Denon AVR-4310CI Thread - Page 179 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #5341 of 5358 Old 10-24-2017, 04:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 854 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24666 Post(s)
Liked: 13880
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecramesh View Post
Hello

This may be irrelevant .. apologize if it's the wrong thread

Where would i sell my A'diva and Strada speakers ? Ebay ?

Thanks,
Ram
Craigslist. Ebay. Audiogon. AVSForum Classified.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5342 of 5358 Old 10-24-2017, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Craigslist. Ebay. Audiogon. AVSForum Classified.
Thanks @jdsmoothie
post #5343 of 5358 Old 11-12-2017, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So I've got a 4310CI I bought in 2009, and I think I'm having the same problem others have had with the HDMI board going bad. I was watching DirecTV over HDMI when the screen suddenly went solid pink, then started flickering through a series of colors while the sound kept going. Within about 30 seconds the picture had turned into a black 4:3 square with grey sidebars, and the sound went dead as well. I figured it was a DVR glitch so I reset the Genie box, but that didn't do it. After I shut the receiver down and unplugged it for a soft reset it worked again, but only for about 10 minutes before the same thing happened. I switched from monitor 1 to monitor 2 and thought I might be in the clear because everything worked, but after a few minutes the picture died again. I opened the receiver up and air-dusted the insides, only to get the same results yet again. This happens regardless of which back-panel source I use, though I haven't tried the front panel jacks. I was going to try component video, but when I remembered that I won't be able to watch most things in HD that way I pulled out the TV's sound bar that I had never even taken out of the box. One thing that occurs to me is that this may be at least partly heat related due to the temporary functioning, but somehow I get the feeling that's not going to help me.

So am I hosed? I would HATE to replace a $2000 receiver after only 8 years, especially since the prior receiver was a Denon that had spent 6 months in a repair shop when some chips got fried by a power surge (apparently Denon kept shipping a chip without an "A" suffix when the shop needed the one with the with the suffix). Between the network card that I had to replace and this happening I'm frankly getting a little sour on Denon, though I find that very hard to say because I love their sound quality! Any thoughts...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5344 of 5358 Old 11-12-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarrox View Post
I pulled out the TV's sound bar that I had never even taken out of the box
Doh! I meant to add that the sound bar was necessary to cut the Denon receiver out of the loop by plugging the DVR/Roku/BD directly into the TV, which doesn't have speakers built in... Oh well, at least it has a subwoofer output so I have decent bass! :-)
post #5345 of 5358 Old 11-12-2017, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
So I've got a 4310CI I bought in 2009, and I think I'm having the same problem others have had with the HDMI board going bad. I was watching DirecTV over HDMI when the screen suddenly went solid pink, then started flickering through a series of colors while the sound kept going. Within about 30 seconds the picture had turned into a black 4:3 square with grey sidebars, and the sound went dead as well. I figured it was a DVR glitch so I reset the Genie box, but that didn't do it. After I shut the receiver down and unplugged it for a soft reset it worked again, but only for about 10 minutes before the same thing happened. I switched from monitor 1 to monitor 2 and thought I might be in the clear because everything worked, but after a few minutes the picture died again. I opened the receiver up and air-dusted the insides, only to get the same results yet again. This happens regardless of which back-panel source I use, though I haven't tried the front panel jacks. I was going to try component video, but when I remembered that I won't be able to watch most things in HD that way I pulled out the TV's sound bar that I had never even taken out of the box. One thing that occurs to me is that this may be at least partly heat related due to the temporary functioning, but somehow I get the feeling that's not going to help me.

So am I hosed? I would HATE to replace a $2000 receiver after only 8 years, especially since the prior receiver was a Denon that had spent 6 months in a repair shop when some chips got fried by a power surge (apparently Denon kept shipping a chip without an "A" suffix when the shop needed the one with the with the suffix). Between the network card that I had to replace and this happening I'm frankly getting a little sour on Denon, though I find that very hard to say because I love their sound quality! Any thoughts...?

I had the problem with the network card and was lucky enough to buy one before they ran out of them. I don't think Denon carries them any longer and though the 4310 was a great AVR for it's time the network card was it's weakness. The new AVRs offer so much more for less. I know it stinks that the AVR bit the dust, but maybe it gives you a chance to pick up a more up to date AVR. It's always fun looking! Good luck, JT

