The "official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A710/810/1010/2010/3010 thread - Page 107 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 189Likes

post #3181 of 3200 Old 10-29-2018, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well, after almost exactly (EDIT) 6 years of use and one HDMI board replacement under warranty, my A3010 just suddenly, without any warning, won't turn on. It was fine on Saturday. Had some of the games on all day. Had a party, not sure who turned it off that night, but on Sunday, it wouldn't turn on. The network app recognizes it, but won't turn it on. I tried to reset the unit using the "Straight" button, no response. Tried to go into self diagnostic mode. The first time, the display came on and said something about protect, but it was too fast to decipher before it shut off again. I tried the service manual method to overcome the protect mode, but it doesn't seem to work for me. So maybe something in the amp section went out and it is in over-current protection. Not sure what would go that quick. I wasn't messing with wiring, and wasn't cranking it or abusing in any way.

It kinda discourages me on AV receivers. My first HDMI receiver (Onkyo SR805) was a great receiver for about 5 years until the HDMI started to act up. Tried to re-cap, but didn't help. After about 6 years, I sold as is and got the Yamaha. Its HDMI board went out after about a year and it was fixed under warranty. Since then it has been fine, but now suddenly its dead. So in 11 years, I've had two AV receivers die. I've never had any other type of audio equipment fail like these modern AVRs

I'm sure the repair cost will be more than I want to spend on a 5 year old, non-4K, non ATMOS receiver. I don't really use any of that, but still...

For now, I grabbed a local cheap sale (under $175) for an Integra DTR-50.5. That model seems to be after the massive Onkyo HDMI/Network board fiasco. I couldn't find anyone complaining about failures on it, so hopefully I can get a few good years out of it. I know it is a wimp compared to my old SR805, but I rarely need the extra power anyway. I just think I'm over spending big money on these receivers to have them fail every 5 years. The way quality is declining, it may be a trend to have disposable receivers and that's fine, but I'm not spending more than a few hundred on one.

If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!

Last edited by billbillw; 10-30-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3182 of 3200 Old 10-30-2018, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbillw View Post
Well, after almost exactly 5 years of use and one HDMI board replacement under warranty, my A3010 just suddenly, without any warning, won't turn on. It was fine on Saturday. Had some of the games on all day. Had a party, not sure who turned it off that night, but on Sunday, it wouldn't turn on. The network app recognizes it, but won't turn it on. I tried to reset the unit using the "Straight" button, no response. Tried to go into self diagnostic mode. The first time, the display came on and said something about protect, but it was too fast to decipher before it shut off again. I tried the service manual method to overcome the protect mode, but it doesn't seem to work for me. So maybe something in the amp section went out and it is in over-current protection. Not sure what would go that quick. I wasn't messing with wiring, and wasn't cranking it or abusing in any way.

It kinda discourages me on AV receivers. My first HDMI receiver (Onkyo SR805) was a great receiver for about 5 years until the HDMI started to act up. Tried to re-cap, but didn't help. After about 6 years, I sold as is and got the Yamaha. Its HDMI board went out after about a year and it was fixed under warranty. Since then it has been fine, but now suddenly its dead. So in 11 years, I've had two AV receivers die. I've never had any other type of audio equipment fail like these modern AVRs

I'm sure the repair cost will be more than I want to spend on a 5 year old, non-4K, non ATMOS receiver. I don't really use any of that, but still...

For now, I grabbed a local cheap sale (under $175) for an Integra DTR-50.5. That model seems to be after the massive Onkyo HDMI/Network board fiasco. I couldn't find anyone complaining about failures on it, so hopefully I can get a few good years out of it. I know it is a wimp compared to my old SR805, but I rarely need the extra power anyway. I just think I'm over spending big money on these receivers to have them fail every 5 years. The way quality is declining, it may be a trend to have disposable receivers and that's fine, but I'm not spending more than a few hundred on one.
My 2010 is acting a little strange lately. Shuts off for no reason but will come back on. It's done it about four times over the last month. I use it daily and it is connected to three zones. So it gets a lot of use. That being said, I'd still like to get some more years out of it even though I'm planning to buy a Marantz 8012 sometime next year.
I guess the signs are there that it is failing.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #3183 of 3200 Old 10-30-2018, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
My 2010 is acting a little strange lately. Shuts off for no reason but will come back on. It's done it about four times over the last month. I use it daily and it is connected to three zones. So it gets a lot of use. That being said, I'd still like to get some more years out of it even though I'm planning to buy a Marantz 8012 sometime next year.
I guess the signs are there that it is failing.
Mine didn't have anything like that. The only peculiar thing it would do was switch inputs from my HTPC input (a NUC running Windows/Kodi) to my BluRay input when I powered on the NUC sometimes. I just had to switch back inputs. I suspected that was an HDMI CEC issue, but never bothered to disable it.

