Owners Thread Cambridge Audio 651r/751r - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #61 of 799 Old 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
founded another 'bug' connected to 751bd/651r - during Youtube freeze you can not operate AVR at all.
Tried changing Sorround Modes or simple operation of switching to tuner, mission impossible with no Tom Cruize arround to resolve it wink.gif

Awaiting service replay from my dealer, hope that these are just 'minner' SW issues-will keep you updated..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 799 Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I don't mind discussing other products here and there.

But if things are going to get heavy into the details of CA's Blu Ray players then we should create a thread in that forum section.

Especially early in the product cycle.

Moderator harassment is wrong and immoral.  
post #63 of 799 Old 05-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeshaS View Post

founded another 'bug' connected to 751bd/651r - during Youtube freeze you can not operate AVR at all.
Tried changing Sorround Modes or simple operation of switching to tuner, mission impossible with no Tom Cruize arround to resolve it wink.gif

Awaiting service replay from my dealer, hope that these are just 'minner' SW issues-will keep you updated..

If the Blu Ray player is frozen there is nothing going to the AVR, so the AVR can't DO anything.

Moderator harassment is wrong and immoral.  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 799 Old 05-31-2013, 04:56 PM

Liked: 56
post #65 of 799 Old 06-02-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean-l View Post

If the Blu Ray player is frozen there is nothing going to the AVR, so the AVR can't DO anything.

..if AVR is TOTALY FROZEN due to freeze of BR, you can not switch the AVR to tuner, power up or down, it sounds a bit strange to me at least.
Anyway, seems like concept of CA is to force all the options (LAN, Internet...) through Blue RAy. All in all, this leaves your AVR long lasting and the only thing that should be changed software subsrciption on BR.
Feeals like that is the bottomn end idea of CA.
post #66 of 799 Old 06-18-2013, 04:17 PM

Wow what a great write up, does anyone know if CA Receivers are 110/240v switchable?
post #67 of 799 Old 06-20-2013, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hi All,
I'm new to this Forum but been long into AVRs and speakers. So far I have tried the followings:
AVRs:
1. Marantz 6006 & 5005 (Best Experience till I bought CA 551r)
2. Denon 4311 & 2311 (Excellent but not as good as Marantz)
3. Yamaha (Many different models ok SQ)
4. Pioneer (Many different models ok SQ)
5. Onkyo (Can't remember the model and worst of the lot, Hate it for sharpness)

Speakers:
1. Mirage Uni-Theater & Omnis
2. DefTech satellites
3. Polk Audio RTi, Satellites, M Series
4. Yamaha
5. Pioneer

My last setup was Marantz 6006 & Mirage + Polk Audio
Then i decided to upgrade as usual which i do at least once every year and upgraded my System in 2 phases

Phase 1:
I demo/tested primarily 3 AVRs CA 551r (651r was not available) NAD T748 & Arcam 360/400, Harman Kardon (Can't remember the model)
After extensive multiple rounds I decided to go with CA 551r cuz that experience was very pleasant and feel like worth upgrading from my Marantz (No regrets at all)

Phase 2:
Speakers: While looking for AVR i did started my research on speakers as well and demo the followings:
One of the prime criteria for me was if i could find good cube/small speakers which can produce big/decent/good sound
Tannoy, Jamo, Golden Ear SS50/3/60 & AON, Boston, Mirage MX & OMD 5, Mission M-cube, Waterfall Serio & Hurrian, Cabasse, CA Minx (20 & 10), BOSE, Paradigm, MK Sound & KEF

As you can see i went to a length to find the right speakers to match with my CA 551r and at last was able to short list to the following 3
1. CA Minx (Small speakers with Big sound and excellent sound stage, great for both movies & Music)
2. Waterfall Serio (Small speakers with good sound but not as big sound stage as Minx, kinda short fall for movies)
3. GE SS & AON (Big speakers but wall mount, Great sound (Would consider best SQ among 3 short listed if size is not a concern especially AON for Music)

Ultimately I endup buying Minx 20 (5.1) & 10 (2 for 7.1 setup to pair with Min 20) I know i should have gone for 21/11 but i couldn't find 21/11 anywhere in Singapore & Malaysia surprisingly the local distributor in these countries decided not to bring them.

