Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5004Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 3371 Old 04-30-2013, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT&annie View Post

Just picked up the 775 from Newegg for $560 shipped, pays to be on their mailing list for "secret coupons"!!

you could of got a 820 for 499.00 shipped, but thats a grest deal on a 775. Thats what I paid for my 773 last month. also the 773 has a aluminum front panel so the 775 should too.
basshead81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 3371 Old 04-30-2013, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT&annie View Post

Eh - looks like a wash. The A820 has an aluminum face plate as well as vibration absorbing feet, otherwise specs look pretty much the same. The 775 has MHL (mobile high def link) which apparently allows HDMI connection from ipad, ipod, iphone type devices which are lower powered to be displayed better on TV.

When I was on the phone today with Yamaha verifying that I can run zone 2 the way I want I asked about the difference between 773 and 775, MHL was pretty much it. Another fun feature that both have is "Party Mode" which lets you run the same digital (i.e. HDMI) signal to all zones. This will be great for when I want to watch a sporting event (or other) on TV inside and also listen to it on the deck. Sounds like a winner and I won't have to spend hundreds more for the SR6007 Marantz that allows zone 2 volume control via pre outs through the receiver.

From Yamaha:

Mobile High-Definition Link

MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) is the interface standard for high-speed digital video signal transmission that is developed for mobile devices. This interface transmits both digital audio and digital video signals from mobile devices (such as smartphones) using a single cable with any loss. As with HDMI, MHL complies with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection).

ya the mhl is no big deal tho... i can get a mhl to hdmi adapter and plug my note2 in the aux hdmi in on front of my 773 and achieve the same thing.
basshead81 is offline  
post #33 of 3371 Old 04-30-2013, 09:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,729
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3196 Post(s)
Liked: 2511
I think I would prefer the 820 just because its supposed to use better quality materials and would probably have a higher resale value. Especially when you factor in the $50 savings.

Licence to Kill
Bond 007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Member
 
BT&annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I think I would prefer the 820 just because its supposed to use better quality materials and would probably have a higher resale value. Especially when you factor in the $50 savings.

same materials save for the aluminum face and vibration absorbing feet which I've got a zillion of anyway. Also the 775 comes with wireless and the ability to add bluetooth.

"higher resale value" - one of the funniest things I've read on this forum - ever!! tongue.gif
BT&annie is offline  
post #35 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,729
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3196 Post(s)
Liked: 2511
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT&annie View Post

same materials save for the aluminum face and vibration absorbing feet which I've got a zillion of anyway. Also the 775 comes with wireless and the ability to add bluetooth.

"higher resale value" - one of the funniest things I've read on this forum - ever!! tongue.gif
I love to entertain. biggrin.gif
Wireless adaptor could be useful. I have no use for it. Nearly all Yamaha receivers have the ability to add bluetooth. I have that feature on my 467 from 2010. And you dont know about the materials. You are just guessing (believe it or not these avr have internal components too). rolleyes.gif Yamaha claims they use better materials. The 820 has 2 more HDMI In than the 775. And I still think that an Aventage receiver will be worth more in the future if one decides to sell it and upgrade.
Conclusion: The 820 is a better receiver for $50 less. Sorry about your luck. tongue.gif

Licence to Kill
Bond 007 is offline  
post #36 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 04:57 AM
Member
 
BT&annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I love to entertain. biggrin.gif
Wireless adaptor could be useful. I have no use for it. Nearly all Yamaha receivers have the ability to add bluetooth. I have that feature on my 467 from 2010. And you dont know about the materials. You are just guessing (believe it or not these avr have internal components too). rolleyes.gif Yamaha claims they use better materials. The 820 has 2 more HDMI In than the 775. And I still think that an Aventage receiver will be worth more in the future if one decides to sell it and upgrade.
Conclusion: The 820 is a better receiver for $50 less. Sorry about your luck. tongue.gif

You made your choice based on what's important to you - I made mine on the same criteria. I hope you enjoy your receiver and eventually get over the insecurity with your purchase.
BT&annie is offline  
post #37 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
here is the skinny...all bs aside the 820 is 95% identical to the 773/775. unfortunately the 820 does not have the higher end amp components that the 1020+ models do nor the speaker angle measurement mic. the 77x series has party mode, wifi included, the 820 has 2 more hdmi inputs, anti resonant wedge. really the differences are rather small...both retail 850.00-899.00 range. now would i return my 773 to save 50.00 no. however both are great deals, so chose the one that suits your needs and enjoy. smile.gif
BT&annie likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #38 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 12,526
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

here is the skinny...all bs aside the 820 is 95% identical to the 773/775.

