Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread - Page 116 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5012Likes

post #3451 of 3456 Old 05-05-2020, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2250 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinomyte76 View Post
I figured one of you guys in this thread may be able to help me with an issue I am having with my Yamaha RX-V775.

Thanks for reading in advance.

The Yamaha AVR turns off at moderate volumes.
Spoiler!

Thanks in advance!!
So you have NO speakers connected to the AVR? Do you have the AVR configured to think there are any speakers?

I'm not sure why you have the AVR set to -8dB volume if you're using pre-outs only, but I don't use my AVR in that config.

“Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?” “Oh that's all right, Detective, we're married.”
Are you new to the forum? => Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. Respect our fine Moderators. And RTFM, always.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3452 of 3456 Old 05-05-2020, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for responding.

Normally I do have speakers attached. I disconnected them to rule out short issues in the cable. The video continues to run fine, until I turn up the volume, and then the Yamaha receiver shuts off just like when I have the speakers plugged in.

Its set to -8db just for stability right now.

The ultimate question is why the Yamaha keeps shutting off and moderate volume when there is no short in the speaker wires and it is properly set to 8 ohms for the speakers. Thanks!
post #3453 of 3456 Old 05-05-2020, 09:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 6725 Post(s)
Liked: 4931
As I understand it from an Audioholics review of a Yamaha mid tier AVR the don't have the most robust preamp outs. You need to go to their upscale units if high voltage out preamp outputs are important to you. Also besides the main power amps having protection circuits which will click off if they clip, so too will the preamps. I think that may be the issue.

If the attached power amps connected to the preouts have gain controls if you set them to play loudly even from a modest input level it would be one workaround for this issue.
ChromeJob likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3454 of 3456 Old 05-09-2020, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I concur, the problem would seem to be turning the volume up so high, either with lower impedance speakers connected (speculation on my part), or no speakers connected at all. I've never maxed out the volume of my Yamahas with no speakers enabled, so I don't have any experience of this being a risky habit.

“Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?” “Oh that's all right, Detective, we're married.”
Are you new to the forum? => Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. Respect our fine Moderators. And RTFM, always.
post #3455 of 3456 Old 05-11-2020, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,
I have a problem with a Yamaha RX-V375 connected to a LG Oled B9: I get no sound from ARC when using TV netflix app (Dolby Amos). I got it sometimes (after going forward and backword with some sound settings) and appears Dolby +. But when I restart the amp, it doesn't work anymore. The workaround: use an optical cable (but I'd prefer to use ARC)
I know it's a common problem. I wonder if Yamaha has released a firmware update (not on their website).
Anyone?
Thank you
post #3456 of 3456 Old 05-16-2020, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eCentaurus View Post
Hi,
I have a problem with a Yamaha RX-V375 connected to a LG Oled B9: I get no sound from ARC when using TV netflix app (Dolby Amos). I got it sometimes (after going forward and backword with some sound settings) and appears Dolby +. But when I restart the amp, it doesn't work anymore. The workaround: use an optical cable (but I'd prefer to use ARC)
I know it's a common problem. I wonder if Yamaha has released a firmware update (not on their website).
Anyone?
Thank you
Very old model by now, the most recent firmware on the Yamaha site is surely the last that was released for the *75 series.

If ARC is unreliable, you're best settling on SPDIF (the optical audio out from the TV). Some find HDMI-ARC unreliable anyway, and the benefit from DD to DD+ is negligible IMHO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
a/v receiver , component cables , fire stick , hdmi , optical audio , receiver , rx-v675 , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55c5000 , sound , television , Tivo , yahama rx v675 , Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V375 5 1 Channel Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V575 7 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V775wa 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page