Reason i decided on Minx is small size and considering their size they produced the best SQ & Wide sound stage and were equally good in movies & music.

Now comes with question smile.gif
After being through this whole episode for more than 2 months and just getting my speakers & 551r I have decided to upgrade to 651r
Reason could be odd for you but i decided to setup 7.1 instead of my current 5.1 but with 2 speakers with front height speakers and 551r doesn't give option to setup SRBs to be use as FRH speakers.
But while reading about 651r i came across Anthem AVRs and thought of reading reviews for MRX 300 & 500. I did listen to MRX 500 as well with Paradigm speakers and i did like the sound and few extra Bells which Azur 551r/651r lacks. From reviews i did got impress by ARC as well and been an Audyssy user in the past seems like a good attraction as well to consider Anthem seriously instead of Azur 651r.
But here are few things to consider before you suggest/recommend

1. I hate sharp sound and love Warm sound to the core
2. I like Audyssy/RC but not a must have as a deal braker
3. I like the Menu/ customisation options in Anthem but not a must have, can live without that as well
4. I love clarity, detail and depth of sound with good sound stage and that's my #1 priority to consider and final the AV... all rest are secondary and only to consider if both provide similar SQ
5. I love Azur sound and very happy with it after using for some time and not really sure whether i will be happy wiht Anthem just afraid that what if due to feature i go with Anthem and end up losing what i want the most (Best SQ)

So with all these details i will appreciate if someone can help me deicide which AVR i should go for and why???
post #68 of 799 Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM

hi,
based on experience I have with 651r and Minx 325 package can comment to you few things:
1. its hard to get 'warm' sound from Minx-test Monitor Audio or KeF for this combination with CA-but subject opinion is allways in place what do you preffer of two
2.try to do setup yourself, might be you can get for you, better results than any Audyssey can provide you-some people say they had such experience

regarding Anthem, I can not comment-I went for 651+751 and after few bugs resolved I like what I got despite that I feel lacking of better speakers ( for full size no space at home )
If you are in position to spend more for speakers and still forced to buy compact,go for new E305 by KEF-it is almost R series inside..

but this is just my experience, not too much that you can relay on..
post #69 of 799 Old 06-20-2013, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmunawar9 View Post

I demo/tested primarily 3 AVRs CA 551r (651r was not available) NAD T748 & Arcam 360/400, Harman Kardon (Can't remember the model)
After extensive multiple rounds I decided to go with CA 551r cuz that experience was very pleasant and feel like worth upgrading from my Marantz (No regrets at all)

Hi rmunawar9

I'd love to hear a bit more detail about your comparison of those 3 AVRs. The things you liked or didn't like about each.

Thanks
Ben
post #70 of 799 Old 06-21-2013, 02:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 291
hi everyone, I am on the fence to buy Azur 751r. This will be my first high-end avr. Um currently using denon 3313 with Klipsch RF 82 II, RC62 II, RS52 II, and PSB SubSeries 300 Subwoofer.

I am purely after viideo and audio performance in an HT setup with maximum focus on movies and occasional music listening. I read the reviews here, but they are not comprehensive enough to cover 5.1/7.1 audio and video perfomance of this avr. In my case specifically, I don't need never-to-be-used applications like internet radio, airplay, multiple zones, or any other similar options. So, if this receiver misses on all those functions, that's not a worry for me, I know this avr has the lowest version of audyssey, but I have a bfd unit and can tame the sub.

So, stripped down to the very basics of home cinema, how does this receiver perform in movies and music?

How does it perform against denon 3313 with and without audyssey?? I have owned Yamaha (RX-V373, RX-V3900), Onkyo 809 in the past and currently using Denon 3313.

Could someone pls shed some light on how it performs in movies and music?

Also, what is the Vrms of sub pre out? I mean if I have to drive a pro amp (iNuke 6000 DSP) for a DIY sub, does it have enough voltage to push iNuke adequately?

Any insight appreciated.....

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

Main System: PSB X2T, PSB XC, PSB XB, Cambridge Audio Azur 751R, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S500
post #71 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 01:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Anyone there??