 

I noticed the following differences...

 

  • FLAC or WAV 192 kHz/24-bit audio playback
  • Virtual CINEMA DSP for 7.1-channel Surround Sound (via 2-speakers I believe)
  • MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) Support for High Quality Video and Audio

 

All of which means zero to me so the aesthetics of the RX-A820 easily wins. Not to mention it cost less. And I do agree about the resell value. I recently sold an A3000 which held up rather nicely. Although the RX-V775 is one model newer which would offset that some...


125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled PC - i7-8700K - NVMe - RTX 2080 - 4K 43" Monitor |
Charles R is offline  
post #39 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

I noticed the following differences...
  • FLAC or WAV 192 kHz/24-bit audio playback
  • Virtual CINEMA DSP for 7.1-channel Surround Sound (via 2-speakers I believe)
  • MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) Support for High Quality Video and Audio

All of which meant zero to me so the 
aesthetics of the RX-A820 easily wins. Not to mention it cost less. And I do agree about the resell value. I recently sold an A3000 which held up rather nicely. Although the RX-V775 is one model newer which would offset that some...

so we agree both models are 95% the same. i have yet to have a yamaha reciever not hold up and I have owned a few. asthetics is a opinion and it does not necessarily cost less. that deal expires may 6th. the yamaha 773 have went on sale for 429.00, now they are back to 699.00. I would get whatever is the better deal and until may 6 the 820 takes the cake.
basshead81 is offline  
post #40 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,729
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3196 Post(s)
Liked: 2511
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT&annie View Post

You made your choice based on what's important to you - I made mine on the same criteria. I hope you enjoy your receiver and eventually get over the insecurity with your purchase.
Isnt it funny the way the mind works because your hope for me is really your hope for yourself. biggrin.gif That is why you defend your decision so vehemently because you think you may have made the wrong one but youre too proud to admit it. Good luck.
I dont own either one. smile.gif

Licence to Kill
Bond 007 is offline  
post #41 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Isnt it funny the way the mind works because your hope for me is really your hope for yourself. biggrin.gif That is why you defend your decision so vehemently because you think you may have made the wrong one but youre too proud to admit it. Good luck.
I dont own either one. smile.gif

Lol!!
basshead81 is offline  
post #42 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Member
 
BT&annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Isnt it funny the way the mind works because your hope for me is really your hope for yourself. biggrin.gif That is why you defend your decision so vehemently because you think you may have made the wrong one but youre too proud to admit it. Good luck.
I dont own either one. smile.gif


So, you start this by asking if the 775 is better than the 820 - I reply with "it's a wash" - you then present "vehement defense", argument and conclusion the 820 is "better" and when you're dismissed - turn into keyboard psychoanalyst revealing yourself as the troll you've been the whole time.

rolleyes.gif

Shoulda known better, how else does someone get almost 4k posts in less than a year.

Buh bye.
BT&annie is offline  
post #43 of 3371 Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,729
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3196 Post(s)
Liked: 2511
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT&annie View Post

So, you start this by asking if the 775 is better than the 820 - I reply with "it's a wash" - you then present "vehement defense", argument and conclusion the 820 is "better" and when you're dismissed - turn into keyboard psychoanalyst revealing yourself as the troll you've been the whole time.

rolleyes.gif

Shoulda known better, how else does someone get almost 4k posts in less than a year.

