The Onkyo/Integra direct firmware updates - Page 143 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4261 of 4274 Old 01-28-2017, 10:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Looking for the latest firmware for the Integra DTR-8.8 if anyone has it.
Thanks!
BubbaMc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4262 of 4274 Old 12-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
kinglerxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Onkyo TX-SR705 v1.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvr View Post
Sorry I missed this until now. The "all in one" update CD ISO for the xx5 devices can still be downloaded from my Google Drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwN...ew?usp=sharing

This is the same CD that I was sending out when I was running the dongle rental service for updating 805 receivers.
Jasonvr - I have a Onkyo TX-SR705 with v1.04 firmware
Can I use that All-in-One ISO file to burn a CD disc and play it thru my CD player to update my AVR without the dongle ?
Thanks

"We each pay a fabulous price, for our visions of paradise. But a spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission" - Rush
kinglerxt is offline  
post #4263 of 4274 Old 12-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
jasonvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglerxt View Post
Jasonvr - I have a Onkyo TX-SR705 with v1.04 firmware
Can I use that All-in-One ISO file to burn a CD disc and play it thru my CD player to update my AVR without the dongle ?
Thanks
According to the instruction document on the CD, it appears that that as long as your 705 has main firmware 1.02 or later, you can update without a jig/dongle (i.e. serial only)

LG B6 65" OLED, Phillips UHD BluRay, Denon AVR-X4000, Chromecast Ultra, Roku Ultra, eD speakers and sub
jasonvr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4264 of 4274 Old 12-23-2017, 07:32 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello Dear Friends,
I have an Onkyo TX-NR905
My Firmware is 1.05
I tried to download form the links that were posted years ago on the forum the last firmware but it doesn't work
Could someone send me a link to download the firmware 1.09.
I also read that there was several updates for the receiver including firmware for bug fix on HDMI and network
Please need help
Merry Christmas and many thanks!
Loren
LorenOA76 is offline  
post #4265 of 4274 Old 02-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Member
 
Elektronek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. Is there any Firmware updates for TX-SR309, TX-SR313 or HT-R390 available?
Elektronek is offline  
post #4266 of 4274 Old 03-12-2018, 04:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Issue on upgrading Main/DSP Firmware on Onkyo TX-SR875

I tried to update Main Firmware of Onkyo TX-SR875 with USB to Serial Adapter via Windows 7 Desktop machine. As per given direction I did all like connecting properly USB to Serial Adapter with USB Cable, Select proper Com Port and Port Speed on App Updater, then Power on the AVR with holding Enter Button which gives me Main Firmware 1.01/07615L on display. But After clicking on update process Onkyo AVR shows "Searching F/W..." on display. No progress after that. So whats the problem with that? Am I missing something or done anything wrong?
I also facing issue when try to update DSP Firmware. DSP Firmware stucks in "DSP Updating....".

I would like to do it because my avr give lound popping on all DSP modes. Its works only in Pure Audio or Direct Audio mode. It has
1. DSP 1st: SR8051 08214A
2. DSP 2nd: SR8052 07518A
3. DSP 3rd: SR8053 07820B
HDMI: 1.01/07706A
Video: 07606E00924
Main: 87 1.07/08223A
HDMI 1.01/07706A
Ashish_Solanki is offline  
post #4267 of 4274 Old 03-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Member
 
KillaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone happen to have the latest TX-SR876 files archived and willing to share?
I bought a near mint unit which will need the HDMI board caps swapped out and found it still has Main firmware 1.00 onboard.

Thanks in advance!
KillaB is offline  
post #4268 of 4274 Old 03-16-2018, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jcalabria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,433
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaB View Post
Does anyone happen to have the latest TX-SR876 files archived and willing to share?
I bought a near mint unit which will need the HDMI board caps swapped out and found it still has Main firmware 1.00 onboard.

Thanks in advance!