Main System: PSB X2T, PSB XC, PSB XB, Cambridge Audio Azur 751R, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S500
post #72 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 01:31 AM

Hi braveheart123, If you read my post just few posts back you will get your answer.
I have used these Denon, Yamaha in the past last Denon i used was 4312.
I would highly recommend you to buy Azur and frankly there's no comparison between Denon 3313 and Azur as far as audio/sound performance is concern. Yes in Bells & Whistles Denon would beat Azur but you have already mentioned that you not interested in those and your focus is Sound/Audio & Video.

I have used & compared most of these commercial brands (Denon, Marantz, Yamaha etc) AVRs and overall i can say they are not as good in Audio performance as the boutique brands (CA, ARCAM, NAD etc).

In case of Azur I find that clarity, depth, separation of sound/detail is excellent or in my experience best among boutique brands.
I loved my Marantz and when i was thinking to upgrade i couldn't find a suitable/worthy AVR for upgrade until i had a demo of NAD then i started looking into this category for better options and after multiple rounds i decided on Azur 551r (thought would be good enough for my need and now upgrading to 651r for a certain reason though 551r is still good enough for me)
This decision was/is cuz i love clarity, detail, depth in sound and love to have a AVR who is equally good for Movies, Music.

BJFH: Sorry was traveling and just came back, my above ans may address your question but if you want i can share more details of each AVRs experience and pro/con. Let me know
post #73 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Rmunawar how do you compare the Azur to your old Marantz? I'm looking at both my preference is music 75 percent.....I currently have an older yamaha 5550...THe other question I read in some reviews that the azur doesn't do much bass management....
Rick

RickP.
post #74 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Hi braveheart123, If you read my post just few posts back you will get your answer.
I have used these Denon, Yamaha in the past last Denon i used was 4312.
I would highly recommend you to buy Azur and frankly there's no comparison between Denon 3313 and Azur as far as audio/sound performance is concern. Yes in Bells & Whistles Denon would beat Azur but you have already mentioned that you not interested in those and your focus is Sound/Audio & Video.

I have used & compared most of these commercial brands (Denon, Marantz, Yamaha etc) AVRs and overall i can say they are not as good in Audio performance as the boutique brands (CA, ARCAM, NAD etc).

In case of Azur I find that clarity, depth, separation of sound/detail is excellent or in my experience best among boutique brands.
I loved my Marantz and when i was thinking to upgrade i couldn't find a suitable/worthy AVR for upgrade until i had a demo of NAD then i started looking into this category for better options and after multiple rounds i decided on Azur 551r (thought would be good enough for my need and now upgrading to 651r for a certain reason though 551r is still good enough for me)
This decision was/is cuz i love clarity, detail, depth in sound and love to have a AVR who is equally good for Movies, Music.

BJFH: Sorry was traveling and just came back, my above ans may address your question but if you want i can share more details of each AVRs experience and pro/con. Let me know

Thanks rmunawar9, at least somebody got back to me.

- How is 571R in pure direct for 2 ch stereo? I found PD of Yamaha to be the best. Denon and Onkyo sucked. Compared with Yamaha, how is 571r in this respect?
- Does 571R have all channel stereo mode and if so how is it compared with yamaha, denon and onkyo?
- Can max volume be set in 571R, and does it have support for FLAC??
- Can we set mutiple profiles as in saving different speaker/sub level settings for DD/DTS and different for 2.1/5.1/7.1 music? I could do this thing with Yamaha RX-V3900, where I would store different trim level for the sub for DD, different for DTS, and different for all channel stereo/2.1 stereo and PD. I would simply recall a particular profile based on the type of input stream with just one click of button.
- Does 571R remember subwoofer and speaker trim levels based on content? For example, in denon I keep sub trim at -3 for DD/DTS and +2 for all channel stereo, and it remebers this setting whenever I switch between different content. This is somewhat shaved off version the feature in Yamaha mentioned above accept one cannot save it.

