The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 668 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2463Likes

post #20011 of 20710 Old 02-24-2016, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Hello, I posted a similar question in another thread but feel this thread is more specific with some of you guys actually owning the receiver I have some questions on.

I currently own a 1612 (hopefully some of you had this receiver or still have it). I am running the folowing set up with it

Energy Cf-50 towers (8 ohm, 20-250 watts, 96 db)
Energy CC-5 Center (8 ohm, 20-150 watts, 89 db)
Energy Cb-10 Surrounds (8 ohm, 20-125 watts, 92db)
10 Inch powered

The problem I am having is when watching action movies and the dynamic volume spikes (plane flyover, explosion, etc) I get brief harshness/light distortion. I thought at first my receiver may be underpowered, but now starting to think I have something calibrated wrong in the setting.

I have all of my speakers set to small, crossovers at 100hz, and cinema EQ on, Dynamic Eq on, and dynamic volume to day/evening.

Regular TV, video games, music, most movies sound GREAT, just the action movies that are disappointing when listening at high volumes to replicate a movie theatre.

Is the 1612 under-powered for my set up, or do I need to tweak some settings to eliminate the high dynamic harshness/distortion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20012 of 20710 Old 02-24-2016, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 853 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24627 Post(s)
Liked: 13851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9 View Post
Hello, I posted a similar question in another thread but feel this thread is more specific with some of you guys actually owning the receiver I have some questions on.

I currently own a 1612 (hopefully some of you had this receiver or still have it). I am running the folowing set up with it

Energy Cf-50 towers (8 ohm, 20-250 watts, 96 db)
Energy CC-5 Center (8 ohm, 20-150 watts, 89 db)
Energy Cb-10 Surrounds (8 ohm, 20-125 watts, 92db)
10 Inch powered

The problem I am having is when watching action movies and the dynamic volume spikes (plane flyover, explosion, etc) I get brief harshness/light distortion. I thought at first my receiver may be underpowered, but now starting to think I have something calibrated wrong in the setting.

I have all of my speakers set to small, crossovers at 100hz, and cinema EQ on, Dynamic Eq on, and dynamic volume to day/evening.

Regular TV, video games, music, most movies sound GREAT, just the action movies that are disappointing when listening at high volumes to replicate a movie theatre.

Is the 1612 under-powered for my set up, or do I need to tweak some settings to eliminate the high dynamic harshness/distortion.

What is the size of your room? How far is the Main Listening Position (MLP) from the Center speaker? What volume level are you listening at when you hear the distortion (ie. shouldn't ever go >80/0db)?
post #20013 of 20710 Old 02-28-2016, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 3312ci may have died tonight.

I turned it on to watch a short BD demo and I get no video/audio out. Front panel lights up fine and I can switch inputs, but no input provides audio or video. I tried switching from HDMI out1 to HDMI out2 (just by moving the cable - not changing any settings), but still no video out.

I have an Epson 2045 connected via HDMI to the AVR, which is then connected to the BD and an HTPC via HDMI cables. The Epson is configured for control over HDMI (single direction, from source).

Only thing I can think of is that I recently turned on the HDMI control functionality - could that do anything? Not sure how to turn it off using just the front panel display.

Connecting the HDMI cable from the projector direct to the BD player gives me both audio/video via the projector.

Is there anything else I could try to troubleshoot? I hate to think I've lost my AVR, but can't think of anything else to try (other than a full reset).

Thanks for any suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20014 of 20710 Old 02-28-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vysean View Post
My 3312ci may have died tonight.

I turned it on to watch a short BD demo and I get no video/audio out. Front panel lights up fine and I can switch inputs, but no input provides audio or video. I tried switching from HDMI out1 to HDMI out2 (just by moving the cable - not changing any settings), but still no video out.

I have an Epson 2045 connected via HDMI to the AVR, which is then connected to the BD and an HTPC via HDMI cables. The Epson is configured for control over HDMI (single direction, from source).

Only thing I can think of is that I recently turned on the HDMI control functionality - could that do anything? Not sure how to turn it off using just the front panel display.

Connecting the HDMI cable from the projector direct to the BD player gives me both audio/video via the projector.

Is there anything else I could try to troubleshoot? I hate to think I've lost my AVR, but can't think of anything else to try (other than a full reset).

Thanks for any suggestions!
Try doing a "soft reset" by powering off and unplugging the power cord to each device for at least 10 minutes. Then plug back in and power on the PJ first, wait 5 seconds, AVR, wait 5 seconds, then source device. If still no joy, do a few microprocessor resets in a row (see post 5 of this thread).
vysean likes this.
post #20015 of 20710 Old 02-29-2016, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Advice on HDMI Connections to new 4K TV

I have recently purchased a Sammy 65JS8500 TV (replaced my older 55D8000 set). Given that the JS8500 is noted to have a great upscaler etc. I was thinking of re-doing how I have devices connected.