My set up: Samsung UN82nu8000 LED TV, Marantz SR7012, Emotiva XPA3, Sony UBP-X800
Roku 4k Premier, Panamax MR4000, 2 Marantz MA-500U, Klipsch KLF10 (L/R),
RC62II (center), R-1650-W (surrounds), RB81II (Rear Surrounds),
Monoprice 6.5" in ceiling speaker (top front/rear), Two Klipsch R-10SW subwoofer
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/show....php?t=1227096
post #5346 of 5358 Old 11-13-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post
I had the problem with the network card and was lucky enough to buy one before they ran out of them. I don't think Denon carries them any longer and though the 4310 was a great AVR for it's time the network card was it's weakness. The new AVRs offer so much more for less. I know it stinks that the AVR bit the dust, but maybe it gives you a chance to pick up a more up to date AVR. It's always fun looking! Good luck, JT
"For it's time"...? A good quality receiver should last decades, not 8 years! If Denon can't make a product that can last that long then they should at least keep making parts long enough to repair most of the failed units.
post #5347 of 5358 Old 11-13-2017, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
"For it's time"...? A good quality receiver should last decades, not 8 years! If Denon can't make a product that can last that long then they should at least keep making parts long enough to repair most of the failed units.

I completely understand your frustration with this unit, but if you had looked through this thread then you would see that his problem occurred early on in it's production and was an issue for many people though out its run. You have been very forturante to have yours last as long as it did. I do agree that 8 years for a premium product isn't great, but consumer electronics is now about the next big feature and not as much about product longevity.

My set up: Samsung UN82nu8000 LED TV, Marantz SR7012, Emotiva XPA3, Sony UBP-X800
Roku 4k Premier, Panamax MR4000, 2 Marantz MA-500U, Klipsch KLF10 (L/R),
RC62II (center), R-1650-W (surrounds), RB81II (Rear Surrounds),
Monoprice 6.5" in ceiling speaker (top front/rear), Two Klipsch R-10SW subwoofer
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/show....php?t=1227096
post #5348 of 5358 Old 11-25-2018, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My denon 4310 c issue

For the last few months I've noticed that my LG 75 inch 1080 p from Costco (4 yearsago) is acting up return the denon receiver. No issues with cable box signal. I even change the location of the Hdmi inputs as well as Hdmi out. The cable goes right to TV where all else ( blu ray, apple tv) goes thru receiver.
Problem: the TV will flicker and go to a green screen that may flash, or it just disconects the input like there is no input connected. I may turn the TV on off one twice or thrice. It seems a TV receiver issue. I've changed Hdmi cables too, on everything. Again is new problem I can't figure out. I knows the receiver may work it's processing on image etc, I'm using the Hdmi for the sound aswell, want the full 7.1 channel, unless fiber can do that now( my system is 10 years old now? ) any ideas. Maybe just use fiber and not Hdmi sound, different TV to compare. Thanks for any in site.
post #5349 of 5358 Old 01-02-2019, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is there a source for the 8R1891001100D network card or a compatible replacement
post #5350 of 5358 Old 01-06-2019, 08:48 AM

Denon AVR-4310ci Issues Detecting Input

My Denon AVR-4310ci had been working fine. I was able to turn the source select knob and turn through the input sources (SAT/CBL, HDP, DVR) and the output would show on the TV. Now if I turn source select, the TV monitor and audio from the receiver don't output. The TV shows "no signal" and no audio plays. If I turn source select to SAT/CBL and then turn the Receiver off, then back on, now it shows the video output and the TV and plays the audio. But the minute I turn source select, the input is no longer detected. It is like the first time I turn all the components on - TV, Denon AVR, and the Dish Satelite TV, no input is detected. If I just power off and power on the Denon AVR, then it properly detects the input of the SAT/CBL (Dish) and shows the TV and outputs the audio.

I had a Control4 system controlling the TV, Denon AVR and Dish Hopper, it worked for about 2 years, then started having this input detection issue. I switched to a Logitect Harmony Hub, but it hasn't helped. I believe the issue is with the Denon AVR-4310ci. I would appreciate any help/advice.
post #5351 of 5358 Old 01-06-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvonbodun View Post
My Denon AVR-4310ci had been working fine. I was able to turn the source select knob and turn through the input sources (SAT/CBL, HDP, DVR) and the output would show on the TV. Now if I turn source select, the TV monitor and audio from the receiver don't output. The TV shows "no signal" and no audio plays. If I turn source select to SAT/CBL and then turn the Receiver off, then back on, now it shows the video output and the TV and plays the audio. But the minute I turn source select, the input is no longer detected. It is like the first time I turn all the components on - TV, Denon AVR, and the Dish Satelite TV, no input is detected. If I just power off and power on the Denon AVR, then it properly detects the input of the SAT/CBL (Dish) and shows the TV and outputs the audio.