About movies, can you list down some of the known bass heavy movies and your experience running em off 571R in terms of soundstage, channel seperation, mid bass, etc? It will be great if you can tell me about a particular scene in the subjected movie.

post #75 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 07:39 AM

Hi RickPass, Well i loved my Marantz till the day i listened to Azur. If you are not into bells & whistles and purely looking for a great sound experience then i would say you can't go wrong with Azur.
Marantz has all the features one can ask for a 2013 AVR with a good SQ but not the same level of detail, clarity and depth which Azur can give you. Only missing thing in Azur is the features (Which almost 90% of them i was not using in Marantz). Azur from features point of view look a dated AVR but when you start listening to the Sound you stop worrying about missing features and start enjoying the SQ produced by Azur.
post #76 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi RickPass, Well i loved my Marantz till the day i listened to Azur. If you are not into bells & whistles and purely looking for a great sound experience then i would say you can't go wrong with Azur.
Marantz has all the features one can ask for a 2013 AVR with a good SQ but not the same level of detail, clarity and depth which Azur can give you. Only missing thing in Azur is the features (Which almost 90% of them i was not using in Marantz). Azur from features point of view look a dated AVR but when you start listening to the Sound you stop worrying about missing features and start enjoying the SQ produced by Azur.

How do you get around the lack of bass eq with the correction system on the Azur?
Rick

RickP.
post #77 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 08:14 AM

Hi Braveheart123, do you mean 551r or 751r? Well i'm currently using 551r and haven't heard 751r so can't answer any question related to 751r.
As i have mentioned in few of my posts... CA Azur is all about SQ as far as features are concerned you can think of it as out dated as you would like to think.
I think the answer of most of your questions is "NO" but if you interested in these features with a close to CA Azur SQ then i think you should consider Anthem MRX 500/700.
I have listened to MRX 500 with a detail demo on functionality as well. Anthem ARC (Room correction) is considered as one of the best in market and i think i have never seen such a detail level of customization been offered by any AVR. You can set profiles, you can do settings based on source, source audio type, audio DSP and alot more as i said haven't seen any other boutique AVR at least providing such detail level settings not comparing with jap/common brands.

I would still consider Azur being best in overall SQ and for example if i rate Azur 10/10 for SQ i would still rate Anthem 8-9/10 so if you add feature list & customization into picture Anthem would beat Azur.
post #78 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

oooops.....it is a typo. It sure is Azur 751R

post #79 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks rmunawar9, I think um gona take the leap of faith in favour of 751R. But before I pull the trigger, I would appreciate if you can share your experience in movies with your 551R. Some well known movies pls

post #80 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 AM

Good call Braveheart123, Normally my usage of AVR is 90% movies and only 10% music so i do a lot more testing/demo on Movies but my deciding factor is always the music quality.
As far as Azur is concern i have found it one of the very few who are as good for movies as they are for music couldn't find a weakness in movies.
I have so far tried the following movies: some highlighted scenes
1. Iron Man 2 (Tony's entry in Expo & F1 racing full scene)
2. U-571 (beginning)
3. Top Gun (Beginning & Mig fight )
4. Gladiator (First fight)
5. Transformer Darkside (Many scenes with Autobots fights)
6. Battleship (Many scenes)

These all are reference movies with soundtrack/dialogue) in many scenes which can help you decide
What i found was that even with high explosive/fight scenes dialogues were crisp & clear, effects were spot on. In many movies/scenes there were sound which i can say i didn't experience before with my old AVRs.

BTW i would again say from functionality point of view Azur is very poor/simple won't give you any profiling, config customization, detail setup like all those points which you asked earlier and so far i have only found 1 AVR who can go to such depth Anthem MRX series. I'm going to test/demo Anthem again this week before i decide whether to upgrade to Azur 651r or MRX 500/300. I can't decide so far cuz more and more i listen to my Azur 551r more i get scare to decide about Anthem MRX 500/300 that what if Anthem is can't produce such a great SQ which i'm loving every bit coming out of Azur and my newly replaced CA Minx speakers.
post #81 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

rmunawar9
"I would still consider Azur being best in overall SQ and for example if i rate Azur 10/10 for SQ i would still rate Anthem 8-9/10 so if you add feature list & customization into picture Anthem would beat Azur."
How would you rate the Marantz for SQ?
Also, what about some of the people that say the Anthem 's power is not what they rate it at.....
Rick