Presently, all my devices connect over HDMI into my 33C12 AVR. This includes a TWC STB, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, a Raspberry Pi running Plex and a Sony PS3. I then have the Denon connected to the TV in the TV's HDMI1.
I also have an optical cable from the TV to the Denon so I can use the Samsung SmartHub to watch various 4K videos.

I was thinking of changing this setup to something like this:
Connect the STB, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Denon (needed for menus) directly into the Samsung JS8500. Audio is routed to the AVR over optical cable.
Leave the PS3 and Raspberry Pi connected to the Denon.

One advantage is that going back and forth from SmartHub to TV is pretty quick - no audio change. Also, I free up some HDMI ports on the TV.
One last point, I have already disabled video processing on most of the Denon HDMI ports.

Anyone see advantages/disadvantages to this change?
post #20016 of 20710 Old 02-29-2016, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try doing a "soft reset" by powering off and unplugging the power cord to each device for at least 10 minutes. Then plug back in and power on the PJ first, wait 5 seconds, AVR, wait 5 seconds, then source device. If still no joy, do a few microprocessor resets in a row (see post 5 of this thread).
Thanks for this - I left everything unplugged overnight and then tried again today after disabling HDMI control on the projector - everything came right up. Not sure what the problem is, but I really appreciate the tip.
post #20017 of 20710 Old 02-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post

I have one observation that you will be degrading your Blu-ray audio. If that's not important to you then, back in the day, you overspent on your AVR.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #20018 of 20710 Old 02-29-2016, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:

I have recently purchased a Sammy 65JS8500 TV (replaced my older 55D8000 set). Given that the JS8500 is noted to have a great upscaler etc. I was thinking of re-doing how I have devices connected.

Presently, all my devices connect over HDMI into my 33C12 AVR. This includes a TWC STB, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, a Raspberry Pi running Plex and a Sony PS3. I then have the Denon connected to the TV in the TV's HDMI1.
I also have an optical cable from the TV to the Denon so I can use the Samsung SmartHub to watch various 4K videos.

Connect the STB, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Denon (needed for menus) directly into the Samsung JS8500. Audio is routed to the AVR over optical cable.

One advantage is that going back and forth from SmartHub to TV is pretty quick - no audio change. Also, I free up some HDMI ports on the TV.
One last point, I have already disabled video processing on most of the Denon HDMI ports.

Leave everything connected to the 3312.
You lose auto lip sync when using optical.
Use ARC.
post #20019 of 20710 Old 03-01-2016, 04:27 AM

Quote:

Any 4k sources would have to be connected directly to the TV with separate audio cable (ideally HDMI) to the AVR for audio. An optical cable from the TV will generally only pass PCM 2.0 audio from externally connected sources, so big loss in audio quality with that configuration.
post #20020 of 20710 Old 03-09-2016, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 134
AVR 1912 - Passes Audio but No Video

No video, just audio from DIRECTV HDMI. Same problem with BluRay player. To test I ran the DIRECTV's receiver straight to HDTV. Worked perfect, both video and audio. Did the same with the BluRay player. Again, perfect.

What could be wrong with my Denon AVR 1912?

Sony 4K XBR55X930E, Sony 4K UBPX800 Blu-Ray Player, Sony HTST 5000 SoundBar, DirecTV 4K HS17 w/2 Mini Genies, Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice Cables
post #20021 of 20710 Old 03-10-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
No video, just audio from DIRECTV HDMI. Same problem with BluRay player. To test I ran the DIRECTV's receiver straight to HDTV. Worked perfect, both video and audio. Did the same with the BluRay player. Again, perfect.

What could be wrong with my Denon AVR 1912?
Could be one of several possible issues: (1) an issue with the cable connecting the AVR to the TV (doesn't matter that it works from source --> TV without issue), or (2) an HDMI handshake issue, or (3) much less common, a defective HDMI board.

