The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 391 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2424Likes

post #11701 of 11955 Old 02-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala1ss View Post
Hopefully someone can help me with my sound problem. I have both my Directv mini genie (61c?) and my ROKU connected through a toslink switch to my Denon 2113ci avr for the Dolby sound. Also have an HDMI cable from D*tv mini genie to TV (Samsung $K) for the video. My problem occurs when I switch from the TV to the Roku. I also have everything through my Harmony 650. When switching to the D*tv optical cable I receive Dolby sound from the Denon through the Denon Cab/Sat setting. When I then switch to the ROKU receiver my Denon receiver switches to another setting (PII ?) and I do not receive any sound. I then have to manually switch the Denon to the Cabl/Sat setting and I then receive Dolby sound. Why do I have to manually switch the Denon setting to Cab/Sat everytime. I want to watch ROKU and why doesn't it do it automatically? According to the Harmony setup I have it set up to switch the Denon to Cab/Sat for both the D*tv box and the Roku box. Writing this was more complicated that I thought. I hope someone understands my problem.
Sounds like the connections are not properly assigned. You might want to check the 'Input' section of the Roku going IN to the Denon receiver to see what are they assigned to. Excuse my ignorance but may I ask what is the purpose of using the Toslink Switch, if HDMI is being utilized? Is it strictly for listening internet radio w/o having rely on the television?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11702 of 11955 Old 02-13-2018, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Quoted: 4908 Post(s)
Liked: 5290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala1ss View Post
Hopefully someone can help me with my sound problem. I have both my Directv mini genie (61c?) and my ROKU connected through a toslink switch to my Denon 2113ci avr for the Dolby sound. Also have an HDMI cable from D*tv mini genie to TV (Samsung $K) for the video. My problem occurs when I switch from the TV to the Roku. I also have everything through my Harmony 650. When switching to the D*tv optical cable I receive Dolby sound from the Denon through the Denon Cab/Sat setting. When I then switch to the ROKU receiver my Denon receiver switches to another setting (PII ?) and I do not receive any sound. I then have to manually switch the Denon to the Cabl/Sat setting and I then receive Dolby sound. Why do I have to manually switch the Denon setting to Cab/Sat everytime. I want to watch ROKU and why doesn't it do it automatically? According to the Harmony setup I have it set up to switch the Denon to Cab/Sat for both the D*tv box and the Roku box. Writing this was more complicated that I thought. I hope someone understands my problem.
It seems like you've added some unnecessary complication with the toslink switch. Why aren't you just running HDMI cables from the sources to separate inputs on the AVR and then one HDMI cable to the TV for video?

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #11703 of 11955 Old 02-13-2018, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
2 Bad AVR-1913's Into 1 Good One?

Hello everyone.

I have 2 AVR-1913's and each one has a different issues.

Here's the problem with the 1st one:

If I get too close to the receiver or touch the volume knob, the volume decreases rapidly. If I leave my hand near the volume knob or touch it long enough the volume goes down to 0 and I can't turn it up using the knob.

The remote works to control the volume.

Here's the problem with the 2nd one:

The network drops out all the time. It is connected to the network via ethernet cable. The only way to get it back is to unplug the power cord and plug it in.

After I turn it off the only way to get it to turn back on is to unplug the power cord & plug it back in. The power button & remote won't turn it on when it's in this state. After I plug it back in the power button & remote work as expected.

I was wondering what the odds are of using both units to make a good one, or any ideas how to correct these problems.

Thanks - Rondo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11704 of 11955 Old 02-14-2018, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
It seems like you've added some unnecessary complication with the toslink switch. Why aren't you just running HDMI cables from the sources to separate inputs on the AVR and then one HDMI cable to the TV for video?
Batpig -Thanks for your response. The Denon avr does not pass through 4K video therefore both D*tv box and Roku connected via HDMI to TV for picture but the optical cables from the D*tv box and Roku give me Dolby D (I believe that's what it says on AVR). If I do not connect the Roku via optical cable to the AVR I have to listen to the Roku sound via the Samsung TV speakers. The 2 optical cables through the switch allow me to hear both device's sound through the AVR.