RickP.
post #82 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 11:44 AM

Rickpass so far i can't comment much on Anthem cuz i'm still in the process of testing/demo Anthem in my other post to Braveheart123 i suggested to evaluate Anthem cuz i did go through Anthem menu and config in detail during my last demo/test so i know for sure Anthem provides the most detail setting experience comare to any other.
For power rating i can't comment at all cuz i normally don't test any AVR from power rating point of view and anyways these AVRs power ratings are always different better compare to those of Denon/Marantz/Yamaha etc despite being low ratings (IMHO).

I would rate Marantz 7-7.5/10 (Music) 6-6.5 (Movies) this is in comparison to Azur being 10/10 also reason i give one rating to Azur and 2 different to Marantz cuz this is one quality of Azur that CA is equally good in movies & music whereas Marantz shine more for Music compare to Movies & Denon do movies better than music. I think this is how their holding company wants it to be as both are from the same company smile.gif
post #83 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Good call Braveheart123, Normally my usage of AVR is 90% movies and only 10% music so i do a lot more testing/demo on Movies but my deciding factor is always the music quality.
As far as Azur is concern i have found it one of the very few who are as good for movies as they are for music couldn't find a weakness in movies.
2. U-571 (beginning)

These all are reference movies with soundtrack/dialogue) in many scenes which can help you decide
What i found was that even with high explosive/fight scenes dialogues were crisp & clear, effects were spot on. In many movies/scenes there were sound which i can say i didn't experience before with my old AVRs.

BTW i would again say from functionality point of view Azur is very poor/simple won't give you any profiling, config customization, detail setup like all those points which you asked earlier and so far i have only found 1 AVR who can go to such depth Anthem MRX series. I'm going to test/demo Anthem again this week before i decide whether to supgrade to Azur 651r or MRX 500/300. I can't decide so far cuz more and more i listen to my Azur 551r more i get scare to decide about Anthem MRX 500/300 that what if Anthem is can't produce such a great SQ which i'm loving every bit coming out of Azur and my newly replaced CA Minx speakers.

Much appreciated and thanx loads. Um still hooked onto 751R and will go ahead with it despite the fact that it lacks all those current CE bells n whistles. Let's check what british engineering has to offer....enough of japs!!! I hope it pays off rolleyes.gif

post #84 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 02:33 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:

2. U-571 (beginning)

BTW i would again say from functionality point of view Azur is very poor/simple won't give you any profiling, config customization, detail setup like all those points which you asked earlier and so far i have only found 1 AVR who can go to such depth Anthem MRX series. I'm going to test/demo Anthem again this week before i decide whether to upgrade to Azur 651r or MRX 500/300. I can't decide so far cuz more and more i listen to my Azur 551r more i get scare to decide about Anthem MRX 500/300 that what if Anthem is can't produce such a great SQ which i'm loving every bit coming out of Azur and my newly replaced CA Minx speakers.

I would love to hear your feed back from the 551R to Anthem MRX, these are the two I'm torn between, I would've boughten the Anthem already but I use a Mac and don't have a lot of space of my hard drive and computer is breaking down which I don't really use anymore cause iPad does everything I need, so with the Anthem their ARC is a big selling feature but on the other hand I can't really set it up without repairing my computer or buying a new one. CA well I love the design it maybe lacks too much feature wise now if it had a night time mode like dobly volume and it had osd that would be enough, but the lack of both of that kinda sucks for a $1100 avr. I also don't think there's anything at the $1000 range that'll top these two so please report back after you compare the Anthem to the CA.

