The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2424Likes

post #2611 of 11955 Old 10-19-2012, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider- View Post

I've run into a fair bit of cheap/off-brand wireless routers that can't handle the multicast needed for mDNS (What apple calls "Bonjour") properly. Given that the OP (on this topic) has a decent netgear, that's not the likely situation in his. If the audio is crummy and/or there are drops, then yeah, it could easily be interference and/or bad signal quality. The fact that it's not showing up at all smells to me like the mDNS advertisements aren't getting through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider- View Post

More often than not, the randomness with whether airplay works or not boils down to cheap/crappy networking gear, rather than with the unit or your phone. What are you using for your wireless system?

i had similar symptoms on an actiontec (verizon fios supplied router). Is the receiver wired in to the switch and everything else is wireless? If so, try this just for testing purposes - plug in your laptop directly to the same switch and report back your airplay ability or lack thereof.

In a nut shell, something between the two devices - wired switch and wireless dont play well. In my case, by disabling IGMP Proxying in the routers setting alleviated my issue. Posted in the XX12 models thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 11955 Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just downloaded the new firmware via the network for the 3313 and now it won't connect to the network period. Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
post #2613 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22763 Post(s)
Liked: 12417
Did the firmware update complete successfully? You may need to reset your router. Also try unplugging the AVR for a few minutes. What's the status on using SiriusXM?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2614 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzchard View Post

In a nut shell, something between the two devices - wired switch and wireless dont play well. In my case, by disabling IGMP Proxying in the routers setting alleviated my issue. Posted in the XX12 models thread.

Just be careful with this, as if you're using an IPTV system (Telus's Optik TV comes to mind) you need ot have the IGMP proxying enabled else this won't work. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. In my case, I don't actually use the actiontec for anything other than as a brain-dead bridge modem. I've built my own router, and then just have a plain old access point (non router) to handle my wifi.
post #2615 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Did the firmware update complete successfully? You may need to reset your router. Also try unplugging the AVR for a few minutes. What's the status on using SiriusXM?

The firmware update successfully competed. I have tried restarting everything as well as different ethernet cords. I can see the Denon in my network but when I try to use internet radio it says "Connection Down". When I try sirius xm it says my log in info is incorrect. When I try to go through network setup it just sits on "Connecting Please wait..." I disabled UPnP as suggested in the avs troubleshooting guide.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
post #2616 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 12:29 PM

Try the "Network Reset" noted in post #5 of this thread.
Mreim769 likes this.
post #2617 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I have the 3313 with the most current firmware update, I'm not sure when it changed but I previously could play the Pandora app from within the Denon AVR and it would give me the 'Next' (down arrow), Menu(right arrow) and Pause(center enter button). I'd could skip up to six song per hour per station since I have the free account. Recently now when using Pandora on most songs I have only the 'Back'(left arrow) options and some times I can change stations and it will give me all the previous options but then if I choose 'Next' then on the next song I'll only have the 'Back' option again. When using the Pandora app on my Android phone or from the Pandora web site I have the option to skip. Anyone else having this happen?
post #2618 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:03 PM

Hello, I own an AVR-1713 and am hoping someone can help me. I have an older HTPC without HDMI out, just VGA for video and optical for audio (separate audio and video cards). I run the video direct to my Panasonic Viera through the PC input, that part works fine. I'm trying to get the HTPC audio to play through the Denon. I thought I could use digital assign to assign the optical in to one of the sources (I used Media Center and renamed it HTPC). However, it doesn't work; it's not picking up any audio. Any thoughts on why this may be? I have ARC set up with my TV/receiver to run completely through the HDMI, so that is why the optical port is available. Is this possible? Do I have incompatible settings somewhere, or is it just not possible on this model to use the optical in this way? Any help would be much appreciated.

Mods: I'm a first time poster, so I apologize if this post ends up in the wrong place.

Thanks so much!

-Dave
post #2619 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Quoted: 4901 Post(s)
Liked: 5278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreedar View Post

I have the 3313 with the most current firmware update, I'm not sure when it changed but I previously could play the Pandora app from within the Denon AVR and it would give me the 'Next' (down arrow), Menu(right arrow) and Pause(center enter button). I'd could skip up to six song per hour per station since I have the free account. Recently now when using Pandora on most songs I have only the 'Back'(left arrow) options and some times I can change stations and it will give me all the previous options but then if I choose 'Next' then on the next song I'll only have the 'Back' option again. When using the Pandora app on my Android phone or from the Pandora web site I have the option to skip. Anyone else having this happen?