HERE you go... US (and, presumably, Canada) DSP and Main Firmware for the 876. I'll leave the link up for a few days.

Note that, for the main firmware, both 1.04 and 1.05 are in the archive. As far as anybody knows (at least the last time I checked a few years ago), they are identical... it doesn't really matter which you use. I personally have 1.05 on my own 876. There is at least one main version higher than 1.05 (don't recall the specific version number), but it was for EU/PAL versions of the receiver and not applicable to US versions.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
Spectrum/TWC-Charlotte, 8742HDC/ODN 9
jcalabria is offline  
post #4269 of 4274 Old 03-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Member
 
KillaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post

HERE you go... US (and, presumably, Canada) DSP and Main Firmware for the 876. I'll leave the link up for a few days.

Note that, for the main firmware, both 1.04 and 1.05 are in the archive. As far as anybody knows (at least the last time I checked a few years ago), they are identical... it doesn't really matter which you use. I personally have 1.05 on my own 876. There is at least one main version higher than 1.05 (don't recall the specific version number), but it was for EU/PAL versions of the receiver and not applicable to US versions.
Thank you very much @jcalabria (as well as @rickardl behind the scenes )

I needlessly fought with the DSP update today. I burned an Audio CD as per the instructions using Brasero and then tried playing the track from my PS3 Slim. No matter what settings I chose, the AVR would not take the update.
Long story short, I was only successful by playing the WAV file directly from a USB flash drive

I'll perform the 1.04 update a little later.

It if hasn't been discovered yet in this thread, the DHC99 and 876 Main FW .mot files are identical. Strange since the DHC99 and 906 both have Ethernet ports, I figured the larger size of the 906 firmware was due to additional Ethernet code.
KillaB is offline  
post #4270 of 4274 Old 03-29-2018, 10:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish_Solanki View Post
I tried to update Main Firmware of Onkyo TX-SR875 with USB to Serial Adapter via Windows 7 Desktop machine. As per given direction I did all like connecting properly USB to Serial Adapter with USB Cable, Select proper Com Port and Port Speed on App Updater, then Power on the AVR with holding Enter Button which gives me Main Firmware 1.01/07615L on display. But After clicking on update process Onkyo AVR shows "Searching F/W..." on display. No progress after that. So whats the problem with that? Am I missing something or done anything wrong?
I also facing issue when try to update DSP Firmware. DSP Firmware stucks in "DSP Updating....".

I would like to do it because my avr give lound popping on all DSP modes. Its works only in Pure Audio or Direct Audio mode. It has
1. DSP 1st: SR8051 08214A
2. DSP 2nd: SR8052 07518A
3. DSP 3rd: SR8053 07820B
HDMI: 1.01/07706A
Video: 07606E00924
Main: 87 1.07/08223A
HDMI 1.01/07706A
After successfully updated Firmware on Onkyo TX-SR875 I got above mentioned DSP 1, 2, & 3 with HDMI & Video Version. But 875 still having issues in Digital Sound. I swap another DSP Card and update its DSP Firmware but still same result, no sound and popping in digital sound.
During this process when I check firmware of both DSP Boards, I hit display button few times and I got weird data on Onkyo Screen. Can anybody throw some light on these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo Old Board-1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	2382644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo Old Board-2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	2382646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo Old Board-3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	2382648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo Old Board-4.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	2382650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo New Board-1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	982.1 KB
ID:	2382652  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo New Board-2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	2382654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo New Board-3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2382656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo New Board-4.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	2382658  
Ashish_Solanki is offline  
post #4271 of 4274 Old 03-30-2018, 04:51 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish_Solanki View Post
After successfully updated Firmware on Onkyo TX-SR875 I got above mentioned DSP 1, 2, & 3 with HDMI & Video Version. But 875 still having issues in Digital Sound. I swap another DSP Card and update its DSP Firmware but still same result, no sound and popping in digital sound.
During this process when I check firmware of both DSP Boards, I hit display button few times and I got weird data on Onkyo Screen. Can anybody throw some light on these?
Hi,

