The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 472 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3941Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14131 of 14140 Old 07-18-2019, 08:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,621
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1956 Post(s)
Liked: 3715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Sutton View Post
I bought my 4520cl in 2014 and never had a problem till last night. The screen was either solid green or just blank. Today when I took the hdmi cable from my directv receiver and plugged it directly into my tv the picture came back on so I knew it was a receiver issue not a tv one. I played around with it after that and plugged the hdmi into hdmi2 instead of 1 and the picture came back! I’m guessing my hdmi 1 input is shot and there’s nothing I can do about it?
Possibly, but it is worth unplugging the receiver for at least 10 minutes (soft reset) to make sure. Anytime a receiver does weird stuff, the first thing to do is a soft reset. There are other, more drastic resets to try after that in post 3 of this thread.
Matt2026 likes this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14132 of 14140 Old 07-19-2019, 06:27 AM
Member
 
Stephen Sutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Good to know. I think I do a very soft reset once in awhile when things go wrong “like a 10 Sec reset” lol. I will try the 10 min one next time. Crazy thing is when something’s not right I’ve got so many things that could be at fault lol. Reset the directv receiver or reset the receiver or is it the Fios modem or is there a plug loose lol. I must have 100 wires behind my table
Matt2026 and drh3b like this.

Sharp Aquos LC-80UQ17U
Bowers and Wilkins 683's S1
Bowers and Wilkins htm61 S1
Bowers and Wilkins 685's S1
SVS dual PB 1000's
Denon X-4520ci
Panamax Model: MR5100
Harmony 650 Remote
Stephen Sutton is offline  
post #14133 of 14140 Old 07-25-2019, 05:39 PM
Member
 
floatingkiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
delays and levels in denon receivers when input is sacd analog?

Hi All

I'm using a cambridge audio BD752 player to play SACd's through the analog multichannel input to a Denon AVR-4520.
Now, my question is now that audysee has set up the denon, when listening to the sacd, do I need to replicate the distances and levels in the BD752 menus just like the audysee setup in the denon, or is the denon still handling all that even when listening in "PURE DIRECT" to get the appropriate subwoofer delays etc?
In this case it's the BD752 doing all the decoding?
I can find no information in the denon manual to this effect.
floatingkiwi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14134 of 14140 Old 07-25-2019, 08:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When listening with Audyssey the delay are as set by the Room correction.
In pure direct mode the room correction is bypassed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B SUBASCHANDRA BOS is offline  
post #14135 of 14140 Old 07-26-2019, 02:42 PM
Member
 
floatingkiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by B SUBASCHANDRA BOS View Post
When listening with Audyssey the delay are as set by the Room correction.
In pure direct mode the room correction is bypassed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Room correction - are you referring to the equaliser (which is bypassed) or the distance/level settings?
floatingkiwi is offline  
post #14136 of 14140 Old 07-28-2019, 05:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 10
On pure direct mode the signal is directly fed to the AVR amp through the volume port.
I’m quite sure distance, eq, LFE and cross over is bypassed and probably level adjustments is still valid.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B SUBASCHANDRA BOS is offline  
post #14137 of 14140 Old 07-31-2019, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 11,521
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6222 Post(s)
Liked: 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingkiwi View Post
Hi All

I'm using a cambridge audio BD752 player to play SACd's through the analog multichannel input to a Denon AVR-4520.
Now, my question is now that audysee has set up the denon, when listening to the sacd, do I need to replicate the distances and levels in the BD752 menus just like the audysee setup in the denon, or is the denon still handling all that even when listening in "PURE DIRECT" to get the appropriate subwoofer delays etc?
In this case it's the BD752 doing all the decoding?
I can find no information in the denon manual to this effect.
The distance settings are not bypassed in Pure Direct mode (or any surround mode).
Alan P is offline  
post #14138 of 14140 Old 07-31-2019, 10:13 PM
Member
 
floatingkiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wrong - I did some testing with REW today using the "multichannel EXT in" analog inputs.

In both direct and Pure direct, level and distance settings are bypassed (or make no difference). Note that this is with the 5.1 ANALOG EXT input. With HDMI, I didn't test.
floatingkiwi is offline  
post #14139 of 14140 Old 08-01-2019, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,392
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4726 Post(s)
Liked: 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingkiwi View Post
Wrong - I did some testing with REW today using the "multichannel EXT in" analog inputs.

In both direct and Pure direct, level and distance settings are bypassed (or make no difference). Note that this is with the 5.1 ANALOG EXT input. With HDMI, I didn't test.
I actually don't think AlanP is wrong -- rather, I think you're misattributing the bypass of settings to the surround mode, whereas I think it's actually a factor of using the EXT IN analog inputs.
Alan P likes this.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #14140 of 14140 Old 08-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Member
 
floatingkiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
I actually don't think AlanP is wrong -- rather, I think you're misattributing the bypass of settings to the surround mode, whereas I think it's actually a factor of using the EXT IN analog inputs.
Quite possibly - hence my statement that I didn't check this with an hdmi input. My original question was concerning the analog inputs and nothing else. I've just got a REW setup, so it was nice to be able to confirm my thoughts once and for all.

It makes sense really, the AVR SHOULD just take the analog inputs, amplify them, and pass them on. Nothing else.
I was hoping to be able to pass DSD directly from the BD752 to the 4520, as it is supposed to be possible, but only ever get PCM over hdmi. So I only use the analog inputs now as it sounds better.
floatingkiwi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off