(1) Try replacing the HDMI cable from the AVR to the TV.
(2) To mitigate HDMI handshake issues, try powering on each device in a specific order, most commonly: TV first, pause 5-10 seconds, AVR, pause 5-10 seconds, and then finally the source device. Although I never had any HDMI handshake problems with my DTV DVRs, I often have issues using a CenturyLink box, most notably ... video but no audio.
(3) If still no joy, your 1912 is likely out of the 2 year warranty window, and as replacement of the HDMI board is likely to cost at least $400 (if even still available), better to put the repair money into purchasing a more current model. You would still be able to use the 1912 for powering Zone 2 speakers if you purchase an "X" series model which has Zone 2 pre-outs.
49Merc likes this.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 03-10-2016 at 12:24 AM.
post #20022 of 20710 Old 03-17-2016, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Any 4k sources would have to be connected directly to the TV with separate audio cable (ideally HDMI) to the AVR for audio. An optical cable from the TV will generally only pass PCM 2.0 audio from externally connected sources, so big loss in audio quality with that configuration.
Thanks, on your advice I upgraded to a x2200W. I have every device connected to the x2200 and an optical from the TV back to the x2200w for Samsungs SmartHub apps. Plays great! The Samsung will pass up to 5.1 out the optical.
post #20023 of 20710 Old 04-03-2016, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've got a 2112-CI that's been plagued with a certain video output issue. Often times when switching HDMI inputs, it will output sound, but no video. I thought maybe the logitech 880 might have been sending commands too quickly, but it even happens when I use the device remotes. I've done plenty of soft resets, but the problem persists. I'm guessing the microprocessor reset is the next step. Thankfully, I was able to save the settings using the Web Control. I just thought I would check here to see if anyone else had this problem and/or a solution that may not involve the reset.
post #20024 of 20710 Old 04-03-2016, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaveAbides View Post
I've got a 2112-CI that's been plagued with a certain video output issue. Often times when switching HDMI inputs, it will output sound, but no video. I thought maybe the logitech 880 might have been sending commands too quickly, but it even happens when I use the device remotes. I've done plenty of soft resets, but the problem persists. I'm guessing the microprocessor reset is the next step. Thankfully, I was able to save the settings using the Web Control. I just thought I would check here to see if anyone else had this problem and/or a solution that may not involve the reset.
I had similar problems and finally swapped out the fairly new HDMI cable to the TV. Success!

Rondog

Denon 8500, 55c8 LG OLED TV, B&W center, 685 LR, 5.1.2 surround
post #20025 of 20710 Old 04-03-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaveAbides View Post
As suggested above, try replacing the HDMI cable. Also, try allowing at least a 5-10 second pause between powering on each device: TV first, then AVR, then source device last.
sparky7 likes this.
post #20026 of 20710 Old 04-03-2016, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

As suggested above, try replacing the HDMI cable. Also, try allowing at least a 5-10 second pause between powering on each device: TV first, then AVR, then source device last.
I should mention the issue isn't new(longer than a year) and I have changed out the hdmi cable at least once about a year ago, when the tv was mounted. It's a longer one, maybe 25' rated for in-wall, from monoprice.

Powering up to 1 device usually isn't an issue, it's if I switch directly, though the issue isn't 100%. I've tried adjusting the power up sequence, and I have a delay in power off but I don't think I can adjust a delay in other actions.

I don't know if it is relevant, but 2 of the devices do not power down (Apple TV, Fire TV).

The issue is usually fixed by powering down, waiting a moment, trying again.
post #20027 of 20710 Old 04-11-2016, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Felipe Beirão
buy now used Denon 3312CI usb not function, networking not connect, ip mac adress is ok help please thanks friends
post #20028 of 20710 Old 04-13-2016, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Probably buying a Vizio p65 TV. Should I keep my 1712? Will mostly stream Amazon and watch Dish content. I only turn on the avr for good movies now (Panny 60st50), but I believe the vizio sound will be worse than the Panny, and I'll be using the avr much more.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #20029 of 20710 Old 04-13-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat View Post
Probably buying a Vizio p65 TV. Should I keep my 1712? Will mostly stream Amazon and watch Dish content. I only turn on the avr for good movies now (Panny 60st50), but I believe the vizio sound will be worse than the Panny, and I'll be using the avr much more.

Most likely the Vizio will be 4k? If yes, then a 4k BDP will likely have dual HDMI outputs to pass video to TV and audio to the AVR, however, the Dish would only allow for optical from the box to the AVR (although currently DD 5.1 is the best it can provide anyway AFAIK) so either way you could go with 1712 unless you want to play Atmos/DTS:X BDs then you'd need a 2015 or newer 2016 model when they become available. The current successor to the 1712 is the X1200W and the newer model will be the X1300W.
post #20030 of 20710 Old 04-13-2016, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thank you. Will likely get the new Hopper 3 also. Not sure what it has for audio. 5.1 is adequate for me. Just not sure if a 4k source from the Hopper would pass thru the 1712 to the Vizio 4k. I know I can just go direct from box to TV and use optical.

post #20031 of 20710 Old 04-23-2016, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Thank you. Will likely get the new Hopper 3 also. Not sure what it has for audio. 5.1 is adequate for me. Just not sure if a 4k source from the Hopper would pass thru the 1712 to the Vizio 4k. I know I can just go direct from box to TV and use optical.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for troubleshooting my second zone on an 1912.

