 5000k amp that looked like gold...After calibrating my Denon honnestly i dont think im loozing much quality . I doubt i will throw 5k for a 2-5 pourcent progress. Therefore these speaker are clearly eazy to drive and sound sick with a simple AVR ala Denon x1500h.
No really happy im not looking back from , now (never getting bookshelfs under 1k anymore )...Need that nice bass (like the fondation of a house basicelly)...
Might end up one day with Revels 208 or something but i think ill enjoy the FOrest for a long while 🙂
post #1948 of 1952 Old 07-12-2020, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

just using FOrest front (not signature). Ibet the Signatures are better based on the measurements, Rainmakes wich i got for only 400 Cdn are doiing a very good job in surround and all they match very well. Also have Rainmaker center wich is doiing a good job.

So my surround is basicelly all totem for now and sound seems the best i had so far ..most engaging and immersive for sure !

Only need a second SVS sub and i think i have a solid system for movies and music
BigAl87 and Jonas2 like this.
post #1949 of 1952 Old 07-12-2020, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
just using FOrest front (not signature). Ibet the Signatures are better based on the measurements, Rainmakes wich i got for only 400 Cdn are doiing a very good job in surround and all they match very well. Also have Rainmaker center wich is doiing a good job.

So my surround is basicelly all totem for now and sound seems the best i had so far ..most engaging and immersive for sure !

Only need a second SVS sub and i think i have a solid system for movies and music

I onced had this exact same setup except for the Subs, had a single Sub15 later replaced by a JLf113. SVS subs are great love the SB4000.

post #1950 of 1952 Old 07-13-2020, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yes, adding a second sub to my system was a very noticeable improvement. I always recommend this is a budget and space allow!

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics Cmt 340 Se Center , totem acoustic tribe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page