The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 407 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19782Likes

post #12181 of 13279 Old 03-17-2016, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I want to connect my Sennheiser wireless headphone's transmitter module thru an output in the back of my Denon AVX-4000 rather than the phones output in the front, as it looks cleaner.

The transmitter connects via dual RCA plugs.
Do I have any options?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12182 of 13279 Old 03-17-2016, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 4660 Post(s)
Liked: 4846
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeorge4 View Post
Ok, I've bought a Magnat central speaker 252 plus to my Magnat 802 L/R speakers, connected to the central slot of the X1000 as should, I restart the calibration procedure and even it "beeps" during calibration without any phase problems, it won't be heard at all as playing music...wtf....
Can you explain a bit more clearly? I don't understand what you mean by "it won't be heard at all as playing music".

It sounds like the center channel was detected and calibrated properly when you ran Audyssey, right? It shows up in the speaker setup as being an active speaker and has assigned distance, level, crossover values?

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #12183 of 13279 Old 03-17-2016, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Can you explain a bit more clearly? I don't understand what you mean by "it won't be heard at all as playing music".

It sounds like the center channel was detected and calibrated properly when you ran Audyssey, right? It shows up in the speaker setup as being an active speaker and has assigned distance, level, crossover values?

Ok i found the solution, after two years listening in stereo mode, I forgot that other modes like multi channel stereo or Dolby existed ...thx for the try, your guess was right...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12184 of 13279 Old 03-17-2016, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 700 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21986 Post(s)
Liked: 11925
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeorge4 View Post
Ok, I've bought a Magnat central speaker 252 plus to my Magnat 802 L/R speakers, connected to the central slot of the X1000 as should, I restart the calibration procedure and even it "beeps" during calibration without any phase problems, it won't be heard at all as playing music...wtf....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you have STEREO surround mode selected, that would be correct. Press the MUSIC button on the remote and select another surround mode.
post #12185 of 13279 Old 03-17-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook60 View Post
I want to connect my Sennheiser wireless headphone's transmitter module thru an output in the back of my Denon AVX-4000 rather than the phones output in the front, as it looks cleaner.

The transmitter connects via dual RCA plugs.
Do I have any options?
Thanks
Yup. Connect to the Zone 2 pre-outs and pass the audio source to Zone 2.
post #12186 of 13279 Old 03-17-2016, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I bought my X4000 in October of 2014. In December of 2014, I noticed a strange (but faint) static/popping noise through all speakers after the unit has been on for about a half hour. In January, I started getting the dreaded shut down/blinking red light problem as well. When my receiver shuts off, it sends a very loud sound through all 7 speakers. I'm nervous that it's going damage the speakers.

I took the receiver to an authorized repair center and the tech couldn't duplicate the problem. I'm not sure how thoroughly he tested for the problem. I brought the unit home, hooked it up, and did a factory reset. I noticed the faint popping noise before I was even finished with the on screen setup. The next day, my son was playing XBOX for about a half hour and the unit did the loud noise and shut down. I'm ready to throw it out the window.

Has anyone found a definitive fix for this issue yet? I find it completely unacceptable that so many people are having this problem on a unit in this class.
post #12187 of 13279 Old 03-17-2016, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I have the X2200 and have spotify to set up to stream. While most of the time it works, it tends to disconnect and I don't hear anything. Sometimes after this it will automatically reconnect, sometimes I just select a different streaming device and then back to the receiver again and it will work. I have the receiver with a static IP, I'm using spotify on an Ipad and android phone and they both have the same issue. I'm curious as to whether this is a spotify issue, a receiver problem, or a router problem. I'm thinking more spotify related but don't know how to fix anything.

Visio M60-c3
Denon x2200
Motorola dx3400
post #12188 of 13279 Old 03-18-2016, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo009 View Post
I have the X2200 and have spotify to set up to stream. While most of the time it works, it tends to disconnect and I don't hear anything. Sometimes after this it will automatically reconnect, sometimes I just select a different streaming device and then back to the receiver again and it will work. I have the receiver with a static IP, I'm using spotify on an Ipad and android phone and they both have the same issue. I'm curious as to whether this is a spotify issue, a receiver problem, or a router problem. I'm thinking more spotify related but don't know how to fix anything.

Oops! Wrong thread. Please repost in the 2015 Denon AVR Owner's thread linked below ....