The second zone worked as set up for 2 years (using Apple TV with RCA to analog, Blue ray with RCA analogs, and Pandora via Net/USB), then I got a new Apple TV. There is no RCA on the new Apple TV so I got a splitter from Amazon that passed the HDMI through and added an RCA outpout. This worked fine for about a week and then stopped working. I thought it must be the new splitter and sent it back.

Then I notice that Pandora via the reciever (Net/USB) won't play in the second zone and neither will the Blu ray player. So maybe the splitter was not the issue because it won't play in the second zone any of the three ways I was doing it before.

I looked the the Amp Assign is still set to second zone. No plugs were changed. I am not sure what else to do or look at? Any thoughts?
post #20032 of 20710 Old 04-23-2016, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for troubleshooting my second zone on an 1912.

The second zone worked as set up for 2 years (using Apple TV with RCA to analog, Blue ray with RCA analogs, and Pandora via Net/USB), then I got a new Apple TV. There is no RCA on the new Apple TV so I got a splitter from Amazon that passed the HDMI through and added an RCA outpout. This worked fine for about a week and then stopped working. I thought it must be the new splitter and sent it back.

Then I notice that Pandora via the reciever (Net/USB) won't play in the second zone and neither will the Blu ray player. So maybe the splitter was not the issue because it won't play in the second zone any of the three ways I was doing it before.

I looked the the Amp Assign is still set to second zone. No plugs were changed. I am not sure what else to do or look at? Any thoughts?
post #20033 of 20710 Old 04-23-2016, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

No clue. I know I had an Onkyo that had hdmi issues. So far no problems with Denon. You might look at the manual and see if there's a reset procedure. Test it w/o the splitter. I'm about to buy a Samsung 4k tv, hope to keep my Denon. Should pass-through Dish content. Probably just use optical out from the TV.

post #20034 of 20710 Old 04-23-2016, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421138 View Post
Looks like my 2312 is doomed with no replacement parts available. I suspect I'm going to be offered a current model at a discounted price. Any ideas what a similar level unit is in the current lineup?
Sadly, months later this is still ongoing. They have now offered me an AVR-X1200W but aside from a few new features which I don't need, it really seems like a step down in all areas. Any thoughts?
post #20035 of 20710 Old 04-24-2016, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all, hoping someone can help explain my issue here. I have a denon 1912 with a Panasonic TV model tc-58le64 I'm trying to get 5.1 sound with an Amazon Fire Stick.

I have the fire stick in TV HDMI 2. At first I could only get sound through 2 speakers. I then added an optical cable from the TV to the receiver and I get stereo sound now which is a little better, but still not 5.1. I tried putting the fire stick into an open hdmi slot in the receiver but couldnt get a picture or anything going that route.

I've never done a firmware update on the receiver, would that help in this case to get it to read the fire stick through the receiver? Or is it just too old of a receiver?

Thanks for the help!
Andrew
post #20036 of 20710 Old 04-25-2016, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421138 View Post
Sadly, months later this is still ongoing. They have now offered me an AVR-X1200W but aside from a few new features which I don't need, it really seems like a step down in all areas. Any thoughts?
Same version of XT ... same audio quality.
post #20037 of 20710 Old 04-25-2016, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Same version of XT ... same audio quality.
But less hdmi flexibility, no remote trigger, fewer zone 2 controls, seemingly less power output too?
post #20038 of 20710 Old 04-25-2016, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandrewschmidt View Post
Hi all, hoping someone can help explain my issue here. I have a denon 1912 with a Panasonic TV model tc-58le64 I'm trying to get 5.1 sound with an Amazon Fire Stick.

I have the fire stick in TV HDMI 2. At first I could only get sound through 2 speakers. I then added an optical cable from the TV to the receiver and I get stereo sound now which is a little better, but still not 5.1. I tried putting the fire stick into an open hdmi slot in the receiver but couldnt get a picture or anything going that route.

I've never done a firmware update on the receiver, would that help in this case to get it to read the fire stick through the receiver? Or is it just too old of a receiver?