It has never shut down and honestly, I don't drive it hard. Rarely ever did I have it at more than -15dB on the volume scale.

BTW, I realized that it was actually 6 years since I bought this receiver.

If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!

Last edited by billbillw; 10-30-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3184 of 3200 Old 11-16-2018, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yamaha Main Zone not working

I have a Yamaha Rx-a3010 where the main zone isn’t working. Had it for years and been a good receiver but recently I’ve had an issue. The main zone has no audio, but I get video. When I push the main zone button no bypass shows up like it used to and then on the right there are no speakers showing.

Is it broken? Or did a setting get changed?

Couldn’t find this situation when searching the internet or forums.

Thank you very much for the help as it’s greatly appreciated!!!
post #3185 of 3200 Old 11-16-2018, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Factory reset the amp (Initialize All)... just Google how to do this and see how you get on.
post #3186 of 3200 Old 02-24-2019, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Sorry for asking what probably amounts to a stupid question but I’ve just now developed a curiosity about how manual PEQ works. So far I’ve always used YPAO Flat and left it at that.

Now, if I copy YPAO Flat to Manual and enter a speaker, it displays Band #1 .
How do I move to a different band (if I understand correctly there are seven for each channel)?

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k
Video Pioneer PDP-LX6090 (calibrated)
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010, Dynaudio Audience 72 (FL, FR), Dynaudio Audience 42C (C), Dynaudio 42W (SR, SL), Chario Piccolo Star Satellite (Presence Height), SVS PB-1000 (SW)
Sources HTPC, Xbox One S, Squeezebox
post #3187 of 3200 Old 02-24-2019, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 1095
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman42 View Post
Sorry for asking what probably amounts to a stupid question but I’ve just now developed a curiosity about how manual PEQ works. So far I’ve always used YPAO Flat and left it at that.

Now, if I copy YPAO Flat to Manual and enter a speaker, it displays Band #1 .

How do I move to a different band (if I understand correctly there are seven for each channel)?
On my AVR, hit ENTER on the remote to enter edit mode. Then use the cursor keys to switch bands, or enter the freq and Q adjustment and move them with the cursor keys.

Should be described some in the OM. For the first exploration, just hit buttons with the remote to figure out how this works, then copy a YPAO PEQ setting into Manual again and start over.
gorman42 likes this.

"Exceedingly odd," said the butler.
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
post #3188 of 3200 Old 04-26-2019, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hello, I have the 3010.. I'm using it for 2.1 at this time with Polk RTi8 as fronts and a JBL subwoofer. When I set the fronts to large, the subwoofer does not play at all. How do I get the fronts to be large and the sub to play simultaneously. What I'm trying to do is to add some warmth to the fronts and blending with the sub at the same time, if that makes sense.

Thanks.
post #3189 of 3200 Old 04-26-2019, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nguyen View Post
Hello, I have the 3010.. How do I get the fronts to be large and the sub to play simultaneously..
You have to turn on extra bass in speaker configuration. Or set the front left and right speakers to small. The subwoofer output isn’t active otherwise without a 2.1 or 5.1 etc sun channel signal
Let me know if you need more help.
A scene can be created to switch easily back and forth between extra bass on, or off. Otherwise tv content like voices will be too muddy in my opinion if left on all the time.

Last edited by CaptainVideoJW; 04-26-2019 at 08:21 AM.
post #3190 of 3200 Old 07-23-2019, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Yamaha RX-A1010 - Zone 2 Help Needed

I have a pair of speaker on the back deck hooked up to the zone 2 inputs on the back of our Yamaha RX-A1010 receiver. The only sound I am hearing is from whatever is on a tv channel.

We have a TV tuner dongle going through the Xbox one ... to the receiver & to the tv.

I turned zone 2 on... switched inputs but still just get sound from tv channels.

I can't even turn sound off zone 2 sound if I turn zone 2 off

Photo of how the power amp assign is set up. We are running 5.1 speaker in the living room

Any help is much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yamahazone2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	2593756  
post #3191 of 3200 Old 07-23-2019, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampcamp View Post
I have a pair of speaker on the back deck hooked up to the zone 2 inputs on the back of our Yamaha RX-A1010 receiver. The only sound I am hearing is from whatever is on a tv channel.

We have a TV tuner dongle going through the Xbox one ... to the receiver & to the tv.

I turned zone 2 on... switched inputs but still just get sound from tv channels.

Photo of how the power amp assign is set up. We are running 5.1 speaker in the living room

I think it is because your amp is showing "bi-amp" which is sending the duplicate signal
To outside speakers. This would be a set-up error.