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post34728793
post #12189 of 13279 Old 03-18-2016, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimr78 View Post
I bought my X4000 in October of 2014. In December of 2014, I noticed a strange (but faint) static/popping noise through all speakers after the unit has been on for about a half hour. In January, I started getting the dreaded shut down/blinking red light problem as well. When my receiver shuts off, it sends a very loud sound through all 7 speakers. I'm nervous that it's going damage the speakers.

I took the receiver to an authorized repair center and the tech couldn't duplicate the problem. I'm not sure how thoroughly he tested for the problem. I brought the unit home, hooked it up, and did a factory reset. I noticed the faint popping noise before I was even finished with the on screen setup. The next day, my son was playing XBOX for about a half hour and the unit did the loud noise and shut down. I'm ready to throw it out the window.

Has anyone found a definitive fix for this issue yet? I find it completely unacceptable that so many people are having this problem on a unit in this class.

Try disconnecting all speaker wires and reconnecting just the FL/FR speakers and see whether the issue presents again. If yes, then either take back to the local repair facility again with instructions on how you are able to recreate the issue as well as explaining it is shutting down in protection mode or better yet, ship it to the factory repair facility United Radio, Syracuse, NY.
post #12190 of 13279 Old 03-18-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try disconnecting all speaker wires and reconnecting just the FL/FR speakers and see whether the issue presents again. If yes, then either take back to the local repair facility again with instructions on how you are able to recreate the issue as well as explaining it is shutting down in protection mode or better yet, ship it to the factory repair facility United Radio, Syracuse, NY.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try that!
post #12191 of 13279 Old 03-18-2016, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Yup. Connect to the Zone 2 pre-outs and pass the audio source to Zone 2.
Thank you very much for the reply and advice - very much appreciated!
I will do the hook up on the weekend.
post #12192 of 13279 Old 03-18-2016, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My X4000 has been going into protection mode seemingly at random.
HDMI monitor 1 out was also flakey.

Called Denon and they said to do a factory reset.

It seemed to help.

Then it started to go into protection mode again. And eventually none of my HDMI inputs would work

Network audio would work and TV audio would work, but it would still go into protection mode occasionally, and the time after the unit turned on until it went into protection mode would vary.

I also double checked all of my speaker wiring, and everything seems ok.

Called Denon again yesterday after a second factory reset didn't fix anything.

They said to take a look at the protection history.

Mine says "DC". They said that indicates something internally is wrong.

I'm bummed that I have to take the unit in, especially to a place like Adam's Electronics: https://www.yelp.com/biz/adams-elect...ntington-beach (reviews from Denon owners seem ok, but still, a lot of people say "stay away")

This morning I decided to unplug all of my HDMI inputs and just play Network (Spotify), for a final test before I send it in.

It's been playing for about an hour and no protection mode...

What's going on?

Denon AVR-X4200W receiver
Gallo Strada 2 fronts on Mapleshade stands
Gallo Strada 2 center
Gallo A'diva SE surrounds
SVS SB12-NSD sub
Hisense 55H6SG 55" smart TV

Last edited by JonnyBCookin; 03-18-2016 at 12:36 PM.
post #12193 of 13279 Old 03-18-2016, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 4660 Post(s)
Liked: 4846
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBCookin View Post
My X4000 has been going into protection mode seemingly at random.

What's going on?
Unfortunately, this is a known issue that seemingly plagues the X4000 model specifically. Most of the time protection mode is triggered by a speaker short, overheating, low impedance speakers etc. but, for an unknown (to us) reason, the X4000 frequently has an issue where it just randomly shuts down into protection mode.

I would recommend getting it fixed under warranty.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #12194 of 13279 Old 03-20-2016, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I was getting very intermittent shutdowns several months ago, but they seemed to stop for no apparent reason. It didn't happen all that frequently, but then for a couple weeks, they seemed to come more frequently, then all of a sudden..........they stopped.
I've had my unit for two years now, and have done NO firmware upgrades since purchasing it new. A lot of what I read at that time said "don't do it, it causes more problems than it fixes".
Has that changed? Ought I hook it up to my laptop and update the firmware?

