The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 399 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2424Likes

post #11941 of 11959 Old 09-04-2019, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 757 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22893 Post(s)
Liked: 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLittleMike View Post
Oh, I didn't think about that. I'll have to take a look. If I find that DV is enabled still, is that an issue?
Not unless the AVR does not meet your required volume needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11942 of 11959 Old 09-04-2019, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Not unless the AVR does not meet your required volume needs.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I meant that I used to keep the volume around 35. You said that's probably due to Dynamic Volume. Then maybe Dynamic Volume got turned off, so now I have to keep it around 50, which you said is normal. But if DV is turned *on* and I still have to go to 50 for sufficient volume, that means I'm turning it higher than I used to. Isn't that indicative of an issue?
post #11943 of 11959 Old 09-04-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I meant that I used to keep the volume around 35. You said that's probably due to Dynamic Volume. Then maybe Dynamic Volume got turned off, so now I have to keep it around 50, which you said is normal. But if DV is turned *on* and I still have to go to 50 for sufficient volume, that means I'm turning it higher than I used to. Isn't that indicative of an issue?
You were very clear. You're using a 7 year old model. Although this may indicate the amp may be failing, as long as you're still able to achieve the volume level you prefer (without going over the recommended maximum of 80) then there's no issue for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11944 of 11959 Old 09-04-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
You were very clear. You're using a 7 year old model. Although this may indicate the amp may be failing, as long as you're still able to achieve the volume level you prefer (without going over the recommended maximum of 80) then there's no issue for you.
Oh gotcha. So possibly an issue, but easily worked around by just turning the volume up. When I have my air conditioner running, I've had to bring it up to 70ish, but so far I haven't had to push it to 80. Hopefully that holds up.

If I did feel like replacing it, is there a direct successor to it (or maybe a few at this point, it IS 7 years old)?
post #11945 of 11959 Old 09-04-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Oh gotcha. So possibly an issue, but easily worked around by just turning the volume up. When I have my air conditioner running, I've had to bring it up to 70ish, but so far I haven't had to push it to 80. Hopefully that holds up.

If I did feel like replacing it, is there a direct successor to it (or maybe a few at this point, it IS 7 years old)?
The current direct successor to your 1913 is the S950H which still uses the same Audyssey MultEQ. Review post 1 in each of the 2018 and 2019 Denon AVR Owner's threads to review feature differences between models to determine if you want a feature in a higher level model.
post #11946 of 11959 Old 09-04-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
The current direct successor to your 1913 is the S950H which still uses the same Audyssey MultEQ. Review post 1 in each of the 2018 and 2019 Denon AVR Owner's threads to review feature differences between models to determine if you want a feature in a higher level model.
Thanks for your help. Yeah, with the newer versions of Audyssey, maybe a direct successor would not be the way to go. Haha. I'd love to integrate Google Assistant (I know support is limited for the time being, but expected to improve). I'll poke around. Maybe I can get a good deal on A4L and upgrade while I'm at it.
post #11947 of 11959 Old 09-04-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your help. Yeah, with the newer versions of Audyssey, maybe a direct successor would not be the way to go. Haha. I'd love to integrate Google Assistant (I know support is limited for the time being, but expected to improve). I'll poke around. Maybe I can get a good deal on A4L and upgrade while I'm at it.
The different versions of Audyssey (ie. MultEQ, XT, XT32) have been available since 2010. The major change has been that XT32 has moved down to the X3000 series in 2016.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 09-04-2019 at 10:03 AM.
post #11948 of 11959 Old 09-04-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
The different versions of Audyssey (ie. MultEQ, XT, XT32) have been available since 2010. The major change has been that XT32 has moved down to the X3000 series in 2016.
Right. At the time, getting XT32 would cost me a lot more than I paid for the 1913. But now, I can get it on a lower model, so it's a cheaper upgrade path. There are so many model numbers to keep track of. I think I was looking at the X3500 yesterday. That one might hit all the features I'd be interested in.
post #11949 of 11959 Old 10-06-2019, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Scored a 2113 for $75

No diff from the original MSRP, but sounds so much better. 4K & pre-outs FTW.
post #11950 of 11959 Old 11-12-2019, 07:25 AM

HI,

I've had intermittent network connectivity problems for quite a while with my AVR-3313CI ethernet connection to my Verizon FIOS router. Up until recently, a 30min+ unplug and then re-power up would reset the network connection and allow everything to work as normal for a few days until it would drop connection again.

Now, I can't get it to reset / connect at all. I go into settings and I can see a subset of the network information menu (it shows my friendly name and that DHCP is on), but I can not access any of the configurable settings to define an IP address, gateway, etc.

I can go into the setup assistant and scan for my router, but scan always fails.

I also can't see what the latest version of firmware is. That menu won't access.

Is it time for me to just replace the network card? If so, any links to where I can get one? Any other suggestions? The *lack of* network performance on this system has been very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
post #11951 of 11959 Old 11-12-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jec6100 View Post
HI,

I've had intermittent network connectivity problems for quite a while with my AVR-3313CI ethernet connection to my Verizon FIOS router. Up until recently, a 30min+ unplug and then re-power up would reset the network connection and allow everything to work as normal for a few days until it would drop connection again.

Now, I can't get it to reset / connect at all. I go into settings and I can see a subset of the network information menu (it shows my friendly name and that DHCP is on), but I can not access any of the configurable settings to define an IP address, gateway, etc.

I can go into the setup assistant and scan for my router, but scan always fails.

I also can't see what the latest version of firmware is. That menu won't access.