My problem is that when I switch to the Roku the AVR switches from Cab/sat input to something else that says PII (once said Pro Logic) and there is no sound. I have to manually set the input to cab/sat and then I receive the Dolby sound on Roku. Then, However, the AVR switches from cab/sat to PII everytime I change any feature on Roku i.e. bringing up list of stations, or any other change made. I have a Harmony 650 which is set up to handle all switching for me for the TV and another setting for Roku. On the Harmony the Roku settings say to switch the input to cab/sat but it doesn't do that, just goes to PII and then I change it manually to cab/sat.
post #11705 of 11955 Old 02-14-2018, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Quoted: 4908 Post(s)
Liked: 5290
Does one of your devices have a digital coax output? Then you could hook each device to a separate input name and avoid the optical switch.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #11706 of 11955 Old 02-17-2018, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Denon 1713 Microprocessor Reset...IP Address?

I have ongoing speaker level & distortion issues with my 1713 and have decided to do a microprocessor reset. But first...I want to save settings.

The Denon site has a procedure for doing so by saving and later loading settings using a PC.

Step 2 is finding out the IP address of the 1713 by choosing Network > Information > IP Address.

The IP Address field is blank. (There is a Mac Address, so I tried entering that in Safari on my iPad, but that didn't take me anywhere.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
post #11707 of 11955 Old 02-18-2018, 04:53 AM

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22771 Post(s)
Liked: 12419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Oz View Post
Denon 1713 Microprocessor Reset...IP Address?

I have ongoing speaker level & distortion issues with my 1713 and have decided to do a microprocessor reset. But first...I want to save settings.

The Denon site has a procedure for doing so by saving and later loading settings using a PC.

Step 2 is finding out the IP address of the 1713 by choosing Network > Information > IP Address.

The IP Address field is blank. (There is a Mac Address, so I tried entering that in Safari on my iPad, but that didn't take me anywhere.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
If you can't get an IP address to display, there is a problem with the network card. Just do the microprocessor reset and then run Audyssey and set it up again as you did when you first bought it.
post #11708 of 11955 Old 02-18-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRondo View Post
Hello everyone.

I have 2 AVR-1913's and each one has a different issues.

Here's the problem with the 1st one:

If I get too close to the receiver or touch the volume knob, the volume decreases rapidly. If I leave my hand near the volume knob or touch it long enough the volume goes down to 0 and I can't turn it up using the knob.

The remote works to control the volume.

Here's the problem with the 2nd one:

The network drops out all the time. It is connected to the network via ethernet cable. The only way to get it back is to unplug the power cord and plug it in.

After I turn it off the only way to get it to turn back on is to unplug the power cord & plug it back in. The power button & remote won't turn it on when it's in this state. After I plug it back in the power button & remote work as expected.

I was wondering what the odds are of using both units to make a good one, or any ideas how to correct these problems.

Thanks - Rondo
I was able to get the second one working by performing the network card reset procedure.

It has been working great for the past 5 days. Fingers crossed!!

USMC - 1371 - Combat Engineer - '83-'96
post #11709 of 11955 Old 02-18-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If you can't get an IP address to display, there is a problem with the network card. Just do the microprocessor reset and then run Audyssey and set it up again as you did when you first bought it.
Did a soft and hard reset. Audio is still distorted.

Very frustrating since my 1713 doesn't have many hours on it, yet is out of warranty.
post #11710 of 11955 Old 02-18-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Did a soft and hard reset. Audio is still distorted.

Very frustrating since my 1713 doesn't have many hours on it, yet is out of warranty.
Is the audio distortion through all speakers or just one? If not all, try swapping some speaker wires around to confirm it's an amp issue and not a speaker issue.
post #11711 of 11955 Old 02-18-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Is the audio distortion through all speakers or just one? If not all, try swapping some speaker wires around to confirm it's an amp issue and not a speaker issue.
Definitely the center channel. Sort of a moving target since distortion varies with content. And, yes...have switched out speakers & wires.

Thanks.
post #11712 of 11955 Old 02-20-2018, 03:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Denon Receiver AVR 1713

Hi

I have a Denon Receiver AVR 1713 currently connected to Nvidia Shield playing 4K video. I understood that AVR 1713 is not 4K ready. Is there anyway I can change the setting so that the 4K video can passthru AVR 1713 or let the receiver downsize to 1080p in order to play the video ?
I am new and might not be talking any sense at all. In short, how can I play the video ( don't need to be in 4K) with the existing setup, i.e. samsung 4K tv, Nvidia Shield , & AVR 1713.

