Any differences between the Yamaha RX-V667 and RX-V671 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-06-2012, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
All that I found is that the RX-V671 will cost about $100 more and takes away the full compliment of preamp outputs plus takes away completely the 7.1 inputs.

The RX-V667 looks like the receiver to beat for connectivity and simplicity. I was throwing around the idea of a Onkyo TX-NR609 until reading of all the problems with these Onkyos. Then I thought about the Denon AVR-1912 but it's such a poor value. Doesn't have enough a/v or digital inputs to accomidate all of my AV equipment plus doesn't have an AV output for a DVD recorder and no Audio output for a CD Recorder. Plus neither have 7.1 inputs or 7.2/7.1preamp outputs like the Yamaha RX-V667.

Thanks for the help, I found nothing differing the RX-V667 from the RX-V671 other than the deleted 7.1 inputs and preamp outputs.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMETAL View Post

All that I found is that the RX-V671 will cost about $100 more and takes away the full compliment of preamp outputs plus takes away completely the 7.1 inputs.

The RX-V667 looks like the receiver to beat for connectivity and simplicity. I was throwing around the idea of a Onkyo TX-NR609 until reading of all the problems with these Onkyos. Then I thought about the Denon AVR-1912 but it's such a poor value. Doesn't have enough a/v or digital inputs to accomidate all of my AV equipment plus doesn't have an AV output for a DVD recorder and no Audio output for a CD Recorder. Plus neither have 7.1 inputs or 7.2/7.1preamp outputs like the Yamaha RX-V667.

Thanks for the help, I found nothing differing the RX-V667 from the RX-V671 other than the deleted 7.1 inputs and preamp outputs.

Thanks

I have the RX-V667 but you may have noticed it is discontinued. Maybe try the RX-A700? The 810 appears to add Internet if that's important to you.

While I like the 667, there's times I would like a bit more power without having to use separates.

BTW, I did notice the differences btw the 667 and 671, and feel that the A-700 is closer to the 667, hense the rec above.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandbeth View Post

I have the RX-V667 but you may have noticed it is discontinued. Maybe try the RX-A700? The 810 appears to add Internet if that's important to you.

While I like the 667, there's times I would like a bit more power without having to use separates.

BTW, I did notice the differences btw the 667 and 671, and feel that the A-700 is closer to the 667, hense the rec above.

I can still buy the 667 and it looks to be identical to the 671 except the preamp outs and 7.1 inputs.

The Aventage series, the A700 is the clone to the 667 while using a different chassis and routing circuits different but essentially the same receiver other than the chassis. The A710 is the clone to the 671 with the same difference. Oh, the Aventage series has a 3 year warranty opposed to a 2 warranty for the RX-V series.

I can buy any of the 4 but the 667 looks to be the best value by a long shot. I just want to make sure that there's no design flaws or loss of functionality with the RX-V667 or it's clone, the RX-A700.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The 671 offers networking, but as you stated loses pre ins and outs. If networking isn't important to you I would go with the 667, or A700. I'm actually looking at trying to snag one of the two myself before they're all gone.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post

The 671 offers networking, but as you stated loses pre ins and outs. If networking isn't important to you I would go with the 667, or A700. I'm actually looking at trying to snag one of the two myself before they're all gone.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. I completely skipped over that the 667 was lacking the ethernet port. That a big deal as I would love to network with the receiver. So I guess I will get the RX-V671 or RX-A710. I never used preamp outs and I already retired both my Pioneer and Denon DVD-Audio/SACD players due to lack of support and compatibility with most electronics.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V671 Receiver , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page