Is it time for me to just replace the network card? If so, any links to where I can get one? Any other suggestions? The *lack of* network performance on this system has been very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
Refer to post 5 and do an actual "Network reset."
post #11952 of 11959 Old 11-12-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Refer to post 5 and do an actual "Network reset."
Thanks, I did try that but no luck. It just suceeded in erasing all my input assignments, etc.

I did the reset and the system still will not communicate with my router. The lights on the router show no traffic / communication signals comming from the amp (the tx/rx lights do not illuminate)
I did hook the same ethernet cable to my laptop and had normal connectivity. I also tried a different ethernet cable and different port on the router.

It is odd that I can not manually access the netowork configuration settings (IE I can not change the friendly name, I can not configure DHCP vs Static IP, I can not manually configure a gateway, etc) all of these options are grayed out in the settings. I also can not see my firmware version in settings.

The rest of the configurations are accessible such as amp / input assign, audessey, manual speaker configs. When I use the setup assistant, it shows the graphics for trying to find the router but it errors out with the red line and no connection.
post #11953 of 11959 Old 11-13-2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I did try that but no luck. It just suceeded in erasing all my input assignments, etc.

I did the reset and the system still will not communicate with my router. The lights on the router show no traffic / communication signals comming from the amp (the tx/rx lights do not illuminate)
I did hook the same ethernet cable to my laptop and had normal connectivity. I also tried a different ethernet cable and different port on the router.

It is odd that I can not manually access the netowork configuration settings (IE I can not change the friendly name, I can not configure DHCP vs Static IP, I can not manually configure a gateway, etc) all of these options are grayed out in the settings. I also can not see my firmware version in settings.

The rest of the configurations are accessible such as amp / input assign, audessey, manual speaker configs. When I use the setup assistant, it shows the graphics for trying to find the router but it errors out with the red line and no connection.
Try doing a few "network resets" in a row. If still no joy, although I doubt a replacement network card would still be available, contact Denon Parts department to ask if available. Otherwise, replacing with a more current 4k model would be your next option, with excellent timing as Black Friday approaches.
post #11954 of 11959 Old 11-16-2019, 08:43 AM

Just to close the loop on this, I reached out to Denon Tech Services. They stated that the diagnose the functionality of the network chip by whether the unit is listing a MAC address. Mine is not listing a MAC address, so teh chip is considered corrupt (ie: dead). Denon no longer sells parts directly. They provided me this company:
You would have to contact our parts distributor Encompass Parts to inquire on the network chip or digital PCB. https://encompass.com/

They also mentioned there is usually a software flash that is required when installing new PCBs in the system. I'm not sure whether that will be the case for a new network card or not. I reached out to encompass to see if they have a network card, how much it is and whether I can just swap it out with my old one.

We'll see....
post #11955 of 11959 Old 11-16-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Just to close the loop on this, I reached out to Denon Tech Services. They stated that the diagnose the functionality of the network chip by whether the unit is listing a MAC address. Mine is not listing a MAC address, so teh chip is considered corrupt (ie: dead). Denon no longer sells parts directly. They provided me this company:
You would have to contact our parts distributor Encompass Parts to inquire on the network chip or digital PCB. https://encompass.com/

They also mentioned there is usually a software flash that is required when installing new PCBs in the system. I'm not sure whether that will be the case for a new network card or not. I reached out to encompass to see if they have a network card, how much it is and whether I can just swap it out with my old one.

We'll see....
You can review their parts availability on their website which shows neither is available most likely due to the age of the unit.
post #11956 of 11959 Old 11-25-2019, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung ARC and DD

New Samsung Q70 TV
Denon 3313CI

Trying to avoid buying new AVR just yet, so i'm using ARC over HDMI when playing from RoKU or Smart TV apps(Prime/Netflix...etc) .

Audio works when set to PCM. When I set audio out on tv to Dolby Digital, all I get is silence. I have read about some issues passing DD+ back over ARC but I thought plain DD was supposed to be possible. Any ideas or workarounds? I really love the Denon and would rather keep it if possible but would like to get true multi channel audio.

Thanks!
post #11957 of 11959 Old 11-25-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizzo View Post
Samsung ARC and DD

New Samsung Q70 TV
Denon 3313CI

Trying to avoid buying new AVR just yet, so i'm using ARC over HDMI when playing from RoKU or Smart TV apps(Prime/Netflix...etc) .

Audio works when set to PCM. When I set audio out on tv to Dolby Digital, all I get is silence. I have read about some issues passing DD+ back over ARC but I thought plain DD was supposed to be possible. Any ideas or workarounds? I really love the Denon and would rather keep it if possible but would like to get true multi channel audio.

Thanks!
The Netflix DD+ issue was resolved with a firmware update over 5 years ago. Ensure your unit has the most current firmware installed. You may also want to try other HDMI cables.
post #11958 of 11959 Old 11-25-2019, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks. The receiver says it's up to date. I can't get DD out of any app, Prime,Netflix, etc..

I tried the 4 HDMI cables I have and went out today any bought a new one to make sure....no dice.

Quote:
Quote:
Samsung ARC and DD

New Samsung Q70 TV
Denon 3313CI

Thanks!
The Netflix DD+ issue was resolved with a firmware update over 5 years ago. Ensure your unit has the most current firmware installed. You may also want to try other HDMI cables.
post #11959 of 11959 Old 11-26-2019, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks. The receiver says it's up to date. I can't get DD out of any app, Prime,Netflix, etc..

I tried the 4 HDMI cables I have and went out today any bought a new one to make sure....no dice.
Then your other option would be to use an optical cable from the TV, although that means giving up on DD+ which optical cannot pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , denon 2113 , Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page