Buh bye.
lol

Licence to Kill
Bond 007 is offline  
post #44 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
d34dl1n3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Can someone please tell me if these models allow separate channel level changes (Front, Center, Sub, Surrounds) while still listening to the source material? I just got an Onkyo 818 and you can only adjust the sub and center in this manner... with the front & surround channels you are forced to listen to pink noise while making adjustments.
d34dl1n3r is offline  
post #45 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post

Can someone please tell me if these models allow separate channel level changes (Front, Center, Sub, Surrounds) while still listening to the source material? I just got an Onkyo 818 and you can only adjust the sub and center in this manner... with the front & surround channels you are forced to listen to pink noise while making adjustments.

Yes they do and you also get a 7 band peq to fine tune from 31hz-16khz smile.gif
basshead81 is offline  
post #46 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
d34dl1n3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Yes they do and you also get a 7 band peq to fine tune from 31hz-16khz smile.gif

Thanks. Guess I'll be returning the Onkyo 818 because I can't live without that feature. It's something I use on a several times a day basis. I'll lose the phono input, THX modes, Audyssey MultEQ XT32, and some power.... but that single feature alone is worth all the others to me.
d34dl1n3r is offline  
post #47 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 12,526
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post

I'll lose the phono input, THX modes, Audyssey MultEQ XT32, and some power.... but that single feature alone is worth all the others to me.

 

I ended up with a RX-A820 (current newegg sale) because of the Dialogue Lift feature. At times a worthless feature for most can make all the difference in the world.


125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled PC - i7-8700K - NVMe - RTX 2080 - 4K 43" Monitor |
Charles R is offline  
post #48 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
The thx modes will not be a big issue, ypao multi point r.s.c. is pretty good, and I bet the power difference will not be noticeable. if you need further sub eq'ing a minidsp can be had for rather cheap...and from what I have seen, audyssey is hit or miss with subs anyway.
basshead81 is offline  
post #49 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Senior Member
 
d34dl1n3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

I ended up with a RX-A820 (current newegg sale) because of the Dialogue Lift feature. At times a worthless feature for most can make all the difference in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

The thx modes will not be a big issue, ypao multi point r.s.c. is pretty good, and I bet the power difference will not be noticeable. if you need further sub eq'ing a minidsp can be had for rather cheap...and from what I have seen, audyssey is hit or miss with subs anyway.

I paid $700 shipped for the 818 and don't want to pay more than that on the Yamaha. I've been subscribed to Newegg emails for quite a while but I never got the email for the 818 @ $559, nor are there any Yamaha deals in any of the emails I've received in the last week. Where are these 820 & 775 codes, and why don't I get them in my emails from Newegg?
d34dl1n3r is offline  
post #50 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 12,526
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post



Where are these 820 & 775 codes, and why don't I get them in my emails from Newegg?

 

The RX-A820 page shows the code... couldn't be easier.


125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled PC - i7-8700K - NVMe - RTX 2080 - 4K 43" Monitor |
Charles R is offline  
post #51 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

The RX-A820 page shows the code... couldn't be easier.

yep...the a820 is 499.00 with promo code posted right on the newegg site unti may 6th. the rx-v773 is 559.00 on ebay, but was discounted on newegg for 429.00 about 3weeks ago with promo code. Best bet is to check newegg daily lol.
basshead81 is offline  
post #52 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
d34dl1n3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Haha. Thanks! How did I miss that one?

A difference between the 775 & 820 I didn't see mentioned yet is that the 820 carries a 3 yr. warranty vs. a 2 yr.
d34dl1n3r is offline  
post #53 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post

Haha. Thanks! How did I miss that one?

A difference between the 775 & 820 I didn't see mentioned yet is that the 820 carries a 3 yr. warranty vs. a 2 yr.

the 775 has party mode, mhl usb input, wireless adapter. the 820 has a anti resonant wedge, 2 more hdmi inputs(8vs6), and 3yr warranty. Might be a couple other small things, but they are pretty similar. The only difference between the 775 and 773 is mhl usb input.
basshead81 is offline  
post #54 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Senior Member
 
d34dl1n3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 46
FLAC or WAV 192 kHz/24-bit audio playback
I assume this is ONLY in regards to USB/Network audio? The 820/775 both support 192 kHz FLAC/WAV otherwise correct?

