The *Official* Onkyo TX-NR515 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #361 of 368 Old 08-31-2018, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Spotify and the TX-NR515

Hi
I have had a TX-NR515 for about 5 years now. It is connected to the network via Ethernet and I can control it from the Onkyo app on my Android phone absolutely fine, it also plays DLNA and Internet Radio fine over the network.
I have not had Spotify Premium until this week so I thought I would try it now I do. I have read that Spotify was pulled from some Onkyo models last year, but have seen on forums that people are using it on the 515 since then. I have changed the friendly name to TXNR515 and to Onkyo (as they suggested to remove the hyphen), it is also connected via DHCP and it has the latest firmware (1171-7110-0500)
When I use the Spotify app or web player, the Onkyo is not listed as a device (it can be seen on my home network as a media player though, but not by Spotify)
When I try to login to Spotify on the Onkyo, it says "login error, please check your account information." I have tried to use both my username and email address as the login, and the password is 100% as I have logged out and in again on other devices to make sure I was using the right password. I have also tried my sisters account and it makes no difference.
SHOULD Spotify still work on the 515? Am I trying it the right way? Is there anything else to try?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 368 Old 02-09-2019, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
after a class A board

Hello guys

Got given a junker one of these and (mostly) fixed it, using the class A (preamp) board from a 313. Problem is that my sub is out of action as the 313 had no class A sub parts.

Love the way this thing sounds, and really want to connect my beloved energy sub to this monster.

Does anyone have a dead one with an OK class A board (0020 in the service manual I think) that I can buy or have? It's the one that stands up in the case and connects to all the main amp blocks, runs parallel to the heatsink.

If no one has one, where to get one maybe? I've had a google and not come up with anything.

Thanks in advance
post #363 of 368 Old 10-22-2019, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
No bass out of sub (TX-NR515)

First time audio-build here.

Got this Onkyo TX-NR515 used from a friend recently (older Onkyo) and I have a Front Left, Front Right, Center hooked up working great. Trying to use a powered sub but I am getting no sound whatsoever from it.

- I am using the Line Out marked sub on the back of the receiver with just the white end of an RCA cable. The sub has a red and white line input but the manual says to just put it in the left if you only have one.
- I turned Sub to 'On' in the Onkyo Setup
- I set all other speakers to 80Hz crossover
- Tried different RCA cables.
- Tried all the different modes (ie All Channel Stereo, Dolby)
- Tried both music and a 5.1 movie

But when I try to play things from my TV, no bass at all from the sub.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 368 Old 10-23-2019, 12:04 AM

I did another test that makes me think somethings wrong with the receivers outputs.

I had a 3.5 to RCA splitter and I hooked my phone up to the sub and I definitely got bass out of the same inputs.

My receiver PRE OUT SUB inputs look like this:
h.ttp://prntscr.com/pmvz0o

Neither seem to output any audio whatsoever.

Likely that both of these are broken or something?
post #365 of 368 Old 10-23-2019, 12:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22763 Post(s)
Liked: 12417
Whenever you purchase a "used" receiver, the first thing you want to do is to reset the microprocessor to remove the previous owner's settings and restore the original factory settings (p. 75 Owner's manual and listed below):

Quote:
To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down CBL/SAT, press 􀀙ON/STANDBY. “Clear” will appear on the AV receiver’s display and the AV receiver will enter standby mode.
Try the sub again. If still no joy, pull the RCA cable from the receiver's sub pre-out and rub your finger over the tip. Hear static from the sub? If yes, then the issue is indeed the receiver.
post #366 of 368 Old 10-23-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Whenever you purchase a "used" receiver, the first thing you want to do is to reset the microprocessor to remove the previous owner's settings and restore the original factory settings (p. 75 Owner's manual and listed below):

Try the sub again. If still no joy, pull the RCA cable from the receiver's sub pre-out and rub your finger over the tip. Hear static from the sub? If yes, then the issue is indeed the receiver.
Tried resetting to no avail.

And I do hear static from the sub, so I'm pretty much out of luck ya think at this point?
post #367 of 368 Old 10-23-2019, 01:23 AM

Few more updates from test:

- In the Level Calibration test sounds, I can hear a faint sound coming from the sub. It's not bass though. It sounds like faint wind kind of. Not sure if this information helps.

- I noticed this receiver has an HDMI port that says 'sub out' - would it be possible to get like an HDMI to RCA converter? Or is that not gonna work?
post #368 of 368 Old 10-26-2019, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22763 Post(s)
Liked: 12417
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmackdown View Post
Few more updates from test:

- In the Level Calibration test sounds, I can hear a faint sound coming from the sub. It's not bass though. It sounds like faint wind kind of. Not sure if this information helps.

- I noticed this receiver has an HDMI port that says 'sub out' - would it be possible to get like an HDMI to RCA converter? Or is that not gonna work?
That is simply a second main zone HDMI monitor output (ie. subordinate) to connect to another TV or PJ in the same room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr515

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page