Or i will need to upgrade to buy a new Receiver with 4K capability.

Thank you so much for helping.
post #11713 of 11955 Old 02-20-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoo View Post
Hi

I have a Denon Receiver AVR 1713 currently connected to Nvidia Shield playing 4K video. I understood that AVR 1713 is not 4K ready. Is there anyway I can change the setting so that the 4K video can passthru AVR 1713 or let the receiver downsize to 1080p in order to play the video ?
I am new and might not be talking any sense at all. In short, how can I play the video ( don't need to be in 4K) with the existing setup, i.e. samsung 4K tv, Nvidia Shield , & AVR 1713.

Or i will need to upgrade to buy a new Receiver with 4K capability.

Thank you so much for helping.
Upgrading to a 2015 or newer model is one option (especially if you want to experience Atmos/DTS:X), otherwise, you can also do one of the following:

(a) Pass the 4k video to the TV with audio from another output on the source (HDMI, optical) to the AVR
(b) Pass the 4k video+audio to the TV and use either ARC or optical from the TV back to the AVR
(c) Use a 3rd party device (eg. HD Fury Vertex --> https://www.hdfury.com/product/vertex-4k60-444-600mhz/) between the 4k source and the AVR
post #11714 of 11955 Old 02-20-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Definitely the center channel. Sort of a moving target since distortion varies with content. And, yes...have switched out speakers & wires.

Thanks.
Spoke with Denon. My options are (1) send my 1713 for repair or (2) possibly negotiate an exchange and upgrade deal.

(1) The repair center wants $65 for an evaluation (plus shipping costs), to be applied to any future repairs. Final out-of-pocket expense unknown until I get their estimate.

(2) Given my experience with this Denon unit, I'm reluctant to spring for another of their products. Not logical, I know, since all manufacturers have units that fail and I have no hard data as to Denon's brand reliability v. others. However, emotionally...I'm not at all happy that my 1713 failed just out of warranty and after little use time.

Thoughts anyone?
post #11715 of 11955 Old 02-20-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Spoke with Denon. My options are (1) send my 1713 for repair or (2) possibly negotiate an exchange and upgrade deal.

(1) The repair center wants $65 for an evaluation (plus shipping costs), to be applied to any future repairs. Final out-of-pocket expense unknown until I get their estimate.

(2) Given my experience with this Denon unit, I'm reluctant to spring for another of their products. Not logical, I know, since all manufacturers have units that fail and I have no hard data as to Denon's brand reliability v. others. However, emotionally...I'm not at all happy that my 1713 failed just out of warranty and after little use time.

Thoughts anyone?
1. Likely to cost you at least $200 or so plus shipping costs; therefore much better served putting that into a more current model based on your feature/input/output/budget requirements. Decide which model you want and then work out an exchange deal with Denon.
2. The 1713 is a 2012 model with a 2 year warranty, so not sure how it could be "just out of warranty" unless you purchased it as a used/refurbished unit not too long ago which then only comes with a 1 year warranty.
post #11716 of 11955 Old 02-20-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks.
Quote:
1. Likely to cost you at least $200 or so plus shipping costs; therefore much better served putting that into a more current model based on your feature/input/output/budget requirements. Decide which model you want and then work out an exchange deal with Denon.
2. The 1713 is a 2012 model with a 2 year warranty, so not sure how it could be "just out of warranty" unless you purchased it as a used/refurbished unit not too long ago which then only comes with a 1 year warranty.
Yes...Bought my 1713 as a refurb & added an extra-years warranty.

In any case I have much older gear that still works fine and, if it weren't for advanced design (HDMI instead of RCA jacks, for instance) and features (5.1 and up v. 3.1), I'd still be using some of those pieces.