Thanks for the help!
Andrew
1. You would have to check your TV's owner's manual to see if it can pass 5.1 audio from an externally connected source (many cannot). Note that even though only getting stereo 2.0, you can use DD PLII to simulate 5.1 audio to your surround sound setup.
2. If the Firestick is only passing 1080p video, try connecting it to each of the HDMI inputs on the AVR.
post #20039 of 20710 Old 05-13-2016, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I recently got an used AVR-3312. I searched for a new A/V receiver because my old (and cheap) 5.1 Sony was not more usable (no remote, keys not working, no digital input etc).

After some research I decided to buy a DENON because of the exellent sound Quality.

I wanted to get an used one because I had not such money to spent into the device but I wanted to get a good mid-class device.

My configuration is:

1080p TV (HDMI)
720p Beamer (HDMI)
----
PC1 for music (replaces CD player) (COAX digital)
SAT receiver (HDMI)
PC2 (replaces BD player) (HDMI)
Nintendo Wii (Component + Analog audio)
VCR (Cinch fbas + analog audio).

After some fiddling out how to connect all I was a little bit dissatisfied.
The sound quality was - as expected - brilliant.

I booted up the second PC (HDMI) and wondered about the baaad image quality. All text was not clear, it was not sharp with green color around all letters. It remembered to an analog VGA signal was not correct synced with an TFT, or as it has the wrong resolution set. I checked all, the PC, the AVR and the TV was set to 1080p, 50hz. I tried many things, ONLY deactivating signal processing made the text as clear as it was before (PC directly connected to TV) but I do not have any overlayed menu anymore (I know the reason why).

Also the green color around letters appears when I use the Wii over component signal. I set the Wii to 480p and use an component cable. So signal processing MUST be on because the analog signal must be converted to digital HDMI. However the settings are (upscaling, deinterlacing etc) the green color appears.

It looks like an convergence error on an old CRT TV.

At the beginning of this thread I found:

Quote:
Known Issues for the Denon AVR-XX12 models
7/23/11: Resolved by firmware update.
4. Some picture degradation with Video Convert set to ON on the 2312CI and 3312CI. ....
So I tried to make an update but the Denon tells that it already have the "newest" firmware. To close out that it is mistake by the updater I got in contact with the ex-owner and he told me, that he made the last update at the beginning of 2012 - so the current firmware must be installed.

Now my question is, is it possible to get overlay (signal processing) to work WITHOUT touching the image quality??? So it seems that the issue is NOT resolved

The second question ist following:
after installing the AVR another friend came and we wanted to show our holiday pics. I wanted to show them on TV with my SAT receiver over LAN -> thats normal for me and normally it works fine. But at the same time as I started, we heared music from the PC1 source (COAX). Now I had to set the AVR to show the image from HDMI and sound from COAX-source. After 5 minutes of trying I gave up and we decided to show the photos on the tablet (because we wanted also hear that music and I did not wanted to connect the SAT receiver directly to the TV).
Of course, later I tried again to set the sources and mappings. I got it to work. I could set Input HDMI 3 - and second input COAX1 and set the input from auto to digital. That worked fine, I saw picture of TV and heared music from COAX1. I wanted to set a second mapping only to HDMI 3 for normal TV operation BUT I saw that any input can only be set ONCE to a mapping When I set another Mapping the HDMI input to HDMI3 and confirm this setting the HDMI3 disappears from the other mapping
After some further figuring out I only got the following solution to work:
Input mapping "SAT/CBL" set only to HDMI 3 and
"DVD" set to component 1 and coax 1. With a 2nd analog component cable I connected the sat receiver to conponent input "DVD" and got it to work, also with 1080p. As a luck my SAT receiver is able to SIMULTANOUSLY output a 1080p 50hz signal digital over HDMI and analog over component.

That solution is not good, does not satisfy me. Is there any possibility to map HDMI 3 in multiple mappings? As I told, the receiver was not new, it also seemed not to be set back to factory defaults as I got it. BUT I think I remember it WAS possible to set HDMI3 to multiple mappings BEFORE I once loaded the default values.
It seems that I activated some "default" restrictions again which were disabled by the old owner before.

Thanks in advance and nice greetings

Dirk
post #20040 of 20710 Old 05-13-2016, 03:07 AM

^^
The first step to take whenever you purchase a used AVR is to reset the microprocessor (see post 5 of this thread) to factory defaults to wipe out the previous owner's settings.

1. Try setting the "i/p Scaler" to OFF and just let the TV do the upscaling. If still no joy, set the "Video Conversion" to OFF (although doing so will disable the GUI/volume overlay). If this resolves the issue, you can purchase a Wii2HDMI (Amazon).

2. Not possible to map HDMI3 to more than one input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
4k tv , Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page