FOR GENERAL FAQ AND DENON SETUP HELP, PLEASE VISIT:
DENON AVR 890http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4918.asp
- MANUAL: http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR-890-OM-E_003.pdf
- PRODUCT SHEET: http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR-890_Lit526.pdfDENON AVR 2310CI
- MANUAL: http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR-2310CI-OM-E_000A.pdf
- PRODUCT SHEET: http://batpigworld.com/AVR-2310CI_Lit608.pdf
AVR 2310CI ($849) / AVR 890 ($799) Feature Summary:
- 7.1 channels (105W x 7) of built-in amplification
- full HD audio support including Dolby TrueHD + DTS-MA decoding
- 5 HDMI 1.3a inputs, 2 component video inputs (60 MHz bandwidth)
- 2 optical / 2 coaxial digital audio inputs on rear, 1 optical input on the front
- Seven fully assignable video source "names" (TV, CBL/SAT, DVD, HDP, DVR, VCR, V-AUX)
- Dedicated PHONO input with phono preamp stage
- Full Audyssey suite (MultEQ + Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Volume) with adjustable reference level for Dynamic EQ
- Dolby Pro Logic IIz
- New ABT-2010 video processor with:
--- full color HD GUI (overlays on all sources)
--- full scaling for all sources up to 1080p (60 or 24) selectable by input
--- picture calibration controls (including noise reduction and "enhancer") selectable by inputNOTE: FIRMWARE UPDATE FIX IS NOW AVAILABLE! This update should fix the bitstream audio issues with Samsung and LG Blu-Ray Players, and also addresses bugs with HDMI-CEC and Multizone.
see this post for more info: https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post17512496
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSQ. What is the difference between the three-digit models (e.g. AVR 890) and the four-digit models (e.g. AVR 2310)?
A: Essentially, NOTHING. Denon puts out two parallel receiver lineups, with four-digit and three-digit model numbers. The four-digit models are generally sold by high end stereo shops and custom installers, and the three-digit models are the "consumer" version sold in retail outlets like Circuit City and Fry's.
However, there is ZERO difference in terms of power, specs, sound quality, build quality, etc. between the two lines. Denon has been doing this for years, it is exactly analagous to the Yamaha HTR and RX-V parallel receiver lines.
There will usually be one or two minor differences to differentiate the three-digit and four-digit models. There is typically a slight cosmetic difference between the two lines, and different remotes.
In the specific case of the 2310CI vs. 890, the only differences (besides the cosmetics) is:
1. the 2310CI has a second, Zone 2 remote in addition to the two-sided regular remote
2. the 2310CI adds "CI" features for integration into automated, custom integrated home systems: an RS-232 port (e.g. for Crestron/AMX 3rd-party control, as well as for loading firmware updates), assignable 12V trigger
In all other respects, the 2310 and 890 are IDENTICAL.
For more info, please see the Denon Model Numbers page at batpigworld:http://batpigworld.com/models.htmlQ. What do I gain from stepping up to the 2310/890 model as opposed to saving cash and just getting a 1910/790?
A: The major "step up" features of the 2310CI/890 are:
1. A 5th HDMI input
2. A slightly better amp section
3. A dedicate Phono input with pre-amp
4. usable S-video inputs (i.e. not just for the Denon ipod dock) on the rear, and front panel optical / s-video input
5. high-end ABT-2010 video processor with full color GUI, overlay over HDMI, HDMI>HDMI processing, and picture controls with brightness/contrast/hue/saturation and noise reduction settings which are memorized by input (allowing for independent source calibration even when running one HDMI cable to TV)
6. the 2310CI model (not the 890) will also include an RS-232 port, second smaller Zone 2 remote, and a 12V trigger output for custom integration ("CI") functionality.Q. Should I buy the 2310CI/890 model or grab a great close-out deal on the 2809/989 from last year?
A: In simple terms:
2310/890 pros: 5 HDMI inputs, full color GUI with HDMI overlay, ABT-2010 video processing
2809/989 pros: more power, Audyssey MultEQ XT (vs regular MultEQ), better DAC's, AL24+ processing on FL/FR channels, pre-outs for all 7.1 channels, 3-zone/3-source (2809CI only, 989 is 2-Z/2-S)
The 2809/989 is, overall, a more flexible and powerful unit, and should have better "raw" sound quality. The 2310CI has some newer features and especially the full color GUI and powerful video processing.