How do you find the surround speakers for 551R? I read mix reorts saying that it uses them well to it doesn't, I read a French reviewer say it lacks the uses of rear speakers
post #85 of 799 Old 06-22-2013, 09:38 PM

Sure Ryder125, will post my findings once done. BTW for me also one of the key selling point was ARC but during my last demo of MRX 500 the guy from show room gave me good tips of how to tune system without ARC to produce even better sound. I tried that with my Azur and I must say I'm even more impress with Azur SQ especially the dynamic range at low volume.
I didn't find any such issue of Surround it uses the speaker very well and it's DTS Remapping feature is quite good.
post #86 of 799 Old 06-23-2013, 12:28 AM

As the time passes with my speakers coming close to their total break-in time i'm more confuse and trying to find reasons why i should even consider upgrade... speakers are so loud and clear with so much detail even at less than half the volume... i have hardly taken my volume level to 35... Thanks to the product specialist of Anthem he gave me good tips of how to do custom tuning and setting to produce excellent SQ with proper effects & details even without high volume... I tunned my Azur as per he told me and wow even at a low volume of 60 i can hear all the details with complete clarity.
post #87 of 799 Old 06-23-2013, 12:32 AM

Liked: 23
What are the tips?
post #88 of 799 Old 06-23-2013, 12:43 AM

What i have experienced myself as well that most of the Room correction systems including infamous ARC of Anthem set mostly the db values to lower side mostly in negative that's why we can't hear most of the effects when the volume is really low or we have to increase volume very high to have good effects and vocals. This is what he explain to me as well when i asked him why he's not using ARC, he said that he like to do this by himself and then he explained how to listened & judge the frequency response to have a balance while setting frequency to + higher db side.
So the trick is to set the frequency on +db (higher side) but how much and what would be different values for different speakers( FL/FR/C/SL/SR etc) all depends on your listening pleasure, position, distance and what kind of details you want to hear at lower volume.
I have been trying & listening to these frequencies and setting them differently since last night to bring the right balance.
Have almost got it except still a bit more working on SR/SL to match them even more properly with FR/FL/C i think i will be able to nail them down by tonight for all channels. But frankly i never listened to these details at such a low volume ever before actually at the volume i was driving my speakers last night and still be able to listen music form all channels i never heard almost any sound before from speakers before.
BTW these setting have another imp factor your speakers quality/size and kind of sound they produce.
post #89 of 799 Old 06-23-2013, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What i have experienced myself as well that most of the Room correction systems including infamous ARC of Anthem set mostly the db values to lower side mostly in negative that's why we can't hear most of the effects when the volume is really low or we have to increase volume very high to have good effects and vocals. This is what he explain to me as well when i asked him why he's not using ARC, he said that he like to do this by himself and then he explained how to listened & judge the frequency response to have a balance while setting frequency to + higher db side.
So the trick is to set the frequency on +db (higher side) but how much and what would be different values for different speakers( FL/FR/C/SL/SR etc) all depends on your listening pleasure, position, distance and what kind of details you want to hear at lower volume.
I have been trying & listening to these frequencies and setting them differently since last night to bring the right balance.
Have almost got it except still a bit more working on SR/SL to match them even more properly with FR/FL/C i think i will be able to nail them down by tonight for all channels. But frankly i never listened to these details at such a low volume ever before actually at the volume i was driving my speakers last night and still be able to listen music form all channels i never heard almost any sound before from speakers before.
BTW these setting have another imp factor your speakers quality/size and kind of sound they produce.

I agree with what the guy at the store told you. I use the same technique when um not using audyssey and dynamic eq. When audyssey sets reference level SPL at listening position, it does it keeping the master volume at 00 on avr duraing auto cal.

You can achieve the same results at any volume and not necessarily at 00. Of course it all depends on the speaker sensitivity you are using. In my case, Klipsch have 98dB sensitivity and are ridiculously efficient and audyssey sets the trim level at -8 on avr with 00 on master volume. We can achieve the same result by reducing the master volume and keeping the speaker trims to 0 (mid position). The result is full fidelity and day night difference.

Mind you this technique doesn't work with auto eq programs like ypao, audyssey, arc, etc. I much prefer manual calibration.

post #90 of 799 Old 06-23-2013, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

If it's not too much trouble I would like to hear a bit more detail about your comparison of each AVR. Of course I will be doing my own listening, but it's nice to hear what others think.
Thanks
Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Cambridge Audio , Cambridge Audio Azur 651r Home Cinema Receiver , Cambridge Audio Azur 751r Black , Cambridge Audio Ltd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page