Someone just reported this same issue on the xx12 thread. They contacted Pandora tech support and were informed that it is a bug and Pandora is aware and working with Denon to correct. I imagine it will be fixed in a future firmware update.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #2620 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelabz View Post

Hello, I own an AVR-1713 and am hoping someone can help me. I have an older HTPC without HDMI out, just VGA for video and optical for audio (separate audio and video cards). I run the video direct to my Panasonic Viera through the PC input, that part works fine. I'm trying to get the HTPC audio to play through the Denon. I thought I could use digital assign to assign the optical in to one of the sources (I used Media Center and renamed it HTPC). However, it doesn't work; it's not picking up any audio. Any thoughts on why this may be? I have ARC set up with my TV/receiver to run completely through the HDMI, so that is why the optical port is available. Is this possible? Do I have incompatible settings somewhere, or is it just not possible on this model to use the optical in this way? Any help would be much appreciated.

Mods: I'm a first time poster, so I apologize if this post ends up in the wrong place.

Thanks so much!

-Dave

Assuming the optical audio input is assigned correctly it should work. Make sure there is not an hdmi input assigned to the same source name (since the hdmi would override the optical).

Outside of that, it may be on the PC side. Do you have some other way to confirm that the optical output is actually working?

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #2621 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:19 PM

It was a tough decision between the Denon 2313C and Yamaha RX-A720 but after listening to both of them at Best Buy, I decided the Denon had a better sound. It seemed more "smooth" than the Yamaha which had a deep booming sound which I know many people love about the Yamaha but I didn't (personal preference).

I just finished hooking it up, doing the Audessey and programing and it was super easy. If you must know, I'm a stay-at-home mom who knows very little about this stuff until I started researching for our new receiver. If I can set this up, anyone can do it!

By the way, Best Buy will price match with online stores now. I printed out a price of $616 and took it to my Best Buy. When the store manager refused to price match it, I went to another store nearby and that store manager immediately priced matched it with NO problems at all. I saved almost $300 of their regular price!
post #2622 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:19 PM

It was a tough decision between the Denon 2313C and Yamaha RX-A720 but after listening to both of them at Best Buy, I decided the Denon had a better sound. It seemed more "smooth" than the Yamaha which had a deep booming sound which I know many people love about the Yamaha but I didn't (personal preference).

I just finished hooking it up, doing the Audessey and programing and it was super easy. If you must know, I'm a stay-at-home mom who knows very little about this stuff until I started researching for our new receiver. If I can set this up, anyone can do it!

By the way, Best Buy will price match with online stores now. I printed out a price of $616 and took it to my Best Buy. When the store manager refused to price match it, I went to another store nearby and that store manager immediately priced matched it with NO problems at all. I saved almost $300 of their regular price!
post #2623 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:19 PM

It's not the PC; I had a 2307CI previously and it worked fine, unless the card went bad on me. How do I verify there's not an HDMI assigned to that source and/or unassign it? You may be right on that; after I switch to the source the front panel display reads HDMI 5/Opt In or something like that. I think you're onto it. Thank you so much!!!
post #2624 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, that confirms what I suspected, the double assignment is the issue and the hdmi is overriding the optical. Just go into input setup and set hdmi assignment to "none" for that input. You can do this in the GUI or with the web browser.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #2625 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:30 PM

Which menu is it in? I go to Inputs... then my options are Digital Assign, Source Rename, Hide Source, Source Level, Input Select, and Video Source. It doesn't appear to be in any of those.
post #2626 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:34 PM

Oh, I found it. But it won't let me unassign the HDMI for MEDIA PLAYER. There's no other option. Any idea why?
post #2627 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Oh that's right, you have a 1713 and hdmi inputs are non assignable. My bad, I forgot about that change for the low level xx13 models.

You have to go to Input Select and set input mode to "digital" which will force audio from the optical and override the hdmi.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #2628 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 03:54 PM

Hrm. That's how I had it and it's not working. This model appears to have the optical permanently assigned to the TV Audio input. I think that one also enables ARC... that's the input I use for ARC audio. I don't know if I can do both... Am I as stuck as I think I am?
post #2629 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 04:22 PM

Try assigning the optical input to the AUX input.
post #2630 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 04:31 PM