I had a Control4 system controlling the TV, Denon AVR and Dish Hopper, it worked for about 2 years, then started having this input detection issue. I switched to a Logitect Harmony Hub, but it hasn't helped. I believe the issue is with the Denon AVR-4310ci. I would appreciate any help/advice.
Try doing a "soft reset" (no loss of settings) of the AVR by simply powering it OFF and unplugging the power and HDMI cables connected to it for 10 minutes. Plug all back in and then power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, source.
post #5352 of 5358 Old 01-07-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try doing a "soft reset" (no loss of settings) of the AVR by simply powering it OFF and unplugging the power and HDMI cables connected to it for 10 minutes. Plug all back in and then power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, source.
I will try this today. Thank you.
post #5353 of 5358 Old 01-07-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I will try this today. Thank you.
I tried what you mentioned - the soft reset. When I turned everything on in the sequence you mentioned, the video and audio worked. Once I powered off and back on using the remote, I had the same issue - no video or audio for the TV. I played around with setting delays on what started and in the sequence (TV -> Receiver -> Sat) but it didn't work. I still have to do one more power on/off of the receiver for it to detect the input source and play it.

It is so bizarre. Any other suggestions? I am trying Denon support as well.
post #5354 of 5358 Old 01-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I tried what you mentioned - the soft reset. When I turned everything on in the sequence you mentioned, the video and audio worked. Once I powered off and back on using the remote, I had the same issue - no video or audio for the TV. I played around with setting delays on what started and in the sequence (TV -> Receiver -> Sat) but it didn't work. I still have to do one more power on/off of the receiver for it to detect the input source and play it.

It is so bizarre. Any other suggestions? I am trying Denon support as well.
It's likely your DISH box is not actually powering fully off, rather just going to standby (especially if it's a DVR). Try using the power on/delay sequence suggested with another source and then switch over to the DISH box.

Another option would be to do a "soft reset" of all components (TV, DISH, AVR) by unplugging their power and all HDMI cables for 10 minutes. Also try using each of the other HDMI inputs on the AVR to see if one performs without the HDMI handshake issue.

Another option would be to place a 3rd party device between the AVR and the TV (eg. HDMI Detective Plus --> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gefen-EXT...f2a2ee5f417f12)

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 01-07-2019 at 12:46 PM.
post #5355 of 5358 Old 04-03-2019, 03:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Greetings.
I just bought a Denon AVR 4310 off Ebay for the games room. Mainly for the wife to use while on the treadmill etc.
I have found a couple of issues with it.

After doing a factory reset to see if it fixed it, the unit takes 6 second for audio to switch from one source to another.

The display is normal but no sound for 6 seconds...I know that can't be right...all analogue inputs at the moment....no, actually the DVD was coaxial.

When going through settings I saw the internet options like online music or whatever t was, it would search for a short time then the TV screen went black while the units display still said searching.
I've not yet been able to connect to my network (though I haven't delved in to the finer details yet)

I asked the seller if it had ever had any issues or repairs, he said it hadn't. It looks like it's had a hard life, scratches etc.
Anyhoo, thought I'd just test the waters with what I've found initially, I'm sure there may be more to ask when I get chance to actually use it (if it keeps going!)

Cheers

Denon AVCA10SE
Anthem MCA-50
Paradigm Studio 100s Paradigm CC690 Paradigm Studio 20s
Paradigm Studio Sub12 Definitive Technology Supercube 2
Oppo BDP-105
Samsung AU60D8000
post #5356 of 5358 Old 07-06-2019, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Dolby digital + DD+ with denon 4310

Hi everyone. I keep on sticking with this receiver because the Yamaha is too tall, the one I would like, and now I have a question. In streaming on sling or prime or Netflix, the sound has a lot of sibilance and is just weird sounding and irritating on the dialogue. I tried to troubleshoot with Sling and the Roku 3 I use to stream with, and with Prime, but no answers. Is it possible that this receiver does not support DD plus? After setting up a home theater and wanting to have friends over to watch a movie, it is disappointing to stream and have the dialogue sibilance and excessive s sound issues. So it occurred to me the issue could be with the denon and not necessarily the Roku. If it is the denon, is there a workaround? I don’t want to listen in stereo to movies. And if not, is it time for a new receiver? I have enjoyed the musical sound of the denon on both 2-channel and multichannel audio and especially with playing albums, but I do also want to be immersed in movies when I watch them and now that I cut the directv cord, I would like shows on Sling to sound better. Please advise if you can. I would be interested in hearing what different people have experienced in this regard. Thanks in advance, as always! If my audio-video rack would accommodate a receiver higher than 7.5 inches, I was going to get a Yamaha 3060 or that receiver with the modules for future upgrading. Well, I digress. Please help if you can. Thanks!
post #5357 of 5358 Old 06-30-2020, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I can pick up one of these units used for an affordable price. Would owners still recommend this unit, if being used purely for two-channel stereo duty with floorstanders?
post #5358 of 5358 Old 06-30-2020, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yes. mine is still going strong.

JohnG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , denon 4310ci , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , input channels , output

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page