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."
post #12195 of 13279 Old 03-20-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlies View Post
I was getting very intermittent shutdowns several months ago, but they seemed to stop for no apparent reason. It didn't happen all that frequently, but then for a couple weeks, they seemed to come more frequently, then all of a sudden..........they stopped.
I've had my unit for two years now, and have done NO firmware upgrades since purchasing it new. A lot of what I read at that time said "don't do it, it causes more problems than it fixes".
Check the firmware change log provided in post 6 of this thread to determine if any of the fixes listed are something you need.
post #12196 of 13279 Old 03-20-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Only connected to the FL/FR speakers. The shutdown into protection mode still happens.

Quote:
The issues I've had with my X4000 started in Nov/Dec after I updated to the most recent firmware.
post #12197 of 13279 Old 03-21-2016, 06:23 AM

Well, I'm running my fronts and center through an Adcom GFA6000 amplifier, though they are 4-ohm Magnepan MMGs, and they really get that amp heated up after an extended period of critical listening at higher volumes. I typically run a small, auxiliary fan that hits both the Denon and Adcom when I do this. This may have something to do with the sporadic shutdown issues I experienced in the past. I'm currently planning on buying a Class D Audio amp for the two main fronts because I think I can get more out of the Maggies with more juice (currently getting 150 wpc with the Adcom), and will run the remaining Maggie center and 8-ohm surround speakers (Paradigm Phantom v2s) off the Adcom. This should relieve the Denon of virutally all thermal loading. I can't think of a setup to make it any easier on the Denon receiver, though I'm not suggesting it necessarily needs it.

Whatever I'm doing with my current setup and practices, I haven't had a trip to protection mode in months. I don't think I need to update the firmware. Seems like I might be asking for trouble.

post #12198 of 13279 Old 03-21-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Check the firmware change log provided in post 6 of this thread to determine if any of the fixes listed are something you need.
It doesn't appear there are any real fixes I need at this time. One thing I noticed, however, was an issue with the Dolby Digital + signal from Netflix. One thing I noticed recently is that when I Chromecast Netflix to the Denon, it sometimes recognizes the DD+ signal, then all of a sudden, a new chapter/episode will start, but the receiver is no longer recognizing DD+ and goes to 2 channel.

As far as you know, is this a problem attributed to Chromecasting, the Netflix stream itself, or the Denon receiver?

post #12199 of 13279 Old 03-21-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
It doesn't appear there are any real fixes I need at this time. One thing I noticed, however, was an issue with the Dolby Digital + signal from Netflix. One thing I noticed recently is that when I Chromecast Netflix to the Denon, it sometimes recognizes the DD+ signal, then all of a sudden, a new chapter/episode will start, but the receiver is no longer recognizing DD+ and goes to 2 channel.

As far as you know, is this a problem attributed to Chromecasting, the Netflix stream itself, or the Denon receiver?

Perhaps other Chromecast users could respond to this?
post #12200 of 13279 Old 03-21-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Perhaps other Chromecast users could respond to this?
FWIW, I have my Chromecast streaming quality set to "Auto" (up to 1080p). I'm wondering if maybe setting it to "Extreme" (720p) might fix the problem, as there will be no video switching that might be the cause of the audio issue. I'm guessing the Auto setting could fluctuate due to WiFi use and variable streaming speed. Seems that maybe one static setting might help.

Chromecasters?

post #12201 of 13279 Old 03-21-2016, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 22
My X4000 has shutdown spells at times and can go weeks or months trouble free and then a gremlin gets in it and it shuts down repeatedly until the power is pulled. I tried doing a factory reset and it seemed to be cured until the other day when I unplugged the power for a few minutes so I could replace my speaker cables and it started all over again. This time I left it unplugged overnight and it's behaving again. I have even tried a fan thinking that I had a heat issue, but it didn't make any difference. This seems to be a common issue and I wish Denon would step up do something.
post #12202 of 13279 Old 03-21-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retspin View Post
My X4000 has shutdown spells at times and can go weeks or months trouble free and then a gremlin gets in it and it shuts down repeatedly until the power is pulled. I tried doing a factory reset and it seemed to be cured until the other day when I unplugged the power for a few minutes so I could replace my speaker cables and it started all over again. This time I left it unplugged overnight and it's behaving again. I have even tried a fan thinking that I had a heat issue, but it didn't make any difference. This seems to be a common issue and I wish Denon would step up do something.
It's ridiculous, isn't it? For a model retailing at $1200, I expect more.
post #12203 of 13279 Old 03-21-2016, 04:34 PM

Liked: 22
Exactly! I guess I'm stuck with the quirks. I'm not going to send back for repair only to have it run flawlessly on the workbench.
post #12204 of 13279 Old 03-23-2016, 06:17 AM