Same issue... the AUX is technically HDMI 6. But I think I have a plan. I'll move my DirecTv to the MEDIA CENTER HDMI input (5) and rename it DirecTv (it's currently on CAB SAT on HDMI 1). Then I'll assign the CAB SAT to the Digital Coax Audio... my HTPC also has a digital coax out. The CAB SAT looks like the only reassignable HDMI input because it also support the coax inputs. If this works, it'll only cost a few bucks to buy the digital coax cable. Do you think that will work? Thanks for your feedback.
post #2631 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 04:52 PM

True, however, you're less likely to use HDMI 6 than the others. There should be no problem using an HDMI input in conjunction with the optical input as long as the HDMI inputs are not active. There's already an issue with the unit if changing the INPUT MODE to "Digital" doesn't pass the optical input to the surround speakers (if set up correctly as batpig notes). Also note that you can use a "yellow" RCA composite video cable in lieu of a digital coax cable with the same results.
post #2632 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 05:57 PM

Ok, thanks for the tips. I'll try it with an old RCA cable and see if it works. I don't know what the story is on why the HDMI is overriding the optical signal.
post #2633 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Someone just reported this same issue on the xx12 thread. They contacted Pandora tech support and were informed that it is a bug and Pandora is aware and working with Denon to correct. I imagine it will be fixed in a future firmware update.

Thanks for the update, good to hear and I appreciate it.
post #2634 of 11955 Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 PM

Liked: 11
I had noticed that too and thought they had dumbed down Pandora for free accounts or something. Glad to hear skipping forward may come back! smile.gif
post #2635 of 11955 Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Try doing a network reset as described in post #5.

Ok, I've realized that only the main page of the web control is not working, ie. http://x.x.x.x/index.asp. If I go direct to http://x.x.x.x/MainZone/index.html, it works.

Will anyone be kind enough to go to their main web control page and give me the address of each of the links there?

I already know one, which is x.x.x.x/MainZone/index.html.
Am mainly looking for the link to the setup page.

Thanks!
post #2636 of 11955 Old 10-21-2012, 01:18 PM

Does anyone know offhand if the 2313/3313 (or earlier iterations of either) scale the component out? I don't want to go into the long tedious details as to why, but I'm hoping to find out if I can force a 720p input signal via component to come out the component outs as 1080i. It seems like it's no problem via HDMI, but it's not clear if the scaler feeds the component outs as well.

Thanks in advance!
post #2637 of 11955 Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM

Hello, I finally hooked up my 2113ci and ran Audyssey this morning, and the treble is way too harsh and fatiguing. The mids also seemed to be squashed a bit, making dialogue not very clear. It had the total opposite effect as when I ran Audyssey on my older Onkyo (boosted mids, lowered highs.) I'm running Ascend CMT-340 speakers for my left, right, and center, FYI.

I know I cannot tweak Audyssey's equalizer, but are there any suggestions for how to remedy this? Different mic? I don't know, just a little disappointed.

Thanks in advance!
post #2638 of 11955 Old 10-21-2012, 02:51 PM

Hey folks:

I've just purchased a Home Theater in a Box which included the Denon AVR-1513 with Boston Acoustics speakers. I'll be running my PS3, and my Time Warner Cable box via HDMI through the receiver, with an HDMI out to my ISF calibrated Panasonic 60ST50.

When I had my Panny calibrated, I was using a Sony HTC-350 Soundbar, whose subwoofer acts as a receiver, with the same configuration, PS3 and cable box in via HDMI, and HDMI out to TV.

I just want to make sure that switching receivers won't affect the picture quality on my display. Are there any settings that I need to be aware of on the Denon 1513 to assure that I'll get the same picture as I did when running my equipment through the Sony SoundBar?

And forgive my ignorance. I don't have much experience with AV receivers. Thanks in advance.

The finger thing means the taxes!

post #2639 of 11955 Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 PM

No, the 1513 has no video chip installed ... it will pass through the video; however, you would be much better served returning the 1513BA and upgrading to a 1613 with Audyssey MultEQ ....

http://www.electronics-expo.com/denon-avr-1613-a-v-5-1-channel-3d-networking-home-theater-rece-monster-cable-bundle-b-powercenter-hdmi-dvd-wizard-screen-cleaning-kit-sennheiser-hd419-headphone-energy-system
post #2640 of 11955 Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravichopra View Post

Does anyone know offhand if the 2313/3313 (or earlier iterations of either) scale the component out? I don't want to go into the long tedious details as to why, but I'm hoping to find out if I can force a 720p input signal via component to come out the component outs as 1080i. It seems like it's no problem via HDMI, but it's not clear if the scaler feeds the component outs as well.
Thanks in advance!

No .. HDMI upscaling only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , denon 2113 , Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page