(Main)-Marantz 6012*Outlaw Audio M2200*Rythmik F12 subs*Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
******Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)-Assassin HTPC (movies).
(Bedroom)-Marantz SR5003*Paradigm Studio 40,SE Center,SE One*SVS SB-2000 subs*Sony S6200
(Music room)-Outlaw Audio RR2150*Sierra Two ribbon speakers*Rythmik L12 sub*Yamaha CDR-HD1500
post #3192 of 3200 Old 07-23-2019, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
I think it is because your amp is showing "bi-amp" which is sending the duplicate signal
To outside speakers. This would be a set-up error.
Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me how I should have it set? I was understanding that if I had just the 5.1 set & not the 7.1 (I'm using 2 maim large speaker, 1 center, 2 back speakers & a powered sub) the amp would run the zone 2 speakers separately.
post #3193 of 3200 Old 07-23-2019, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me how I should have it set? I was understanding that if I had just the 5.1 set & not the 7.1 (I'm using 2 maim large speaker, 1 center, 2 back speakers & a powered sub) the amp would run the zone 2 speakers separately.
that is correct. however, you are telling the receiver that you have 4 speaker posts/terminals assigned to the mains. you need to be 5.1 ( NOT Bi-AMP). then you will be able to assign the other amp channel sot zone 2

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.
post #3194 of 3200 Old 07-24-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:

You need to look at two things.
1. Amp assignment
2. Speaker configuration
I believe you need to use 7.1 plus zone one even though you only have a 5.1 setup. Hope this helps.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #3195 of 3200 Old 08-22-2019, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have a RX-A3010 reciever i bought in 2013....and believe or not, i havent used it until 2 weeks ago😳I had this big project about building a home cinema system which was delayed for some years, so to say😀But two weeks ago, i finally hooked up the system! The happyness was only for a couple of minutes, when i was about to calibrate the unit, i got error message saying «internal error». I couldnt get any sound of the speakers. Took a factory reset, didnt help. Downloaded the newest firmware - still got «internal error» message! I sent the reciever to a Yamaha service center here in Norway, and got a mail from them today saying that the WY505600 P.C.B. ASSEMBLY DIGITAL1 has to be replaced, and that this is out of production and Yamaha doesnt have this in stock. So here i am, concidering of just throwing it in the bin or try to get the part which has to be replaced. I have tried to Google the PCB with the number, but cant find it anywhere😢So im not sure if i should ask the service center to send it back to me and look for the PCB, or just ask them to scrap it. It was a really expencive reciever when i bought it, and i have to admit that i struggle to just give it up. What would you have done in my situation? Hoping someone could give me an advice👍
post #3196 of 3200 Old 09-07-2019, 04:06 PM

Need some help with the 1010

Hi all,

Purchased the 1010 many years ago....but then life got in the way, and it was mainly collecting dust over the years. Long story short, moved in to a new home, and would like to get this all going again. BUT- started messing with this today and I am quite stomped.

1st- I am pretty sure that at some point I used to hook up my laptop with HDMI, and was able to play the sound. At this point, it does not seem as though the receiver is "recognizing" the laptop. Likewise, the laptop sound remains on.

Once I figure out how to get sound I will bombard you with additional questions.

Thanks!
post #3197 of 3200 Old 09-15-2019, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This eight-year-old (?) receiver almost certainly has an outdated version of HDCP ... so Windows on a laptop might not work, depending upon what you're trying to project. :}

BTW, if you're having more luck the @bc160 , you're doing pretty well!

Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
post #3198 of 3200 Old 09-16-2019, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Re Need some help with the 1010

Try this - connect the HDMI cable to the front panel HDMI connector on the 1010 then connect the other end to the laptop. Make sure the V-Aux input is selected on the 1010. Try playing an MP3 audio file. If no sound put the laptop in sleep mode and then wake it up and try again. If still no sound you may need to update your audio device driver on the laptop.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #3199 of 3200 Old 09-23-2019, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 74
after 7 years of ethernet connecting my 3010, I am thinking of going wireless. Has anyone else here had issues with the wireless dongle that goes with this unit, if they even make it anymore.

or are there better alternatives?
post #3200 of 3200 Old 09-23-2019, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
after 7 years of ethernet connecting my 3010, I am thinking of going wireless. Has anyone else here had issues with the wireless dongle that goes with this unit, if they even make it anymore.

or are there better alternatives?
I solved the problem by buying an ASUS router on Tiger Direct for $20 with a $10 rebate from ASUS, put it in wireless bridge mode (it bridges to the main wi-fi router, the provides connectivity via its Ethernet ports), and voila my AVR is on the network without a cable across the floor. A little networking proficiency is required, but most consumer routers will support this mode of operation.
billmich likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
no sound , Receivers Amplifiers , RX-A3010 , Yamaha , Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A3010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A710bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A810bl Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page