CHROMECAST UPDATE: I switched settings on both Chromecast and Netflix. Both were on "Auto", so I set both to the highest fixed setting. We watched three episodes of "House of Cards" two nights ago, and the DD+ signal never dropped. Not sure if this problem is entirely fixed, or where it even originates, but it's a good sign.
If other Chromecast/Denon users are experiencing this problem, try this possible fix.

post #12205 of 13279 Old 03-23-2016, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post
I have come to the conclusion I need to sell it and keep my sc-25... The volume is just too damn low. 10db lower than any other receiver... Wtf is Denon doing?!?
Is anyone else having this volume issue???

On any of my other AVR's I would watch TV or Netflix between -33 and -23, with the denon I need a minumum of -17 to -10. With music I never went over -5 when blasting my other AVR's with the denon I've maxed it as high as +15...

The unit was fully rebuilt and should be functioning full (seems to be aside from this.) I am considering going back to my Pioneer SC-25 but would hate to lose XT32 (refuse to use MCCAC)
post #12206 of 13279 Old 03-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Is anyone else having this volume issue???

On any of my other AVR's I would watch TV or Netflix between -33 and -23, with the denon I need a minumum of -17 to -10. With music I never went over -5 when blasting my other AVR's with the denon I've maxed it as high as +15...

The unit was fully rebuilt and should be functioning full (seems to be aside from this.) I am considering going back to my Pioneer SC-25 but would hate to lose XT32 (refuse to use MCCAC)
FWIW, I have the x2000 and watch TV between -55dB & -40dB. Are you using the dB scale or 0-98 ? 35 on the (0-98) scale is about -44 on the dB scale.

Listening at -33 to -23 would not be comfortable for TV. I can't imagine the +15 you reference.

post #12207 of 13279 Old 03-23-2016, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post
FWIW, I have the x2000 and watch TV between -55dB & -40dB. Are you using the dB scale or 0-98 ? 35 on the (0-98) scale is about -44 on the dB scale.

Listening at -33 to -23 would not be comfortable for TV. I can't imagine the +15 you reference.
I'm using the standard +/- reference and hooked up both diysg pure-10's and reaction cx-10's (switched back and forth, not t once).

I just an't get the normal volume levels from the denon. My prior Onkyo and Pioneer were both 10-15db louder cross the board. "reference" sounds more like -10 or -15
post #12208 of 13279 Old 03-23-2016, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
I'm using the standard +/- reference and hooked up both diysg pure-10's and reaction cx-10's (switched back and forth, not t once).

I just an't get the normal volume levels from the denon. My prior Onkyo and Pioneer were both 10-15db louder cross the board. "reference" sounds more like -10 or -15

I presume Dynamic Volume is turned off; Audyssey is turned on.

Have you tried rerunning the Audyssey setup? Mic placement is correct?

Just checking. My X2000 with SVS Prime Center and satellites is plenty loud at -10; very loud at 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panasonic P60ST60
Sony BDP-S3100
Denon X2000
post #12209 of 13279 Old 03-27-2016, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkenaar View Post
I presume Dynamic Volume is turned off; Audyssey is turned on.

Have you tried rerunning the Audyssey setup? Mic placement is correct?

Just checking. My X2000 with SVS Prime Center and satellites is plenty loud at -10; very loud at 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I turned everything off. Never had this issue with my other avrs.

Very close to just sticking with the sc-25 until atmos becomes relavent
post #12210 of 13279 Old 03-31-2016, 10:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
I have the X4000. I knew Atmos was coming so I wired my ceiling when I remodeled 16 months ago. My question is, If I toss up two front ceiling speakers, how do I setup AVR to play Neo:X? Speakers will be hear Monday. I eventually plan on buying the X7200 (when price comes down a little) and adding rear ceiling. For now I just want to scratch the upgrade bug with front ceiling enabled.

Thanks,
ken

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
airplay problems , apple 4k tv , assistance , Audyssey , avr , chromecast ultra , d&m firmware writer , dead , dead avr-x4000 , Denon , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , denon avr-x4000 , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , denon x2000 , denon x4000 , dolby digital plus , firmware , fuzz , google home , hdmi , hdmi handshake , lan , looking for help , netflix 5.1 , receiver , RS232 , support , x1000 , X3000 , zone 2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page