I've had the Onkyo TX-NR809 for a while now set up just in stereo with my Polk Rti A5 Speakers, but I FINALLY got a sub the other day! I'm not too too knowledgeable and have been reading the stickies on this forum, but I wanted some advice from the experts on how best to set up my new BIC PL-200.
So initially, I just ran the Audyssey setup and these are the results that it gave me along with what I had setup:
Speaker Impedance: 6ohms (only other option is 4ohms)
Speakers Type (Front): Bi-Amp
Front: 40Hz (The tip on the bottom recommends Full Band for Tower Speakers but Audyssey set them to small, 40Hz)
LPF of LFE: 80Hz
Subwoofer Phase: 0°
Left: -3.0 dB
Dynamic EQ: On
Reference Level: 0dB
Dynamic Volume: Off
So here are my thoughts:
1. For starters, Audyssey asks me to set my volume on my sub down to 75dB which brings it very near to the bottom. I found that odd as it feels a little like it's not really present at that level. I could be wrong and just disillusioned with the idea of a thumping, loud sub, but that's just my two cents.
2. I also keep reading everywhere that all speakers, even tower, should be set to small, and then around 80Hz. Audyssey set them to 40Hz and I'm not shy to admit that I'm not entirely sure what that means.
3. Despite having read up on LPF of LFE that I should set to higher (100Hz-120Hz), they are set at 80Hz. Doesn't that mean that I may be losing bass performance?
4. I'm assuming that Audyssey set the levels of my speakers so that they were close to what industry standards are relative to one another, but I've gotta raise the volume pretty high now whereas before, I often just left my levels at an even 0 and felts it sounded fine.
5. Lastly, I don't know you guys' thoughts on the Audyssey MultiEQ stuff, but when I plug my mic in, Audyssey prompts for 2 setup options, one that does just speakers at one mic setting, and one that does 3 spots and is supposed to be more thorough, I guess, in setting up the MultiEQ stuff, though from the settings, it doesn't appear to have turned much on anyway.
So what are you guys' thoughts and advice? I've gotten a ton of help here with my TV calibrations and helped a lot of people too, so I'm hopeful I can get myself set up just right! Thanks a bunch in advance.
Mt. Vernon Cherry Polk LSiM 706c Center, 707 L/R Towers, 702F/X Rears
Calibration Gear: 2018 i1Display Pro OEM (HDR Model), i1Pro