AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Receivers, Amps, and Processors (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/)
-   -   yamaha rx-v667 not shows dtshd ma with ps3 :( (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/1398750-yamaha-rx-v667-not-shows-dtshd-ma-ps3.html)

ZeppHead666 03-08-2012 09:06 AM

Hello all,

I know many has been having the same issue and so am I? I have looked at everywhere but not able to find the answer. The problem is that when I play a bluray with ps3, on ps3 it say it's playing dts hd ma but on my receiver it says pcm. I have tried to do the bitstream thing and it still doesn't work. Yes my ps3 is slim and able to decode hd audio also less than a year old with the latest firmware.

I have pressed straight and pure direct a couple of times but it still doesn't work.

Many people say there is no difference in quality whether it's pcm or dts hd ma, but my mail problem is, when it shows pcm on my receiver and when I go to device info..it shows
Format PCM
Sampling 48Khz
Channel 2/0/---
Bitrate ---
Dialogue ---

It's outputting the movie in stereo how can it be similar to dts hd ma? NO way...pleaase help...i'm a student and just bought this when i didn't even have enogh money

one more thing I forgot to mention, the receiver shows "decoder off" whenever i play blueray movie? IS that the reason t his is happening?? how do I turn it on?

MichaelJHuman 03-08-2012 09:23 AM

It seems likely that if you are getting 2 channel PCM, it's happening from the PS3 end. One possibility is that you have enabled HDMI output on the receiver. As the receiver is connected to the TV, and the TV EDID (Info HDMI reads) may say that it only handles 2 channel PCM, then a downmix is being done.

So I would try 2 things...
1) Ensure HDMI output is off
2) Go into the PS3 settings where you can have it figure out what audio is supported, and reset it (I forget the process) so that it "recalculates" what is supported

Also, if (2) is wrong, you can try manually adding stuff like Dolby HD.

ZeppHead666 03-08-2012 09:33 AM

Thank you very much for you response sir.

I just got this receiver two days ago and not familiar with it that much. I had rx-v563 before.

HOw do I turn the HDMI out off? Please let me know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

It seems likely that if you are getting 2 channel PCM, it's happening from the PS3 end. One possibility is that you have enabled HDMI output on the receiver. As the receiver is connected to the TV, and the TV EDID (Info HDMI reads) may say that it only handles 2 channel PCM, then a downmix is being done.

So I would try 2 things...
1) Ensure HDMI output is off
2) Go into the PS3 settings where you can have it figure out what audio is supported, and reset it (I forget the process) so that it "recalculates" what is supported

Also, if (2) is wrong, you can try manually adding stuff like Dolby HD.

ZeppHead666 03-08-2012 09:57 AM

Yayyy...I figured it out....thanks for your help, I really appreciate it