Coincidentally, my mid-priced, well-reviewed, just-out-of-warranty Samsung BR player recently went belly up, too. I thought hard about a replacement and eventually went with an OPPO. Expensive? Yes. But worth it for the solid build and support from the manufacturer. I still have an older OPPO that I use for playing HDCD discs.
post #11717 of 11955 Old 02-27-2018, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
No tv audio

I installed my Denon AVR 1913 and got all signals except one to work as designed. I set my Samsung ..6200 smart tv to audio out in the tools. I set the Denon to receive optical digital in the setup. I checked the Toslink cable I had and it was illuminated. It would not pass audio. I bought another Toslink cable and hiked it up. Still no TV audio out of the receiver. Am I missing a step? There are only 1 digital optical out in the Samsung and only 1 input to the Denon. Thanks for suggestions.
post #11718 of 11955 Old 02-27-2018, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2214 Post(s)
Liked: 1461
are you using the TV Audio input on the Denon? also you have to make sure the optical input is assigned to the TV Audio input. It may have been reassigned.

Afro GT
post #11719 of 11955 Old 02-27-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delford View Post
I installed my Denon AVR 1913 and got all signals except one to work as designed. I set my Samsung ..6200 smart tv to audio out in the tools. I set the Denon to receive optical digital in the setup. I checked the Toslink cable I had and it was illuminated. It would not pass audio. I bought another Toslink cable and hiked it up. Still no TV audio out of the receiver. Am I missing a step? There are only 1 digital optical out in the Samsung and only 1 input to the Denon. Thanks for suggestions.
Do you have another optical audio source (eg. cable/sat box) to use as a test?
post #11720 of 11955 Old 02-27-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
are you using the TV Audio input on the Denon? also you have to make sure the optical input is assigned to the TV Audio input. It may have been reassigned.
Yes, I've checked several times that the audio input is digital optical and not digital coaxial. I assign tv audio to the receiver. Nothing. The light is on but nobody's home.
post #11721 of 11955 Old 02-27-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Do you have another optical audio source (eg. cable/sat box) to use as a test?
Unfortunately I do not.
post #11722 of 11955 Old 02-27-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delford View Post
Unfortunately I do not.
Not even a game box? Otherwise, you could purchase an optical --> coax adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/C2G-40019-Opt.../dp/B0002GV876
post #11723 of 11955 Old 03-02-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Not even a game box? Otherwise, you could purchase an optical --> coax adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/C2G-40019-Opt.../dp/B0002GV876

Good idea, although I'm not sure if the problem is with the TV or the receiver. My son works for Analog Devices. He might have one I could borrow. I hate buying and returning.
post #11724 of 11955 Old 03-06-2018, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Firmware upgrade notice? I never expected to get another one, but I did today. I currently have 9290-3179-0000-1550-1097.

I don't want to upgrade until I know what's in it. I don't see any info yet in the jdsmoothie posts at the beginning of this epically long thread.
post #11725 of 11955 Old 03-06-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRondo View Post
I was able to get the second one working by performing the network card reset procedure.

It has been working great for the past 5 days. Fingers crossed!!
Appreciate the help!

USMC - 1371 - Combat Engineer - '83-'96
post #11726 of 11955 Old 03-07-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
Firmware upgrade notice? I never expected to get another one, but I did today. I currently have 9290-3179-0000-1550-1097.

I don't want to upgrade until I know what's in it. I don't see any info yet in the jdsmoothie posts at the beginning of this epically long thread.
What is the model number for your Denon?
post #11727 of 11955 Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:

Removal of on board Spotify and replaced with having to use the Spotify Connect app from a phone/tablet.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 03-11-2018 at 06:08 AM.
post #11728 of 11955 Old 03-07-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed oz View Post
what is the model number for your denon?
avr-3313ci
post #11729 of 11955 Old 03-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

So did I. Didn't expect it either. I have the AVR-3313.

I did the update and firmware is now 9290-3179-0000-5410-8097. But I can't find what the changelog is.

Panasonic 55VT60 - Denon AVR 3313 - Monitor Audio Silver RX6 - BK XXLS400 FF
post #11730 of 11955 Old 03-07-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikbenben View Post
So did I. Didn't expect it either. I have the AVR-3313.

I did the update and firmware is now 9290-3179-0000-5410-8097. But I can't find what the changelog is.
You are braver than I am. I want to know the changelog before I potentially create problem in something that is working just fine.

But then again, I am running Windows XP and I haven't upgraded it since I bought the computer eight years ago. My computer turns on and work perfectly every day, and I don't spend time fixing problems created by updates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , denon 2113 , Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page