Virtual CINEMA DSP for 7.1-channel Surround Sound
No need for that unless I only had a 2.1 setup.

MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) Support for High Quality Video and Audio
Again, no need. Can just get an HDMI to MHL converter.

Party Mode
The place isn't big enough to ever use it, lol.

Can someone confirm that the 820 in fact supports 192 kHz/24-bit audio playback OUTSIDE of usb & network playback?
d34dl1n3r is offline  
post #55 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 12,526
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 791

According to the manual the RX-A820 supports FLAC (up to 96kHz via USB) and features Virtual Cinema DSP (for two-channel). Party Mode is available too.


125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled PC - i7-8700K - NVMe - RTX 2080 - 4K 43" Monitor |
Charles R is offline  
post #56 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
d34dl1n3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

According to the manual the RX-A820 supports FLAC (up to 96kHz via USB) and features Virtual Cinema DSP (for two-channel). Party Mode is available too.

Ah, thanks. I just ordered the 820. Does that 96kHz limit on FLAC only apply to audio being played through USB and network streaming? I would be surprised if it didn't support 192kHz FLAC from my PC directly to the receiver via HDMI (not streaming).
d34dl1n3r is offline  
post #57 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 12,526
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post


Does that 96kHz limit on FLAC only apply to audio being played through USB and network streaming? I would be surprised if it didn't support 192kHz FLAC from my PC directly to the receiver via HDMI (not streaming).

 

I don't stream music so you'll have to do a little research (download the manual) or hope someone comes along that does...


125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled PC - i7-8700K - NVMe - RTX 2080 - 4K 43" Monitor |
Charles R is offline  
post #58 of 3371 Old 05-03-2013, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post

FLAC or WAV 192 kHz/24-bit audio playback
I assume this is ONLY in regards to USB/Network audio? The 820/775 both support 192 kHz FLAC/WAV otherwise correct?

Virtual CINEMA DSP for 7.1-channel Surround Sound
No need for that unless I only had a 2.1 setup.

MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) Support for High Quality Video and Audio
Again, no need. Can just get an HDMI to MHL converter.

Party Mode
The place isn't big enough to ever use it, lol.

Can someone confirm that the 820 in fact supports 192 kHz/24-bit audio playback OUTSIDE of usb & network playback?

i was just pointing out minor differences...meaning not one is better than the other. get whatever is the best deal..in that case right now its the 820. i see you ordered it congrats!
basshead81 is offline  
post #59 of 3371 Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Member
 
grsmith317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT&annie View Post

Eh - looks like a wash. The A820 has an aluminum face plate as well as vibration absorbing feet, otherwise specs look pretty much the same. The 775 has MHL (mobile high def link) which apparently allows HDMI connection from ipad, ipod, iphone type devices which are lower powered to be displayed better on TV.

...

From Yamaha:

Mobile High-Definition Link

MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) is the interface standard for high-speed digital video signal transmission that is developed for mobile devices. This interface transmits both digital audio and digital video signals from mobile devices (such as smartphones) using a single cable with any loss. As with HDMI, MHL complies with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection).

UPDATE:

Forgot to Add that the 775 also comes with the wireless networking adapter and I didn't notice that mentioned in the 820's features. So, that alone is worth the $50 difference in the two.

Just a clarification, MHL is something some mobile devices have but not all. Apple is not one that supports it.
grsmith317 is offline  
post #60 of 3371 Old 05-06-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,056
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 8736
Quote:
Originally Posted by grsmith317 View Post

Just a clarification, MHL is something some mobile devices have but not all. Apple is not one that supports it.

Actually MOST androids do...so yea thats part of the reason why i dont own anything crapple smile.gif
dru42 likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
a/v receiver , component cables , fire stick , hdmi , optical audio , receiver , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55c5000 , sound , television , Tivo , yahama rx v675 , Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V375 5 1 Channel Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V575 7 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V775wa 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off