I'm looking for an update for an Onkyo TX-SR607. Nothing found on Onkyo website, maybe it's not possible to update it ?
I'm not a specialist in amp ant others audio things, but there are some of my issues:
- no voices for some DTS movies => obliged set stereo mode on input configuration (and don't retrieve the good conf...)
- make my Roku streaming stick crashing and desable the remote (works fine when plug on the TV)

Thanks for your help
MrsDallara is offline  
post #4272 of 4274 Old 04-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawoman View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by goksucats

I'm a little confused about the capacitor replacement issue on the TX-SR805. I have a silver Onkyo TX-SR805 made in Japan with a Serial Number 1790918222x I purchased in 12/07 from Amazon.com and have used happily for a year and a half with no problems. It appears mine is out of the range of the ones that need a new capacitor because it says "from 8276th" and mine is 8222. I don't know if it means ones under that or over that. And what exactly is the capacitor issue. I'm just nervous about sending my unit several states away to get service at A B L Corp in Michigan (I'm in KC). Is it something that needs to be done if I dont intend to own the 15 or so Blu-ray's authored early on that I've seen on the list? My understanding is DTS quickly changed their authoring techniques to solve the problem. And if mine does, indeed, need new capacitors, then what exactly does that entail, and what are the consequences if I don't do so? I have to confess, I don't even know exactly what we're talking about with the capacitors, what that means.

I might just call one of the local service centers up in Omaha, NE, to see if I can just run it by there in the morning some day, and see if they can do the firmware and dsp update for me. I don't think I can do any of teh updates, because the loader version seems to be 1.00.


The capacitor issue is when listening to DD+ or DTS-HD HR there may be noise or dropouts. If your unit doesn't have this problem you shouldn't worry about sending it in. Units "may" have this problem if the serial number is one that "may" be suspect, but if you don't hear a problem, no worries. HD discs for the most part used these audio codecs, blu-ray not so much if at all.

People with your loader have been circulating a jig to do firmware updates. Here is the thread for that info. I think one of the last few posts currently as the list, just add your name to it if you want to do the update. I believe along with the jig is the info./firmware etc that people need depending on your particular unit. If you have any questions about doing it go to that thread and post your questions. There are a lot of people who've done the update that way and who made the jigs, etc that can answer your questions.
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...mware&page=169
My Onkyo TX-SR875 has same issue in DD+ and other Digital Sound Format. It gives popping and Cracking or no sound in some channels in Digital input. Onkyo TX-SR805 and TX-SR875 is mostly same unit with same hardware except little changes in HDMI and all. So Which capacitor affect the DD+ or Digital Sound? I already tried DSP Firmware update but still not solve the issue. So I think may be any kind of poor capacitor or other electronics components create this issue.
Ashish_Solanki is offline  
post #4273 of 4274 Old 07-01-2018, 03:57 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello. Does anybody have the DSP firmware for onkyo tx-nr515?
yustas73 is offline  
post #4274 of 4274 Old 05-19-2019, 12:01 AM
Member
 
wineds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Onkyo HDMI bin file request

I have had a bad HDMI flash on my TXsr805. I have since found out it was due to a substandard USB to RS232 converter. The Onkyo updater no longer works and cannot write the moto HDMI hex file. I was wondering whether anyone still has a copy of the HDMI bin file in case I want to try direct writing to the REON chip using the debug port?

I was originally posted in this thread by @ogoun

viz : rapidshare dot com /files/239261682/605HDMI-v1.02.bin.html

Edit : Nevermind. I built a jig and programmed the HDMI firmware directly using sp850es.exe. HDMI is back!

Last edited by wineds; 05-22-2019 at 07:15 AM.
wineds is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr605 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr805 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver Silver , Onkyo Tx Nr905s

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off